PDA

View Full Version : SHP no more? Well now what?

spagunk
26-04-2007, 03:47
So i have a slightly converted SHP with 2x LC's that was just waiting for the day when i grab that spray can and start my painting. (can be seen http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/spagunk/Vet%20Assault%20Marines/SHP3.jpg <== Here). Now, with the new BA codex comming out, it looks like my SHP will be no more! So what should i do with him? My current string of HQ's are as follows:

1 Capt w/ SBolter and Pwr Weap (3rd ed captain...oy)
1 Capt w/ BP, Pwr Weap, JP, THonors
1 Librarian w/ nothing special
1 Chappy

The thought came to mind to make the SHP a company champion for one of my HG, but he is a little over dressed for that position. He could end up being a good Captain but then that make 3 of em which is a lil over kill. What say you all? What should i do with this lost soul?

GodofWarTx
26-04-2007, 06:46
No such thing as terminator honors anymore =(

Ravenheart
26-04-2007, 09:11
A captain is probably your only choice, as no other HQ has the option of twin lightning claws.

No such thing as terminator honors anymore =(

At least not in the form they used to be.

Commissar Vaughn
26-04-2007, 09:32
what on earth is an SHP?

==Me==
26-04-2007, 09:42
I heard an awesome idea over at the B&C

Have your SHP count as a Chaplain, plenty fluffy and an interesting conversion.

superknijn
26-04-2007, 09:44
Sanguinary High Priest, an HQ option that the Blood angels used to have, but whose existance is currently uncertain. I'll just sit by and watch what happens; after all, won't the codex as released in WD in the next months be some sort of test-codex, with a printed follow-up?

Darnok
26-04-2007, 10:11
won't the codex as released in WD in the next months be some sort of test-codex, with a printed follow-up?

Seems like the version in WD is the real Codex. But only time (and WD) will tell...

OrlyggJafnakol
26-04-2007, 10:20
I thought that this WD codex was 'a test of the waters' so to speak. Up dating and older codex quickly (along the lines of a recent release, ie DA) until a full release is due...

Off topic, but I also hope this BA codex thing is also a 'test of the waters' to see if they can up the sales of WD after several years of poor articles.

Karhedron
26-04-2007, 20:00
According to the current WD, the BA list starting in next month's WD will be a full official list. Thus it will be tournament legal and will superecede the existing codex.

BAs are not quite losing SHPs all together as there is still Corbulo. The idea is that he is The Sanguinary High Priest and there is only one in the Chapter.

Gammarah
26-04-2007, 20:13
Just stick a jump pack on him and make him a member of a Vet Squad.

spagunk
27-04-2007, 01:12
Well the JP was already in the cards for that guy. I think the new rule do allow a VAS to have a lightning claw trooper so I may be ok. It was just a shock to find that SHP were no longer a basic IC HQ option as i took some time acquiring the parts to build the sucker...coulda just saved the money and get myself more assault marines...

THE KAPPTIN
27-04-2007, 06:22
According to the current WD, the BA list starting in next month's WD will be a full official list. Thus it will be tournament legal and will superecede the existing codex.Not "full official list" -- mine says "fully official codex update," something along those lines. I am hoping to jervis, though, that it is indeed a full list.

Karhedron
27-04-2007, 20:16
Not "full official list" -- mine says "fully official codex update," something along those lines. I am hoping to jervis, though, that it is indeed a full list.
I guess it depends on what you mean by "full". I am guessing that for some units like Land Raiders etc they will simply say "refer to codex Space Marines". I meant full in the sense that it would eb a complete list, not just updates for a few units.

victorpofa
28-04-2007, 12:51
I saw a preorder for a Sanguinary High Priest on BattleWagon Bits. It's coming in June.

http://www.battlewagon-bits.com/product/41-36

spagunk
29-04-2007, 15:42
That is interesting. I'm not certain where BW gets its info as I have had no indication anywhere else that the SHP will be a unit option in the new codex...hmmm