PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Forgeworld from Battle Bunkers

PierceC
02-05-2007, 14:49
I am not sure where I was or heard this, but I wanted to check if anyone had ever ordered any Forgeworld products from their local Battle Bunker.

Also do Battle Bunkers keep Forgeworld products in stock?

WilhelmRochRedDuke
02-05-2007, 15:15
Supposidly the Maryland Glenn Bournie store does order and stock FW stuff.. (I haven't tried though)

yodasluck
02-05-2007, 15:42
I can confirm that the Battle Bunkers that I've been to that carry and order Forge World stuff are Glen Burnie and Los Angeles. I've picked up stuff from both, but I'd call ahead to see what they have. Events may drive some of their stock low, and the Glen Burnie one wasn't keeping a lot of stock on hand during my visit last Sept. Speaking to the redshirts, there's only 1 or 2 other Battle Bunkers that carry FW. Potentially Chicago and/or Memphis. Speaking to the redshirt in Seattle's Battle Bunker, he said that they would like to carry FW, but they hadn't as of Memorial Day 2006.

TheWarSmith
02-05-2007, 15:45
Pierce,

Are you a US resident?

I live in the Chicago area and our bunker usually has very good FW stock. You pay around 8% sales tax, but that easily beats the shipping you pay from FW.

I've taken orders before for stuff(i.e. I buy/ship, you pay me) for people who want. I only do this domestically though.

HiveFleetEzekial
02-05-2007, 15:56
Add to the list Memphis (which is also FWs warehouse for the states). They carry and order as well (pretty safe bet all BB's do. them being the biggest stores)

thorwa1
02-05-2007, 16:24
Even if they don't have it in stock, you can still order it through them and avoid the shipping costs. I've done this numerous times at the Glen Burnie, Maryland BB

gorgon
02-05-2007, 16:51
Probably a year ago I had a conversation with a redshirt at the Philly Battle Bunker, and he said they could order FW stuff (with a minimum order). I recently called there and they just referred me to the Glen Burnie store. So at some point they must have tried to make FW orderable through the stores, but it's seems to be back to just Glen Burnie and Memphis.

don_mondo
02-05-2007, 16:55
Also, if you're attending one of the Games Days you can order for delivery to the Games Day and pick it up there, also avoiding shipping.

ducki3x
02-05-2007, 17:06
I've ordered a couple of things from the Seattle BB, and it has worked out just fine. For our area, it is cheaper to pay the local tax than the shipping rates (never ever gonna hit the FW free shipping threshold). Also, many US credit cards now charge a fee (1.5-3% IIRC) if you make a purchase that needs to be converted from GBP to USD; buying via the BB is in USD, thus, no fee.

AlexCage
02-05-2007, 18:58
I am working on an entire DKOK army (about halfway to 2000 pts now), in addition to that I'm just a general FW junkie, so naturally I buy a butt-load of resin candy. I get it all from the Chicago Battle Bunker. They RAWK!

chaos0xomega
02-05-2007, 20:28
Just as a note, the Boston Battlebunker does NOT carry Forgeworld stuff. I repeat it does NOT carry FW stuff. I took up a trip up there(Im about 50 miles away from Manhattan, long trip) to visit Boston University and MIT(those bastards, sorry chip on my shoulder), and in the process convinced my parents to let me check out the BB, they were like: "what, we can order FW stuff, I was like yeah, the WD says so anyway." and they were like "no way!" and then the manager came and he was like "no, it pisses me off so much but we dont stuck it, were a battlebunker in name only, really only here to get people to buy stuff, we cant stock".

They were really nice about it and stuff. They tried to get it shipped to me from the Glen Burnie bunker shipping free, but weren't able to... Shame I'm not going to go to college up there, that was a kickass GW store, the only one I've ever felt comfortable in.