PDA

View Full Version : FAQs

fenrisbrit
28-04-2007, 12:19
Ok, so its always a lottery starting a new thread in the rumours section but here goes:

What is the collective view on GWs FAQ policy and does anyone have any "concrete" information on it?

For my part I have seen many rumours implied especially in the rules forum that GW have stopped doing FAQs. I put it to a member of staff at the Oxford Street store the other day and he (without saying that he knew 100% to be fair) said he thought the online FAQs had been discontinued. He also speculated with me that they may return to WD.

Does anyone have anything more than my very vague offering? I know that there are a lot of us who use the rules forum who would love to hear if we will ever get clarifications again.

Templar Ben
28-04-2007, 13:22
This should be in general. You are not allowed to go to rumors and just ask a question.

lord_blackfang
28-04-2007, 13:28
Ok, so its always a lottery starting a new thread in the rumours section

And if you had read the sticky, you would know why.

The Wraithlord
28-04-2007, 13:39
I never ceases to amaze me just how many people do this.

fenrisbrit
28-04-2007, 13:45
And if you had read the sticky, you would know why.

Well now here is my confusion:

If you wish do know something then
Check the Rumour Roundup thread first.
Use the Search Function.

This does NOT mean go and ask the same question you would have asked here in 40K general instead, I will take a black view of people who do this.

So my genuine apologies if I have misunderstood but having searched and found nothing and having read the sticky NOT to ask the question in General I went for it. You will forgive me if I feel a little harshly spoken to guys - I will assume no offence was meant.

I am of course still interested to hear of any info on the subject but, at risk of contradicting the second part of the sticky, I am reluctant to move it to the General section myself.

nigelovich
28-04-2007, 14:14
To be fair to fenrisbrit he is providing a rumour as well as asking a question.

Personally I have not heard any rumours about the online FAQs being discontinued, either on this forum or elsewhere. I think it would be a mistake for GW to do that IMHO. If anything I would prefer a more active online rules clarification system. Moving it to White Dwarf would only slow the process of publishing an up-to-date FAQ down even further.