PDA

View Full Version : hirst arts

Ryu_ookami
01-05-2007, 11:15
HI all I'm not sure if this is in the right section but does anyone know of a reasonable alternative to the Hirst Art molds (ones that are reasonable priced) in the U.K.

Llew
01-05-2007, 12:51
I guess it depends on what a "reasonable" is. I haven't used the Hirst Arts molds, but I always thought the price was reasonable. (I find the cost of dental plaster less so, and I don't really want to work in plaster anyways.)

If you're looking to duplicate the architectural look of the Hirst Arts products at a lesser cost, I haven't seen anything that'll do that. If you're just looking for buildings that can look good enough on a table top, WorldWorksGames makes a lot of great print-your-own kits. Some people hate paper buildings though.

THE CHIEF
01-05-2007, 13:26
I haven't seen anything, but I don't think the Hirstarts moulds are unreasonably priced. If you don't want to buy the moulds (which will give you many many blocks) I believe you can get the blocks already cast up from somewhere else...I think there is a link on the Hirstarts homepage.

Ryu_ookami
01-05-2007, 14:00
its not that the hirst art molds are unreasonable priced its that when you take into account the shipping to the uk and then the fact that i've been able to find out if i'm going to be hit by any strange tax by the customs people (which seems to happen a lot when i order stuff from the us) that i thought i would ask if anyone know of a reasonable alternative in the uk

smok
01-05-2007, 15:03
HI all I'm not sure if this is in the right section but does anyone know of a reasonable alternative to the Hirst Art molds (ones that are reasonable priced) in the U.K.

I have bought them directly from Hirst Arts. They tend to take 6-8 days to arrive here in the UK. I have yet to be asked to pay any import duties on any of my HA purchases.
Richard

Bregalad
01-05-2007, 15:20
There is a guy on ebay (UK), who sells all parts for one Hirst building reasonably cheap (much cheaper than buying the mold that is). Just check ebay once in a while.

Ryu_ookami
01-05-2007, 18:53
na thats ok now i know that its not going to take weeks to arrive and that I shouldn't be hit by any strange tax i'll get them direct from hirst :)