PDA

View Full Version : Servitor madness?

cuda1179
26-04-2007, 18:21
Techmarines from different chapters seem to have different patterns of servitors. In a "normal" codex marine chapter there are combat servitors, tech servitors, and weapons servitors. While the weapons servitors are the same, the Dark angels have a different version of a tech servitor. He is a guy with guardsmen stats and a servo arm.
In a normal marine army this role is devided in two ways. There is a servitor that counts as having a powerfist, and another that counts as having just a single close combat weapon (but can help fix vehicles).
Annoying inconsistencies aside, I find this a mixed blessing. On one hand I see it as having repair servitors actually having a chance to defend themselves. On the other hand, you loose the ability to have three powerfist attacks on the charge.

What do you all think?

TheWarSmith
26-04-2007, 18:24
I just like the fact that you could have 6 techmarines in an army if you were an absolute nut!!

Too bad they're bloody expensive.

Curis
26-04-2007, 18:31
I like the idea of servitors just having guardsmen stats, no weapons and bionics - when they're dead they get back up[ on a 6+

:P

Onisuzume
26-04-2007, 18:44
I think it's odd that the servitors with a servo-arm couldn't help fix vehicles.
It's one of the purposes of a servo-arm.

So imo; it's good that the DA got only 2 types of servitors, one of which is nice in CC and can help repair vehicles.

Vanilla marines get to choose what they want; goth(Dark Angels) marines get both!

Sir_Turalyon
26-04-2007, 21:32
Vanilla marines get to choose what they want; goth(Dark Angels) marines get both!

Not exactly both, but they get balanced compromise (overall theme for DA codex).

They get reliable techmarine whith retinue which can fix vehicles very good and can decently fight in close combat. Vanilla marines can have "Locutus" techmarine who leads band of murderer sevritors but can't fix a broken straw, "Mr. Fixit" techmarine that fixes things as good as DA one but sucks in close combat and "Mr. Balanced" with a mixed combat / repair retinue, which is always worse in repairs then DA one, but equal or better in close combat. Overlly, I thnk DA come out of it better unless you want use servitors to kill people with powerfists... but that's Deathwing's job.

victorpofa
26-04-2007, 23:45
I hope when they eventually update the Space Wolves that the Iron Priest's Thralls are as useful as the DA servitors.