PDA

View Full Version : The Tale of 40K Painters: Working Thread

Pages : [1] 2

McMullet
30-06-2007, 14:25
THE TALE OF 40K PAINTERS

The aim of The Tale of Painters (TOP) is to help motivate those involved to complete a 2000 point Warhammer 40000 army in the next twelve months.

The painters involved have made a commitment to paint and post, by the last day of each month, approx 200 points of their chosen army. They do this each month for the next 12 months. Starting with the last day of July 2007.

However, because people have real lives with exams, holidays, honeymoons, new babies etc, etc., they get two 'Jokers'. For two months within the year you can ‘play a joker’ and rather than post an update they can post saying "sorry guys couldn't get it done this month. Real life got in the way." But the other 10 Months they have to come up with (approx) 200 points of painted and based figures. 200 points for 10 out of the next 12 months.

In twelve months time we will all end up with a finished 2000 point army.

All chat, questions, discussion, WIP, painting advice, encouragement, tutorials, etc, etc, should be on this thread.
(or in individual painters own project logs).

A new thread will be opened on the last day of each month (and will remain open for a week) for each painter to post one, and only one post with the next 200 point ‘update’ for the army they are painting and a picture of the army to date.
(OR one post for EACH army for those nutters painting more than one army!)

I will just take this opportunity to thank all the painters who have signed up for their interest and enthusiasm and for their ideas that have helped shape this project. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope this project is a big sucess for everyone involved. I also hope 'the viewers at home' enjoy this results of all the work of the painters involved.

Cheers,
Harry (& McMullet)

PS. Sorry I'm a bit late setting this thread up - thought we were starting tomorrow. It bodes well, I think. :p

McMullet
30-06-2007, 14:27
THE PAINTERS (OF 40K ARMIES)

In alphabetical order, except spikedog who just wants to be *special*.

* Spikedog : Armoured company
Aenarion : Eldar
Althanan : Cadian IG
AnkhAngel : Homebrewed Space Marines
Arch Traitor Horus : Dark Eldar and Craftworld Eldar
Arhalien : Stir Crazy Mad Daemon Hunter Types NO NO NO
Arkzein : Emperor's Children
Ashc : Deathwing
Barbed hawk : Death Guard
Baron Konrad : Dark Angels
bobert the great clen one : Dark Angels
Bobo : Imperial Guard
BrightRedRazor : Angels of Absolution
Brother Loki : Scythes of the Emperor (Space Marines)
Captain Wolverine : Elysians and Death Korps (2 different armies)
Cookiescrumble : Traitor Guard
Cpl_hicks : Daemonhunters
Cpt.skara. : Death Korps
Crazed_monkey : Cadians
DarkstarSabre : Sisters of Battle
Deakor : Blood Angels
El diablo : Black Legion
Fishborne : Imperial Guard
Glurf : Relictors
greyclaw : Renegade Guard
Harry : MARINZLOL!!!1!!1 (Desert Lions)
Heldane : Space Marines (Raptors)
Hobo slayer : Space Marines (Egyptian Theme)
Ice : Blood Angels
Ikafrai : Crimson Fists
it's coming this way! : Orky Police
Jim Reaper : IG
jon23516 : Ultramarines
Llynus : Imperial Fists
lord_blackfang : White Scars
Lostanddamned : Armoured Company
Majin : Space Marines
MalusCalibur : Loyal Thousand Sons (Played using Codex: Space Marines)
Marksekay : Imperial Fists
McMullet : Tyranids
Meticulous : Space Wolves 13th Company
Monstallion : Eldar
Norsehawk : IG and Red Corsairs
One second of insanity : Tyranids
penguin663 : Death Guard
PMTN : Necrons
razormasticator : Imperial Guard
Rhamag : 'Forces of the Imperium' (Bit of a mixture)
Rouge 7 : Tau
Scott4991 : Chaos Marines and Blood Angels
Sgtknivek182nd : Space Wolves and Tau
Shadowphrakt : Armoured Company
Silvereye : Eldar
skidrow : Marines (The chapter with no name.)
ss-cherubael : Damien Haters instead of Flash Boaters - he's keeping the Wretch Hanter Oilies and adding in some Alun Hawkers as well. The full spectrum of the Inquisition!
THE CHIEF : Deathwing
Thoth62 : Space Marines
TooMad : Harlequins
Venomiser : Necrons
Verfallen : Desert-themed Krieg (IG)
Wolfsbane : Space Wolves.

If anyone is missed out or listed incorrectly PM me and I'll sort you out. :)

I've done a quick breakdown of the armies if anyone's interested:

Chaos/Renegade Marines: 7
Craftworld Eldar: 5
Dark Eldar: 1
Imperial Guard: 17
Inquisition: 3
Orks: 1
Necrons: 2
Space Marines: 25
Tau: 2
Tyranids: 2

That's now 60 painters and 65 armies! (and counting...) Not only that, less than half of the armies are Space Marines!

McMullet
30-06-2007, 14:28
Here is a post, written from the point of view of Harry, our illustrious leader, and which should answer any more detailed questions you may have. Of course, if you have any other concerns please feel free to ask in this thread, or send a private message to myself or to Harry.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

The first post is the short version. However here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions that have come up over the last month during the planning of this project. I have included them here to help clarify some of the finer points.
These can be considered ‘The rules’ If you wish. Although as you read them You will see this is not strictly a competition and consequently the ‘rules’ are not very strict either. However, I hope this help everyone to understand what this is all about.

Q : Am I too late to join in?
A : No. Even now we have started, IF you can come up with 200 points of painted minis before the end of July you have not missed the boat. Make that first deadline and your ‘in’.

Q : I am not in a position to meet the first months deadline. Can I still join in.
A : Well you could play a joker straight away allowing you another month to get models and start painting. But it would be nice if everyone could try (unavoidable circumstances accepted) to post the first month. Just to get the ball rolling.

Q : What if I have an army I have already started.
A : Well I don't think anyone is going to mind if the odd thing is something you had already started. (no-one is going to know anyway!) Just so long as your not starting with a half painted army.

Q : Is it a competition?
A : Not as such. The painters are only really competing against themselves (and all the other challenges and distractions in life which regularly get in the way of painting an army). However, at the end everyone still involved in the thread (IE everyone who completes a 2000 point army). Will be asked to choose their favorites in the following categories:

1) Best painted Army
2) Best themed Army
3) Best converted Army
4) Best General (IE Character model)
5) Best joker or Best excuse used during the competition.

Q : Will there be prizes.
A : Yes. I am just not sure of the details yet. I will come up with something in the next 12 months. Mostly we fight for honor.

Q : How will you know if people are posting stuff they have done fresh for this and not just posting an old army?
A : Simply, I will not know. It is down to trust and an old fashioned word 'honor'. Obviously we could all do that but that would really miss the point of trying to use this as the motivation to help get an army painted. I also think it would take all the enjoyment out of it for the individual. We considered requiring WIP photos for each 200 points but I think, on balance, I would sooner take peoples word.

Q : Can I paint a selection of units from different armies or do they all have to be from the same army
A : The stated aim is to complete a 2000 point army. Involvement in this competition does not stop anyone from painting other things but all posts on these threads must be directly related to the army the painter has chosen.

Q : Can I paint less than 200 points. What if my unit only comes to 175 points.
A : That’s fine. If you do a unit that totals 150 points the next month you try to do one that comes to 250 points. There will obviously need to be this kind flexibility.
However I would like people to try and stay as close as possible to the monthly targets to make comparisons between projects possible. As long as by month one you are around the 200 point mark, month two the 400 point mark, month three the 600 point mark that will be fine.

Q; What happens if painters don’t post 200 points?
A : Nothing really. I guess if McMullet and I are keeping an eye on things we can issue a friendly word via PM followed by a 'yellow card' warning and finally a 'red card" to anyone falling off the pace.

Q If I have painted more than the required 200 points can I post them.
A : What I would like you to do is only post 200 points even if you have painted more in an effort to stay close to that months target. Saving the extra points until the next month. (My feeling is if some people 'charge ahead' it will demoralize others who only have the time to paint the required 200 points rather than anything more over and above).
In this way you could stay 200 points ahead the whole time if you want so you are never under pressure just posting up last months painting. In effect always having some 'in the bank'.
I imagine some people will paint the whole army in six months but I will ask people only to post as close to the agreed targets as possible.
It is not a race. It is not about 'showing off' or “I am faster than you” This whole adventure is about motivating and encouraging each other. I think the best way to do this is to paint our armies together.

Q : Does my post on the other thread have to be pictures only?
A : No. Posts may include background or explanations of theme or any other information you wish to include n support of your photo’s. (Maybe even a bit of literature for those into writing about there characters/units) but none of this is compulsory.

It MUST include at least one picture of that months 200 point update AND one picture of the complete army to date.

It MUST also include the description, from the appropriate army book of the unit or characters including any equipment, magic items or wargear etc.... and points costs involved AND the total points value of the army to date. (To ensure people aren’t falling behind or racing ahead too much).

Think of these posts as the 'edited highlights' for those who just want to see where we are up to.

Anyone wanting the ‘full experience’ can follow this thread or follow links to your own threads or project logs. (which you are welcome to include in your posts)

Q : Do I need to post an army list.
A : No. Not everybody writes an army list at the start of a project and then sticks to it rigidly. Some people let the army list ‘evolve’ as they collect and paint their figures. The army list is constantly developing as the army expands.
As long as you post the points for the units you have done as you go along so we can see the army taking shape you do not need to post the whole list up front.

Q : Do I have to set up a project log for this?
A : There is nothing stopping people having their own project Log for there work. But maintaining a thread should not be seen as compulsory or even contributing to this 'working thread' If individuals just want to pitch up once a month and say 'here you go guys this is what I have done this month' and then clear off again till next month and have nothing more to do with it that is cool. Different people will have different amounts of interest and enthusiasm for this project and have different amounts of time to give to it.

Q : Does it matter that I have already started a project and have some units based and undercoated and have even started painting some?
A : In an ideal world we would all be starting from exactly the same starting point. A pile of unopened boxes. (And I imagine this will be some peoples starting point).
Some are not even in this happy position. I know some people have been frantically buying stuff on e-bay to scrape together enough models to start painting for the first month.

Obviously as we did not know this is happening everybody will be at different stages

Some will have test pieces done.
Some will have the odd unit or character painted or part painted.
Some will have done extensive GS work on some models.
Some will not have a single miniature yet or even the book and will be starting from scratch. etc, etc,

There will be as many different starting points as painters. I think we must all accept that. We cannot expect anyone to start a brand new project just for this. As long as people do not have a half painted army! I have no way of monitoring what people do so it must be left to 'trust' and 'honor'. If everyone tries to enter the 'spirit' of this undertaking. It will be fine. I trust that everyone who has found or been invited to this thread will try and do just that.

