PDA

View Full Version : the Battle Company challenge

Dawn of the Dogs
03-05-2007, 15:00
only read about this in the Oz WD today. looks like every GW store in the country is going to put together a full company of marines. it looks like theyre not holding back either. talking to the manager of my local store today, they picked to do the Dark Angels 4th company and he said hes looking to do at least 10, 10 man squads plus transports for them.

it looks like they are really getting ready for when apocalypse finally comes out.

VanHel
03-05-2007, 16:13
*Rumages through his stuff* I've almost got a Battle Company sitting here. Maybe I should paint them.

asmodan
03-05-2007, 16:16
hopefully I don't need a complet guard regiment. I need a bigger house for that....

shutupSHUTUP!!!
03-05-2007, 16:16
Every store in one country or every store in every country? If they did this worldwide they could blow over 90,000 of retail price on marines by my estimates!

lord_blackfang
03-05-2007, 16:17
I seem to be just a little short of two companies...

(and the sad thing is, SM are one of my least favorite armies)

Dawn of the Dogs
04-05-2007, 02:08
Every store in one country or every store in every country? If they did this worldwide they could blow over 90,000 of retail price on marines by my estimates!

as far as i know, only Oz is doing this. so every store in just one country. i started this thread because i wanted to know if any other country is also doing this.

ehlijen
04-05-2007, 02:52
I heard this too. Apparantly the plan is rumoured to be that regurlars playing at the stores assemble the models and paint them in between games. Whether that's true or not, I assume they will probably end up using out of date boxes/blisters and the stores bit box (which at least at the brisbane city shop is substantial), ie stuff they won't be selling anymore anyway. At least majorly.

Dawn of the Dogs
04-05-2007, 03:15
I heard this too. Apparantly the plan is rumoured to be that regurlars playing at the stores assemble the models and paint them in between games. Whether that's true or not, I assume they will probably end up using out of date boxes/blisters and the stores bit box (which at least at the brisbane city shop is substantial), ie stuff they won't be selling anymore anyway. At least majorly.

that is indeed the plan. customers can help by putting together stuff in store. theyre actually letting me take stuff home to put together. ive already bagged a landraider, and being considered for a ravenwing squadron.
no out of date stuff though. apparently, fresh boxes are being shipped out to the stores from the UK.

Onisuzume
04-05-2007, 16:55
A single company for a single store isn't that much work afaik. Depending on the amount of detail being done ofcourse.

6 Tactical Squads(one will serve as command squad I guess), 2 assault squads, 2 devastator squads, a captain, a chaplain, an apothecary, standard bearer and a company champion.

I seem to be just a little short of two companies...
I got roughly 1 company myself, save the assault marines. (can almost field 6 tactical squads and 2 devastator Squads, and I got roughly of the 1st company as well, but than again, that ain't a battle company)