PDA

View Full Version : Why do you play....

Ninners
01-05-2007, 08:09
I was wondering why people play the armies they do. Whether it's modelling, game style, painting or just how they look.

I play Space Marines because of the ability to make different style armies, mechanised, heavy infantry etc. They are also really easy to convert because they are all the same size and shape.

I also play Tau because shooting stuff is fun and battlesuits are nice models and they are good in battles.

What do you play and why?

zendral
01-05-2007, 08:38
Thousand Sons 4ever. The tragic story gripped me as well as the theme/appearence.

Night Lords. Once again, great story, love the way they play. The opposite of the sons play-wise.

Emperors children. boobies...need I say more? :P

LATD. I continue to love the chaos, and I like to see Tzeentch minions other than the sons take some damage. That and it's about the only non 3+ save army I will have.

DIY space marine chapter: cuz customizable and converted space marine armies are fun. It was time I created my own chapter and story. That and sometimes I feel like being one of the "good" guys.

fwacho
01-05-2007, 09:11
I run quite afew armies... the reasons i pick up an army are.

1. I like the way they play. The army has unique playing style, or at least agood twist on a comon one. I run a lot of very fast armies. footslogger are very rare in my armie. (I have one mrine footslogger and 1 IG army that fill those sit and shoot slots)

2. I like the look. (Tau and eldar in particular)

3. The back ground is solid or fun (Necons, orks)

4. Some time I pick ar amry beciase I'm lookgin for somethign specific in nature..
a. Necorns chosen bacuse I needed a simple army to paint after doign a very nice eldar one.
b. I picked up raven wing for a fast very challenging army list and to do an awrd winning paint job (I hope)
c. Space marines traited... needed a list for my friends to use.
d. Orks... I really enjoy converting things and wanted a cheap (money wise)army. (lets say all my vehicle are scratcbuilt excpet a looted leman russ) Liked these so much I made two.
e. Eldar Mech... I wanted a very fast tourney army.
f. Eldar Ranger force... picked it up in third edition for some static goodness for a change.
g. Metal cadians... The look. This is by best job hands down. Imagine 120 plus models painted at least 2 hours each. This army has won me paitning competitions. It came in third for victory points too.
h. Bloodangels... one of my firends needed a hard hitting assault army that didn't die in droves.
i. Tau. I really like their look. and being crushed by them a few times I liked the way they played as well.
j. Space wolves... i got a bunch of free models and started painting them.
k. Ulthwe Strike force... For a painting challenge (lightening scheme) and i absolutely LOVE the way they play. Nothing else like it save a dark eldar webway army.

Kradle
01-05-2007, 10:26
I play Night Lords because of the story mainly. The tragedy of them appealed to me. The way the fight leaves great oportunity for writing fluff and fiction about them. Pretty much the only army in Power armour that I have stuck with for an extended period of time.

Also play Imperial Guard because its fun to have an army of mere humans who will snap under pressure unless some psycho Commissar is pointing a gun at their sergeants head.

Orks because.. they are Orks. Possibly my one true love. Orks are basically my fallback army.. if I get sick of another army orks will always entertain and never bore me. I started them because they are crazy, actually fun to play and awesome to collect.

And Finally.. The Loyal Space Marines. Smurfs and two of my own DIY chapters. Ultra's because.. who doesnt collect ultra's as their first army. And the DIY's because I like the trait customizability (if thats even a word) so I could make a marine army exactly how i wanted. Take the fight to them all the way baby.

Theres my contibution,

Peace

Sir_Turalyon
01-05-2007, 11:06
Guard... Well it''s guard! Normal humans fighting superhuman opponents are appealing to me. And, I always loved how Guardsmen (2nd edition metal ones) look more professional then marines. And collecting opportunities... so many ranges in one army.
Directly, I started guard because I bought and paited a squad of metal Cadians and liked their look so much I decided i want an army of them.

Orks... Again, they are Orks, what other reason do I need? They are race that brought me into 40k/WFB, I had 2nd edition codex just to read years before i started playing 40k. It's surprising it took me so long to start ork army.

Dark Eldar... I just wanted to prove they are good looking models that just need imaginative paint job.

Dark Angels... I blame my brother for buying a Cypher for my guard, for my birthday. It resulted in fallen angels squad, then an unsuccesful fallen angels army (using loyalist models, suffering from having 60 infrantrymen and almost no mechanized support). Now they are all being repainted into loyalist DA 6th company. I the new chaos codex will be more Fallen-friendly I may restart the brokenwing...