Some people will paint a further 2000 points to something they have already started. Some people will 'confess' in their commentary that the mini(s) they are posting were started 12 months ago but completed for this. Some people will apologize that the first unit they are posting was completed before this officially started because they were already beginning a new army. etc, etc.

All this is OK. I don't want anyone to feel they have to start a brand new army or that they are disqualified from taking part because they have already painted a unit of grots. IF you can paint an additional 2000 points to what you have done...this is better but if you have intended to collect exactly 2000 points then so be it.

I hope everybody else is cool with the relaxed attitude towards this. If anyone is going to get upset at the end because someone gets 'picked' for 'best whatever' who already had a bit of painting done before the official start date maybe this is not the right 'competition' for you.

This is a bit of fun to help motivate all of us to get some painting done and a get a completed army on the table.

Harry
30-06-2007, 14:34
It is my fault for not co-ordinating our efforts. Apologies.

Good Luck everyone.

I leave you in McMullets capable hands.

You might want to change ss-cherubael's army from "Flesh biters" to something more sensible now :D

McMullet
30-06-2007, 14:35
EDIT: No worries Harry. :)

I'm McMullet (AKA Sam) and I'll be keeping an eye on the 40K side of this enterprise, and generally acting as Harry's lackey. I'll also be painting my Tyranid army over the next 12 months.

I have completed a single test model for my chosen colour scheme, or at half of it so you can see a picture:

http://images.fotopic.net/ym7753.jpg

My army will include:

1 Hive Tyrant
5 Leaping Warriors
1 Lictor
64 Hormagaunts
6 Ripper bases
12 Genestealers
3 Raveners
4 Flying Warriors
2 Zoanthropes
1 Carnifex

I look forward to seeing your own introductions and watching your armies take shape over the next year. Best of luck to everyone, and thanks for participating!

EDIT: There's more of my models in the links in my signature if you're interested. ;)

Baron_Konrad
30-06-2007, 14:38
Looks very nice indeed!

Venomizer
30-06-2007, 14:43
Hello all............................I'm Venomizer or if you prefer real names, Andrew
and I'll be going Necron crazy - the models listed below will make up the 2,000pts that I will paint over the next year

1x Necron Lord
10x Immortals
10x Immortals
15x Warriors
15x Warriors
5x Destroyers
5x Destroyers
3x Heavy Destroyers

Colour Key:
RED:Not bought
ORANGE: Built, in various stages of undercoating
YELLOW: Undercoated, ready to paint
GREEN: Completed

I'm looking forward to seeing each of these armies progress over this next year and wish all of you good luck

so for the moment, Sayonara

~Venomizer~

spikedog
30-06-2007, 15:07
I'M SPECIAL!!!!11one2

*ahem*

Hi, I'm Spikedog and I will be ruining this great experience for you all by posting random junk and insulting McMullet whenever possible.

I will also be trying to get 2k worth of Armoured Company painted which will include roughly:

10-20 Storm Troopers
4 Russes
3 Chimeras
2 Hellhounds
1 Bassie
1 Baneblade
1 Partridge in a Pear Tree

I am very glad to see that McMullet has decided to go with the custard 'nids. They were my favourite all along.

Well good luck to everyone involved and lets get cracking! (Or painting, its all good)

Glurf
30-06-2007, 15:31
Q; What happens if painters dont post 200 points?
A : Nothing really. I guess if McMullet and I are keeping an eye on things we can issue a friendly word via PM followed by a 'yellow card' warning and finally a 'red card" to anyone falling off the pace.

*Begins nitpicking*

Then again, if this is from harry's perspective just ignore me. :D

Norsehawk
30-06-2007, 15:31
I am doing 2 armies, both 40k, one an inquisitor's personal IG army, using units taken from different armies based on what the inquisitor needs at the time. The other is going to be a Chaos army based on the Red Corsairs, using mostly the color scheme that they have posted a few times in different outlets, a red based theme with both black and gold highlights, also some marines who have gone renegade and have crossed out the chapter and imperial symbols with red X's The basis of this is the news that they are finally releasing Huron Blackheart as a figure when the new chaos codex comes out.

One question I do have however, and it comes in very important to my IG forces, how do you consider the monthly points on a tank when you change the turret and it becomes a whole new tank with a different point value?

Example, I have lots of Ruses and chimeras that need painting, but I also have several forgeworld turrets that I can use on them the chimeras are not as much of a difference in points, but between a leman russ exterminator to a conqurer, the points can be very different.

Harry
30-06-2007, 15:54
EDIT: No worries Harry. :)

LOL That should do nicely. :D
I can see this will just run and run.

*Begins nitpicking*

McMullet is now free to take this side of the 'competition' in whatever direction he chooses (or you lot decide).
I have handed over ALL responsibility.

I imagine he will run a tighter ship than I will on the fantasy side.;)

spikedog
30-06-2007, 16:17
I imagine he will run a tighter ship than I will on the fantasy side.;)

Not if I have anything to do about it!

*runs around cutting riggings*

hehehe :D

SgtKnivek182nd
30-06-2007, 18:59
Hi

My name is kevin and i plan on trying to complete 2000 points of Tau and space wolves. :eyebrows:

I would just like to wish every body good luck with there endevers

Kevin

Marsekay
30-06-2007, 22:50
Hey all,

Im marsekay andi will be providing 2000 pts of Imperial fists!

All in yellow and we know how much fun that is.

The funny thing is i lost my paints when i moved and i am waiting for some new ones to arrive!

also i havnt recieved the models yet!

also i need to test my painting "method"!

i cant see me gettin much done for month 1 but im gonna have a damn good go!

my first iteration of a list is as follows.

2x5 man terminator squads with Forge world pads
2x Land raiders
2x forge world vindicators
3x 5 man sniper scout teams
2x razorbacks 1 hvy bolter kitted and one lascannons
2x 5 man combat squads
1x whirlwind consisting of current rhino chassis and rougue trader era launcher conversion. wicked!

thats it!

i reckon month one will be the 5 man marine squad with razorback at about 165 points already 40 below needed but i will make up that up super fast when i get going!! (i hope...)

good luck to everyone and heres a joker card if you need one, fill it out with your reason for lack of work!

Marsekay
30-06-2007, 22:54
One question I do have however, and it comes in very important to my IG forces, how do you consider the monthly points on a tank when you change the turret and it becomes a whole new tank with a different point value?

Example, I have lots of Ruses and chimeras that need painting, but I also have several forgeworld turrets that I can use on them the chimeras are not as much of a difference in points, but between a leman russ exterminator to a conqurer, the points can be very different.

Surely nobodys finicky enough to give a crud? as long as its around 200 pts a month
i myself surely wont care if somebody does 50 pts and then the next month 500 as long as they do SOMETHING.

I think it should be more about getting SOMETHING done and it all adding up to 2000 pts at the end and the fun we all have inbetween, as long as peeps dont take the **** and do like 50 points a month every month lol.

Llynus
01-07-2007, 00:50
MrMcMullet, could you put me down for Imperial Fists, I finally decided:D

and I'm sorry it's yet another marine army, but the yellow looks damn fine!!

Oh, and I'll have to play a Joker for July, as I'll be away end of July/beginning of August.

Thanks!

One_Second_of_Insanity
01-07-2007, 01:17
Alright now this thread is up I might as well post my list up.
For those who dont want to scroll through the list of contributors I am doing Deathwing.

2000pts
Capt Worthless (aka Belial)
Ven Dread with smoke, searchlight, extra armour, TL Lascannon, DCCW & Storm Bolter
Ven Dread with smoke, searchlight, extra armour, TL Lascannon & Missile Launcher
4x5 Terminators with Assault Cannon & Chainfist
1x5 Terminators with Heavy Flamer, Chainfist & 2 pairs of Lightning Claws
Landraider with smoke, searchlight, extra armour & pintle stormbolter

So far I have about 1800pts assembled, just going to undercoat today which should be fun considering its b@#$dy raining here with a thunderstorm coming through this afternoon. (waves fist at all you guys in the northern hemisphere in summer :D)

may have some pics up tomorrow of the army as it stands and might even get my first mini painted today.

El-Diablo
01-07-2007, 10:27
My name's El Diablo and im an alcoh......painter. Yes, painter. Not confused.
Im working towards 2000 points of Black Legion for the new Chaos release, starting with some 'standard' chaos marines, then some of the spanky new plastics come september.

I've done a champion in the scheme i've decided on.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Black%20Legion/Champion1.jpg

All of the champions will be made slightly bigger with plasticard spacers on the feet and at the waist, to make them a little more imposing than the rank and file.

I've got a few other things planned but i'll leave some of those secrets under my spikey black helmet........

El Diablo

Edit - Nice looking gaunt McMullet. I've never been too sure about yellow 'nids but you've pulled it off nicely.

PMTN
01-07-2007, 10:55
Hey i am PMTN (otherwise know as eldrad36 or steve)

Unlike my other metal bretherin venomiser, i will be doing a more "destroyer based" army, list is going to look something like this

C'tan
20x warriors - so yes you may get 1/2 months of only warriors.
10x Destroyers - yummy
1x monolith - ARghhhh - my first months project, and it was a B***ch to build
8x immortals

Thats for 1.500 points. Not sure what the other set is going to be.

But i can't wait to see what you guys are cooking up.

Im looking forward to El.Diablo work, you test model has a sinister quality to it that many chaos models don't.

McMullet
01-07-2007, 12:59
I'M SPECIAL!!!!11one2

You are a very special boy.

Hi, I'm Spikedog and I will be ruining this great experience for you all by posting random junk and insulting McMullet whenever possible.

You always spoil my fun... :cries:

MrMcMullet, could you put me down for Imperial Fists, I finally decided:D

and I'm sorry it's yet another marine army, but the yellow looks damn fine!!

Oh, and I'll have to play a Joker for July, as I'll be away end of July/beginning of August.

Thanks!

Done and done. Nothing wrong with Marines. Just ask spikedog, he loves 'em.

LOL That should do nicely. :D
I can see this will just run and run.

I'll have to see if I can progressively mispell it into a completely different army...

Personally I would see this in terms of your overall army. If you paint an alternative turret for a tank, it doesn't really add to the total points value, as you obviously can't use two turrets simultaneously. So the alternative turret would count as part of the "sideboard" - any extra models you paint over the 12 months (e.g., if you don't use a Joker and so paint 2 months worth of models over).

Basically, what I'm suggesting is that, if you paint two turrets, count the highest points value as the cost of that unit.

Of course, it's not a *lot* of points ( I guess 50 or so?), so it doesn't really matter a great deal.

*Begins nitpicking*

I've clarified that for you now...

We also have one new painter who PMed me last night, please welcome rogue trader who will be painting some Vostroyans. I have also corrected SgtKnivek182nd's entry to note that he is painting two armies.

