PDA

View Full Version : C'Tan here I come!!!!

Voodoo Boyz
06-05-2007, 05:55
Well I finally owned up and did what I've wanted to for a while. I just bit the bullet and purchased a decent Necron army off eBay! :D

The paint job looked pretty good, and although it'll take a little work on my part to touch them up to where I'd like, it should go very easy for me to finish, leaving me to concentrate on building/painting up my Dwarf army for Fantasy.

I wanted an alternate army for 40k since I've been so frustrated with the Orks lately that I've decided they can Waaagh amongst themselves in a little corner of my basement while they wait for their new codex. Untill then I can use Necrons as an alternate army for my Marines (who started out as an alternative to playing Orks who I started the game with).

I've already played a few games with my friends Necron army and I do like their playstyle (I love reliability) and despite a lot of people calling them boring, I think their army style is great. They're not anywhere near so much about what you take as they are about exactly how you use them for each mission. Which is the opposite of my Ork armies who were very one sided in the ways they could be built successfully - due to their either limited mobility as foot sloggers or their super fragility as KoS.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting the army and touching it up to be my own and then hitting the tables with it. The only down side is that I'm going to be stuck away on buisness when they arrive and thus it'll be a good week and a half before I can get to work on them, let alone field them for some fun.

Still I can't help but be excited about getting the army. :D

osickx
06-05-2007, 08:19
LOL, well good luck with it. :@)

ss_cherubael
06-05-2007, 08:45
whatever floats your boat mate!
Im not a huge fan of the walking tin cans but i can see why people like them alot. Yeah they are fething reliable and the distinct lack of war gear is a bonus as you just cram more warriors onto the table which is always a plus for crons.
And yeah its a new army, you have every right to be happy about getting them! good luck

ancient_conflict
06-05-2007, 10:58
whatever floats your boat mate!
Im not a huge fan of the walking tin cans

out of curiostiy do you play dwarfs at all???

Lastie
06-05-2007, 12:07
Excellent news! Glad to hear you're excited - I always am when starting a new army. The new possibilities and the chance to do something different is half the excitement (not sure what the other half is). Post pics of the models when you paint them!!

Tensor
06-05-2007, 19:10
Welcome to the collective.

Necrons are for from boring they are just different. People who think they are boring just have no imagination. The none necron players perceptions of how they play means you can really screw with peoples minds :)