Lothar bubonicus
01-05-2007, 11:42
Death Guard - Started almost by accident when a friend gave me a Chaos terminator with one arm. Modelled some tentacles in place of the missing arm and it just cried out NURGLE!.

Eldar - First models I ever collected for 40k. Was attracted by the colourful paint schemes and the Excellent background.

Orks - Love the fluff and the models. Love the way the army plays even with a broken codex. Orks are like a surprise gift, you never know whether you'll get a gold watch or another pair of socks.

Sons of the Damned - these are my DIY marines chapter. loved the LOD colour scheme but never agreed with there being a whole army of these guys. So I pinched the paintjob and created my own fluff.

Salamanders - Wanted to do a by the book chapter, but not one that many people do so I chose sally's. Also because I love the coulour scheme and background.

Onisuzume
01-05-2007, 11:48
Tyranids: because they're totaly alien(pun intended) to the universe.
Because they represent by far the biggest threat to the Imperium so far.
Because I like playing a horde army at occasions.
And because I like the fluff/models. (except for the 3rd edition tyrant...)

Dark Angels: I love their fluff, the models, the rules.
They're secretive yet not afraid to wear dresses. (it are robes darn it!)
And they're space marines; everyone has to have a space marine/MEQ army, right?

Aegius
01-05-2007, 11:58
My space marine army is an ongoing project, I have so many marines now that I can use a different army every game, I like the restrictions imposed by the codex astartes and use those restrictions when I write my list.

I've always loved eldar, so when the new eldar codex came out I collected a 1500pt eldar army. Unfortunately even though I kept it as fluffy as I could I found that the list was a little too 'efficient' so I have stopped using them now..........I may do a guardian force at some point, maybe that will be a challange.

Imperial guard. I love these guys. I like the fact that I have an army where I can lose whole squads and just go 'meh, theres plenty more where they came from.' also, painting in camo is a bit more of a challange than the usual blocky colours of my other 2 armies.

Svenson
01-05-2007, 12:08
Guard: Cos my brother told me to! Then I fell in love.
They got WH allies because I really like all the history about the witch hunts, howto discover demons and all that kinda stuff, though I stay away from the Sisters. Don't like the models or their fluff

guardsmen529
01-05-2007, 12:13
Guard - Facing huge monster, foul xenos, hordes of power armoured traitors and all your other run-of-the-mill-super-hurty-things with nothing more than some eggshell armour, a flashlight and "a bayonet with some guts behind it", how could you resist? ;)

the1stpip
01-05-2007, 12:24
Chaos - Cos I wanted an army that would be fun to convert
Dark Eldar - The first Dark Eldar was a test piece for a new painting style, and I fell in love with them.
Space Marines - Cos I like the models, and wanted a good army.

Darkhorse
01-05-2007, 13:29
Alpha Legion; I wanted an MEQ to get me back in after the switch to 4th ed.
Wasn't going to go Imp, went back to my Space Crusade roots and did dark blue CSM (trust me to pick that can be turned into a horde:rolleyes: ).

Blood Axes; Orks are another race that appeared in SC and one that has intrested me since I got the 2nd ed box set. though they always seemed unpopular. I finally took the plunge at a GorkaMorka sale, and got the freebooter Kaptin from the Skullz promotion. Now much larger it's in the middle of a transition from the Codex Orks list to the Blood Axe list, the Warlord has done a Ghazgkull aquiring mega armour based on a Chaos Obliterator. Aggressive horde, where just about anything goes - I like it!

Imperial Guard; A theme that has run through my forces since 2nd ed.
I had a Genestealer cult which started as a patriarch and purestrains but became progressively more "Imperial" looking untill it was effectively an IG army led by a Magus. There is a definate link with the Guard in my Blood Axes, and they have had an influence on several other armies I've had from time to time; Ultramarines had IG allies (2nd ed), Eldar were guardian based (following the Wai Lam pattern) and Alpha Legion of course had that "normal human" thing about them.
This is effectively my 3rd Guard army;
The 1st (2nd ed.) was an Attillan platoon led by Mogul Kamir supported by 3 hellhounds.
The 2nd Was Mordian/Praetorian supported by 3 Conquerers.
The current force is a mechanised company based on an Epic Armageddon formation.