Feel free to keep introducing yourselves (no need to be shy).

Arhalien
01-07-2007, 14:08
Hi. Due to a(nother) last minute change of plan I'm now doing a Guard army instead of Tomb Kings.
The army will probably (barring another change of heart) be a Cadian mecahnised devision.
The rough list, without codex is something like this:
Doctrines: mechanised, Stormtroopers, Rough Riders, Iron Discipline
HQ.
JO, Iron Discipline, Commissar with trademark item, mortar, master vox
Chimera with Multilaser (ML), heavy Bolter (HB), extra armour (EA) and smoke launchers (smoke)

Troops
Platoon 1
JO, Lascannon, vox
Chimera, ML, HB, EA, smoke
grenade launcher, vox
Grenade launcer, vox

Armoured fist
Grenade launcher, vox

Elites.
Hardened vet squad (10)
Shotguns, 3 meltas, vox. Vet sgt with PF

10 stormtroopers.
2 meltas, vet sgt with PW
Chimera, ML, HB, EA, smoke (detect a pattern here? ;))

Fast attack
8 rough riders, lances. Vox
incl. Vet sgt with Honorifica Imperialis, power weapon, carapce armour (in fluff terms the outmoded old colonel in command of the army)

2 sentinels, autocannons

2 sentinels, autocannons

Heavy Support
Leman russ, HB, HB sponsons, EA, Smoke

Which leaves me with about 140 points, which I'll decide on when i've got the codex.

I'll probably be jokering the first month to finish my Eldar, but after then I should be able to keep up with the necessary rate of painting.

SgtKnivek182nd
01-07-2007, 14:32
Hi all

I am going to try and complete 2000 points Tau and Space Wolves over this 12 month period, here is a quick rundown of what i`ve got already and what a plan on purchasing to complete this project.

Tau

I currently have 1100 points worth and they are:

HQ Commander 125
E1 XV8 Crisis Team 194
E2 XV25 Stealth Team 132
T1 Fire Warrior Team 115
T2 Fire Warrior Team 115
H1 Sniper Drone Team 80
H2 Hammerhead Gunship 160
FA1 Piranha Skimmer 80
FA2 Gun Drones 60
FA3 Gun Drones 48

as well as these i plan on having

2 Piranha`s
2 Sniper Drone Teams
3 XV8`s
8 pathfinders
2 Fire warrior teams
1 Sky Ray

with these additions it should round my force off to just under 2000 points

The first unit i will be painting is the XV8 Crisis suit team.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/Digger_man82/Tau/P1030471.jpg

Space Wolves

As for my Space wolves i currently own around 1800 points of these and they are;

HQ 1 Wolf Priest 135
HQ 2 Wolf Lord 145
E 1 Wolf Scouts 120
E 2 Iron Priest 140
E 3 Wolf Guard 219
T 1 Blood Claws 1 168
T 2 Blood Claws 2 164
T 3 Grey Hunters 1 192
T 4 Grey Hunters 2 159
H 1 Long Fangs 199
FA 1 Blood Claw Bikers 176

and to purchase i have

HQ 3 Venerable Dreadnaught 165

For my first months total a will be painting Blood Claw pack 1 and a single Blood Claw Biker

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/Digger_man82/Space%20Wolves/P1030477.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/Digger_man82/Space%20Wolves/P1030476.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/Digger_man82/Space%20Wolves/P1030475.jpg

Hopefully i will have some progress for you all to see for tommorrow night

Sgt Knivek

PS I would just like to wish every one good luck again

Marsekay
01-07-2007, 15:16
Well my paints still havnt arrived, but i did order a mega paint set!

i bought it especially for this lol.

i reckon models will arrive by end of next week.

the crappy thing is my GF hates it so i have to sneak the models in and out and pretend i am painting model cars (for some reason they are cool and she even does it!)

we walked past a GW shop the other day and she expressed how much she HATES the people in there lol.

i laughed, a lot.

oh how she will be happy when she finds me out!!

i reckon one of my jokers will be

"didnt do anything this month as the GF has sold all my stuff/thrown it all out/burnt it all"

still gonna be fun tho.

Wolfsbane
01-07-2007, 15:51
Hello all, the majority of you have a 5 hour lead on me, since I'm in the states. But not to worry, this sunday is now being called paintday; for there will be no sun seen.

I'm here to paint some Space Wolves, although I need to paint them by August (1500 points) for Gen Con. But, I'll post in this thread and my own thread, so once I go over 200 points I'll start posting in my thread.

The Super Haggis
01-07-2007, 18:42
Heyyy, just noticed this was here. Nice to see the other side of the Tale of Painters up and running. I'll be over at the, far superior;), Tale of Fantasy Painters but I'll be popping in every so often to appreciate your work!:D

Good luck everyone,

Nick.

El-Diablo
01-07-2007, 20:36
A WIP update now, a (slightly) converted Khorne Berzerker. I've already got 2 units of Chaos Marines assembled and in various stages of assembly and painting, so I thought i'd turn my hand to something a little more choppy.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Black%20Legion/BerzerkerWIP1.jpg

Its a regular plastic berzerker with arms from the chaos marine kit. Seeing as they've lost khornate chain axes in the new list, i've used axes from the fantasy chaos warriors.

Personally I cant wait for strength 5 and 4 attacks on the charge.....

El Diablo

Marsekay
01-07-2007, 22:22
Good to see people on the move already.
i am not impressed that the fantasy TOP thread is beatingus post for post!
i want them beat! so come on, get to it!

One_Second_of_Insanity
01-07-2007, 22:35
I just need to take some photos, painted my first terminator yesterday

spikedog
01-07-2007, 23:56
Right!

Clearly this is now turning into a battle between the 40K'ers and the Fantasy nuts, and however much it pains me to say this I guess that means I am on the 40K side...

So come on people, they might be able to beat us on posts due to more people but we can beat them on quality!

I will throw my hat into the ring and put my money where my mouth is with my first picture of my army. My army is an Armoured Company however it has a twist, all the guard are female! Every model will be heavily converted and have resin in it at some point.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/spikedog_woof/Warhammer/Armoured%20Company/stgrl.jpg

My first month's painting will be a Stormtrooper squad (I know this will put me a little under points wise but it will be made up next month with a coupld of tanks)

Norsehawk
02-07-2007, 00:19
ahh, the female guards that I saw on ebay, I was looking at those.

sigur
02-07-2007, 00:54
Hey there. I must have overread the part which sat the 40k painters and WHFB painters into competition so I thought I'd drop by and have a look at what you guys are painting.

That's quite an amazing lot of IG armies in your list, McMullet. I hope to see very different kinds of IG armies in here within the next months.;)

For starters, this female Grenadier is looking really nice. You got the resin parts off ebay, as Norsehawk mentioned? Are those cast by a private person or a company?

Looking forward to the progress in here and you're always welcome to visit the Fantasy Painters' WIP thread. Happy painting!

spikedog
02-07-2007, 03:39
These female guard models are made by a private community of gamers called the Pheonix Club which I am a part of and although one of our members decided to sell a few sets on eBay that was not where I got these from. These I bought directly from the club.

We currently have more projects in the pipeline including a set of female tank commanders and commisar which I hope to include in this project later down the line. For now however it is just going to be female stormtroopers.

I have a unit of 10 which are pretty much ready for painting including fully magnetized special weapons and vet. sergent so I can swap around configurations between games.

I will post some WiP pictures later on.

Maximus_Prime
02-07-2007, 04:39
only problem I have with that guardswoman is that she looks too happy to be cannon-fodder, otherwise that's amazing!

Harry
02-07-2007, 06:17
Noooooo! Lets not turn it into the battle of the systems.
I knew we should not have split into two threads.

But if we are competing over post count in the threads then I suppose competition over the painting is inevitable.

Well I am sorry it has come to this ... If only because you have lots of very good painters :D

However, if thats the way you want it .... :D

One_Second_of_Insanity
02-07-2007, 06:53
Harry we are all civilised over here, 2 threads just makes it easier to manage though.

We will see where everyone stands at the end of the month :D

McMullet
02-07-2007, 08:54
Good to see people on the move already.
i am not impressed that the fantasy TOP thread is beatingus post for post!
i want them beat! so come on, get to it!
They have more painters, it's to be expected...

Now, children, let's play nicely. :p

That's certainly an interesting theme you have there Spike, should be interesting to see it develop.

As far as my army goes, yesterday I tried basecoating some nids using Tamiya "Nato Brown" spray paint. I thought this would save me a bit of time as it looked close to Scorched Brown in colour. In fact it's more like Terracotta so I'll be reverting to black undercoat from now on.

Marsekay
02-07-2007, 09:28
Its only friendly banter with the intention of spurring people on lol.

my update today is,

My stuff still hasnt arrived. Excellent! im a day behind!

McMullet
02-07-2007, 10:09
Its only friendly banter with the intention of spurring people on lol.

I know, just want to make sure people don't start spamming the thread just so we can "beat" the Fantasy guys. ;)

my update today is,

My stuff still hasnt arrived. Excellent! im a day behind!

Haha. Good update... :p

Glurf
02-07-2007, 11:22
Noooooo! Lets not turn it into the battle of the systems.
I knew we should not have split into two threads.

Bah, it'll be a massacre. After all, who has the lascannons?

McMullet
02-07-2007, 11:34
Yeah, but the fancy-pants Fantasy armies get save modifiers. Marines save on a 5+ vs handguns; not only that, they don't get ranks so they'll be running from Goblins and Skaven Slaves...

The Super Haggis
02-07-2007, 11:49
Just to show we don't all want to beat you over at the TOFP I've updated my sig so it's got the 40k thread in it an' all!

Good luck,

Nick.

We are still gonna beat you tho'!:p

Hollopoint
02-07-2007, 12:05
So this is the 40k thread huh? Interesting... :angel:

Norsehawk
02-07-2007, 12:34
I usually don't build an army list before painting an army, but, decided to do a tentitive list (of course always open to be changed)

HQ
Command Platoon
JO w/ Honorifica Imperialis and surveyor
Heavy Bolter
Medic

Anti Tank Squad
3x Lascannon
Special Weapons squad
3x sniper rifle

Inquisitor Lord
Bolter, Auspex, Carapace Armor, Psychic Hood
3x Acolyte with Carapace/bolter
2x Chirgeon
3x Heavy Bolter Servitors
1 Sage

Elites

Callidus Assassin

2x Veteran Squad
3x Melta, 3x Shotgun, Melta Bomb

Troops

Infantry Platoon
JO, surveyor
Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad
2x Lascannon/Plasma gun (1 each)

Armored Fist
Melta/Autocannon
Chimera- TL heavy bolter in turret, hull heavy bolter
Camo Netting, Smoke, Extra Armor, Pintle Heavy Stubber

Fast Attack

2x Hellhound
Pintle Stubber, Smoke, Camo Netting, Extra Armor

Heavy Support

2x Leman Russ
Lascannon/2hb Smoke, Camo netting, Extra Armor
Leman Russ Exterminator
3x Heavy Bolter (turret tl autocannon), Smoke, Camo, Extra Armor

2k on the dot.

