PDA

View Full Version : What Should the Retailer Do

Frep
24-04-2007, 20:23
i recently order a brettonian battalion box set (Old style with 16 men at arms, 16 bowmen, 8 KOTR, and 3 Pegasus Knigths), a Brettonian Lord, BSB and army book. but when it arrived the retailer forgot the lord and put the new battalion in. What should they do in this case I ordered the battalion when it was advertised as above an i want my two pegasus knights more than 4 extra men at arms so I'm wondering what the retailers responce should be.

Archaon
24-04-2007, 20:36
As usual.. contact him and explain it. See what he says but he might be luck because GW repackaged the battallion and he might not get the 3 Pegasus box anymore as much as he tries.

NakedFisherman
24-04-2007, 20:40
i recently order a brettonian battalion box set (Old style with 16 men at arms, 16 bowmen, 8 KOTR, and 3 Pegasus Knigths), a Brettonian Lord, BSB and army book. but when it arrived the retailer forgot the lord and put the new battalion in. What should they do in this case I ordered the battalion when it was advertised as above an i want my two pegasus knights more than 4 extra men at arms so I'm wondering what the retailers responce should be.

There's likely not much he can do.

This is a GW error. They used the same product code for a totally different product, and as far as I know trade sales never specified when they'd stop shipping the old battalion.

Call up GW and tell them directly. They know the Bretonnian Battalion is a joke and a half.

1-800-394-GAME in the US.

Frep
24-04-2007, 20:46
I'm worried about the not getting the knights, but if i felt like being obstinente (Which i don't) i could complain and say that they advertised the old contents 16,16,8,3 respectivley and not the new style so perhaps talking to GW will be the best policy unfortunetly im in Manitoba so the Us number won't do me any good but thanks anyhow.

Bretagne
24-04-2007, 20:47
i would contact them and explain the whole thing.

Llew
24-04-2007, 21:27
How recently did you order it? Normally, GW starts officially pulling items from their shipping list 6 weeks to a couple months before they reissue it. In fact, that's the best indicator I have of what new stuff is coming out: I ask my game store what items they can't order.

It's not like it was a surprise that they were changing the contents. It sounds like you just missed the window of opportunity. They may let you return it, but I'd be shocked if they custom box an old battalion for you.

Da Boyzz
24-04-2007, 23:41
Well the same sort of thing happened to me actually:

I ordered a pack of DE harpies to use as chaos furies and it said there are 3 in the packet on the net and in the ordering book; my local store keeper rang up and had a fight with the supplier about it because its faulse advertising, but they could do nothing.

:(

Frep
25-04-2007, 00:02
I just called and apparently i just hit the tranasition period between battalion boxes, which sucks but there's nothing the guy could do. At least the missing lord is on his way which is alright. (as a bonus he offered free shipping if i want to get some pegasus knights)

Saulot
25-04-2007, 02:46
hmm... good retailer you have there.

I think that's a pretty OK deal on both your parts.