Slaaneshi Slave
01-05-2007, 13:44
Why are kids always making these threads? Use the search function.

Son of Makuta
01-05-2007, 16:59
I have Tyranids because I saw my mate looking at them on the old GW website. I'd played a bit of LotR (for my shame!) beforehand but I saw these things and I said 'Ye gods (or words to that effect)... what are THEY?'

Two and a half years later: I have 5000 odd points. :D

I play Eldar because they're damn sexy (now how often do you get to say that about a bunch of plastic and metal models?) and because I wanted a second army after a year and a half or so.

I've a future Chaos-Ork-Corrupted Sister army coming up which is based entirely on fluff, mad conversion ideas and stuff I saw on Warseer. It's got a Primarch and everything, after I read about 'em on Wikipedia. Good stuff.

WoW_Auron
01-05-2007, 17:02
I was wondering why people play the armies they do. Whether it's modelling, game style, painting or just how they look.

Well, if you believe hear-say, i play SM because im a kid attracted by the new dumbed-down codex' and i love not having to put any effort into my tacticless games, i play them because i don't have to make tactical chocies ;)

Nah, just kidding. I play Sm because i think im just attracted by the versalite, can cater-for-anything type of armies. My first ever Fantasy army i took seriously was Empire. I love being able to play one day with a shooty army, the next with a combat orientated one.

I think that explains enough.

Eniac
01-05-2007, 17:10
Had pretty much every army over the last 12 years so lets just work with my current Tau and previous Tau experiences.

I play Tau for 3 main reasons:

1: The models are a nice break from the norm. I personally am sick to death of skulls, spikes, gothic bling and archaic weaponry. I also do not like the very contemprary non-sci-fi looking guard regiments (maybe except the vossies) and the Tau look great! Fresh and clean, no cables, no bolts or useless iconography save for their Tau sept symbol. The suits are unklike any other race and are very easy to build and make look good.

2: The fluff of the tau again is fresh and relaxing. I wont go into detail but they ARE the good guys, or at least they are the least downright evil race out there.

3: They play really well, I mean REALLY well. Their jet packs are to me their biggest strength and it adds a whole new element to the game.

Hope that has been of some interest.

Quin 242
01-05-2007, 17:15
I play everything 'cause I get bored. I never run the same list more than twice and I get bogged down using the same army list :)

Ninners
01-05-2007, 17:22
Why are kids always making these threads? Use the search function.

I was just wondering what armies people do...

I'm not looking for ideas...

Some interesting replies, I think zendral's "boobies, must i say more" is the funniest so far :D

bdo
01-05-2007, 17:24
nids: mainly i started nids because i loved the thought of massive swarms of aliens who rip appart and eat everything in their way, a thread which still cant be expressed by story means (oh.. wait.. the nid dex says something about the imperial tarot saying that the nids will bring times as dark as the ones in the brother wars...).

and the fact that i played confrontation before, which had way to few minis in one battle on the table in my opinion - i moved to a nids horde army.. i really like the looks & fluff of this army :)

after that i wanted play something different... a more shooty army than a CC oriented one, and ultramarines seamed very appealing to me because of the good fluff connections with nids, and that they are more or less the total opposite. but now spacemarines got me.. they are no more just a shooty part of the ultramarines - they are just growing in all aspects.

but in the end iīm thinking about starting another army (donīt know which, yet).

....i guess wh40k is addictive :D

Bloodknight
01-05-2007, 17:36
Imperial Guard: I love the background of the Mordian Iron Guard. A few (for Guard standards) stubborn, bad tempered guys in shining dress uniform fight against anarchy and Chaos on their world as well as any other world the Emperor sends them to. Thatīs why I chose to play them, and theyīre good models, too.

Death Guard: of all the Chaos Gods nurgle appeals to me most, as he kills everything but still seems to be a nice guy with a flawed perception. Also I love the spiked helmets and hooves on the 2nd edition models.

Dark Eldar: the way they are pure evil, because they choose to be.
Also, I liked the models when they came out. They had the first posable multipart plastic models in 40K and they also play well if you know how to pull it off.

daladzor
01-05-2007, 17:42
I play my guard, because i feel like i fit in with there background( custom made compnay)
i like having hordes of people, true who cant hit much or hurt much, but just for sheer firepower,
have recently began, a major campaign for my guard,
so the extra fluff for that, ( me vs everyone basically im defending my homeworld)
i cant really explainn exactly, but yu just have to smile when in large point matches 2000+ ( of footslogger guard) and yu tell your opponent to go and get a drink while you set up or while they watch as you place more nd more troops, while htere best units have gone on the field ages ago

vampires are cool!
02-05-2007, 11:50
I play 'zerkers mainly because i've tried tactics and didnt like them.