Glurf
02-07-2007, 13:37
Yeah, but the fancy-pants Fantasy armies get save modifiers. Marines save on a 5+ vs handguns; not only that, they don't get ranks so they'll be running from Goblins and Skaven Slaves...
Hmm, but what can they do against orbital barrages eh?

McMullet
02-07-2007, 14:25
Well, they can just dispell those orbital barrages. :p

Please welcome another painter to the fold, penguin663 will joining us with his Death Guard. :)

Arhalien
02-07-2007, 14:52

Yes but don;t forget the nuumber of attacks you can get in 40k; a full squad of Striking scorpions will dish out 40 st4 attacks; that would anihalate skaven slave completely and overcome any Static CR that could be brought against them. THen there's the fact that there are no shooting modifiers in 40k.

Oh, btw, I've changed my list a bit; more grenadiers, fewer guardsmen and more Rough Riders and Leman Russes.

jasevx
02-07-2007, 15:21
Am I missing something, or is this in the wrong log if its 40k?

Maybe just me being Ginger ;)

Norsehawk
02-07-2007, 15:38
UPS guy just dropped off a nice package from the UK for me, inside was a rather nice item that I am gonna try and build and do for my first month's amount.

If not, I can always fall back on the test scheme russ that I did when the painting thing was announced.

McMullet
02-07-2007, 15:38
If by "log" you mean "subforum", then the answer is yes and no.

Yes, it's in the General logs section not the 40K logs section. However, it's not really the wrong one. The Tale of Many Painters project is meant to encompass both game systems, but for the sake of convenience is split into two separate threads. A single thread would have simply been too cumbersome to keep track of, but two threads in different subforums would've been too far apart. So we have two threads in the General subforum.

I hope that rambling makes things clearer. :p

Glurf
02-07-2007, 16:22
Well, they can just dispell those orbital barrages. :p

Please welcome another painter to the fold, penguin663 will joining us with his Death Guard. :)

Culexus assassins are always fun against pesky dispellers.

Silvereye
02-07-2007, 16:29
Hi I'm Andy and I'm probably the worlds slowest painter. I'm using this Tale as an excuse, err, drive to paint this Titan some time this centuary:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/a_m_walton/Revnant.jpg
It has had a bit of green stuffing done since the picture was taken.

However I need an Eldar army to actually be able to field it. :) So as long as August goes to plan, I should have a pile of Eldar to take up more of my time and space.

Currently, it is looking to be along the lines of:
Revnant Titan
A pheonix lord or two (Asurmen and/or Fuegan depending if I can find either of them)
Seer council (unless I can actually find both pheonix lords, or fancy just using one as a snazzy Exarch)
Wraithlord (it fits between the calves of the Titan!)
Stuff from the Eldar battle force box
Some rangers
Other bits and bobs depending on what looks good (damn, its an Eldar army, it all looks good...).

McMullet
02-07-2007, 16:35
Wow, a Titan. Fantastic! You can paint that beast a limb at a time to get your monthly points. :p

Culexus assassins are always fun against pesky dispellers.
:D

jon23516
02-07-2007, 17:42
Greetings Harry, Spikedog, etc.

I've been lurking here in the forums for about a year and read a dozen project logs a day as part of my routine.

I've recently finished building and primering the Ultramarines 4th Company.

I'd like to enter my 4th Company project into the mix for the motivation factors mentioned before.

By the end I hope to have painted:
six 12-man Tactical squads (including optional ML and Flamer Marines)
two 10-man Assault squads with jump packs
two 10-man Devastator squads (1 with 4 ML, 1 with 4 HB)
two 5-man Terminator squads (1 with 2 AC, 1 with 2 ML)
12 scouts with bolt pistol & CCW
6 scouts with bolters
8 scouts with sniper rifles
4 scouts with HB
1 scout with ML

Independently I'll be working up a Rhino, Razorback, 2xPredator, Whirlwind, LR and LR Crusader.

HQ and major characters will have to come later.

Jon

Norsehawk
02-07-2007, 17:44
Started cleaning up and putting together some parts of my new bit from the world of forge, and so far, the only thing that has been glued are the bolters to the mini sponsons, beyond that its just being held together by gravity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/IMG_0602.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/IMG_0600.jpg

I think with a few of these, we don't need to worry about those pesky fantasy armies, potentially 21 str 5 ap 4 shots a turn. (not counting the demolisher cannon)

Glurf
02-07-2007, 17:46
:D

Just imagine a couple of em getting into the college of magic in Altdorf.

Ah, makes me smile thinking about it.

sigur
02-07-2007, 18:07
Oooh, a Malcador! I'm looking forward to seeing this model getting assembled and painted.;)

And stop that competition thing already. Backing this all up by "I got soandsomany shots @sX apX lol" doesn't make it any less childish.:rolleyes:

Arhalien
02-07-2007, 19:32
And stop that competition thing already. Backing this all up by "I got soandsomany shots @sX apX lol" doesn't make it any less childish.:rolleyes:

But I like being childish :angel:

;)

SgtKnivek182nd
02-07-2007, 19:58
Norsehawk that looks like one nice tank i can`t wait to see what you do with it

sgt Knivek

One_Second_of_Insanity
02-07-2007, 22:29
Well heres the first of my painted terminators (only 25 more to go), first time I have painted the bone armour but I am pretty happy with the result. Let me know what you guys think.

Agamemnon2
02-07-2007, 22:50
Started cleaning up and putting together some parts of my new bit from the world of forge, and so far, the only thing that has been glued are the bolters to the mini sponsons, beyond that its just being held together by gravity.

You got one of those already? Drat, there goes my plan of making a Malcador build log. Interestingly, it looks to be put together differently than I expected, with the top track run moulded into the sides like that.

spikedog
02-07-2007, 23:51
Darn you Norsehawk, the Malcador was going to be my centre piece and unique thing to my army for this log, I will have to do something else now...

Still I look forward to seeing you build and paint her as I still may get one at a later date.

@ One_Second_of_Insanity - Looking great! I like the armour, clean enough but with the brown as a first coat you make it look old like it should. I also really like the base. An army of these guys should look mighty impressive.

Norsehawk
03-07-2007, 01:06
as far as construction of the malcador goes, the top plate has the top of the tank, there is a bottom plate, both side sponsons are seperate, the roof sits on top, so you can place the movable 5 heavy bolters down and have some freedom of movement, front cannon is 2 pcs the side sponsons are drop in, holder,sponson, and a choice of hb, heavy flamer, or lc to put on themwith some filing and the like it does go together and sit peacefuly without glue, you have to finish the tracks with the included track sprue, and then there is also the trench rails, exhausts, and fuel tanks to put on, as well as a few other fiddly bits.

Overall, I could see every ork warlord in the universe wanting one of these, they can put out a hell of a lot of 'dakka'

Rhamag
03-07-2007, 01:10
Hello I'm Rhamag (Graham) and I'll be painting a mix of various Imperial units, starting with Space Marines and Inquistorial Stormtroopers (as these are the models I already have assembled and sprayed black, and I have no money for any more for a few months!). Hopefully I'll be adding Deathwatch, Sisters, Grey Knights and various Inquisitors, Priests and Assassins. The unit I'm chosing for doing some conversion work on will be some psyker-powered Zombie Guardsmen to count as Zealots! Hopefully some WIP pics of ISTs in week or so (I paint really slowly.

Good luck to all.

ss_cherubael
03-07-2007, 01:45
@Harry and McMullet: I really shouldnt have bothered correcting you guys in the first place, look where its got me now...roflmao...although if you guys manage to keep it up for even half of the time i will congratulate you.

Onto the point of this thread: I better get started, those Flash Boaters wont paint themselves...On the topic of their Wretch Hanters Oilies, i will probably give them a whole month or two to themselves at some point in the near future once i have a playable marine army.

So come on lads lets kick the snot outta the fantasy guys
"men of the tale of 40k painters, do you want to live forever?"

Verfallen
03-07-2007, 03:31
Hello, I would like to join, entering my desert themed krieg. Everything seems like it will go fine except that there are some months where I will buy something like an 80 dollar russ that only costs 165pts and I won't be able buy anything else. On the other hand There are things that will make it up like 70pt commisars, 2-3 dollar conscripts ect in coming months. I assume this won't be a problem as i'll make it up but if it is, i'll figure something out. well, unless theres a problem, i'll be back in a month with infantry!

Wolfsbane
03-07-2007, 05:31
I have some progress on my Grey Hunter squad, I'll try to get some picks up tomorrow.

SgtKnivek182nd
03-07-2007, 05:50
@ One second of insanity

Great looking terminator, thae armour looks great and the base too i can`t wait to see how the rest come along.

On my own painting front i have my tau base coated and my blood claws base coated too, more pictures tonight when i can use the camera :p

Keep up the good qork every one

Sgt Knivek

Harry
03-07-2007, 05:59
Hello I'm Rhamag (Graham) .
Ohhhhhhhh, it's Graham!!! You'll always be Hagram to me. :D

@Harry and McMullet: I really shouldnt have bothered correcting you guys in the first place, look where its got me now...roflmao...although if you guys manage to keep it up for even half of the time i will congratulate you.
Nothing to do with me mate I genuinely tried to get things straight.

Glad to see theres no hard feelings SOS_Gerbil. :D

Jim Reaper
03-07-2007, 06:41
Hello all,

I'm one of the multitude, plague even, of IG painters who seem to have descended upon this project. Ever since I saw the Cadian Officer model, the one from the command squad with the sneer of cold command, I've been vaguely planning a Guard army composed entirely of infantry, who would be sent at the enemy in wave after wave, most likely getting slaughtered. The command, of course, would get nowhere near the fighting at any time and would peg it if it looked even vaguely like they might have to engage the enemy.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 44th Volanti Rifles...

Doctrines: Independent Commissars, Heavy Weapons Platoons, Conscript Platoons, Stormtroopers, Close Order Drill

Command HQ, Senior Officer and 4 Guardsmen with Standard Bearer
Stormtroopers with Plasma Gun and Meltagun. The Sergeant has the Honorifica Imperialis (I figure he'd be the only guy in the army who really knows what he's doing...)
Commissar (I plan to get one of the shiny new models when they're out)
"A" Platoon: Command Squad plus 4 squads with Autocannon/Grenade Launchers
"B" Platoon: Command Squad plus 4 squads with Missile Launchers/Grenade Launchers
1 & 2 Volunteers: In total 50 Conscripts ("Volunteers" is of course a euphemism)
9 Sentinels, 3 Autocannon, 3 Multilasers, 2 Lascannon
Heavy Weapons Platoon with 3 Mortars, 3 Lascannon, 3 Missile Launchers

In total 188 models (egads). The first month I plan to bring you 10 conscripts, the stormtrooper sergeant, one team from the heavy weapons platoon, and an infantry squad. Wish me luck!

ss_cherubael
03-07-2007, 08:40
Glad to see theres no hard feelings SOS_Gerbil. :D

ok keep pushing me...:skull:

McMullet
03-07-2007, 10:43
Greetings Harry, Spikedog, etc.

