PDA

View Full Version : A Help me pick an army for my Gf; Thread

Melchiah
30-04-2007, 08:18
A new spin on a old thread idea.

I myself am currently working on a DIY chapter using Never Dispair, Turst Your Battle Brothers. And Aspire to Glory and Die Standing.

So what would be a good second army to bring her up on? As i dont want to over loaded her with special rules galore. She has menchened Choas serval times as well as Witchhunters.

Onisuzume
30-04-2007, 10:57
Show her the Sisters of Battle I'd say.
A couple of girls I know think that SoB are cool. (unfortunatly; they're not overly interrested in me :()

Tyranids also seems to be a popular army among girls...

the_dark_sarge
30-04-2007, 10:59
chaos all the way
get her to do slaanesh, girls like them (there pink)

kieran

Slaaneshi Slave
30-04-2007, 11:11
Why would she want an army of naked women?

Kradle
30-04-2007, 11:15
A guy can dream can't he?

thecuckoo
30-04-2007, 11:39
If she's expressed an interest in Witch Hunters, then that is the road to go down. Get some pictures (or better still, the codex) and let her have a browse through the model pages, see if there is anything that grabs her imagination. If so, get her to pick a minature and buy it for her so that she can have a go at painting it.

Best of luck!

fracas
30-04-2007, 12:31
not to be sexist but popular armies for girls are SoB, nids, and CSM, perhaps eldar as well.

but ultimately, let her look through your codexes for these armies, then get her a battle force to start with.

Inquisitor_Pink
30-04-2007, 13:39
http://www.golden-throne.com/comics/20.jpg

It's true girls love the nids, one of my ex's had a nid army.

Surgency
30-04-2007, 13:42
Fortunately, I have a plethora of armies, and so once I teach my wife to play(using either necrons or SM), I'll give her a shot at playing with each army so she can choose which one she likes the most.

Then I'm going to tearfully sell that army off on EBay, as I know I'll never be able to play it again...

Ross
30-04-2007, 13:58
Why would she want an army of naked women?

Ah, I won't let my wife see what you wrote (Yes some do! Shock Horror Gasp)

My wifes first 40k love is orks, then she saw the SoB's ..... and yes they're painted warlock purple!
Since she's keen, show her some pics/codice, but don't inundate her with info, and all things in a relationship, DON'T PUSH HER.

Grod Dammit
30-04-2007, 16:32
If your GF can't figure out what army she's interested in playing, she probably isn't truly interested in the game as you may think, only feigning interest to humor you.

Olith
30-04-2007, 18:03
If your GF can't figure out what army she's interested in playing, she probably isn't truly interested in the game as you may think, only feigning interest to humor you.

Eh it seems that there are alot of male gamers who have no clue what army they really want to play either.

Melchiah
30-04-2007, 20:32
Thats half th reason. The other half is that the whole 40k universe is so over whelming. Basicly her main oppenants would be my maries and Starlight's speedfreaks. I know she lose interest in a MEQ army since everything would be 4+. She would want something interest with flavour, not overwhelmed with rules. I had thought about getting her 500 pts of choas and leave out deamons. I cant remembe if shes shown interest in Nids. And i have yet to intriduce he to Eldar or Tau. I think she might like Eldar. There bright and shiny and lots of toys. What more does a girl need?:D
But her judgement is some what baist, that she shows interest in store armies that are painted up.

exsulis
01-05-2007, 17:45
Try pink, and black Tau.

SAMAS
01-05-2007, 22:56
Armored Company.

What, you forgot that TSOALR comic? :D

Angelwing
01-05-2007, 23:18
Whatever models she likes best. Thats the best way to choose an army.

DigitsDavid
01-05-2007, 23:53
Is she cutting her teeth painting? If so, witchunters are a hard army to paint for a beginer. Chaos can be just as hard tp paint but are also a great army to experiment on.

MadJackMcJack
02-05-2007, 00:42
My wifes first 40k love is orks

Your wife rules!

As to the topic, just show her various pics of the different armies and ask which ones appeal to her best. Hell, just use the army previews in the rule book. Each has a good smattering of models, enough to get a general feel for the army's look. Rules and tactics can come later.

Melchiah
02-05-2007, 01:23
Is she cutting her teeth painting?.

Not such much , as she painted part of a box for zombies and and blister of vamps and witch elves. Her first painted models are sure way better then my first.

starlight
02-05-2007, 01:30
Well at least I have the WH Codex so she can borrow my (sadly) unfinished SoB for some trials. Chaos would be harder unless she uses my Marines to *counts as*, but I still don't have the book.

Melchiah
02-05-2007, 01:33
You know cathy, "count as" would confuse her lol

starlight
02-05-2007, 01:35
<saves screen for future blackmail usage>

:p

At least both flavours of Marines have the same Stats.:p

mistformsquirrel
02-05-2007, 02:30
I recommend just letting her sift through online stuff - pics of people's armies and whatnot; so she can figure out what 'looks fun'. >.> This is from the peanut gallery of course.