PDA

View Full Version : Inquisition compilation

ferrus
28-04-2007, 12:55
Could all three Codicies feasibly be put into one? That is what GW is hinting they'll do.

fattdex
28-04-2007, 13:03
Sources?......

Charax
28-04-2007, 13:06
Don't
Start
Threads
To
Ask
Questions

It's in the rules.

The Dark One
28-04-2007, 13:10
Don't
Start
Threads
To
Ask
Questions

It's in the rules.

agreed

how are they hinting that is what they'll do

philbrad2
28-04-2007, 13:40
As stipulated please read the stickies before posting in news and rumours. Moving this to 40K GENERAL.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ WarSeer =I= +

Bookwrak
28-04-2007, 14:26
It would really be a kick in the pants if they did, because Witch and Daemonhunters are fairly distinct in composition, Inquisitors and assassins aside, and would not be easily condensed into a whole. However, since there haven't been any rumors saying they would, why worry?

fracas
28-04-2007, 15:05
while i like the idea, they would have to put out at least the same number of codexes, as one for inquisition, one for grey knights, and one for SoB

The Judge
28-04-2007, 16:03
The latest WD has an advert for an Inquisitorial book, but that's not a codex... I dunno if that's where the idea emerged from.

mistformsquirrel
28-04-2007, 16:30
It would really be a kick in the pants if they did, because Witch and Daemonhunters are fairly distinct in composition, Inquisitors and assassins aside, and would not be easily condensed into a whole. However, since there haven't been any rumors saying they would, why worry?

Yeah, that's been my huge worry if they do an 'all in one' Inquisition codex.

In particular, I don't want either list to lose choices - and would strongly prefer Grey Knights (specifically) getting a couple more.

Could they make one massive super-codex? Sure... and maybe it'd work out. But I really really don't want to see either army 'gimped' for it; and I still want to see the Alien Hunters as well >.<

I shouldn't worry I guess - I mean what, Witch Hunters was the last 3rd edition codex from what I remember hearing, right? So it'd be awhile before they redid either book probably; even if they stick them together.

ctsteel
28-04-2007, 16:51
well they re-did Tau for 4th and that was released originally the same time as necrons I believe.

Anything can happen - its up to GW dev team what they release next. I'd love to see an updated inquisition codex, and all three in one could work well since many of the units and wargear are the same or designed to complement each other.

after all if they can cram all the chaos varieties into one book, they can with the inquisition as well.

but I'm not counting on it appearing til 2009 at earliest since chaos is late this year, apocalypse also, and I've recently heard that orks are being pushed back to 2008

mistformsquirrel
28-04-2007, 17:12
well they re-did Tau for 4th and that was released originally the same time as necrons I believe.

Anything can happen - its up to GW dev team what they release next. I'd love to see an updated inquisition codex, and all three in one could work well since many of the units and wargear are the same or designed to complement each other.

after all if they can cram all the chaos varieties into one book, they can with the inquisition as well.

but I'm not counting on it appearing til 2009 at earliest since chaos is late this year, apocalypse also, and I've recently heard that orks are being pushed back to 2008

The troops aren't all that similar.

These are all the unique non-repeating troop-types:

Grey Knights Squad/Teleport Squad
Grey Knight Purgation Squad
Grey Knight Hero
Grey Knight Dreadnought
Grey Knight Terminators
Daemonhosts
Adepta Sororitas Heroine
Priests (Shared... but with IG so I don't think that counts >.>)
Arco-Flaggelants
Celestians
Sisters Repentia
Battle Sisters
Serraphim
Dominions
Retributors
Immolators
Exorcists
Penitent Engines

And the repeats:
Inquisitors (Close enough to be 'shared' at least)
Stormtroopers
Assassins
Inducted Stuff
Orbital Strikes (Not exact repeats though, there is one difference between the two. Still, close enough)

---

They might fit it all in one book - but if they do, I worry about losing a few of the less-popular unit choices completely to make room; and I still want to see Grey Knights get a couple more troop choices too; which again, is even more room.

And also loss of fluff... >.< which is, to me, is what /makes/ the Inquisition.

All of this of course assumes Alienhunters will be basically Marines with a few extra options ala Killteams. If they wanna go for something more interesting though >.<;

I guess all I'm saying is I have reservations. Obviously I have no control over it <X_X>; but ya know, it's a thing!

Vet.Sister
29-04-2007, 00:21
well like mistformsquirrel says, I too have reservations. The start of the list would be short with the small bit of overlap the lists have, and then the rest of the book would have to be split into 3 different sections. they could make it like the chaos codex, but would you want it that way?

Hmmmm. Probably not.....

onodera
29-04-2007, 14:21
I'll try to make an educated guess and say that GK and SoB are going to be severely cut down.
We'll probably see one Elites GK choice, one Elites Dethwatch Kill Team, one Troops SoB choice, one Troops SM choice. Maybe an IG choice.
All the rest will be Inquisition.
Inq Lords, Inquisitors, genericized Assassins, Daemonhosts, IST, Orb Strikes, Inquisitorial LRs, Arcoflags, Priests, Penitents. Fin.

ChrisAsmadi
29-04-2007, 14:25
I hope that they make it into one Mega-Codex, with FOUR sections:

Inquisition - includes Stormtroopers, Inquisitors, Daemonhosts, Assasins, ect.

Grey Knights - duh.

Sisters of Battle - duh.

Deathwatch - duh.

And then make it so one can either have an army composed entirely of one section, or combine two or more.

sigur
29-04-2007, 14:53
Personally, I'm not all against a compiled Codex as it would be a possibility to make Grey Knights single squads again rather than being a whole army (which they shouldn't be in my opinion). Also, it would be a possibility to get rid of the whole idea of the Death Watch.:)