I've been lurking here in the forums for about a year and read a dozen project logs a day as part of my routine.

I've recently finished building and primering the Ultramarines 4th Company.

I'd like to enter my 4th Company project into the mix for the motivation factors mentioned before.

By the end I hope to have painted:
six 12-man Tactical squads (including optional ML and Flamer Marines)
two 10-man Assault squads with jump packs
two 10-man Devastator squads (1 with 4 ML, 1 with 4 HB)
two 5-man Terminator squads (1 with 2 AC, 1 with 2 ML)
12 scouts with bolt pistol & CCW
6 scouts with bolters
8 scouts with sniper rifles
4 scouts with HB
1 scout with ML

Independently I'll be working up a Rhino, Razorback, 2xPredator, Whirlwind, LR and LR Crusader.

HQ and major characters will have to come later.

Jon

Welcome aboard Jon. :) That looks like ever-so-slightly more than 2000 points, what will you be painting for the Tale?

Hello, I would like to join, entering my desert themed krieg. Everything seems like it will go fine except that there are some months where I will buy something like an 80 dollar russ that only costs 165pts and I won't be able buy anything else. On the other hand There are things that will make it up like 70pt commisars, 2-3 dollar conscripts ect in coming months. I assume this won't be a problem as i'll make it up but if it is, i'll figure something out. well, unless theres a problem, i'll be back in a month with infantry!

Hi Verfallen, that's fine. As long as you are progressing by an average of 200 points a month then that's fine. So if you paint 150 pts this month, you can make it up by painting 250 next month.

I'll add you both to the list, along with AnkhAngel who will be painting Salamanders Space Marines.

I like the look of that Malcador by the way. Spikedog, you can just add a Baneblade to your army. ;)

spikedog
03-07-2007, 14:13
Come on people, with 30 odd painters you would think we could see a couple more updates a day!

Still I guess as they say, lead by example...

Well I have been playing around with skin tones and while I'm not quite done with these I think I am getting close:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/spikedog_woof/Warhammer/Armoured%20Company/stgrls.jpg

I am fully aware that the middle girl seems way too happy to be in battle and I'm thinking of ways to fix this. Plus I STILL don't know what sort of camo scheme I'm going for.

Also just the skin and face has been worked on, not the hair or head bands etc.

@ McMullet - Well after seeing the plastic pictures of the Baneblade I'm seriously considering it. Plus it could be my final month's super update! If the kit is out by then...

The boyz
03-07-2007, 14:34
Nice start on those female Cadians, Spikedog, the skin tone looks very nice. looking forward to seeing some more updates of your female Cadians.

Doctor Thunder
03-07-2007, 15:14
VERY nice work on those skintones. I'm totally impressed. What's your secret?

Arhalien
03-07-2007, 15:35
Erm McMullet... you're not going to believe this but... I think I've changed my mind again.
I was thinking that a mechanised Guard army wouldn't be the best thing for me to do as I don't like painting vehicles that much, so I was thinking what else I could do. I didn't want to do a carapced guard army as I want to save that for the preatcoat plastics.
So,I've decided to try and do a DH army, stormtrooper heavy, with the Inquisitor that is a main character in the fluff of the carapace army; an inquisitor who has lost his mind and sees Daemons everywhere, comandeering a large part of the military force of Sveln (best name I could think up ;)) and going on a crusade against just about anything they find. I'm thinking about maybe adding in the fact that the Inquisitor sees the forces of Chaos as the loyalists and the forces of the Imperium as Daemon worshipping heretics, and is trying to bring the forces of heresy to justice from the inside.
The army I'll probably do will have him as the subordinate of another Inquisitor at the head of a mainly stormtrooper army with Cadian allies and a few Daemonhosts.
I'll elaborate further later but the main gist of this is:
McMullet, could you change me to DaemonHunters? :angel:

McMullet
03-07-2007, 15:50
*sighs testily*

Arhalien, from now on you owe me a pint for every time you want to change armies. :)

Arhalien
03-07-2007, 15:52
Arhalien, from now on you owe me a pint for every time you want to change armies. :)

Erm, a pint of what? :p

sigur
03-07-2007, 16:04
These female guard troopers are really looking nice. Somehow I can't get rid of the thought that this regiment would look good on IG recruitment posters la "join up and meet me". I guess it's the smiles on their faces.:) But surely a fun and unique army. There have been several attempts at female regiments but this is the best take on that theme I've seen so far.

ice
03-07-2007, 17:24
My name is Ice and I'm GOING to complete 200 points of Blood Angels a month starting this month!

McMullet
03-07-2007, 17:40

Well, I guess we'll never know, since you aren't going to change army again, are you? :)

My name is Ice and I'm GOING to complete 200 points of Blood Angels a month starting this month!

Hello ice. :) I'll add you to the list post haste.

AnkhAngel
03-07-2007, 18:28
I am fully aware that the middle girl seems way too happy to be in battle and I'm thinking of ways to fix this.

Well you could always explain away the facial expresions by making up a doctrine for it. I like "High as a kite" personally.
;)

Blood? :p

Arhalien
03-07-2007, 18:55
Well, I guess we'll never know, since you aren't going to change army again, are you? :)

Erm.... is that a rhetorical question? :p

Blood Red? :p

^Post corrected ;)

AnkhAngel
03-07-2007, 19:13
Lol.

I've now joined the list of participants. I'll be doing a SM Salamander army.

I've already got some of the models I need, but I still need to get some scouts and a command squad.
I've had various semi-made squads kicking around for the best part of 4 months, and I really MUST paint them.

My piece for July is going to be a Master Commander.

penguin663
03-07-2007, 19:51
This is what I want to paint in the next year. Its a what if Death Guard 7th company.

100 marines
-32 with meltaguns/flamers/plasmaguns
-55 with bolters and close combat weapons
-13 with bolter and plague swords
5 rhinos
12 lieutenants
Lord
Typhus
FW: GUO
2 enlarged landraiders
2 bipedal defilers
30 plague zombies
14 plaguebearers
100 nurglings/ half for the GUO base :)

Also I want toname ever model and have background for the lieutenants, lord and company.

Arhalien
03-07-2007, 19:53
Little bit more than 2000pts there Penguin :p

The Super Haggis
03-07-2007, 20:11
This is what I want to paint in the next year. Its a what if Death Guard 7th company.

100 marines
5 rhinos
12 lieutenants
Lord
Typhus
2 enlarged landraiders
2 bipedal defilers
30 plague zombies
14 plaguebearers

Also I want toname ever model and have background for the lieutenants, lord and company.

Sounds ambitious but awesome! I love how you're going to name all your guys and have a strong background!

Good luck,

Nick.

P.S. Also from Edinburgh I see!:D

One_Second_of_Insanity
03-07-2007, 23:07
@spikedog, I know I may be late in response but those skin tones look really nice. Thanks for the comments on the Terminator guys, the rest of the squad is coming along well (but not pretty to look at ATM). If anyone wants I can post a step by step for next month when I paint another squad.

Rogue 7
04-07-2007, 01:33
Hello, I'm Rogue 7, real name Dan, and I'm the only pure Tau player here! :P This month, I've got 6 fire warriors and a devilfish to finish a mechanized squad, and then I need to place a large order for models. It'll probably be a hammerhead, then a few crisis/stealth suits. I'll probably take a joker in September, seeing as I'm starting college. University of Rochester. Should end up with a nice force when I'm done.

Catferret
04-07-2007, 01:44
Just popping by to check on how folks are doing over here. Keeping a close watch on Silvereye. He's had that titan for over a year now! It's only recently been built! Lazy git... ;)

Good luck to everybody and feel free to check out the Fantasy thread! :)

Althanan
04-07-2007, 02:18
I'd like to tentatively put my name into the list here... not sure which army of mine I'm going to enter just yet, though. Probably my Guard army, but that's not a definite as of yet, as my Marines may get the call as well.

PMTN
04-07-2007, 10:16
Almost finished with my first lot, i have to get it done before i go on holiday so i better get to it.

I am just pulling apart a old play station controller now. Intrigued? i bet you are.

Pictures up by tomorrow!

100 marines
5 rhinos
12 lieutenants
Lord
Typhus
2 enlarged landraiders
2 bipedal defilers
30 plague zombies
14 plaguebearers
100 nurglings/ half for the GUO base

This is crazy, i can't wait to see what you do with this. I would wait for the new zombies for vampire counts to come out before you do anything on the zombies however. Can't wait to see the GUO.

McMullet
04-07-2007, 10:28

100 marines
5 rhinos
12 lieutenants
Lord
Typhus
2 enlarged landraiders
2 bipedal defilers
30 plague zombies
14 plaguebearers

That's a fair bit... :eek:

Do you want to pick a 2000 point army from that as your "Tale" army? Or shall I just put you down for 15 Death Guard armies instead of one? :p

I'd like to tentatively put my name into the list here... not sure which army of mine I'm going to enter just yet, though. Probably my Guard army, but that's not a definite as of yet, as my Marines may get the call as well.

Drop me a PM when you decide and put you on the list. :)

penguin663
04-07-2007, 12:24
After some thinking and McMullets advice I am only going to use the following for the tale the rest will go into a painting log. This is rougly 2000pts.

typhus
6 squads of 7 with melta/flamers/plasma guns
2 defilers
GUO
4 rhinos
loads of Nurglings
14 plague bearers

PMTN
04-07-2007, 16:36
Not wanting to spam up the log with pictures here is a link to my "log"

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91142

Where you can get some close ups.

But i have finished my months painting.

Didn't take me long all in all. About 1/2 hour for each warrior and a hour a piece for the destroyers. I know way over the actual points we should have done. But i am on my holidays and i am not going to be painting anyway near as much next month as i am on two different holidays starting on Friday! Hopefully i will get a tan though.

