PDA

View Full Version : Most Competetive army

Khorne warrior
02-05-2007, 02:17
>>Which army, placed in the hands of equal-abilitied generals do you think is the most competetive (wins the most) and why?

Highborn
02-05-2007, 04:28
Wood Elves can be devastating, but a lot of the Wood Elves' power lies in properly picking your fights, and avoiding unfavourable matchups. I think Wood Elves make more use of terrain as a limiting factor than any other force.

I've seen Slaaneshi Chaos devastate some unprepared generals, with Tittilating Delusions being key in removing vulnerable units from the fight. Vampire Counts and Bretonnians are definitely good armies too, with plenty of solid unit selections. Skaven still hurt badly against armies with limited or no shooting to remove their pesky warmachines.

Finnigan2004
02-05-2007, 05:04
I would have probably gone with wood elves before a couple weeks ago, but I recently played a slaaneshi daemon army with my khorne daemons. The other general was more skilled than me, but the speed of that army will give me nightmares...:cries:.

lokigod
02-05-2007, 05:49
really depends on the board setup

open board little obstacles = slaaanesh demons or khorne calvary or brets or any sad army
lotsa wood = wood elfs
lots of hills and little woods= still wood elves / flying army

Needless to say if I had an army to pick most of the time I would say wood elves. There magic is devestating in the right hands, and 80% of the army skirmishes. The shoot well and have great combat, and speed. There weakness is toughness but easily overcame in the right hands.

stonefox
02-05-2007, 06:02
GW posts lists of tournament outcomes. Army list included. Check the site.

Vattendroppe
02-05-2007, 06:10
There are far to many variables in warhammer to tell what race is most competative. Depends on the list, the style of the player and terrain/board set up.

dodicula
02-05-2007, 07:58
Bretts! 2+ Armour, 16" charge and a ward save is hard to ignore

C-Coen
02-05-2007, 09:50
Wood Elves are indeed very good, but when you get in combat you can easily die. T3, not very much armour.. But well, WE have tree spirits with a 5+ ward and min. T4 and S4, so they should be very good. But I don't think they will easily win from a hordes army. The cheapest ones are 6 times as expensive as a Skaven Slave. And they have no warmachines..
I don't think one army really is the best. They all have good and bad points..

Rider-Of-Kurnous
02-05-2007, 19:31
I have to agree that none are really the best because of the pros and cons, however out of mine and all of my friends armies the wood elves have won the most ( Wood elves, dwarves, orcs and goblins and lizard men)