PDA

View Full Version : Question to those with the dwarf army book.

Forse
03-05-2007, 21:35
In the section about master engineers, the text says that they are first and foremost a warrior. Why does it say that? They know how to fight, sure, but their main job is to do engineery stuff.

Also, can dwarven engineers use the reroll rune when firing a bolt thrower, for example?

larabic
03-05-2007, 21:49
Every Dwarf is a warrior first and foremost to be able to defend the hold. And no you cannot use the rune to reroll a bolt thrower shot because he doesnt actually fire it (so they say) he just aims it and lets his crew pull the trigger apparently.

Forse
03-05-2007, 21:52
Ah, ok thanks.

But all dwarfs don't practice combat training more than anything else, right? I mean his profession is firstly an engineer, isn't it?

WarbossKurgan
03-05-2007, 21:58
Military engineering. Not civil engineering, or something. I guess. :eyebrows:

Wargamejunkie
03-05-2007, 23:22
Actually from what I understand they can do both. The example I am thinking of is in the Grudgebearer book when the build a brewery.

larabic
04-05-2007, 00:08
A brewery would be considered a military instillation for the Dwarves i think

Crazy Harborc
04-05-2007, 01:16
A brewery would be considered a military instillation for the Dwarves i think

Oh yeah, oh yeah.....THAT is very true.

Gee, I guess that means myself and most of my opponents are dwarves. We, we, we.....don't operate a brewery....we just test taste the stuff. I know, I know,,,,,it only takes one sip to test it. But, but....it's a bad thing to waste the rest of the bottle after the taste test:D

Have an engineer model (or two) ready to plop into a roster. Don't forget the values of Runesmiths.

snurl
04-05-2007, 05:39
Yes, and the rest of the case just looks wrong with one bottle missing, so.....

Khornies & milk
04-05-2007, 22:50
And of course you can't taste test or sip a keg.
On the Engineer, what model do you use as an ordinary Engineer. Scratch build one, or use the ME mini?

cheers

Grudge Bearor
05-05-2007, 08:52
well the dwarf enginer is better than any other enginer duhhh so he be classified as a warrior because he is so good at what he dose he knows every thing so he should know some combat moves as well TO PROTECT THE WAR MACHIEN!!!!