Oh and here are two pictures of my work, see you guys in a month!:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/eldrad36/40k013.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/eldrad36/40k012.jpg

McMullet
04-07-2007, 16:47
Wow, quick work! I will be opening an official July 2007 submissions thread for the end of the month, if you'll be away then I can post the pictures on your behalf if you like. Also, could you give us a breakdown of what you've posted so I can keep track of the points? :)

I really love the damaged Necrons. I'm not a huge fan of Necron armies in general as they look a bit dull, with the same models over and over, but you've really managed to the make these guys look individual whilst maintaining (reinforcing, even) the character of the army. Very cool. Although the guy wearing a Space Marine helmet is a bit... whu? :confused: :p

The Super Haggis
04-07-2007, 16:52
Heh, the one with the Space Marine head brings to mind C3-PO in Episode 2 when he gets a battle droids head!:D

Nice work tho', like McMullet I always found Necrons a bit dull but yours are excellent! Well done!

Cheers,

Nick.

P.S. I can't believe you're finished already!:mad:

PMTN
04-07-2007, 18:23
Wow, quick work! I will be opening an official July 2007 submissions thread for the end of the month, if you'll be away then I can post the pictures on your behalf if you like. Also, could you give us a breakdown of what you've posted so I can keep track of the points?

Yep, well i had to get these done quickly as im not going to have the time later on. I should be here by then, but thx anyway.

Oh yea and a quick break down

C'tan deciever 300
Warriors x10
Warriors x10 - DONE
Destroyers x5 - DONE
Destroyers x5
Scarabs x9
Monolith
Heavy Destroyers x6

Then another 5x Destroyers. For interchangeability.

Heh, the one with the Space Marine head brings to mind C3-PO in Episode 2 when he gets a battle droids head!

Nice work tho', like McMullet I always found Necrons a bit dull but yours are excellent! Well done!

Hit the nail on the 'ead, this was my inspiration for that model. It still think he looks a little confused, despite the dodge paint job.

thx for the compliment!

P.S. I can't believe you're finished already!

Also i have done a unit of knights and handgunners for the fantasy side, a unit of dryads, a treeman and a GK terminator squad and i have still gone out drinking every night this last week.

Not that i like to brag. Got to love the end of exams ;) Still back to (real) work after my holidays.

Arhalien
04-07-2007, 18:25
Drop me a PM when you decide and put you on the list. :)

He doesn;t have to give you a pint! Is this favouratism I see McMullet? :mad:

;)

Norsehawk
04-07-2007, 21:08
no picture update yet, as far as the malcador goes, I have the demolisher cannon attached, the body (except the top and the heavy bolters glued together) the trench rails on, I need to do the engine cover probably in plasticard, the one that came with it is a pretty messed up mold, the inside edges of the engine cover for example are far from straight, and it is pretty bent up. still need to attach the fuel cans, and use some heat to make the hose attach to the tank (its out about 1/5th of an inch) attach exhaust, do the top doors and the guy on top.

What I am working on right now is on the side sponsons, planning on making them magnetized so i can swap between the heavy bolters/lascannons/heavy flamers easily

Its a really great looking model, but those looking to convert from a standard russ are gonna have some trouble, its a good 3ish inches longer than a russ. There were some world war 1 tanks you could get, that if you could get them in the proper size would be a much better starting point.

Norsehawk
04-07-2007, 22:09
Well, got the weapons magnetized, and I even succeeded in getting all the magnets going the right way too
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/IMG_0603.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/IMG_0604.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/IMG_0605.jpg

and the messed up hatch:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/IMG_0610.jpg

Agamemnon2
04-07-2007, 22:13
Egads, the engine hatch casting looks horrible, the inner seam is zigzagging like mad. I'm beginning to see what all the FW criticism is about. My Thudd Gun was a pretty rough cast as well.

Norsehawk
04-07-2007, 22:28
one of the mufflers for my malcador is off really bad as well, to the point that I am probably not gonna bother trying to fix it (its a good 1/8th of an inch off on one end, and looks like the mold was seperated at the end, the other is pretty good so I am probably gonna put some stowage or other stuff in the spot where the other muffler would go.

Baron_Konrad
04-07-2007, 22:39
Time for My First Uppdate!

This will be the first Warhammer army i have ever done!
So my painting will proberly not be as nice as the rest of you!

The army of my choice will be: Dark Angels.

Im not going to stick to a army list, but rather paint what i think will suit the army and its theme!

First Month:

Veteran Squad
Veteran Sergeant
Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol
1 Veteran With Plasma Pistol And Combat Sheild
1 Veteran With Multi-Melta
2 Veterans With Bolters
145 Pts

Ravenwing Support Squadron
1 Land Speeder With Heavy Bolter
65 Pts

Total Points: 210 Pts
I'm trying to stay within +/- 10% of 200 pts!

athedrivein
05-07-2007, 02:14
looking good there mate

cpt.skara
05-07-2007, 03:13
ok..... so here is my krieg list

based out of AI5 book or IG codex (cant decide)

HQ ( my entry for july )
-senior
-vox
-banner-stubber team

3 autocannon team
3 las cannon team
3 heavy bolter team

commisar ( going to be a conversion and my july entry)

3 heavy mortors
3 thudd guns

platoon hq
10 man w/plasma ( dont know how im gonna pull it off with no figure available)
10 man same as above

platoon hq
10 man
10 man

20 death riders ( yup 20!)
hell hound

now as far as heavys goes im a little confused on what i should do, so feed back would be nice. my thoughts where 2 seige cannons and a bombard, or 2 russes and a bombard , or 2 seige cannons and a russ. OR!!!!! the list above but based on standard gaurd codex and use 3 thunderbolts for air support (according to AI1 they are HS choices) i thought it might be neat to see air support rather then the everyday tank.

comments anyone?

Thoth62
05-07-2007, 03:22
So I think that after much deliberation, I will be throwing my hat in the ring. I haven't made a final decision on an army list as of yet, but I will be buying/assembling/painting a 2000 pt space marine list. It is a chapter of my own devising called the Brotherhood of Iron. There will be more details to follow, but the hope is that I can start off with just a couple of models this month, namely a Jump Pack Chaplain, and a Land Speeder Tornado. I will update as the list develops. This should be fun!

Althanan
05-07-2007, 03:46
I think I'm going to officially toss my hat in as well, with my 27th Cadian Heavy Infantry. Now I've just got to figure out how to pare down the 2,500 pt list I made last night down to 2k :rolleyes:

WIP shots of some Hardened Vets soonish, maybe tommorow.

ice
05-07-2007, 07:23
So my Ba army is coming along nicely this month.
for the end of july i will have one full tac sqaud finished (or two 5 man combat sqauds) plus some work on other various BA models!
(check my sig for the link)

Agamemnon2
05-07-2007, 08:41
one of the mufflers for my malcador is off really bad as well, to the point that I am probably not gonna bother trying to fix it (its a good 1/8th of an inch off on one end, and looks like the mold was seperated at the end, the other is pretty good so I am probably gonna put some stowage or other stuff in the spot where the other muffler would go.

Well, my first Forgeworld order will most definitely be my last as well, I've had nothing but grief with my thudd gun as well. For one thing, one of the wheels is so soft I can warp it with my fingers. I am utterly disappointed in their products and cannot justify the expense to anyone.

I'm waiting with dread what fatal defects the Malcador will have.

McMullet
05-07-2007, 10:49
He doesn;t have to give you a pint! Is this favouratism I see McMullet? :mad:

;)

That's the difference between changing your mind and not making it up.

Just for that, you owe me your first pint. *makes tally*

Veteran Squad
Veteran Sergeant
Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol
1 Veteran With Plasma Pistol And Combat Sheild
1 Veteran With Multi-Melta
2 Veterans With Bolters
145 Pts

Ravenwing Support Squadron
1 Land Speeder With Heavy Bolter
65 Pts

Total Points: 210 Pts

My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen: Look at this post and learn. Your monthly updates should all look like this. Baron_Konrad, you may have a cookie.

Arhalien! Go and get Baron_Konrad a cookie.

So I think that after much deliberation, I will be throwing my hat in the ring. I haven't made a final decision on an army list as of yet, but I will be buying/assembling/painting a 2000 pt space marine list. It is a chapter of my own devising called the Brotherhood of Iron. There will be more details to follow, but the hope is that I can start off with just a couple of models this month, namely a Jump Pack Chaplain, and a Land Speeder Tornado. I will update as the list develops. This should be fun!

Thoth62, Space Marines, on the list. :)

I think I'm going to officially toss my hat in as well, with my 27th Cadian Heavy Infantry. Now I've just got to figure out how to pare down the 2,500 pt list I made last night down to 2k :rolleyes:

WIP shots of some Hardened Vets soonish, maybe tommorow.

Excellent. Don't worry too much about chopping the list down, if you like you can paint an extra 4-500 points as a "sideboard" if you like - if you don't play any jokers and hit the 200 point target every month for the next year. All you have to do is choose a 2000 point list to be considered for the prizes and suchlike at the end of the project.

Well, my first Forgeworld order will most definitely be my last as well, I've had nothing but grief with my thudd gun as well. For one thing, one of the wheels is so soft I can warp it with my fingers. I am utterly disappointed in their products and cannot justify the expense to anyone.

I'm waiting with dread what fatal defects the Malcador will have.

I've generally found FW stuff to be OK. If it's really bad then I recommend you phone them and ask for a replacement, they're generally pretty good about it.

Arhalien
05-07-2007, 10:50
That's the difference between changing your mind and not making it up.

Just for that, you owe me your first pint. *makes tally*

Note to self: Stay away from Southampton :p

You still haven;t told me what it's supposed to be a pint of! ;)

Catferret
05-07-2007, 12:51
cpt.skara: BOMBARD!!!! Do it! You just gotta! Kabooooom! :evilgrin:

Agamemnon2
05-07-2007, 13:32
I've generally found FW stuff to be OK. If it's really bad then I recommend you phone them and ask for a replacement, they're generally pretty good about it.

I intend to seek replacements as soon as the second half of my order arrives (so I don't have to make two separate lists of grievances), but even at best of conditions, those replacements' arrival will mean another week of waiting around doing nothing.

Call me old fashioned, but I like getting my stuff useable out of the box. Since FW products are packed by hand, I don't see an excuse for the kind of utter failures I'm seeing.

The Super Haggis
05-07-2007, 13:34
I agree, take a Bombard!

@ PMTN - Don't suppose you want a Monolith, as I have one that I don't want. PM sent with more details.

Cheers,

Nick.

Baron_Konrad
05-07-2007, 14:15
:D Cookies

Arhalien
05-07-2007, 14:29
:D Cookies

Erm, sorry? :confused:

oh, just read Mcmullet's post.
Ermm, since when have I been your servant Mcmullet! :mad:

PMTN
05-07-2007, 15:46
@ PMTN - Don't suppose you want a Monolith, as I have one that I don't want. PM sent with more details

Super Haggis had just agreed to send a monolith in trade for a few empire odds and ends.

So my next months post will be dedicated to the Haggis man in all his glory.

thx dude.

The Super Haggis
05-07-2007, 17:09
Cheers man, tis no trouble (though you can still dedicate it to me:D;)).

