PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld delay?

Lavadude360
02-05-2007, 16:26
(mods if this isnt in the proper place please shift it.)

Just ordered some DKOK and was told it would be at least 3 weeks minimum before they got posted. :cries:

is this normal?

I knew about a small delay it says on the site but 3 weeks untill shipped?

thanks ;)

---Lavadude---

Onisuzume
02-05-2007, 16:36
Was it some of the pre-order stuff they had? (E.g. IA5)

jfrazell
02-05-2007, 16:42
My last order was delayed several months. Note due to this poor service it was my last order.

Brother Loki
02-05-2007, 17:31
All Forgeworld stuff is hand cast, so therefore labour intensive, and they only have very few staff to handle telephone orders, web order processing and manufacturing. Those same staff have to work all the shows etc that they go to, and as its now convention season, with different wargames shows and Games days, they're away from base a lot. Everything they do is manual, and so sometimes things get missed. They don't hold a lot of stock, and what they do have tends to be for the shows. This means they tend to have a production backlog.

This situation seems to be getting worse as recent releases like the Death Korps and Aeronautica aircraft have had much higher demand than anticipated. Essentially, they can't make the models fast enough to keep up with demand. It's similar to the problems Privateer had keeping up with Warmachine demand last year. Hopefully, FW should be doing well enough financially that GW will let them take on extra staff to compensate.

Pete

Damore
02-05-2007, 18:21
It might not be their fault. I was at the Atlanta GD and UPS messed up the pre-orders, so they did not get there. They are probably still trying to get those orders fixed and shipped out.

Killgore
02-05-2007, 19:10
i ordered something nearly 3 weeks ago, a 40k firestorm and missile silo

the website does say there will be delays so ya just gotta sit back and wait

Reesraw
07-05-2007, 14:03
i ordered something nearly 3 weeks ago,

Same here :cries: . Has anyone received an order yet?

Onisuzume
07-05-2007, 14:12
I ordered something on 28 or 29 of march and it arived about a month later. (about 30 days later)
Then again, I don't know how long it normally takes them to ship stuff, so... :D

HiveFleetEzekial
07-05-2007, 14:17
Mostly it depends on how far away you are from the local or regional warehouse. Myself, The US warehouse (memphis) is only about 3-4 hours away. While it could be sent and dlivered withen the same day, processing makes it take about 3-4. Further away will take more time. Then they may have some delays. Mail carrier may have a mess up. Or, as sometimes happens, someone didn't notice their order was an 'advanced order only', and wouldn't be shipped till it was actually ready.

Most things, even the big tanks and titans, the warehouses have stocked, atleast I know Memphis should, with the amount of starage they've got. So there shouldn't likely be a need to wait for it to be cast.

Tonberry
07-05-2007, 14:27
I ordered some Renegades about 2 weeks ago, and no responce to emails or answers to phone calls.... *does the unhappy dance*

KITS AND BITS
07-05-2007, 14:34
i am waiting on two super heavy tanks , and its been 4 weeks already , it seriously isnt acceptable , warning people their willbe delays is one thing , but they are running a business and they rely on your orders to be doing what they do .im not saying stop ordering because we all loose out but you should complain to the head guy at gw in writing,letters are alot harder to ignore than a phone call.

IncrediSteve
07-05-2007, 16:07
Forge World has been lightning fast on all of my orders over the last couple of years, but I haven't ordered since just the beginning of the DKOK blitz.

DKOK and AI are insanely popular, FW can only pump out those hand crafted ultra-deluxe models so fast....

Edit: Also, twice, when I've placed GW US and FW orders, less than an hour apart, both times the FW order has beaten the GW one by 2 weeks or more.

The Judge
07-05-2007, 16:15
I'm still waiting for two of my tank commanders, now over a month later. Not happy at all.

infernus31
07-05-2007, 16:26
I went to warhammer world last wednesday and got told that I would have to wait for a month at least before I could get hold of the DKOK Command Squad and a Rough Rider, so I cancelled ordering those models, not prepared to wait that lon g, if I still want them i will wait for the rush to die down, but for the moment I'll spend money on stuff that I can get hold of straight away if possible.

