PDA

View Full Version : RE: GW or FW AI models

Deamon-forge
10-06-2007, 21:55
I was just looking @ the GW epic online store and well its got Epic Vultures/valkyries way cheaper tha FW ones 4 vultures for 8 quid and 2 valkyries for 8 quid.
5 quid for AI bases
So if you get your self 1 lot of bases and 1 lot of GW vultures it will be 13 quid for 4 air craft when FW charge 12 quid for 2. the valkyries are the same price as FW i think
Has any one just brought the GW models and the AI bases?
as i think i mite do this for my AI drop troop army as it will be a little bit cheaper

Galdur Hrafnsson
10-06-2007, 22:09
Vultures and Valkyries are the closest to forgeworld size and detail as they're much newer than the rest of the SG fliers. Personally I bought the Forgeworld Ork AI stuff, as it's so much nicer.

orangesm
10-06-2007, 23:50
Damon-forge - have you included the cost of adding the bases? How is the price? I havent checked but they may even it out a little bit.

HarkonGreywolf
11-06-2007, 19:25
I have to say that when I added up how much FW was going to cost me for a decent sized Air Force I baulked at collecting one.
But, with a little pointer from a friend I found Trumpeter Models and their 1/350th scale planes. Just right for AI!
I then got busy with knife and glue and made this! And all for about 20 excluding bases and FW Grot Bombs.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/SWDWHS/Aeronautica%20Imperialis/aWholeWaaagh01.jpg
Thats 9 Fightas (3 are Epic Fighta Bommas) and 8 Fighta-Bommas. With all the bases and FW Grot Bombs the whole thing cost about 49, which together comes to over 400 points!!
And I gave away nearly half the kits to friends who also made their own planes for Epic and AI!!
(35 from Trumpeter got me 40 plane kits of varying sorts!!)
Well worth the expenditure I think!
And using some different kits from Trumpeter, you could conceivably make an Imperial Air Force, making the planes up identically instead of deliberately going for an Ork Mek Boy approach where every plane is individual!
In fact I am tempted to do exactly that for my next project so I have an enemy to play against!

Harkon Greywolf