PDA

View Full Version : ummmm vampire ?

Ryu_ookami
01-05-2007, 10:56
hi all i just saw this on ebay

Vintage-Citadel-Undead-Tomb-Kings-Vampire-Counts (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Citadel-Undead-Tomb-Kings-Vampire-Counts-OOP-6_W0QQitemZ290111360421QQihZ019QQcategoryZ65253QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

and wondered is this

A. just badly painted

B. just badly modeled

c. just looks like a werewolf/vampire crossbreed

d. All of the above

main reason i'm posting is to have a very tiny rant I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick of people on ebay putting anything even slightly undead down as being suitable for a TK army.

The last time I looked my TK army was not allowed to take vampires, hell we are not even allowed to ally with them due to the hatred we feel for them.

not that I would want it in my army if i wanted vampires i would have collected vampire counts not Tk

*edit by Sylass*
Edited the link cause it was breaking the forum layout.

OrlyggJafnakol
01-05-2007, 11:00
The guy just want to make a sale. If it is in the range of the undead the miniature is likely to be of interest to undead collectors and gamers. The individuals who chose to sell miniatures on eBay may no very little about GW or gaming in general, they just have an item for sale.

I hope your rant has made you feel better.

I wouldn't worry about this sort of thing at all. Thankfully, eBay are not part of the GW business empire.

Ryu_ookami
01-05-2007, 11:17
Thankfully, eBay are not part of the GW business empire.

Yet Ebay are buying everything else up so why not GWS in a few years time :)

(btw i was joking so please no one start slating me for appearing anti-GWS)

the1stpip
01-05-2007, 12:37
I don't know, although the model is quite dated (and an awful colour scheme), I like it.

the1stpip
01-05-2007, 12:37
And considering half the stuff on ebay is in the wrong category...

OrlyggJafnakol
01-05-2007, 13:24
Good point Ryu!

At least with eBay we get a chance to see old models like this from time to time. I think it is charming. EBay is a bit of an online museum, similar to the stuff of legends(joke).

huitzilopochtli
01-05-2007, 14:10
Ok... i love ranting too so this is why i'm joining in,

Firstly i want to rant about how absolutely cool that model is!!! i dont care that it looks a bit old its class!

Secondly, y do ppl put so much stock by fluff!? my friend knows almost the entire history of warhammer and is a pain in the ass when he finds something in the game that doesnt fit with it! The fact that the Vamps nd Tomb kings dont exactly get along has nothing to do with how you field your army! so long as you're playing fair, you can always make up a story to go along with the game!

(a slightly related example would be the dark elf/high elf match up agains the lizzy/VC team. this doesnt make sense in the least but we still agreed to play it!)

Finally i want to point out that the TKs do NOT hate the VCs. Why? because they are all dead and lack psychology!

melgorth
01-05-2007, 14:38
[QUOTE=huitzilopochtli;1518093]
Secondly, y do ppl put so much stock by fluff!? my friend knows almost the entire history of warhammer and is a pain in the ass when he finds something in the game that doesnt fit with it[QUOTE]

I just want to point out that i am not as bad as that but i want to say that the model does look realy, realy good.

Angelwing
01-05-2007, 16:06
I like the model. Needs stripping and repainting though!

Agoz
02-05-2007, 15:30
Are we looking at the same model here? I think its hideous! it has a widows peak, sideburns, a bat head, and huge eyebrows!
but if you were to do a head change it could look good.

Brother Siccarius
02-05-2007, 15:56
Ok... i love ranting too so this is why i'm joining in,

Firstly i want to rant about how absolutely cool that model is!!! i dont care that it looks a bit old its class!

Secondly, y do ppl put so much stock by fluff!? my friend knows almost the entire history of warhammer and is a pain in the ass when he finds something in the game that doesnt fit with it! The fact that the Vamps nd Tomb kings dont exactly get along has nothing to do with how you field your army! so long as you're playing fair, you can always make up a story to go along with the game!

(a slightly related example would be the dark elf/high elf match up agains the lizzy/VC team. this doesnt make sense in the least but we still agreed to play it!)

Finally i want to point out that the TKs do NOT hate the VCs. Why? because they are all dead and lack psychology!

Actually they hate them very much, being undead doesn't mean you don't have psychology (God...just about every single zombie movie in the last 10 years has beaten that dead horse). Especially when you consider that the Tomb Kings themselves are constantly fighting over territory, but if they had no psychology, it wouldn't matter right?

I think the OP was more ticked off at having to wade through the Vampire Counts models to find what he wanted on ebay, and hence the rant about it not being a Tomb Kings model despite it being advertised as such.

He also mentioned not being able to ally with vampire counts, which is quite true from my understanding.

Vattendroppe
02-05-2007, 16:28
I must say that I like the model apart from the head (that is totally awful). But putting it up as TK feels a bit off, however I think it would look really cool with anothear head on it. Then there is of course the pain stripping and repainting to do.

Hadhfang
02-05-2007, 19:07
It would hve no placein a TK army at all. I do think that the model is very well painted up to the head which looks like it has just lost a fight with a make-up bag.

Onisuzume
02-05-2007, 19:33
Can't find the model on Solegends or collecting-citadel-miniatures...
And I don't like the model or the paintjob.

It would hve no placein a TK army at all. I do think that the model is very well painted up to the head which looks like it has just lost a fight with a make-up bag.
Afaik, 5th edition just had "undead" and not "VC" and "TK".

huitzilopochtli
03-05-2007, 15:33
Actually they hate them very much, being undead doesn't mean you don't have psychology (God...just about every single zombie movie in the last 10 years has beaten that dead horse).

He also mentioned not being able to ally with vampire counts, which is quite true from my understanding.

It says in the undead rules that they are immune to psychology. Maybe i'm just making an assumption but i think this means they dont have any. (even the kings themselves, as the taking out of the brain is one of the principal parts of the embalming ritual, altho this does mean the priests who have never died could still have a psychology). And every zombie in the last ten years has been totally awful, just like the ones in the ten years before, and before that, and before that.... so i wouldnt base any argument on how their worlds work.

but what about this not being able to ally? is there actually a rule that says they cant?

black-francis
03-05-2007, 20:24
people on eBay are trying to get rid of stuff, not sell people exactly what they need. But after seeing the miniature, this could be used as a model with the Cloak of the Dunes magic item.

GideonRavenor
03-05-2007, 20:48
Tk and VC can't ally on the alliances chart and they hate each other in the background, due to Nagash resssurecting them.

Not the best of models in my opinion!

Falkman
03-05-2007, 21:01
It says in the undead rules that they are immune to psychology. Maybe i'm just making an assumption but i think this means they dont have any.
Being immune to psychology is not the same as not having any feelings, merely that you do not get afraid.
Flagellants, for example, are immune to psychology, but they sure seem to have a lot of anger going on.

The Tomb Kings do hate Nagash, and by extension, the vampires, since they awoke the kings from their eternal slumber to find out their cities were in ruin and they did not possess the golden, immortal bodies they had been promised, but instead were rotting carcasses.
Reading the TK book might make things clearer ;)