PDA

View Full Version : Who will be theming an army for the nemesis crown?

Rider-Of-Kurnous
28-04-2007, 11:04
I was wondering who would theme an army specificialy for the coming campaign?

Searched this and nobody had made a thread like this.

Corai
28-04-2007, 11:37
I will be usuing my existing themed army, incorporating the campaign into their fluff, rather than creating a bran new army specifically for the campaign.

Thanks
Corai

Mythrider
28-04-2007, 14:10
I`m creating a new army, which is themed and will be finished just in time for Nemesis Crown (assuming I stick to my painting schedule). Dark Elf Corsairs sent by the Witch King himself.

I wasn`t specifically thinking of the campaign when I started but since the timing is good I`ll use the games to create a background story.

Finnigan2004
28-04-2007, 16:00
If I get my new one done on time, then yes. If I don't, then I'll keep using my older army.

Fingol23
28-04-2007, 16:42
My fluff is up in the background section

Hadhfang
28-04-2007, 17:36
my bretonian cusading armywill be finaly finished. Of course they fit the Bret's objective theme perfectly!

Crube
28-04-2007, 17:49
I'm voting no...

Purely because my armies are painted as and when, rather than for a specific event (mainly). I find I get more enjoyment through painting an army because I want to, rather than because i feel i have to...

My Empire will be ready when its ready. In the mean time, my wood elves will continue on the battlefield.

Caligula
28-04-2007, 20:59
Well I suppose I am in a way. I'm in Canada and my area of battle is apparently the Reik Marches...hence my Empire force is from Reikland. It will mostly be themed around an army searching for the Nemesis Crown in the name of the Emperor. So yes, I suppose I will be.

Splagbot
28-04-2007, 22:41
I'm redoing my Bretonnian army, not themed within the campaign, but a theme I have created myself.

Bretagne
28-04-2007, 22:43
im doing beastmen right now. vanilla beastmen with some nurgle minotaurs and spawn.

Revlid
28-04-2007, 22:54
I'm redoing my Ogres, and have tweaked them to be in the Barren Hills. So yes, I am.

Gen.Steiner
28-04-2007, 23:06
See my sig. SOLLAND ERWACHE! :D

brakke_aep
28-04-2007, 23:10
I am repainting my high elves for the Nememis crown at the moment. The theme will be using all the elites like phoenix guard, swordmasters, white lions and dragon princess. Only the bravest and purest of elves can whipe out the master of undead.

Screaming Evil
29-04-2007, 00:38
I'm creating an empire witchhunter force, zealots and fanatics galor. I voted yes because it is kinda themed toward Nemesis even though it stands on its own too. My Arch Lector has gathered together a ragtag force of nutters, sellswords and general wierdos to locate the blasphamus crown and destroy it in the name of Sigma :p

Da Boyzz
29-04-2007, 04:19
Why would you theme your life time army for a one off event?

Does this mean in the next campaing you will basecoat them all and repaint them again? Lol

karnn
29-04-2007, 04:37
i would but i dnt know how to theme my Lizardmen lol, i could use my Orcs army but i like my Lizardmen more

Tsot
29-04-2007, 06:55
I am making a Tzeentch themed army led by a daemon prince/lord who has gone mad with power(dice)

asparagus
29-04-2007, 08:50
I am creating an orcs & goblins force to participate in the local work shop games during the campaign and I have to because I am a member of the warhammer academy:eek: , which was founded to get people interested into the hobby and to help them to get an army ready (to learn how to paint, model, and play) for the campaign.
But I actually did it because I wanted the special dices which I got :D , and now I am waiting for the model of the chaos sorcerer on horse which I will get when I have finished painting two heroes, three core units, two special units, and one rare unit .

Reflex
29-04-2007, 09:42
i am thinking that i will sell my lizardmen and do an empire army. i have almost 2000 points of assembled lizardmen, but they just dont do it for me...

something about the empire that is drawing them to me, maybe its the engineering factor.

C-Coen
29-04-2007, 09:48
No.
The army I'm working on now is a WE force with a background of chasing down a vampire. No time for searching the crown and, more important, the army probably isn't finished when the campaign is finished..
Maybe I can work on and finish it on time to kill loads of treasure hunters.. hmm....

LiberaMe
29-04-2007, 12:03
Well, not specifically for nemesis crown.
but am themeing a tilean blood dragon army. RoR as the special choices and skeletons made up from empire troops and skels.
Doing it cos i wasnt sure which army to start off with in fantasy, really likes some of the DoW models but didnt want to wait for the rules to possibly get cut!

Arhalien
29-04-2007, 12:08
I will be usuing my existing themed army, incorporating the campaign into their fluff, rather than creating a bran new army specifically for the campaign.

Thanks
Corai

Precisely what I'll be doing.

Sabbad
29-04-2007, 12:23
I voted yes, but I'm not sure if I voted correctly.

I'm not starting a new army - I'm adding to an existing one, even though I only had about 700pts of it before. The army wasn't intended to exist just for the Nemesis campaign, but I am planning for them to have a major role in it. But that might be more a matter of bending the Nemesis background to fit my army rather than my army being created to fit the Nemesis background...

Anyway, it's an army of Chaos Knights on the hunt for the Crown and the <CENSORED>, so yeah it is themed for Nemesis. I guess...

Rider-Of-Kurnous
29-04-2007, 13:22
What i meant was who will be Theming (not making a new army) their army for the nemesis crown. e.g. converting a model to represent a character or say using a nechrarch list for vampire counts because the dude in the campaign is a nechrarch. ( i think)

Arhalien
29-04-2007, 13:27
Hmm... I may buy a new mage model for the campaign, but only because I need a new mage model.

I will however be uncluding a veteran regiment of Silver Helms, as part of a thing at my local GW for tha campaign. Lots of Dwarf bits on them and battered shields and armour.

Varath- Lord Impaler
29-04-2007, 16:32
My army is going to have lots of new pieces of fluff written to show whats happening to them on the onset of their second Golden age (yes, my dwarfs have begun re expansion)

Brother Siccarius
29-04-2007, 18:43
I am repainting my high elves for the Nememis crown at the moment. The theme will be using all the elites like phoenix guard, swordmasters, white lions and dragon princess. Only the bravest and purest of elves can whipe out the master of undead.

Master of undead....did I miss something here, I thought we were fighting to get a hold of a crown made by Aleric the Mad?

And yes, I will likely be playing an army somewhat inspired by the events as I am completeing the last 1000 points of my 4000 points of Orcs and Goblins now. You'd be surprised how many 3000 point games I used to play.

Luthien
29-04-2007, 20:57
because i hate high elf spear plastics i probably won't even get a game. damn you GW release high elves faster :cries: :cries:

cinera
29-04-2007, 21:01
well if you count themed as adding alot of orks to my goblin army to make it some what equal, then yes, yes i am.

starlight
29-04-2007, 21:05
I guess if I had any idea what was going on I might consider it, but given my focus on other things....likely not.

Da Ladz will do fine regardless.;)