Nick.

Althanan
05-07-2007, 22:31
Excellent. Don't worry too much about chopping the list down, if you like you can paint an extra 4-500 points as a "sideboard" if you like - if you don't play any jokers and hit the 200 point target every month for the next year. All you have to do is choose a 2000 point list to be considered for the prizes and suchlike at the end of the project.

Arighty, I'll dash up a 2k version of the list... probably just chop out a Demolisher and the Hellhounds and see what needs to be done from there...

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-07-2007, 23:48
McMullet Atm im down for marines n Dark eldar can i change it to Eldar n dark eldar?
Edit:ill post my army lists later today when i have worked them out:D

Rhamag
06-07-2007, 00:46
Just realised there's only about 622 hours til the deadline! I'd better get some painting done...

skidrow
06-07-2007, 01:28
Hey guys, my name is Wayne A.K.A Skidrow and I am doing a DIY marine army for this little tale. I've decided to call my chapter Ghost Templars and will be using the traits "See but Don't be seen" and "Trust your Battle Brothers" with the "Eye to Eye" and "We Stand Alone" drawbacks.
I'll include a pic of my first mini for you to get an idea of the colour scheme I'll be using. Not 100% happy with this guy but can't afford to muck around too much with the little time I get. Thanks for looking. Oh and good luck everyone :D

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/skidrow_07/060707a.jpg http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/skidrow_07/060707.jpg

Norsehawk
06-07-2007, 01:31
You aren't happy with that scheme Skidrow? damn, that looks awesome!

skidrow
06-07-2007, 01:41
You aren't happy with that scheme Skidrow? damn, that looks awesome!

Cheers Norsehawk. I'm fairly happy with the paint job and everything it's just the chapter symbol and the squad marking that look like they are missing something. Maybe should have outlined them with white or silver or something. But thanks for the response anyway. :D

Arch-Traitor Horus
06-07-2007, 01:42
Just realised there's only about 622 hours til the deadline! I'd better get some painting done...

Dont worry i still need to go buy some minis:D

Here is my first try at an eldar list is it anygood?
HQ:
Farseer: Doom, Fortune, Singing Spear, spirit stones 133pts
3x Warlocks: 3x Singing Spears: 84pts

TROOPS:
11 Guardians: 2xflammers Warlock: 115pts
Wave serpent: Star cannons Shuriken cannon 135pts
10 guardians: Bright lance:110pts
10 Guardians: Missile Launcher: 100pts
5x Pathfinders: 120pts
5x Pathfinders: 120pts
3x Jet bikes: 1 Shuriken cannon 76pts

FAST ATTACK
5x Shining Spears: Exarch Withdraw & skilled Rider 222pts
2x Viper: bright lance 150pts
Viper: Bright Lance:75pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Wraithlord: Shuriken cannon Flamers: 110pts
2x War walkers:2x Shuriken cannon: 80pts
2x war walkers: 2x Starcannons: 180pts

65pts left over what Physic powers should I give the Warlocks?

Althanan
06-07-2007, 03:40
And now, my entry... a long-ignored IG project of mine.

The fluff:

The 27th Cadian Heavy Infantry Brigade (currently attached to the 110th Cadian Regiment) is a force trained specifically for urban combat, although they have proved themselves on other fronts as well. They rely heavily on the use of more elite elements, especially Grenadiers and specially-trained units of Veterans. Commanded by the venerable General Tier Korba, they have won honour in many theatres, and played a crucial role in the defense of Cadia herself during Abbadon's most recent crusade.

This detachment, the 2nd Battalion, is commanded by Lord Colonel Hiram Castor, and stays heavily in the general tactics of the regiment. Currently based in the capitol city of the planet of Altir, a world who's cities are currently threatened by one of the remaining splinters of Abbadon's legions, casualties to his more elite elements have forced some recruiting out of the planet's PDF forces.

The army list:

Doctrines: Grenadiers, Veterans, Hardened Fighters, Carapace Armour, Sharpshooters

HQ:
Command Squad (HF, CA, SS, Frags)
-Colonel Castor (HSO, Master-crafted Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, , Refractor Field)
-Regimental Std Bearer
-Master Vox-caster
-Missile Launcher Team

Elites:
Hardened Veterans (HF, CA, Frags & Kraks)
-Vet Sgt (Shotgun, Power Weapon)
-6 Vets (Shotguns, 1 w/ Vox-caster)
-3 Special Weapon Vets (Meltas)

Hardened Vets (HF, CA, Frags)
-Vet Sgt (Bolter, Power Weapon)
-4 Vets (Lasguns, 1 w/ Vox-caster)
-3 Special Weapon Vets (Plasmaguns)
-Missile Launcher Team

Hardened Vets (HF, CA, Frags)
-Vet Sgt (Bolter, Power Weapon)
-4 Vets (Lasguns, 1 w/ Vox-caster)
-3 Special Weapon Vets (Plasmaguns)
-Missile Launcher Team

Troops:
Grenadiers (HF)
-Vet Sgt (Power Weapon)
-7 Grenadiers, 1 w/ Vox-caster
-2 Special Weapon Grenadiers (Meltas)

Grenadiers (HF)
-Vet Sgt (Power Weapon)
-2 Special Weapon Grenadiers (Plasmaguns)

Grenadiers (HF)
-Vet Sgt (Power Weapon)
-2 Special Weapon Grenadiers (Flamers)

Infantry Platoon (HF, CA, SS, Frags)
Command Squad
-JO (BP, Power Weapon)
-4 Special Weapon Troopers (2 Meltas, 2 Plasma)
1st Squad
-7 Troopers (1 w/ Vox-caster)
-Grenade Launcher
-Autocannon Team
2nd Squad
-7 Troopers (1 w/ Vox-caster)
-Grenade Launcher
-Autocannon Team

Sentinel Squadron
3 Cadian-Pattern Sentinels (Extra Armour)

Leman Russ Demolisher (Hull Lascannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour, Track Guards, Rough Terrain Mod, Pintle Heavy Stubber)

Leman Russ Demolisher (Hull Lascannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour, Track Guards, Rough Terrain Mod, Pintle Heavy Stubber)

Comes out to a neat 1,996 by my calculations.

Input on the list is welcome, BTW.

Anyhow, the pics relevant to this month's progress. All shown is WIP at this point.

The first five hardened vets, complete with my first attempt at camo:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o40/Yen-lo-wang/Warhammer%2040k/paintLog054.jpg

Closeup of a Vet:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o40/Yen-lo-wang/Warhammer%2040k/paintLog053.jpg

Infantry Platoon Command Squad:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o40/Yen-lo-wang/Warhammer%2040k/paintLog055.jpg

Infantry Platoon First Squad:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o40/Yen-lo-wang/Warhammer%2040k/paintLog056.jpg

Comments/criticism welcome and appreciated...

Thoth62
06-07-2007, 04:47
Neato. There's some good looking stuff here. Sadly, I'm completely indisposed this weekend, but if all goes according to plan, I should be able to start painting early next week. When I have more time, I'll post an army list. Cheers guys, I look forward to participating in this.

One_Second_of_Insanity
06-07-2007, 07:46
Well my brushes are getting a workout this weekend, hopefully finish the squad and that takes me to my monthly total (well 50pts over). It helps when there are only 5 models to make up 250pts :D.

I may be making some terrain to go with the army we'll see how it goes with the tale

Arch-Traitor Horus
06-07-2007, 09:02
Here is MY dark eldar list
HQ
Achron: agonizer splinter pistol combat drugs hellion skyboard shadow field haywire grenades: 121 pts

Dracon: agonizer splinter pistol combat drugs plasma grenades 83pts
Retinue: 8xIncubi 1 blaster: Raider: 265pts

ELITIES
10 wyches. Succubus agonizer, wych weapons 1 Blaster Raider 218pts

TROOPS
10x Warriors 2x dark lances 100pts
10x Warriors 2x dark lances 100pts
Raider Squad: 8x warriors 1xSplinter cannon ,sybarite Power weapon
Webway Portal 140pts
Raider Squad: 8x warriors 1xSplinter cannon ,sybarite Power weapon
Webway Portal 140pts

FAST ATTACK
10x Hellions: 180pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravanger:3x Dark lances:105pts
Ravanger:3x Disintegrators :120pts

cookiescrumble
06-07-2007, 09:11
Very nice so far people.

I honestly forgot all about this :rolleyes:.

For my first month I'll go for a couple of Infantry Squads, comes to just under 200pts but should be ok. One squad had an Autocannon and Grenade Launcher, the other has a Flamer and Heavy Bolter, which will become an armoured fist squad.

I'll get some pics done over the weekend.

Harry
06-07-2007, 10:36
Skidrow. That is the sexiest space marine I have ever seen.

cyphertheory
06-07-2007, 10:59
i bet your wife would be slightly concerned to read that statment harry ;)

but you are right, well done skidrow, good work there, i like the base as well, maybe a how to?

Baron_Konrad
06-07-2007, 12:48
My first two Veterans!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v308/lovesinvain/Hemligt/?action=view&current=First.jpg

Norsehawk
06-07-2007, 12:57
Well, got the Malcador all accessorized (as far as I am going on it) and its drying from its wash right now, now to think about what to do for my other army I am working on. the Red Corsairs.

Aenarion
06-07-2007, 14:29
So here I am (Been on holiday) I'm the one that will be painting a Wild Riders host for the Eldar. I have no set list for this army just yet, as I don't want any of those old jetbikes I'd rather wait untill some new ones come out and then add them on. So you may well probably be seeing lots of Dire Avengers/Aspects with Transports untill then. I just need to pick up some paints next week and some new brushes then I'll have a test up for you.

Glurf
06-07-2007, 17:03
Worked out a beta armylist:D

HQ:

Epistolary, BP, Familiar, Iron Halo, FotA. 160

Epistolary, Term Armor, Storm Bolter, FotA. 154

Terminator Command Squad, 2 AC. 200

Elites:

Inquisitor, Psycannon. 55

Terminator Squad, 2 HF. 220

Venerable Dreadnought, EA, SL, ML. 143

Troops:

10 Tactical Marines, Plas, Las. 175

10 Inq Stormtroopers, 2 Plas. 120

10 Inq Stormtroopers, 2 Plas. 120

Heavy Support:

10 Devastors, 4 HB. 210

10 Devastors. 4 ML. 230

Total: 2312

Need to get started on some painting >_>

Edit: There'll also be some veterans who will double as sgts / commanders / Vet Squad.