Griffin
02-05-2007, 13:03
Iyanden - The Tragedy, the whole dead walking ancestors rage thing is what did it for me. No other army even comes close to my beloved Ghostwarriors for Background.

Black Legion - Abaddon was bad ass, Horus was Badass, Magnus and his sons were badass - thus a legion with a combination of both seemed more badass than even chuck norris. I love being the not so nice people.

Tyranids - Gribblies, that eat your face, spray and Pray and Play - quick to make, good looking and the enemies of my eldar, combined with one of the coolest rules ever (without number) and you have a winner.

Imperial Guard - Read "Emperors Finest" to see why the puny humans are some of the bravest people in the imperium (only the eldar are braver).

ORKS - They are Green, **** gasoline and think you got a purty mouth. Whats not to like about these bunch of care free kick ass warriors ?

AlphaLegionMarine
02-05-2007, 13:41
Hmm

I started with IG because I loved tanks, but I did not want to paint a horde of guard infantry.

I then moved to Orks and after painting 25% of my army, I decided I no longer wanted to paint horde armies.

Chaos was slotted next, as I really like the fluff behind Alpha Legion, but I am holding off on buying this army until I see all the changes in the new 'dex.

I'm actually going to start a White Scars army, because I am not used to fast shooty armies, and it would be something new to try.

Quin 242
02-05-2007, 13:43
I play 'zerkers mainly because i've tried tactics and didnt like them.

Classic line.

KITS AND BITS
02-05-2007, 14:46
I play eldar because when you kick someones ass i wanted to look good doing it !
plus i love the beads of sweat that appear on the oppositions forehead when they look at the models on the board and try to work out whats gonna punish them the most

Andhaka Efiel
02-05-2007, 14:52
Sisters all the way! Started playing them beacause no one else did (Back when the third edition rule book was all they had). And then I kept playing them beacause they are AWESOME! They have SM weapons, but they are still normal humies! And their AOFs! Your opponent never knows whats comming! Once, only once, but I took out a squad of Iron Warriors bikers with my squad of 11 sisters. the Chaos general was like "WHAT??? Guardsmen in power armour can do that?!?!?" Priceless! I also like strategising. I like planning and executing strategies, seeing which ones work and which ones don't.

QuixotesGhost
02-05-2007, 15:02
*Opening the 3rd ed. Rulebook for the 1st time*

OMG!

Is that a nun?
In powered armor?
With a Giant Flamethrower?

Luthien
02-05-2007, 15:47
ELDAR FTW :D i love the tragic fluff and the way they are so integral a race whilst they are in their twilight

vampires are cool!
02-05-2007, 17:05
Black Legion - Abaddon was bad ass, Horus was Badass, Magnus and his sons were badass - thus a legion with a combination of both seemed more badass than even chuck norris. I love being the not so nice people.

You take that back, no one is more Bad ass than Chuck!

bluebugs
02-05-2007, 18:28
Nids were my first love because I love armies so far from humans. I wanted an army full of beasts and a swarm at that.

Oh and my Undivided Chaos, I played them because they would be fun to convert, a completely different playing style, and Tyranids made me miss things holding weapons, not things that are weapons.

Oh and my kroot mercinaries, because I love kroot, but would not play their army or the tau.

Vic
02-05-2007, 18:37
Wine and Women!! Though now a-days, it should read "whine" and women.

I play SM cause I like the idea of knights in space, and I am a huge fan of the movie aliens and its use of Space Marines.

I like tau cause they are new and different. Not boxy quasi-goth.

I like DH cause of the coolness of the models and the idead behind the army: fighting demons! Also like them for their use of quasi goth (which to me makes more sense on them than on other armies -go figure).

ankara halla
02-05-2007, 19:21
For the past 15 years I've practically only played and collected Blood Angels.

They were my third 40k army back in ī92 (and hence at the time the best painted...) and once Squats got squashed I lost all faith in other armies apart from marines making it thru the editions so BA's are what I've stuck with over the years. Nowdays I'm too lazy and not nearly interested enough in the hobby, as it is these days, to invest the time and money it would take to collect another force of any size.

