PDA

View Full Version : Norse team redux

Dawn of the Dogs
21-05-2007, 03:34
yesterday, i managed to aquire not 1, but 2 complete BB sets, with all the accessories intact, but no models, which is fine, because i alreay have a team. with this, and updated rules, i though now would be a good time to update my team and get back into the game.

heres my current lineup, tell me what you think.

7 linemen
2 throwers
2 runners
1 berzerker
1 ulfwerener

4 fan factor
3 re-rolls

1 mil exactly

the biggest change for this team is the ommission of the team minotaur (which in retrospect is a good thing cos all he ever did was knock himself out), and the addition of the ulfwerener.

Deng Ham
21-05-2007, 08:41
You don't need 2 throwers. Basicly they shal stay behind and controll the ball. And there is no big risk that they get injured and thus miss the next game. It is better to get another beserker or ulfwerener.

As for models I have used the basic humans as runners, throwers, linemen and beserker. The ulfwerener is warhammer mauroders. and the snow troll I used a oger kingdom yeeti

Dawn of the Dogs
21-05-2007, 16:17
You don't need 2 throwers. Basicly they shal stay behind and controll the ball. And there is no big risk that they get injured and thus miss the next game. It is better to get another beserker or ulfwerener.

As for models I have used the basic humans as runners, throwers, linemen and beserker. The ulfwerener is warhammer mauroders. and the snow troll I used a oger kingdom yeeti

good advice. i never considered that before.

Deng Ham
21-05-2007, 16:20
remember that the norse is hard. Atleast early in a league. Becouse all have block. And your best players are the runners. With there dauntless skill. They can take down tross and the like with only one assist.

Aslo having the beserkers Gives you a good cahnce at making a gap in the defens line.

Warsmith Strader
31-05-2007, 20:09
Ulfwereners out of marauders.... WTF? never heard that one before...

Need more details....plz!

Since my norse team is made from Marauders, with two werewolves from another game system(only in local non GW store leagues). haven't used the snowtroll.

Deng Ham
31-05-2007, 20:26
Images on this link
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86422
I did not make the ulfverenen as wolfs. Tho they gaot more nasty then the rest of the team.

You shoud think of getting the snow troll (not in the original line up). As it is one powerfull blocker. Knocks a hole in almost any line of defence.

Warsmith Strader
02-06-2007, 15:37
Images on this link
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86422
I did not make the ulfverenen as wolfs. Tho they gaot more nasty then the rest of the team.

You shoud think of getting the snow troll (not in the original line up). As it is one powerfull blocker. Knocks a hole in almost any line of defence.

So not fully transformed werebeast yet.... okay cool idea! but I have a question why did you use the Empire plastic team for the rest of the team... and those colors...... Turn them down, its too loud!:p

I would have done that but used the rest of the marauders as the team, with the ulfwereners with the capes to represent the change.

Deng Ham
02-06-2007, 15:42
I know it's not a viking themed norse team. I wanted to make them human, so that I coud use them as a human team as well. I figured that the snow bases and the ice blue woud make them enough norse to fitt.

As for the colors. It's fantesy football. And choosing a realy bright team color fitt with the show-off I want for the team.

Warsmith Strader
02-06-2007, 15:56
I know it's not a viking themed norse team. I wanted to make them human, so that I coud use them as a human team as well. I figured that the snow bases and the ice blue woud make them enough norse to fitt.

As for the colors. It's fantesy football. And choosing a realy bright team color fitt with the show-off I want for the team.

Well at least you didn't call them- the Vikings or some other NFL team nickname.

Mine is going to be called- the Vargrmen!

Dawn of the Dogs
04-06-2007, 13:28
Well at least you didn't call them- the Vikings or some other NFL team nickname.

... urge to change team name rising...

anyhow, let me introduce you to the boys:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/578789/

as you can see, i am going for the viking themed norse team.

and i am currently working on a fully transformed ulfwerener for my team.

Warsmith Strader
04-06-2007, 15:30
... urge to change team name rising...

anyhow, let me introduce you to the boys:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/578789/

as you can see, i am going for the viking themed norse team.

and i am currently working on a fully transformed ulfwerener for my team.

So what are the two fully armoured chaos warriors supposed to represent?

Deng Ham
04-06-2007, 15:38
my guess is that they are blitzers.

My I tip you on drilling a shallow but wide hole in the hands of the mauroders. Just to make it look like a closed hand, and not a choped off weapon.

Daredhnu
04-06-2007, 16:19
or use some green stuff to model gauntlets :p

Dawn of the Dogs
05-06-2007, 01:05
yep, the armoured players are my blitzers/berzerkers.

good tip with the drilling though, ill hafta give that a go sometime.

Deng Ham
05-06-2007, 10:03
Unless you have painted more than you had on the pics you posted. I'd say it's okay to do the drilling now. As you have not done any highlighting on the hands it's quick to cover.

Dawn of the Dogs
06-06-2007, 15:40
my interpretation of an ulfwerener:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/587961/

name pending

Deng Ham
06-06-2007, 16:11
That is one sweet ulfwerenen.
Keep us updated on your work.