PDA

View Full Version : GW/US Survey about Website/Online Store

scwolf
03-05-2007, 20:44
GW US recently posted a link to a survey about their Website and Online Store:

Survey (http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=692975)

It wasn't particularly long, and doesn't ask for your email address or any other contact information, so you won't be inviting spam if you fill it out.

If you've ever wished you could send some feedback to GW, this is a good chance.

For example, on the question about what the website isn't doing well, I shared my feelings on how they handle the FAQs.

The Song of Spears
03-05-2007, 21:04
I just took it, and i must say they have improved much on their sites navigation (US site) int he past 6 months.

Steeple_jackuk
03-05-2007, 21:20
Well I am from the uk but I think the same things are true for both sites so I went ahead and did it anyway, any chance to GW that I like their games but their prices and web site need a shift.

Sj

abomination
03-05-2007, 22:04
Good find.

I let them know what I think whilst managing to restrain the scathing criticism... It would surely be nice if they gave this survey serious consideration.

scwolf
04-05-2007, 02:24
I just took it, and i must say they have improved much on their sites navigation (US site) int he past 6 months.

My comment for the "What do you like about the website" question was something to that effect too.

And I know they'll be throwing out my answer for "What would you like to see on the website" because I told them free codex PDF downloads like the GW Japan website has. Like that'll ever happen in English.

chaos0xomega
04-05-2007, 02:41
LOL, I demanded better Black Gobbo and White Dwarf coverage, and more articles.

TheKiiier
04-05-2007, 03:12
I said they should really work on the faqs and the army builder software packages they put out.

Good find.

Not really as it's right there on the front page but stll...

greenmtvince
04-05-2007, 13:26
LOL, I demanded better Black Gobbo and White Dwarf coverage, and more articles.

I mentioned something of the same. My chief complaint was that Black Gobbo was just a showcase of the month's new releases. I suggested that they return to the early issues of Black Gobbo where you had a variety of content from new scenarios, cool conversions, and showcases of armies that weren't released in the past 6 months.

Slaaneshi Slave
04-05-2007, 15:33
I asked for a more comprehensive online store. Many of the items available through the store are not on the main pages, you have to search for them manually (most of the SoB veteran figures, for example).

ctsteel
04-05-2007, 15:54
and better/larger pictures of all the models and components in the online store too! I *hate* trying to squint at the bare metal images, small as they are, then click on them to 'enlarge' only to find the second image is even smaller! makes it hard to see the detail to determine which bits to buy for a conversion

Altair
04-05-2007, 16:57
Wanted a more comprehensive online store (for bitz ordering) and of course savings when you buy bundle deals. Seems you only save money these days on battleforces.

At least GW took the time to actually put up a decent survey on their site.

Zazz
04-05-2007, 17:52
I mentioned something of the same. My chief complaint was that Black Gobbo was just a showcase of the month's new releases. I suggested that they return to the early issues of Black Gobbo where you had a variety of content from new scenarios, cool conversions, and showcases of armies that weren't released in the past 6 months.

that's what i said as well. mainly because i play tyranids and they haven't had a new article in a year or so :eyebrows:

The Song of Spears
04-05-2007, 19:38
Yup, i put my wish list up there too, similar as yours...
better pictures
better search engine
more hobby tutorials (paint tutorials, conversion tutorials, terrain tutorials, etc)
more game expansion stuff (kill teams, combat patrol, campaign missions etc. stuff so i can get the most out of each game and each army)

but over all it has been improving, with the eldar jetbike HQ conversions, the how to paint eldar tutorials and the posting of rules of engagement online, but some of it is downright hard to find. I even talked to a GW employee who never knew the RoE were online :P

The Laughing God
04-05-2007, 19:55
The question was what could they do better, I wrote

I think that they need more articles on different armies, such as Dark Eldar, nothing has been updated on their part of the website for a long time.

vlorlich
04-05-2007, 19:59
My comment for the "What do you like about the website" question was something to that effect too.

And I know they'll be throwing out my answer for "What would you like to see on the website" because I told them free codex PDF downloads like the GW Japan website has. Like that'll ever happen in English.

Free Codex downloads in PDF in Japan???????

t-tauri
04-05-2007, 20:01
Moved to other GW as it's not 40k specific.

Vic
05-05-2007, 01:13
I commented on nice layout, easily navigatable, but it's become more of an online catalog. Also, lack of a discount has dissuaded me from buying direct again. Hey, they need honest input...

scwolf
05-05-2007, 02:46
Free Codex downloads in PDF in Japan???????

