PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Clans

Festering Chantor
09-04-2005, 19:24
Which Skaven Clan is your favourite, and why?

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
09-04-2005, 19:26
Eshin...because who doesnt like a whole army of ninja rodents? The rat master guy from mutant ninja turtles, anyone?

Ethereal Alpaca
09-04-2005, 21:08
I play a warlord clan, but if I had to choose I think I'd go with skryre. The image of a skaven techon mage festooned with arcane machinery, and their hyrbid of science and sorcery, really works for me.

skavenguy13
09-04-2005, 22:25
I tried to post a poll but I seem to have gotten Nurgles Brain Rot...

There was a "close thread" button or something similar on the old Portent, available to the person who started the thread.

I don't have one really (put that as an option plz). Moulder have no command or armor, Pestilens is ALL frenzy with no armor, Skryre costs too much $ and Eshin don't have ranks. I do, however, usually mix all the 4 clans, ot at the very least 2 clans in my warlord lists. I always skirmishers and weapon teams, often plague swarms and I recently found out 2 rat-ogres on the flank is great.

taer
09-04-2005, 22:55
I like pestilens, since they are almost as cool as my Nurgle army, and I see them as just more of pap nurgle's little children ;)

Festering Chantor
09-04-2005, 23:07
Well, you probably guessed it, my favourite is Clan Pestilens. That's because the 'Black Death' struck Norway extremley hard, the plague was brought here by rats on board a German ship, 1/3 of the population died. That's what I think of when I see Skaven...

User Name
09-04-2005, 23:13
I voted pestilens for the same reason as taer

Azarborne
09-04-2005, 23:36
Eshin...because who doesnt like a whole army of ninja rodents? The rat master guy from mutant ninja turtles, anyone?

I second that, the all assassin army that uses tactics :eek: a Skaven army that NEEDS tactics to win.

taer
09-04-2005, 23:41
I second that, the all assassin army that uses tactics :eek: a Skaven army that NEEDS tactics to win.

Or chariot killing throwing stars, brass obs, and wood-elf style hiding and points denying style of play. :D

Rabid Bunny 666
09-04-2005, 23:42
clan moulder

"send da big wunz forwards, we'll stay here and get a brew on...............a skavenbrew "

Wargamejunkie
10-04-2005, 05:20
Ninja rats with ninja stars, enough said.

taer
10-04-2005, 05:31
Versus ninja rats with pirate stars ;)

Festering Chantor
10-04-2005, 08:22
I'm not going to allow the pirate vs. ninja conversation here... of course I can't do anything about it, but I ain't gonna let you...

We've got 13 votes *awe* and no one seems to like Clan Mors... Why?

Eldacar
10-04-2005, 08:54
I voted Eshin. The whole assassin idea is pretty cool.

Stouty
10-04-2005, 08:59
We've got 13 votes *awe* and no one seems to like Clan Mors... Why?

Its not because no-one like them, its just they like other clans mor

:p :D

Ethereal Alpaca
10-04-2005, 09:18
Because they are just another warlord clan, albeit a strong one, which GW has tried to give some semblance of character to and failed miserably.

skavenguy13
10-04-2005, 11:38
because no one plays them?

it would be cool IMO to have a list for them in the next edition.

Ethereal Alpaca
10-04-2005, 14:26
because no one plays them?

it would be cool IMO to have a list for them in the next edition.

Yeah, I can see it now...their unique, individual unit, clanrats wearing red and black, backed up by the new, completely original, stormvermin in red and black. And lead by the completely different to other army generals, warlord in red and black. A great list. :rolleyes:

Festering Chantor
10-04-2005, 14:50
Perhaps they could have choises to represent that they are a ritch and powerfull Clan, something small like 0-2 Stormvermin with WS 5...

skavenguy13
10-04-2005, 15:42
Yeah, I can see it now...their unique, individual unit, clanrats wearing red and black, backed up by the new, completely original, stormvermin in red and black. And lead by the completely different to other army generals, warlord in red and black. A great list. :rolleyes:

And what about other clans? You can take a clan pestilens army and say it's a warlord army just by adding clanrats and taking a little less plague things. Same thing goes for every clan.

As festering chantor said, maybe the clanrats/slaves/stormvermin could be different, different upgrades, a new unit or two.

Ethereal Alpaca
10-04-2005, 16:47
What I'm getting it is that Clan Mors have no real theme. They're just ike any other vanilla warlord clan, except they got powerful.

Anyway, 0-2 stormvermin with WS5 would be Clan Rictus. And who wants more than one unit of stormvermin? (Hell, who even wants ONE?) ;)

SlaaneshSlave
10-04-2005, 19:52
Skryre has the best fluff. I love the mad scientist angle with a good chance to blow themselves up.

Artemis_Quinn
10-04-2005, 22:17
After reading Skavenslayer I have to say that caln Skaab is by far my favorite. Lead by the warpstone addicted Thanquol and other commanders including other colorful characters like Chang Squik and Vilebroth Null the book just makes it feel more fluffy than other clans, and I can identify with that clan more than the others. And it also lets you experience first hand how good plans tend to go terribly wrong for the Skaven. Just a thought.

Deathmasterskon
13-04-2005, 14:21
Mighty Eshin!
Jump out, strike first with the Fellblade, kill enemy general, 200 easy victory points, plus his points cost. Hehehe...
Outmaneuver everything.
Look cool in black...

Jedi152
13-04-2005, 15:06
Obviously clan Eshin, as rat-ninjas are 'teh win'.

Plus there's just something really appealing about an all skirmishing army...

Captain Morgan
14-04-2005, 10:01
Clan Skryre all the way. Nothing cooler than mad ratinventors. Although I can see the beauty of Eshin, I pity the fool who hasen't grown up on the teachings of Master Splinter and his four reptile charglings.

Deathmasterskon
14-04-2005, 15:07
Although using Eshin, I do miss the opportunities to blow stuff up (like slaves).
If only you could give Gutter Runners Jezzail sniper ifles or something. Pity that would be stupid and unbalanced.

CauCaSus
15-04-2005, 19:26
Its so hard to choose! Thats why I'm planning to start my third skaven army :D

I love Eshin, but Pestilense is very cool to

Gemini Dragon
15-04-2005, 22:11
for me:
Skryre for their crazy machine and magic
Eshin who can say no to ninjas!!!
mors because of Queek:a "brave" Skaven???: I say YES!!!