Having said that, I do keep up with the time regarding rules and background and all that, but I won't be spending hundreds of euros and hours in any new army. I'm good with what I've got.

Hicks
02-05-2007, 19:32
Steel Legion: Beautifull models and I love to play as the normal humans. Also, I'm the only person I know who plays them.

Daemon Hunters: IG are cool, but they be a bit bland, on the other hand nothing carries more bling than GK termies!

Nids: Got them for cheap, I had to put so much work to rebuild the models that I know absolutely love them.

SM: My newest project, they are meant to test my modelling and painting skills to the limit.

squiggoth
02-05-2007, 20:27
Deffskullz because I play greenskins in just about any gaming system, and
Death Guard because I play Nurgle in just about any gaming system.

I guess it's mainly background and good looks for me. :D

Corrupt
02-05-2007, 22:53
Guard
1) Humans going up against everything with a flashlight and some guts
2) Artillary and Russes
3) I feel for their losses
4) Im a callous general and the Imperial guard triupmhs no matter the cost in lives (Whats that? Take an objective in the centre? Il infiltrate all my infantry onto it. Dont care if they get blwon to pieces by 3 Tau Hammerheads, theres more there than they can kill in 6 turns and Il win ahaha!)
5) Conversion/Painting oppertunities

zrem
03-05-2007, 06:03
Eldar Swordwind - I love how their army works as supporting eachother and working as a whole instead of a bunch of squads. The aspect warriors and vehicles just look so AMAZING. The background is solid, and the rest of the eldar race is so depressing, it's nice to see the Biel-Tan craftworld still very alive, very agressive, and very kicking ass.

dogsbollocks
03-05-2007, 11:47
Lost & the Damned mutant army - initially because I wanted an army where every model was individualised but I started playing with a lot of leaping mutants and found I really enjoyed the games. Normally I'm in combat by turn two and there's very little left on either side by turn six. Not the most effective competition army but really fun to play with.

Kradle
03-05-2007, 12:45
ORKS - They are Green, **** gasoline and think you got a purty mouth.

PLEASE LET ME SIG THAT!!

DarthSte
03-05-2007, 13:42
I generally choose my armies based on the background or the models. Never the rules. If I lost every game I played, I may be a bit disappointed, but I'd be just happy to see the models on the table, doing what they are supposed to do.

Griffin
03-05-2007, 15:05
PLEASE LET ME SIG THAT!!

Sig away if you want lad.

Norse Warrior
03-05-2007, 15:17
Whenever I start an new army, it is more or less based on the modelrange for that race. To me this hobby has a lot to do with the models and I never would be able to spend hours on models I really donīt like. That is not a real problem, since there are so many cool models.

Right now, I am doing Deathwing. I have always wanted to convert a whole army, and Deathwing was an easy way into that. Besides, when the new plastic terminators came out, I thought they were pretty cool to begin with...

I also try to balance my armies out. Shooty armies - close combat armies. I never do two similar armies after eachother. Tau is my 40K pride and joy. I love the models and love the whole idea of high-tech weaklings in huge battlesuits.

Xiphias
03-05-2007, 16:19
I play Chaos because I'm evil and would like to rule the Galaxy one day! :evilgrin:

They are probably the most diverse army and cool for painting & converting, which is what I'm mainly into 40K for!

ash_wednesday
03-05-2007, 16:30
I play the IG maily because they are humans. They are almost the same as an army in real life. THis way I can use real world armies to inspire me for the diverse styles of the IG. Also I always route for the underdogs which the IG are.

Fourth
03-05-2007, 18:07
Alpha Legion and Night Lords: Great background, with (some of) the flexibility of Chaos.

A DIY Chaos chapter that grew out of the background of a campaign from college. Though it began as a "just-for-fun" list, this's been my main army for ages. Slaanesh/undivided, using Black Legion rules.

Tyranids. For reasons of gribbly.

vlorlich
03-05-2007, 18:28
Necron - First and Primary army. I love the fluff and the model range.

Chaos - I love how the models look. I am one of those IW players but only for fun, never tourney. I am planning on collecting 1K Sons cause I love how they look and their story.

Eldar - Will be my next big project.

I have played Tau, just like the shooty mobile side of them. I have played IG, like them but lost them to my wife.

My wife plays...

