PDA

View Full Version : Possessed vs. Carnival

VoidDisciple
25-04-2007, 20:45
Howdy, guys! I was thinking about taking a break from painting fantasy and looking into a Chaos Mordheim warband. How does the Cult compare to the Carnival? I'm currently leaning towards the Carnies, mainly since I'm an old Ravenloft fan and I've got some fun ideas for some conversions.
Anyhow, I'd like to get a feel for both armies. How do they match up? I'm aware that Chaos has a hard time in Mordheim, but I'm willling to take that risk.

Quin 242
25-04-2007, 21:08
Nurgle's rot is just EVIL in mordheim.
I would NOT let my band play against them. They can be mangled and unplayable for life just by being near your band. I'd forfeit the match.

marv335
25-04-2007, 21:12
If you enjoy playing mordheim, don't choose the carnival.
many players just will not play them. I know I won't and neither will anyone in my gaming group. the damage they can do to a gang is just too horrific.

strv
25-04-2007, 22:39
Are you talking post game injuries here guys?
Or are they overpowered in single games?

marv335
25-04-2007, 23:01
single games aren't really a problem.
the problem occurs when you use the carnival in a campain.
and it can be distilled into two words.
nurgles. rot.

I've smacked the CoC up really badly in a game before only to have three of five heroes contract the rot.
destroyed a decent warband despite the fact i won the fight.
the rot is too powerful.
that's where the problem lies.

VoidDisciple
26-04-2007, 00:28
Okay. So the Rot is a pretty low trick. Movin' on.

How about play style? Where do the two armies differ?

ale
26-04-2007, 12:16
You don`t need to use the rot if you don`t want to. A Carnival warband in our campaign is doing fine and it doesn`t include rot because the player didn`t want to hear whining all the time.

Quin 242
26-04-2007, 12:58
Dunno how it would play honestly. Only the one time anyone tried to play them and no one would give them a fight after that.

They don't seem to have any missile troops so it's all hand to hand. I know that I beat them senseless with crossbows and still got beat down in post game.

Inquisitor Konig
07-05-2007, 06:05
I played with CoC in a campaign and they did really well. I didnt use NR but I did want too... anyway the Plague Bearers are supper good. They can even run toe to toe with a weak possessed! The problem I found with CoC is that they are kind of boring in a long campaign. They start off really good because of the Deamon's stats, but because half your warband is Deamons, they dont gain ex. Which means you are fighting with a very similar force at the beginning and end of the campaign.

The Heros are all supper good and in my warband I only had Heros and Deamons. Needless to say I won the campaign but I just felt the army lacked character because I got no Hired Swords and I never bothered with Henchmen that could gain ex. The Deamons were just so much better.

That is just my 2 cents. NR is too powerful. But as long as you dont start the campaign with it I dont see it as a problem and it by far doesnt warant banning that warband from the game!