Reesraw
07-05-2007, 16:30
Forge World has been lightning fast on all of my orders over the last couple of years, but I haven't ordered since just the beginning of the DKOK blitz.

DKOK and AI are insanely popular, FW can only pump out those hand crafted ultra-deluxe models so fast....

My orders have always been delivered fast as well (5-7 days), but at the moment FW seems to be busy with different events, as announced on their website. DKOK stuff cannot be the reason for the delay, because I didn't even order any.

Onisuzume
07-05-2007, 16:38
Mostly it depends on how far away you are from the local or regional warehouse. Myself, The US warehouse (memphis) is only about 3-4 hours away. While it could be sent and dlivered withen the same day, processing makes it take about 3-4. Further away will take more time. Then they may have some delays. Mail carrier may have a mess up. Or, as sometimes happens, someone didn't notice their order was an 'advanced order only', and wouldn't be shipped till it was actually ready.
Well, since I'm outside the uk in europe I usually have to wait a couple of weeks I guess. (my GW bitz order beat my FW order(IA4 and 2 dreadnought arms) by only a week)

And I see a recurring character flaw in this thread; lack of patience.

Mr Zephy
07-05-2007, 17:01
Yeah, if you're /that/ worried, why not use proxies?

FarseerUshanti
07-05-2007, 20:28
It depends on a variety of factors really. If you live outside the U.K., a lot of delays are caused by shipping because it takes time to ship overseas. Then there is also the possibility that the items will be held up in customs for inspection of some sort. This is followed by shipping the stuff from customs to the house. If you live inside the U.K., it is mainly becuase of production problems with DKoK, demand has been so high that any models they make are being shipped driectly to people from warehouses. I have found the best bet is to wait until august/september before making orders from forgeworld unless oyu are planning to pick items up ata Games Day

HiveFleetEzekial
07-05-2007, 23:03
Should amend that to "inside/outside the UK or the US"

There's atleast one warehouse they ship stuff for the states from (see posts above), I'm only 4H away from it. Also, all my FW stuff sofar has been postmarked from there.

Slaaneshi Slave
07-05-2007, 23:12
So I shouldn't put much hope into getting my FW order from last monday anytime soon? :p I don't think its anything particularly popular (a SoB Exorcist, spaced Rhino armour, SoB doors and hatches, a Comd Culln (Red Scorpian Terminator Comd), Inquisitor Solomen Lok, and a Tech Servator). Anything there look like it could cause delays?

HiveFleetEzekial
07-05-2007, 23:43
The RS guy, maybe. There's been a big pre-heresy buz for a while lately, and I've seen plenty of people mentioning using him as a base (that Mk of armored torso..)

Axel
07-05-2007, 23:47
I ordered some ten days ago, and got the first part of my order within four days - the Death Riders and - of course - the book were not included.

I remember that I had to wait for three weeks for a delivery when I ordered my Armageddon Basilisk, though. It seems that unless you take Express delivery they wait until all parts are cast, which can take a while at the moment. Anyway, I rather wait then get a worse quality due to hasty casting...

Lord Cook
08-05-2007, 01:00
My (admittadly limited) experience with FW in the past has been nothing but positive. Once the DKoK and Aeronautica buzz dies down they can start to work through the backlog and get back on track.

FarseerUshanti
08-05-2007, 02:13
Should amend that to "inside/outside the UK or the US"

There's atleast one warehouse they ship stuff for the states from (see posts above), I'm only 4H away from it. Also, all my FW stuff sofar has been postmarked from there.

The problem is that warehouse either has extremely limited quantities of items, or only ships to close to the warehouse. I'm only about 5 hours from the Memphis warehouse. My GW orders that come from there take at max3-4 days, while all Forge Wordl orders I have made have a return address of England. My orders have also almost lawyas taken approximately two- three weeks from the day I ordered the items

HiveFleetEzekial
08-05-2007, 04:19
Dunno.. maybe it's just whoever 'handles' the order on a given day. The Memphis warehouse is pretty dang big. They shouldn't ever have a major shortage problem (unless tonnes of people order up exactly the same thing, in a ver short amount of time).