Yeah. For example, here is GW Japan's webpage for Dark Angel Resources (http://jp.games-workshop.com/resources/wh40k/darkangels.htm). The different sections of the latest codex have been divided up into easy-to-download PDFs, accessible by clicking through the Japanese version of GW's universal "Resource Download Terms of Use" agreement. Only catch is that you have to be able to read Japanese to be able to use them for gaming.

Also, for those of you out there who use GW UK, it appears that the same survey link appears on that website as well.

Bael
05-05-2007, 19:31
Just did the survey. I was very surprised that they missed off "Other online store" from the places where you buy GW product.

Crube
08-05-2007, 09:43
S'True

here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/) (scroll down a short way - it's on the right hand side )is a link to take you through to a survey hosted by GW, that asks questions about what you think about the website, the webstore, and how you make your purchases.

Maybe if enough people mention high prices as a reason not to buy from GW, they might just listen

(hey I can dream right :))

Voltaire
08-05-2007, 09:50
"The requested survey could not be found"

Yup, thats exactly the survey I was expecting from GW with anything relating to my opinion...

...I do know of this survey I just can't seem to find it.

Hellebore
08-05-2007, 09:54
Type in "GW survey" into google: it is the first link.

That being said, they don't really ask questions that enable you to deride high prices - they just want to know what you think of the website, how often you use it etc.

Hellebore

Crube
08-05-2007, 09:57
True, but they do givce you the option of sayiing why you dont use their webstore....

Trythis link (http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/) to the GW news page. Should work, and its a short way down on the righht hand side...

Voltaire
08-05-2007, 10:15
I just completed the survey. It was a bit half hearted if you ask me.

Jedi152
08-05-2007, 10:18
Done. Didn't say anything about pricing, just that i never bother to use the online store.

starlight
08-05-2007, 10:18
I just completed the survey. It was a bit half hearted if you ask me.

Truer words are seldom spoken.:D

OrlyggJafnakol
08-05-2007, 10:27
I filled it in. Was honest, felt that the questions could have been better, but I suppose it all depends on what the purpose of the survey actually is.

Darnok
08-05-2007, 10:30
I filled it in. Was honest, felt that the questions could have been better, but I suppose it all depends on what the purpose of the survey actually is.

Same with me.

Isn't that the same survey that showed up some days ago? I rmember a thread about it...

t-tauri
08-05-2007, 10:49
Already here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82445). Please look for an existing thread before starting a new one. Threads merged.

Jedi152
08-05-2007, 11:06
I don't like being hopelessly negative, but the cynic inside me is still saying that they'll ditch all the ones with negative comments and use the ones with good comments as excuses to give themselves bonuses and much backslapping.

fwacho
08-05-2007, 11:42
just took the survey... it was amied at two major things..
1. improving onine store.
2. what on-line resources are we hoping to get from them.

I mentioned usefulness of warpgate and how it might be made more convienient, a desire for some expanded rankings systems and stat keeping. oh and improved info of what in kits with picutres (thos have been missing altogether lately)

3. yes.. and other online store was not a choice. theya re proabbly about to redo the web site and decide what they want to keep and focus their efforts on... I here becasue they closed down their message board.

OrlyggJafnakol
08-05-2007, 11:49
fwacho- I agree with your point about more details about kits and sprues. I just checked out some ork and goblins plastics on the online store. Lovely bit pictures of the sprues, don't know if the sprue size is the same on all box sets but it is certainly the way to go.

Bob5000
08-05-2007, 22:30
I get "This Survey has been deactivated by the owner." so missed my chance

Crazy Harborc
09-05-2007, 02:30
One way to attempt to control "who" gets a chance to respond is to have the survey available for a limited time.

I did it. I was surprised that is was there. I won't say it was rigged. I will say it seemed.......organized;)

Scionscion
09-05-2007, 08:38
For crying out loud - you guys take the biscuit!

You bitch and moan about GW never listening to you or ever asking your opinions and when they do ask you for feedback all you can do is bitch and moan!

Why oh why would they seek to 'control' who feeds back Carzy Harborc? It's not like this is an election poll for someone seeking public office!

Sheesh! Warseer - more like Moanseer!

Darnok
09-05-2007, 09:54
You bitch and moan about GW never listening to you or ever asking your opinions and when they do ask you for feedback all you can do is bitch and moan!

Actually the most people in this thread - while not being what you can call "enthusiastic" - mentioned the usefulness of a survey like that one, and/or that they did it honestly and/or more constructive ideas that came up. Not what I would call "bitching"...

Btw, as the survey seems to be shut down or over, can't this thread be closed?

philbrad2
09-05-2007, 22:42
If the survey is done and there is no other comment to make on this thread then it will die a natural death.

And yes, I did take the opportunity to complete the survey.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ WarSeer Mod Team +