PDA

View Full Version : Turn About is Fair Play

Souleater
24-04-2007, 16:14
The meaning of which is that doing what your opponent did to you back to your opponent is fair.

I thought of this last night when playing my 'Alt' army - Necrons.

I normally play my beloved Nids and DE. My opponents field a wide variety of MEQ armies :D I take models off by the handful when cover fails me and they grumble when dozens of AP 5 or - shots finally take down a Marine or two.

But last night I wheeled out my Necron. Oddly they don't see the sunlight a lot but I like 'em. they are tough, can be as fast around the table as my DE and I like their evil robot look.

As has usuaully happened on these rare 'cron nights my opponents started complaining about the 3+ save and how difficult it was to kill my Necron, because of course they are used to mowing down my gaunts and DE warriors.

This made me laugh, of course. I'm wondering if anybody else has a similar experience - of opponents complaining about the very thing that they like doing to your army!

stjohn70
24-04-2007, 17:51
Try this - play once normally, then switch armies and play again.

ancient_conflict
24-04-2007, 17:55
people need to learn its a game and dice will always choose what they land and and more often than not they defiy all statistics and probability

people shouldn't moan about dice rolls things to complain about are min maxing etc

so well done for teaching them a lesson

victorpofa
24-04-2007, 20:08
Hipocritical cuss. MEQs generally have 3+ saves so why not Necrons? It's not like you have as many Necrons as Gaunts.

This guy you played needs a good smack.

PrinnySquad
24-04-2007, 20:30
Smack upside of the face.
As above, it is incredibly hippocritical to complain about Necrons having 3+ save, when Marines have them to.

Bunnahabhain
24-04-2007, 20:36
Can I have a Tau force stand very still, so I could set up a rampaging IG assult unit?

Not sure how else I can do turn about...

victorpofa
25-04-2007, 00:59
No other chapter compares with their level of divergence from the Codex Astartes (which was likely used by Russ to wipe his bottom).

My first sig quote. :cool:

Here is the full reference that gives me credit (infamy?)

QUOTE=victorpofa;1491882