Sisters of Battle - First and only army. She loves her pink and white chicks. She also have allied IG and Inqisition/Assassins. She can field a pretty large army when she wants to.

Rabid Bunny 666
03-05-2007, 19:32
Space Marines; I like the models, i just think they're the best GW models done IMHO (hides) and i'm currently working on Deathwing, proper GW Gothic style (my army has 8 Cherubs floating around, as well as candles mounted on the Termies armour, robes, the full shebang.

Kriegsherr
03-05-2007, 20:19
Orks for the pure and utter beauty of the minis, for the endless possabilities for conversions, the shocked looks when you use a shooty ork army, and the fun, mobile way a shooty ork army plays itself.

Tau for the cool battlesuits, the fast-paced mobile way they play, and because I like Animes ;)

Chaos because of gothic, rune-encrusted Warriors from another age using ancient weaponry and evil powers, demons formed of pure energy and because of the cool "rebels from Star Wars" Feel Lost and the Damned get in a twisted way.

Blandman
03-05-2007, 21:12
and "a bayonet with some guts behind it", how could you resist? ;)

Just had to say, that film rocks. None can deny it! :p

But yeah. On topic;

I collect Imperial Guard. The backbone of the Imperium. Fighting against unimaginable odds. True Heroes.

I love the sheer amount of possibilities for customization and such. And the fact they're humans. They have character. Not just some plain old copy-and-paste Space Marine :rolleyes:

Duhgame
03-05-2007, 21:20
If it looks cool and can play decently, start an army! -best principle for buying 40k stuff (except when it comes to money :evilgrin:).

Vaktathi
03-05-2007, 22:32
I play Guard because I like their fluff alot, the idea of having tons of tanks, and I love Stormtroopers (the concept behind them), and because Krieg Grenadiers are awesome.

I play Chaos (Iron Warriors) because I like the fluff behind Chaos, the whole ancient and eternally bitter armies waging war through the stars as if they were gods is always cool. I picked IW because I liked the Undivided legions the best (less culty more cynical and bitter) and the IW are fun/easiest to play around with (yes they can be cheesy I suppose, but there are also alot of things you can do with them.)

RusVal
03-05-2007, 23:17
I'm sort of a ultramodern-military buff, so I like the Imperial Guard the best, particularly the Storm Troopers/Grenadiers. I remember someone saying one time "even with all the tanks, aircraft, and advanced military technology, war is about a guy holding a rifle." No other army represents that better than the IG I think.

That, and it gives me an excuse to mash together every idea of what "near future" US forces might become, that I find cool, into the most kick-butt alien/demon/anime-hunting force in the galaxy. :D

Wolfsbane
04-05-2007, 04:13
I play Space Wolves because I am one. I have a hairy chest, broad shoulders, and love to fight.

I also have the same internal temperature of a dog, 99.8.

Nabeshin1106
04-05-2007, 04:22
Tau - they were my first army, I'm a fan of distance based damage inflicting, and I'm into anime.

Death/ravenwing- I like specialists. I don't like tactical marines at all, I find them too bland. If i add anything in power armor, they're gonna be riding a bike, they're gonna have a jump pack, or they're going to be toting lots of heavy weapons.

Nids - I'm a fan of Aliens and Starship Troopers. i think that's sufficient.

various others - whatever catches my fancy

cailus
04-05-2007, 04:45
Armies I play:

ORKS

1. I love the character and background of the Orks - a race that exists purely for war. I used to like the funnier part of Orks but now I prefer their sheer brutality. My Warboss is not a clown - he's a brutal tyrant who rules through a mixture of violence and charisma. The boyz themselves are an endless horde of borderline mindless violence.

2. I was sick of Marine armies so I tried Tau. They were too good so I sold them. Then I went back to my old favourite - da Orks! And I've stuck with them since early 2006. People are always amazed to see an Ork army - they are as rare as hens teeth in my area (in fact I am the only one left).

3. They're the first army I played using 2nd edition starter kit models (all have asince been retired including cardboard cutout Dread) back in 1997. So there's a bit of a nostalgia trip there. I remember the first two grots I painted - they were bad. One was called Cindy Lauper and the other was Des Mungen who was the host of a cult movie night here in Australia.

Space Marines
1. I got sick of Chaos and my brother got sick of Blood Angels so we swapped armies. I then got sick of Blood Angels and turned my guys into a Codex chapter.

2. I still have 1,300 points of Marines so I play them for a change.