PDA

View Full Version : Haha...saw this on craigslist.org

NakedFisherman
27-04-2007, 06:13
Retail Game Shop

Reply to: krandall@BareInternational.com (krandall@BareInternational.com?subject=Retail%20G ame%20Shop)
Date: 2007-04-24, 3:30PM EDT

Do you like gaming?

I have an evaluation project for a gaming store in your region. In order to perform this evaluation you must be a male between the ages of 18-29.

You will visit a store and pretend to be a new interested customer. A staff member needs to assist you and show you how to play with glue and paint and introduce you into the hobby. You will have to buy some games and products (e.g. glue, painting and miniatures) of your choice. You need to purchase so you can evaluate the service offered by the staff. You wil also evaluate the location itself. Then fill out an online survey. You will have to return the item(s) back to the store within 3 days after your visit and you will get your money back.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Also if you are interested in performing this or other evalutations please sign up with www.BareInternational.com

Best regards,

Keishia Randall
Bare International
krandall@bareinternational.com

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: $40

PostingID: 317999127

Apparently GW is using secret shoppers for its Natick Mall location.

The Dude
27-04-2007, 06:52
I love it how they specify guys. They should chuck a couple of chicks in there and see what sort of feedback they get. The sort of behaviour I've witnessed when a chick younger than 35 enters a store is just strange :eyebrows:

I also love your new avatar NakedFisherman. :D

hertz
27-04-2007, 11:49
I love it how they specify guys. They should chuck a couple of chicks in there and see what sort of feedback they get. The sort of behaviour I've witnessed when a chick younger than 35 enters a store is just strange :eyebrows:

I also love your new avatar NakedFisherman. :D

Hmm. I wonder if the one thing you said have anything do do with the other thing you said, (the) Dude! :D

hehe..:p

Are there any indication you left out are that are avoiding me, that its GW who do the survey?

blongbling
27-04-2007, 12:45
gw has been using mystery shoppers for years...nothing new here

sigur
27-04-2007, 13:44
...The sort of behaviour I've witnessed when a chick younger than 35 enters a store is just strange :eyebrows:

Sweaty ignorance at best. It's not excactly a rare thing that some guy brings his 14year old GF along to show her around.

Angelwing
27-04-2007, 14:43
gw has been using mystery shoppers for years...nothing new here

seconded. I served a couple in my time as a redshirt. The local shops used to ring each other up with a warning whenever we had one doing the rounds.

squiggoth
27-04-2007, 20:14
seconded. I served a couple in my time as a redshirt. The local shops used to ring each other up with a warning whenever we had one doing the rounds.

We could always tell who were the "mystery shoppers" as they were the only people who visited our store who didn't speak dutch (Nijmegen only gets tourists one week a year during the Four Day Marches, and is a quiet little uninteresting town during the other 51 weeks, with the only non-dutch who visit Nijmegen during those 51 weeks being the germans who live a few miles away and come here for groceries, but they speak either dutch or german).
Mystery Shoppers also were always dressed up and acting like people who were desperately trying not to look like a wargamer. As if you go to a European Championship soccer match wearing a tuxedo and a kilt and speaking with a Mexican accent in an attempt to look inconspicious and blend in with the crowd.

Normally we tried to sell them stuff that was collecting dust because real customers didn't buy it, like the 5th edition plastic Wood Elves or a Warmaster High Elf starter army. :D

THE KAPPTIN
28-04-2007, 01:26
Pardon my ignorance. Who does a "mystery shopper" work for and what is their purpose?

Templar Ben
28-04-2007, 02:19
Pardon my ignorance. Who does a "mystery shopper" work for and what is their purpose?

This may help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_shopper

It is a way to get a measure of how customer service is. Normally it is outsourced to a market research firm.

THE KAPPTIN
28-04-2007, 03:44
Ah. Now why did I not think of checking Wikipedia? (Mental note -- always check wikipedia. Always.)

I did read something around the start of the year I think (?) about GW doing extensive reevaluation of their customer service and retraining of their staff. I think it was in the newspaper article about the profit warning that we saw a while ago.

blongbling
28-04-2007, 13:02
the UK chain does it on a monthly basis and other gw business on a less regular basis.......