PDA

View Full Version : Unbalanced Builds

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
30-04-2007, 13:28
Which builds in your opinion are breaking game balance and thus force people to changing their army to have slim chance of victory(oposed to nearly no chance). My vote goes at:

- Tyranid Monstrous Creatures (with so many T6 W4 2+ save you have to take big amount of ap 1 or ap 2 weapon or you are toasted)

- Eldar Skimmer list (unkillable falcons anyone?)

- Tau Skimmer list (as above)

IMHO points value of tyrants,falcons,carnifexes and harlequins upgrades are too small in many cases (tyranid armour upgrade, holofield, harlequin kiss) and i hope they realise it ...

WoW_Auron
30-04-2007, 13:32
Sorry not to be rude, but all i see this inducing is more whining over things individuals consider to be broken, probably because its stuff they struggle to deal with.

Not the brightest of idea's IMO.

IMHO points value of tyrants,falcons,carnifexes and harlequins upgrades are too small in many cases (tyranid armour upgrade, holofield, harlequin kiss) and i hope they realise it ...

These are exactly the sort of comments that make for unpleasant forum reading. Everything in WH40K can be countered, its usually more a question of who takes what in what sized game IMO. Of course these things are not too cheap. Why would you say such things?

TheWarSmith
30-04-2007, 13:54
This will just lead to a post about people complaining based on their biased or unbiased views, and will not generate any new content. See any number of previous threads regarding this by searching:

cheese, broken, unbalanced, overpowered, minmax, abused, etc.

Curufew
30-04-2007, 14:30
I agreed that the Tyranid Godzilla nid list is "cheesy" depending on what army is use against it.

However, for the Tau mech list, they pay for what they get but the cost of upgrades for the Eldar skimmers should be abit more.

azimaith
30-04-2007, 14:34
Which builds in your opinion are breaking game balance and thus force people to changing their army to have slim chance of victory(oposed to nearly no chance). My vote goes at:

- Tyranid Monstrous Creatures (with so many T6 W4 2+ save you have to take big amount of ap 1 or ap 2 weapon or you are toasted)

Because people don't masses of AP2 weapons now becuase people nearly *never* fight marine armies. *Rolls Eyes*.

- Eldar Skimmer list (unkillable falcons anyone?)

Falcons are annoying, but your going to max out at 3 of them. In the end 3 units taking up 75% of your armies cost right off the bat is going to leave the eldar player rather.. stretched when trying to take you on.

- Tau Skimmer list (as above)

Skimmers lists are problems for orks and tyranids mainly. I have a problem with them in my Nids and Orks armies, but in the scale of hard to kill skimmers, tau are not up there with eldar.

Try *making* an army with all 2+ save tyrants and 3 2+ save carnifexes and see how many points your left with. Try decking out an army of unkillable falcons and getting more than 20 men in your army. (And then surivive them getting OUT of the falcons to do anything).

You are not sharing anything new with the world, we already all know all about lists that are annoying to fight. Perspective is important here. Honestly through, how stupid does everyone think we all are here? Do they think they need to tell us forum imbeciles every 2 posts how they *feel* about armies, or whats unbalanced. Enough is enough, we don't need random people to "educate" us on whats unbalanced and whats not. Eventually I'm hoping the mods just start locking and deleting these threads, at least till we get to a point where they aren't popping up every fortnight.

Onisuzume
30-04-2007, 16:40
Imo; a list is only "cheese" when the opponent's army type(not list) has barely any ways of dealing with it.

Though in some rare cases... it's simply pure cheese regardless of which army you play against. (Infiltrating daemon princes anyone?)

Try *making* an army with all 2+ save tyrants and 3 2+ save carnifexes and see how many points your left with.
At 1500 point battles I'd be left with roughly 700 points.
You happy now?
And it's with enough points left for 3 elite dakkafexes.
Keep in mind, though, that this is pretty minimalistic and optimised for shooting. (2 dakkarants, 1 sniperfex, 2 2+ save dakkafexes and 3 3+ save dakkafexes and 6 ripper bases)