DoctorTom
08-05-2007, 04:37
Do you still order through the main (British) FW site to get them to ship from Memphis, or do you call the Memphis bunker to see if they can handle it directly? I've been a little hesitant over doing the international order, but do want to get Aeronautica Imperialis and the 2006 IA Update, and am probably around the same distance from the Memphis site as you

HiveFleetEzekial
08-05-2007, 05:04
I've only ever ordered from online (and the UK site is the only one online to get FW stuff from. atleast *from* FW).

Onisuzume
08-05-2007, 10:39
I ordered some ten days ago, and got the first part of my order within four days - the Death Riders and - of course - the book were not included.
Let me guess; the book happened to be IA5?
If so; FW has something to quote on that;

THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW AND WILL BE DESPATCHED WEEK COMMENCING THE 21ST OF MAY.

Slaaneshi Slave
08-05-2007, 10:44
That is why he said "of course".

KITS AND BITS
08-05-2007, 11:29
Well, since I'm outside the uk in europe I usually have to wait a couple of weeks I guess. (my GW bitz order beat my FW order(IA4 and 2 dreadnought arms) by only a week)

And I see a recurring character flaw in this thread; lack of patience.

whats lack of patience got to do with anything ? they are part of a huge PLC
and should be providing better service for the customer , they charge a lot of cash for the models , they charge a stupid amount for postage , and most of all they made the decision to produce the models in the way that they do and they manage the facility and people that produce the models .

its not rocket science , if demand is up and you need to fulfil orders then you hire some people , if times are hard and orders drop you loose some people .

im sure the share holders wouldnt be happy to hear that customers are waiting weeks for orders which will effect their dividend and investment and im sure they will have alot less patience than you or i

Eniac
08-05-2007, 11:33
Damn, does this mean I am going to be waiting months for my xv89?

FW were generally pretty decent with shipping orders but I can appreciate who and what they are and why it can be hard. But if they cannot stand the heat, they should get the hell out of the kitchen. If they are unable to ship orders in a reasonable amount of time they should stop taking them.

75hastings69
08-05-2007, 11:37
FW are usually pretty good, but you have to remember they are super busy attending all the GD and events that are on at the minute. I'm sure normal service will resume soon.

Axel
08-05-2007, 11:56
they charge a stupid amount for postage ,

Actually 15% is far from stupid. Many companies take a flat fee of ~30€ for oversea posting.

For low orders (around 10) the shipping is ridiculously low for oversea. Only for higher sums it starts to hurt, but once you exceed 150 bp, you can go for 250 and gain free express shipping.

Remember that "first class airmail" can take two to three weeks to arrive, and when they state that they currently need 5-7 days to ship (which other company ever warned its customers before that they would delay shipping) you can expect to wait three to four weeks. If you don`t like it, pay for express shipping or just wait until the note (for delayed shipping) vanishes.

Ethan Hunt
08-05-2007, 12:06
Just like happened to me with IA3.
I ordered it on April, 19th, so 19 days as of today. I'm waiting. Only thing i can do. :) They are pretty busy, but they couldn't hire more people for the ordering departament?
If FW grew too much, i think it's time to give work to more people, i dunno.
So i also ordered IA5 and the poster, and they will be sent from May 21st en avant, so who will bet that IA3-5-poster arrives at the same time? :evilgrin: [dice0]

Lyinar
08-05-2007, 12:38
Yep, there ARE Games Days happening on a roughly weekly basis right now, and they have to both send people whom they have to take away from their normal jobs (either processing orders or making models), and to divert supplies of models to the events themselves.

Thus, I don't have a problem with waiting a bit to start Aeronautica Imperialis... Gives me more time to finish my 40k Eldar army. :D

KITS AND BITS
08-05-2007, 13:21
Actually 15% is far from stupid. Many companies take a flat fee of ~30 for oversea posting.

For low orders (around 10) the shipping is ridiculously low for oversea. Only for higher sums it starts to hurt, but once you exceed 150 bp, you can go for 250 and gain free express shipping.

