PDA

View Full Version : a question about terminator pads and deathwatch!?

thelightbringer
03-05-2007, 20:54
The deathwatch termie pad goes on the same shoulder as the crux terminalis!!so my question is!What is the correct pad layout for termie pads who are in the deathwatch???? Hope it makes sense

sigur
03-05-2007, 21:22
I'm afraid it does not (I'm not that much into DW though). Maybe you could clean up your posting a bit? All those exclamation marks and question marks while containing no capital letters or proper punctuation makes it a bit of an exhausting read.

Strikerkc
03-05-2007, 21:33
It's up to you man. You can put any symbol you chose on any shoulder. So you can put a death watch pad on any shoulder you want. It would be mostly up to the individual troopers how he displayed his service awards.

RavenMorpheus
03-05-2007, 21:42
The deathwatch termie pad goes on the same shoulder as the crux terminalis!!so my question is!What is the correct pad layout for termie pads who are in the deathwatch???? Hope it makes sense

Wouldn't they follow the same layout as the normal DW marines - left DW pad and right ordinary pad iirc, or possible the other way round?

Grimtuff
03-05-2007, 22:02
Wouldn't they follow the same layout as the normal DW marines - left DW pad and right ordinary pad iirc, or possible the other way round?

But then you have no (somewhat sacred) Crux Terminatus. If you put it on the right, you've no chapter badge....

shabbadoo
03-05-2007, 22:03
The Deatwatch shoulder pad goes on the left, the right being left blank for the marine's chapter symbol. In effect, the Deathwatch shoulder pad replaces the Crux Terminatus shoulder pad. It is the standard configuration.

Railgunner
03-05-2007, 22:05
But do the Deathwatch have terminators? And would a Space Marine keep the Deathwatch colours when he is elevated to the first company and permitted to wear terminator armour?

RG

Grimtuff
03-05-2007, 22:14
The Deatwatch shoulder pad goes on the left, the right being left blank for the marine's chapter symbol. In effect, the Deathwatch shoulder pad replaces the Crux Terminatus shoulder pad. It is the standard configuration.

I say again, the CT is a bloody sacred artefact containing shards of the Emperor's armour, so remove such an item from a suit of Terminator armour would be tantermount to heresy by some SM chapters.

RavenMorpheus
03-05-2007, 22:17
I say again, the CT is a bloody sacred artefact containing shards of the Emperor's armour, so remove such an item from a suit of Terminator armour would be tantermount to heresy by some SM chapters.

Well use the CT on one shoulder, the DW on the other and put the chapter marking somewhere else then?

Onisuzume
03-05-2007, 22:24
Deathwatch marines *must* wear their deathwatch shoulder pads, so that can't get scraped.

And afaik; the chapter badge is more sacred than the crux terminatus.
So they'd just ditch it. Or wear it as a necklace or something.

Rumours I tell ya, rumours.

Lothar bubonicus
03-05-2007, 22:28
Are you sure he is not getting confused between Deathwatch and Deathwing?

Grimtuff
03-05-2007, 22:29
Are you sure he is not getting confused between Deathwatch and Deathwing?

Who is exactly?

thelightbringer
04-05-2007, 17:07
Still confusion!! yes the Crux terminalis is sacred and it has to go on the left shoulder!!however I hant seen a picture of a terminator with a deathwatch shoulder pad, which also goes on the left side!!so which is more important!! my thoughts were left shoulder CT, right shoulder deathwatch and chapter icon on the leg perhaps!!its just I want to know does the fluff contradict this? The deathwatch shoulder pad comes with the termie box!

Lothar bubonicus
04-05-2007, 19:03
Who is exactly?

The guy who started the thread

Stranger
04-05-2007, 20:12
Still confusion!! yes the Crux terminalis is sacred and it has to go on the left shoulder!!however I hant seen a picture of a terminator with a deathwatch shoulder pad, which also goes on the left side!!so which is more important!!
I'd say the DW pad. It sure does replace the crux higher-ranking marines used to have before joining the DW (think DW captains and librarians), and even forces the sacred chapter badge to be moved to the other side.

thelightbringer
04-05-2007, 21:38
So then!! deathwatch and move crux terminalis!!and have chapter icon elsewhere!!perhaps on the shoulder shield or greave? would you agree?

shabbadoo
04-05-2007, 23:23
The Deathwatch has all of its own armor and equipment supplied by the Inquisition. They just take the marine, not him an all of his chapter's equipment too. There is no Crux Terminatus to be removed in the first place- it's a Deathwatch shoulder pad to begin with because the armor is supplied by, and is the property of, the Inquisition. As a mark of pride/distinction, the other shoulder pad bears the marine's home chapter heraldry.

ctsteel
05-05-2007, 00:13
and the crux terminatus could always be shown elsewhere on the armour, eg being the one of the terminator sergeant models who has it on his kneepad

Barney the Lurker
05-05-2007, 00:29
The Deathwatch has all of its own armor and equipment supplied by the Inquisition. They just take the marine, not him an all of his chapter's equipment too.

I'm not too sure you're right on that, I thought the marines came with their own armour. The fluff has them repainting it black, except for their chapter badge

marv335
05-05-2007, 00:36
IIRC only the Sgt has a fragment of the emperors armour in the crux terminatus.

etham
05-05-2007, 03:33
i would presume that the death watch shoulder pad is sufficient and there is no need for the CT. Look at librarians and chaplains. They have an altered left shoulder pad with no, or a modified, ct.

RexTalon
05-05-2007, 03:58
Why can't the fragment of holy armour be moved to the new shoulder pad? I think there would be some sort of compromise here.
Also, wasn't there an older model (Yes, I know we're talking about the new ones) that had some sort of crux on the leg armour? I'm an IG player so I don't know the old termies that well.

ctsteel
05-05-2007, 04:02
they still do -
http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/miniature-gallery/14/#assaultterminators

the sergeants leg has it, as well as his shoulder pad, shield, the knees of the other marines too....

somehow i don't think after 10,000 years, they have *that* many fragments of the emperors armour lying around

thelightbringer
05-05-2007, 08:35
Is there any pix with the deathwatch shoulder pad on a termie?

Onisuzume
05-05-2007, 11:49
Is there any pix with the deathwatch shoulder pad on a termie?
Afaik, the Deathwatch shoulder pads (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947010132254&orignav=9) don't fit on terminator arms.

ctsteel
05-05-2007, 14:48
there is a single terminator size deathwatch shoulder pad, in the terminator box set

Railgunner
05-05-2007, 14:58
IIRC thats just an Inquisition shoulder pad...its similar to a Deathwatch one but not the same.

RG

Onisuzume
05-05-2007, 15:46
IIRC thats just an Inquisition shoulder pad...its similar to a Deathwatch one but not the same.

RG
I agree on that notion.
Space Marines and Chaos Marines also look similiar, but that doesn't make them the same.

Slyde
05-05-2007, 16:06
Here is one of my deathwatch terminators. The crux can go anywhere for a terminator btw. It doesnt have to be on their shoulder, it just usually is.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/EmoryDelt/XenoLog/DSC01104.jpg

Onisuzume
05-05-2007, 18:06
Here is one of my deathwatch terminators. The crux can go anywhere for a terminator btw. It doesnt have to be on their shoulder, it just usually is.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/EmoryDelt/XenoLog/DSC01104.jpg

Nice illegal loadout you got there.
The article states that an independant character, hq selection, veteran or tactical squad can be upgraded and that the upgraded member must be armed with a bolter or a combi-weapon with a bolter component.

So you might want to rip-off the assault cannon and give him a combi-bolter instead. That way you can use him legally as a character.