PDA

View Full Version : New

Ork_Warboss
25-04-2007, 00:03
Hey i play 40k im thinking of playing lotr. I was think of uruk hai or orks then i relised i need the book. It seems their is no codex? So im guessing all you need is the rulebook?
HELP ME :cries: :cries: :cries:

eengaming
25-04-2007, 00:53
Yes, and no. Confusing I'm sure. The big blue book is all you need to play unless you want to play certain groups or with certain models. Some groups (Easterlings) have expanded options in other books while others (Khand) are not present in the big book at all and then some units (Morgul Stalkers) are introduced in other books as options for an army in the big b lue book (in that case Mordor). That said you only need the big blue book, but you will be limited to whats in there. The way the rules for new units are released can be annoying, but the game is awesome (by far the best that GW produces in my opinion) and you really can play a great game using just the BBB (big blue book). That said if you end up really loving it you will probably pick up the occasional supplement (as I am want to do on occasion).

Adept
25-04-2007, 01:17
Hey i play 40k im thinking of playing lotr. I was think of uruk hai or orks then i relised i need the book. It seems their is no codex? So im guessing all you need is the rulebook?
HELP ME :cries: :cries: :cries:

If you are interested in Uruk Hai or Orcs (I assume Isengard or Mordor) then all you really need is the big blue book. There are a few extra options for both forces in the Two Towers Journey supplement (and probably some other supplements as well) but most of the options are in the main rule-book.

Pertinax
25-04-2007, 07:03
I can also recommend that if you want to start off the LOTR forces, then you can't really go wrong, imho, with the battle force box, especially the one for the forces of Isenguard.