Remember that "first class airmail" can take two to three weeks to arrive, and when they state that they currently need 5-7 days to ship (which other company ever warned its customers before that they would delay shipping) you can expect to wait three to four weeks. If you don`t like it, pay for express shipping or just wait until the note (for delayed shipping) vanishes.

i live in the uk , so why does it cost me 12% ? trust me i work for an international distribution company and i have a very successful ebay shop selling this stuff all over the world and they are ripping everyone off with postage .

Axel
08-05-2007, 16:25
I am not among these "everyone".

I see what postage is on my orders, and its a long time that I paid what it cost to them (even excluding package). Admittedly I either order a small lot, usually shortly after its release (never above 50) or I wait to order for 250 once (or twice) per year. They usually send out these bigger orders in several lots at Express, at considerable cost.

Anyway, just assume the stuff is 12% more expensive then actually listed. There is no NEED for anyone to buy at FW. The 15 (or 12) % postage is only a small part in what makes them expensive...

firestorm40k
08-05-2007, 16:30
I'm still waiting for part of an order I made on March 17th. I ordered some AI stuff (Arvus & Hell Talons, which I've received), but I'm still waiting on a tank commander miniature and two packs of AI Hell Blades.

I rang up just before I moved to France to change the shipping address, they still had it on order as a 'back-order' - I'm still waiting; I'll let it get to that two month mark then I'll hassle 'em again. If there's a bocklog though, I realise I'll have to wait.

dave is the best
08-05-2007, 16:42
Most of the FW staff are of in America doing Games Day and they are understaffed already.

DAve

Ethan Hunt
09-05-2007, 18:53
Well, i have to say that i received my FW order, today, 20 exact days since i ordered.
Like they say on the catalogue, wait 20 days for delivery. This time, they accomplished.
Weird, i received two catalogues within the order parcel... now i have three of them... :p

Binky
16-05-2007, 08:35
Received my DKOK Death Riders yesterday (or at least, they're waiting for me at the post office) so that's pretty much two weeks from release to their arrival, slightly longer than my last order which took just under two weeks. Not a horrendous wait but definitely still longer than their usual delivery times which have tended to be about 3-4 days after release for new stuff and within the week for older stuff in my experience.

Put in an Express Shipping order yesterday so will be interested to see how long that takes, are there still shows going on or have we got out of the busy patch now?

Oh, and I'm in the UK by the way.

edit - Oh and out of interest, do FW notify you of shipping and give you a tracking number for Express Delivery items in the UK, or is it just like their usual system where you hear nothing at all until the parcel turns up?

rev
16-05-2007, 08:49
imo, they shouldnt be out promoting their products at games day until they're able to deal with the customer requirements they already have.

Slaaneshi Slave
16-05-2007, 09:57
My FW order arrived today, two weeks after I put it in. Not as fast as usual, but still aceptable.

Axel
16-05-2007, 15:08
imo, they shouldnt be out promoting their products at games day until they're able to deal with the customer requirements they already have.

Showing up at Games Days is very likely part of their connection with GW, and not entirely optional. The FW stand is usually one of the better attractions on a Games day.

Cypher
17-05-2007, 03:51
Nearly three weeks to Australia for me, but someone at customs decided to take a peek and make sure I wasnt importing anything illegal. So two weeks and change, really no worse than ordering around xmas.

Binky
19-05-2007, 09:16
Well, that was a suprise (though wish it could have been a suprise that happened later in the day) the Express Delivery order that I placed on Wednesday turned up today, so FW are obviously able to get some things out of the door pretty quickly at the moment. It was all stuff that had been out for a month or two though so could have been that they had it all cast up and just needed to pack it. Or they read my comment on here, put two and two together and got it out the door quickly so I'd say nice things :D

Sadly missing a sprue of detail pieces from the Grenadier Centaur but I'm sure they'll sort that out pretty quick when I give them a call. Are they anything like GW Mail Order when it comes to mistakes? Wondering if I should expect a Manta turning up as an apology ;)

Now off to the post office to pick up the other FW parcel that's waiting for me, I think I may need help...