PDA

View Full Version : The Warseer Warzone South Thread

th0r
10-06-2007, 02:00
Well this tournament is starting off with a bang as the two top TR ranked teams go at it, my undead and RawM's humans. On paper it looks like a good match, with my undead having a great record (haven't been scored on in 4 games) and the humans having some good players (the catchers). I think it may come down to what handicap I get, but we shall see.

Despite being the lower tier of teams in the league, I think this looks pretty promising as there are a lot of good teams who are 1-2 skills away from having an awesome team. With the wood elves and dark elves it seems like if they get healthy they will be a strong contender... and oh yeah hold on, theres a skilled dwarf and orc team in the mix too!

PS. don't vote for your own team

tenpole
10-06-2007, 08:54
Yay maybe we get started at last.

Lardidar
10-06-2007, 11:17
Yay,

Someone voted me, I'm well chuffed :)

I look forward to getting stuck in.

It was a toss up between th0r's undead and Raw Messiah's humans for me. I plumped for the humans but I think it will be a very close thing.

LordSnotball
10-06-2007, 11:46
Interesting poll...

I voted for th0r's undead, coz th0r's one helluva coach and he has built the team very well... once that 2nd mummy gets block we'll all suffer...

My second choice would be for Searchonomicon's dwarves, coz well, the dwarves are gonna have an advantage over the elves and humans, but im sure that th0r will slaughter them for us...

3rd would be them hummies, but well, too many casualties building up on that team so i doubt it right now, only time will show

My general prediction is that by the end of this round, the dwarves and undead will have 180-200TR

RawMessiah
12-06-2007, 05:13
I don't like all the pressure put on me... :)

tenpole
12-06-2007, 18:02
Tenpole orcs are playing Snotties Dark elves on Wednesday evening. Expect the orcs to win and the Dark elf team to get decimated.

LordSnotball
13-06-2007, 05:46
I second that, expect the orcs to deflower the Witch Elf...

*cough*

th0r
13-06-2007, 06:25
Well I lost 2-0. Watch the reply and see if you can blame me for that loss. No casualties, i didnt make a single ko roll all game, rolled double skull repeatidly, hurt my own ghoul on 3+ dodge, and had another ghoul fouled on 1 assist and bh. Meanwhile RawMessiah 1d powed and ko'd me all game long. Pretty terrible game. I thought I played well enough for at least the draw, not a fan of losing like that.

RawMessiah
13-06-2007, 06:34
I must disagree with thOr,

you got two crowd pushes (could have wbeen CAS'!), and also KO's in the first half PLUS you could have scored to take the lead (0-1) but decided to block and got a double skull, which meant the 2nd half started 0-0.

The TD would have changed the game quite badly IF you would have scored...

RawMessiah
13-06-2007, 06:40
1st half, just to prove my point:

thOr got one Blitzer into the crows and my Ogre. he also got 2 Blitzers and 2 Catchers into the KO box.

I "only" got 2 Zombies and a Mummy in the KO box.

it was a busy day in the KO boxes! :)

th0r
13-06-2007, 07:00
The 2d double skulls at the end isnt really something you can bring against me. You didnt have block, I did. All I needed was a push and I could have scored. The only thing that would stop me was double skulls. I figured my chances were better on the block dice then try a 3+ rerollible. The crowd pushes only further my anger as I did 3 and got nothing for them ( a common theme for me that game). Don't forget that your ko's came as a result of 1d blocks either.

LordSnotball
14-06-2007, 07:06
Hey,

Tenpole Vs LordSnotball ended in a 3-1.

Tenpole's Black Orcs were elfballing, and LordSnotball was crowdpushing the Orcs (to no avail). The TR difference combined with snake eyes at the right/wong moment meant the game wasn't even a challenge for them orcs...

that's why Tenpole was elfballing, to entertain himself!

Looking forward to Round 2

Lardidar
15-06-2007, 08:20
Hiya all,

Just thought I'd post an update.

I PM'd Vypyr about our game a few days ago, but as you can see from his profile that he has not been on for 9 days. :(

Just thought I'd let you all know why I was not playing.

When is the deadline? I'm an eager beaver :)

LordSnotball
15-06-2007, 08:44
11th, 21st, 31st i think it was, that measn in 6 days time, u can still hope to catch vyprr this wkend

Lardidar
19-06-2007, 15:18
11th, 21st, 31st i think it was, that measn in 6 days time, u can still hope to catch vyprr this wkend

13 days an not been on, I wonder if he has maybe gone on holiday?

Anyway looking forward to getting a game soon!

Jet
19-06-2007, 15:58
Yorkie is in charge of the deadlines for the Southern league, so he can make the decision on when to forfeit the games early in some cases. Now that the weekend for vypyr has come and gone, I would say he would be unlikely to play the game.