PDA

View Full Version : Dwarfs or O@G

Ork_Warboss
25-04-2007, 00:54
Ok im definatly gonna do fantasy. I came up with 2 races i like,
Dwarfs and O@G. They both happen 2 be in the starter set. (WEIRD)
So im stuck i like them BOTH THE SAME.:mad:
I wanna shoot and blast people.
Yet i wanna chop em up good too!
HELP ME!:eek:

poop:wtf:

Khorne warrior
25-04-2007, 00:57
Sorry, this may seem odd, but what is o@G?

spacedwarv
25-04-2007, 00:59
Dwarfs can do both, in addition to that we do not die or break much, go Dwarfs, you will not regret it.

Ork_Warboss
25-04-2007, 01:06
O@G equals orcs and goblins:p

nanktank
25-04-2007, 02:09
Well seeing your name is Ork warboss I guess you have "Orks" for 40k if you got "Orc's" for fantasy you would have lots of bits for conversions I have Orks & Orcs but I cant stand LOTR Orcs.

Sambojin
25-04-2007, 02:27
How's about you buy two starter sets and a couple of warmachines. You can then try out both the blastiness and choppyness of both sides and pick which you like best. Just remember that the choppyness potential of O+G isn't really shown off well by night goblins (unless you buy a fair few fanatics) and dwarf warriors aren't that great at killing stuff either.

An even better idea is to make your warmachines out of sprue bits (or wood). It saves alot of money and lets you have a chance at getting to learn a bit about conversion work. I've got 6 spear chukkas and 4 divers/lobbers for my O+G made this way. Then spend a little money on whatever side you like best.

If you make the warmachines then I'd recommend O+G. With two starters you'll have 80 spear gobbos (chop down the spear to make HW+S units), 40 archers (do anything you can to make them into HW+S, I made ninja goblins :D), 2 trolls and plenty of fast cav. With say 4 free chukkas and a free lobber along with a bought wolf box and two fanatic blisters, this is enough for a pretty reasonable sized game.

If you decide you don't like them later you can try out the dwarfs. Just convert your warmachines over to a dwarfish look and voila! A little stunty force to start playing with. And if you end up deciding that they both suck you can merge them into one and you have a chaos dwarf force to play around with. With a free (but crappy) armybook.

BFSP is the best damn thing GW has ever released............

Dranthar
25-04-2007, 04:59
Both the Dwarfs and the O&G's can be made to be very shooty or very choppy. Naturally the Dwarfs are shootier and the O&G's are choppier, but it's something to keep in mind...

If you already have an Ork army then I'd say the question comes down to painting. Are you sick of painting all that green yet, or do you still enjoy it? :D

Also, there would be far fewer models to paint in a dwarf army. It always surprises me how tiny those armies tend to be at 2000pts, especially compared to my 2000pt Nite Gobbo horde. :angel:

The_Dark_Raven
25-04-2007, 05:53
now is a great time to start either of the two armies :D

i would lean towards the one you feel you could paint better and the one you feel you could play with tacticly better, if you did get orks then orcs might be the right choice as you understand how they work somewhat...Dwarves are easy to learn but as said before tend to have small armies compared to the O&G forces

gorenut
25-04-2007, 08:54
Admittedly, Dwarfs currently have a more solid rulebook. People seem to have a lot of complaints about O&G. Personally, I like both and think you can't go wrong with either one. It comes down to how reliable do you want your army. I played Orks in 40k and love them... but let it be known now.. 40k Orks are much more dependable than fantasy Orcs.