PDA

View Full Version : Lost and the damned- cannon fodder and artillery

CELS
19-05-2007, 17:21
I've been struggling to put together a good 3000 point Lost and the Damned army for Epic Armageddon lately, and I was hoping someone could help me out. I want to create a Traitor Guard army, similar to the typical Traitor Guard armies seen in the Gaunt's Ghosts novels. In other words, lots of infantry and lots of artillery. However, I'm not sure if this army is going to be effective or fun to play.

Here's what I had in mind;

Formation 1
Arch Heretic, Cultists - 200 points

Formation 2
4 x Basilisk - 325 points

Formation 3
Demagogue, Cultists, 6 Chimera transports, Daemonic pact - 375 points

Formation 4
2 x Traitor Thunderbolt - 150 points

Formation 5
Demagogue, Cultists, 6 Chimera transports, Daemonic pact - 375 points

Formation 6
2 x Traitor Thunderbolt - 150 points

Formation 7
Aspiring Chaos Champion, Cultists, 4 x Fire Support - 300 points

Formation 8
4 x Traitor Basilisk - 325 points

Formation 9
Aspiring Chaos Champion, Cultists (+1 extra) - 215 points

Formation 10
4 x Traitor Basilisk - 325 points

Demon pool
8 x Lesser daemon - 160 points
1 x Greater daemon - 100 points

Now, I didn't really have a plan on what I wanted the army to do before I started designing it, but because it's going to have such huge amounts of infantry and artillery, I guess it just comes down to trying to achieve Defend the Flag and They Shall Not Pass, while sending forward my mechanised formations to prevent my enemy from controlling his own objectives.
My opponent plays Tau with very little Firewarriors and lots of tanks and battlesuits, so I guess I won't be able to do too much damage to him, but I'm gambling that he won't be able to wipe out all my cannon fodder.

Is it crazy enough to work? :evilgrin:

StugMeister
19-05-2007, 22:09
I play Siegemasters and my opponent find it very difficul to wipe out all of my infantry.

To be honest infantry are one of the best units in Epic - being able to make use of cover is really useful when the artillery starts pounding.

CELS
19-05-2007, 22:49
Thanks for the reply. Mind you though, that Chaos cultists are even worse than regular Guardsmen. I guess I'll just have to make sure they have enough cover. So you think I'll be alright, even though I won't be able to do much damage? I mean, the thunderbolts and basilisks are just good for making the enemy keep their head down.

Oh, and when I double with my basilisks, do they receive a -1 penalty to their total Barrage Points?

mark_logue
20-05-2007, 12:41
-1 penalty to their total Barrage Points?

They still have the same number of barrage points. When you look up their AT and AP value on the barrage table they get a minus one to each of the roles.

CELS
20-05-2007, 20:52
Oh, ok, thanks.

Still hoping for some more feedback in regards to the armylist though. *crosses fingers*

StugMeister
22-05-2007, 20:04
Oh, ok, thanks.

Still hoping for some more feedback in regards to the armylist though. *crosses fingers*

I'd love to give you some feedback sir but I'm not too familiar with the L&tD list.

From my Epic experience, the list looks fun to play but may find it difficult versus titans and gargants.