PDA

View Full Version : Looking around-Imperial Guard

Desert thunder
05-05-2007, 06:47
Trying to find a anti-infantry vehicle that can hold itself against anti-armour tanks :)

Steel Fist
05-05-2007, 06:56
Demolisher would seem to fit the bill, good armour and demolisher cannon.
Then there is the one with the twin autocannon turret, whos name i have just blanked from my mind.

Either one should make infantry have a bad day.

daladzor
05-05-2007, 07:13
the autocannon turret is the exterminator
as with hold up against , you could be lucky or unlucky with dice, however msot leman russ varients are good

ehlijen
05-05-2007, 07:45
The demolisher is about as resilient as the guard can get short of superheavies. The exterminator is the most cost effective anti infantry tank, though, and almost as resilient as the demolisher. It's just a little less side and rear armour, but a lot cheaper. Apart from russes, chimaeras with maxed out guns or hellhounds aren't too shabby in number of shots.

ancient_conflict
05-05-2007, 09:09
the anialator from the fw death korps ranges has a twin linked lascannon plus (i think) up to 3 more lascannons (2x sponsons plus one in the hull)

Eniac
05-05-2007, 09:22
Another vote for the Demolisher. Its hard as nails. Plus it is by far the meanest looking IG tank imo. :)

Slaaneshi Slave
05-05-2007, 09:50
Exorcist, its not a pure anti-infantry tank, but can take anything down (D6 Str8 AP1 shots a turn), and has AV13 on the front. Not too shabby.

Axel
05-05-2007, 10:17
The Exorcist, while available as allied WH, is not exactly a IG vehicle. I think that the support section is certainly not the one where Guard needs some aid. In a guard force I would rather field a couple of Lascannons and a Leman Russ then an Exorcist.

Commissar Vaughn
05-05-2007, 10:19
But, and I think this is an important point, Its not a Gaurd tank:D And its heavy support so I doubt its available as allies from Witch Hunters.

For cheapness, firepower and all round good armour, you cant beat the Exterminator. With Heavy Flamers.

Bunnahabhain
05-05-2007, 11:43
Another voice for the exterminator. Wonderful tank, and reasonably cheap. The Hell-Hound is a close second though..

Give it 3 heavy bolters and a heavy stubber , and you have 14 shots at 36". The autocannons mean it can handle skimmers as well.

Cirenivel
05-05-2007, 14:25
The demolisher is by far the best. however, the standard russ is better VS. hordes, due to longer range and armour that is decent all round.

Cirenivel

Captain Micha
05-05-2007, 14:27
demolisher or a chimera...

I think the chimera's might be more luck related than anything else though

Feor
05-05-2007, 15:34
MEQ anti-infantry, Demolisher. Nothing like a S10 pie plate to splater some space marines.

Horde Anti-Infantry, Hellhound. I love the smell of roasted Ork in the morning, smells like... burnt cat, bleh.

Baneboss
05-05-2007, 15:50
Griffon because most of the time he will be behind terrain.

I dont like Demolisher. For me it has not enough range.

pwrgmrguard
05-05-2007, 18:31
Demolisher makes terminators run for the hills...that or dare i suggest it a Basalisk!!! WHile it cannot win a fistfight with a standard tank, the indirect and better than battle cannon template lets it be effective against almost anything.

Still another vote for the demolisher...Megahard tank...especially with plasma cannons.

Desert thunder
05-05-2007, 21:17
Are there any that cost less points im not saying the demolisher isnt worth it but im just asking if there are any that have about the same power but are less points

Cirenivel
05-05-2007, 21:28
Not the same firepower, no. That wouldn't ne right, eh? But you can get alot of shots on a chimera or exterminatro, bur then you'll lose the pie-plate, and that's a pretty big loss if you ask me. But you could always try the standard leman russ, marginally cheaper, longer range, a tad bit weaker shot and weaker side and rear armour

Cirenivel

ChaosTicket
05-05-2007, 21:29
Took you guys long enough. The Basilisk is the infantry/anti tank vehicle. With Lucky rolesand planning it can easily take anything short of a Land Raider by hitting it's rear armor with a close shot.

Demolishers aren't anti infantry. The just don't have enough shots. a Leman Russ with 3 heavy bolters has a Battle cannon for heavy infantry and vehicles. A Demolisher has more power, but considerably less range, and much less likly to have anti infantry weapons, instead you'll (almost) always have plasma cannons.

Sir_Turalyon
05-05-2007, 22:30
Exterminator for resilent, pure infrantry killing power. Demolisher for very resilent, overkill-firepower tank which can lose most of it's firepower with single "weapon destroyed" result.

Stella Cadente
05-05-2007, 22:33
Trying to find a anti-infantry vehicle that can hold itself against anti-armour tanks :)

Leman russ Vanquisher, has the ordnave to kill infantry, and the Vanquisher anti-tank shells for tanks

ChaosTicket
05-05-2007, 23:01
I think the only way you can have Vanquishers now is to use the Armored Company list in Chapter approved

Even then it was just a Leman Russ with 24 more inches to it's battle cannon range and a At tanks shell for 35points.

2 Leman Russ Battle Tanks or 3 Basilisks Mobile Artillery Tanks?