PDA

View Full Version : Way Out West - Vulture Creek

DigitsDavid
19-05-2007, 22:51
I've put these pictures at the request of Ross of Vulture Creek to show how a few foam boards, sheets of balsa and a selection of resin windows (from TM Terrain) can be easily turned into ramshackle buildings. Most buildings can be built in an evening (& painted the next!) with the exception of those with feather boarding (that takes two).

I've also stuck up a picuture of a WIP (that despite what I've said about speed, has been sat unfinished for six months!).

This will be a very large ranch house (which is why I lost interest!) but you can see how it's constructed.

1st build your basic shape with foam board. Use card for the roof.

2nd glue on windows (or make your own.

3rd Glue in any beams or large wood items

4th Stick your balsa planks on along with roof sheets/tyles ( simple cut card)

5th Spray black and paint.

Ross
19-05-2007, 23:05
Can't tell you how much I appreciate this Dave!!

I love the cattle :)

Are they (buildings) all open like the WIP?

DigitsDavid
19-05-2007, 23:17
No. The undertakers/woodyard in the middle has a yard as does the barn.

The cattle ranch is made with a central play area because the model is so god damned big!

Ross
19-05-2007, 23:31
Ahhh I see, I was (still bloody am) having trouble just making multistory ruins that are accesable to paint and play that are open and "realistic."

ha ha, and my non terrain making friend bitches that I don't have many 'open' buildings! It's a hard road!

shartmatau
20-05-2007, 15:27
Thats an awesome looking town! I just started playing LOTOW and my brother is making our first building, a huge saloon to have brawls in. Cheers on a great board.

howie
21-05-2007, 19:16
that looks fantastic! soon i shall be creating my own board and i shall me taking loads of influences off of yours;)

howie, peace out

snurl
08-12-2009, 07:40
There's a company called Kibri over in model railroad land that makes some great western building kits in HO scale. The doors are a bit small for 25-28mm but the buildings themselves are just the right size to bulk out a town, check them out.