PDA

View Full Version : Opponents skills

Lorquas
22-05-2007, 13:27
Hi

When playing do people freely share what skills their models have?!?! Is there any guidance on this?

For example if blocking an opponents player should you ask if someone near him has guard, should your oppoent tell you asap or do you find out just before you roll the dice?!?!?

I don't recall reading any guidance on this.

My worry is that if you are allowed to ask what skills your opponents players have (ie. from SPPs) then as teams get more developed you could spend ages double checking!

Not being able to ask would make the game a lot harder but more challenging. I guess mutations would always be shown on a model...

Your thoughts and opinions please

Thanks

Lorquas

Deng Ham
22-05-2007, 13:45
I always tell what skills and stats my players have.
It's good sprots to do so. But I don't know if it's the right way to play it.

Gres
22-05-2007, 13:55
Ideally you should have full sight of your opponents team sheet and the players should be clearly numbered and should also prompt your opponent when a skill could come into play - ie "You do know that guy has guard... still want to make the block?". BB shouldn't be about springing things on people.

Lorquas
22-05-2007, 14:47
Yes I like the idea of having your team sheets easily accessible. In our league we keep them all on a central database so I might even suggest when you print your updated sheet off for a game to simply print 2 and give one to your opponent.

My only reservation about the open and honest approach is that it can mean that certain skills will become less usefull (shadowing, tackle). As soon as your oppoenent knows that his catcher has to go past a player with these skills he might choose a different route.

Thanks for your opinions

:-)

Lorquas

Gres
22-05-2007, 15:12
My only reservation about the open and honest approach is that it can mean that certain skills will become less usefull (shadowing, tackle). As soon as your oppoenent knows that his catcher has to go past a player with these skills he might choose a different route.

I would argue that the strength of a skill like shadowing/tackle/diving tackle is in forcing your opponent to choose another route rather than the actual use of the skill itself. The playing skill in BB is using the skills properly or working around them.

the1stpip
28-05-2007, 09:39
With regards to guard and such like, my opponents say they are making the block, I tell them i I have any skills that could affect it (block, guard, ect), then they have the option of making the block, or re-thinking things.

Ask, that if you make the block, is it one dice or two dice you/he picks. They then should tell you what skills he has that will affect it.