Arhalien
06-07-2007, 18:16
Erm, since everyone seems to be posting armylists, here is my pre-codex-buying-scribbled-down-rough-guesstimate listtm

HQ
OM Inquisitor lord. Master Crafted Thunderhammer, Storm shield (if DH can take them), artificer armour.
3 combat servitors
3 acolytes
In a Land Raid Crusader with extra armour and smoke

OM Inquisitor lord. Power Weapon, Scourging, Holocaust, bolt pistol
familiar
comat servitor
2 acolytes
Mystic
In a rhino with Extra armour and Smoke

Elites
OM Inq. Psycannon, power weapon
3 Heavy Bolter servitors
Sage

Daemonhost
Daemonhost

Troops
10 Inq. Stormtroopers, 2 plasma guns, vet sgt with pw
10 Inq. Stormtroopers, 2 plasma guns, vet sgt with pw
10 Inq. Stormtroopers, 2 melta guns, vet sgt with Thunderhammer
In a rhino with extra armour and smoke
10 Inq. Stormtroopers, 2 melta guns, vet sgt with Thunderhammer
In a rhino with extra armour and smoke

Heavy support
Land Raider with Extra Armour and smoke

That is probably somewhere slightly under the 2k point mark using guesstimate values.
The Stormtroopers will be the Kasrkin models.

My first month (August) will be the first ST squad and a Daemonhost

jon23516
06-07-2007, 18:33
Welcome aboard Jon. :) That looks like ever-so-slightly more than 2000 points, what will you be painting for the Tale?

Only about 2000 points of it. 2 of 6 Tacticals, 1 of 2 Assault, etc.

It will work out. It's all about painting motivation, right?

Jon

Althanan
06-07-2007, 19:47
Nice Radical list Arhalien. The Thunderhammers on those two ST sarges is a nice touch, one I'd never really considered before.

Glurf
06-07-2007, 19:58
Nice Radical list Arhalien. The Thunderhammers on those two ST sarges is a nice touch, one I'd never really considered before.

Gotta love TH, they're way underused for sgts. Don't they cost the same as PF's for DH anyway? brb when i find the codex...

Edit; Yup, they cost the same, atleast in my print of Codex Deamonhunters. Doesn't make sense at all..

Aquilla
06-07-2007, 20:45
Good luck to all particpants!

@Skidrow: Unless you want to use an extra disadvantage you only have to use "eye to eye".

AnkhAngel
06-07-2007, 23:26
Erm, since everyone seems to be posting armylists, here is my pre-codex-buying-scribbled-down-rough-guesstimate listtm

HQ
OM Inquisitor lord. Master Crafted Thunderhammer, Storm shield (if DH can take them), artificer armour.
3 combat servitors
3 acolytes
In a Land Raid Crusader with extra armour and smoke

Thunder hammer ay? Why not spend 5 points more, and make it a Daemonhammer? Same as a thunderhammer, but when in CC with a daemon, you strike in initiative order.

Daemonhost
Daemonhost

RADICAL!! HERETIC!! EXCOMUNICATE!! :skull: :p

Gotta love TH, they're way underused for sgts. Don't they cost the same as PF's for DH anyway? brb when i find the codex...

Edit; Yup, they cost the same, atleast in my print of Codex Deamonhunters. Doesn't make sense at all..

Yeah, now that's kind of a funny way to dish out point costs wouldn't you say?

You can either have a powerfist or a much better powerfist for the same points. :wtf:
Not that I'm complaining about it being 5 pts cheaper than for SM. My biggest gripe about the thunder hammer was how much it added up in points when I kitted out every character in my Salamander army with one :P

AnkhAngel
06-07-2007, 23:29
*double post* my bad.

Meticulous
06-07-2007, 23:34
I guess I'll join the crowd. I dearly need some motivation, anyway XD.

2,000 pt. Space Wolves 13th Company: Shadows of Orphan VII. Nothing too fancy, just umpteen quantities of power-armored, high-attack marines. Should be fun.

skidrow
07-07-2007, 09:58
Skidrow. That is the sexiest space marine I have ever seen.
Thanks Harry. Probably not the effect I was hoping for but whatever floats your boat :D

i bet your wife would be slightly concerned to read that statment harry ;)

but you are right, well done skidrow, good work there, i like the base as well, maybe a how to?
Thanks mate. The bases are resin bases that I got from an Ebay store calle Back-to-baseix or something like that. They are an Australian supplier and I can totally recommend them to anyone. Have a look here (http://stores.ebay.com.au/Back-to-Base-ix) to see their site.

Good luck to all particpants!

@Skidrow: Unless you want to use an extra disadvantage you only have to use "eye to eye".
Aquilla you are totally correct. I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. :) Shows how much planning went into this little army doesn't it. Doesn't really matter anyway because I don't plan on using allies anyway so it's no biggie but thanks for pointing it out.

Venomizer
07-07-2007, 10:01
looks like I'd best start painting (I'm slow so the first coats of green and the coat of brown for the bone to sit on will take a day)

anyway, my first months project is

4x Destroyers
200pts

hopefully I'll have pics of my WIP's up tomorrow or monday evening...............need to get the elder to plug in the digi cam lead

Arhalien
07-07-2007, 10:17
Thunder hammer ay? Why not spend 5 points more, and make it a Daemonhammer? Same as a thunderhammer, but when in CC with a daemon, you strike in initiative order.

I don;t have the codex yet, but I'll definitely consider adding that, as I think I may have assumed that the Thunderhammer was what the Daemonhammer actually is; I'd assume 25 pts for the DHammer if the THammer and PF are the same cost (unless I've got the PF wrong)

RADICAL!! HERETIC!! EXCOMUNICATE!! :skull: :p

Hehe, believe, me, the heresy gets worse as I continue the story of the Inquisitor with the Psycannon; heresy doesn;t cover it ;)

McMullet
07-07-2007, 10:58
I guess I'll join the crowd. I dearly need some motivation, anyway XD.

2,000 pt. Space Wolves 13th Company: Shadows of Orphan VII. Nothing too fancy, just umpteen quantities of power-armored, high-attack marines. Should be fun.

Excellent, you're added to the list. :)

Now chaps, the Tale of Painters is of this moment at 99 participants. Who wants to sign up and make it 100? :angel:

spikedog
07-07-2007, 11:05
MuMullet, Harry has been saying it is over 100 now?

My work has unfortuantly ground to a halt at the moment as I am missing a key paint to start on the girl's armour and clothes. Aswell as missing the arms for the remaining 4 models. All the faces are done on the first 6 girls though.

Aquilla
07-07-2007, 11:12
I must admit I could help noticing staight away, simply because I use that combination all the time!

McMullet
07-07-2007, 11:48
MuMullet, Harry has been saying it is over 100 now?

He has, but I disagree. I may have missed a 40K painter but my Excel Spreadsheet says 43 as does the list on page 1. Harry has 56. Maybe we could come up with a new numbering system where 56+43=100. :p

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway! I'm sure we'll hit 100 soon enough. :)

In other news: Some of you may have read the following in the Fantasy Painters' thread:

...ON THAT NOTE I WILL TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO LET YOU KNOW I WILL, IN NO SMALL PART DUE TO THE IDEA, ENTHUSIASM AND ABILITIES OF 'NINESWORDS' (WARSEER MEMBER) BE PRODUCING "WARLORDS" A NEW MONTHLY WEBZINE DEDICATED TO THIS PROJECT. IT WILL BRING TOGETHER THE PAINTING, THE BACKGROUND, THE TUTORIALS, ETC, ETC. THAT THIS PROJECT GENERATES (INTO ONE AN DOWNLOADABLE PDF).
I HOPE THIS DEVELOPMENT MEETS WITH EVERYONES APPROVAL.
THIS WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY BE SPLIT AGAIN INTO "FANTASY WARLORDS" AND '40K WARLORDS'

Now, making the WHFB version of this is going to plenty of work for Harry and Nineswords, so they'll be concentrating on that. That leaves us to take care of the 40K side. We will be able to use the same templates and (unless someone has a desperately wonderful alternative) I reckon "40K Warlords" would be a good name. However, I could do with one (or preferably more) helpers to assist with the collecting of these articles.

Applications on a postcard please. :)

Glurf
07-07-2007, 12:58
Warlords seems so fantasy, what about "Commissar"? >_>

Crazed_monkey
07-07-2007, 13:46
Oops I almost forgot I signed up for this :D

Anyway, the army I'll be building / painting will be a nice simple cadian force with minimal conversions (because when I try to convert squads I go over the top and the unit never looks coherent).

Heres my first crack at a guard list so it may be a little rough(need an idea for my last doctrine point):

Doctrines;
Close order drill
Iron discipline
Veterans
Special weapons squad
????

H.Q.

Command Platoon: 377pts

Command squad;
Senior officer
Medic
autocannon team
standard bearer

Anti tank support squad;
3x lascannons

Fire support squad;
1x heavy bolter
2x autocannon

Mortar support squad;
3x mortars

TROOPS

150th platoon: 234pts

Command squad;
junior officer
2x flamers
medic

Infantry squad 1;
missile launcher
grenade launcher

Infantry squad 2;
missile launcher
grenade launcher

160th platoon: 234pts

Command squad;
junior officer
2x flamers
medic

Infantry squad 1;
missile launcher
grenade launcher

Infantry squad 2;
missile launcher
grenade launcher

Armoured fist squad: 167pts
plasma gun
Chimera;
multi-laser
hull heavy bolter
heavy stubber

Armoured fist squad: 163pts
flamer
Chimera;
multi-laser
hull heavy bolter
heavy stubber

ELITES

Hardened veterans: 191pts
5x shotguns
3x plasma gun
Chimera;
multi-laser
hull heavy bolter
heavy stubber

Hardened veterans: 191pts
5x shotguns
3x meltagun
Chimera;
multi-laser
hull heavy bolter
heavy stubber

HEAVY SUPPORT

Leman Russ Demolisher: 155pts
hull mounted heavy bolter

Leman Russ Battle Tank: 155pts
hull mounted lascannon

Basilisk: 125pts
indirect fire

It is in no way solid and looking at it now theres a few things I might change. I may take out the armoured fists for some fast attack choices / superheavy tank.

Onto the painting, I've done a unit of guard in the scheme I'm going for but I'm undecided on how to base them (maybe urban) and whether on not to hihglight the black armour.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z223/rdalry12/IM000409.jpg

I'm impressed by the other armies I've seen so far, can't wait to see your malcador painted Norsehawk. I was thinking of getting one of them but since you have one I may have to one up you and go for a Macharius ;)

Thanks and good luck everyone.

AnkhAngel
07-07-2007, 13:52
I don;t have the codex yet, but I'll definitely consider adding that, as I think I may have assumed that the Thunderhammer was what the Daemonhammer actually is; I'd assume 25 pts for the DHammer if the THammer and PF are the same cost (unless I've got the PF wrong).

The Powerfist and Thunder hammer are both 25pts. But the Daemonhammer is 30pts, due to it's special ability. (Also, you can only have one per army).

Hehe, believe, me, the heresy gets worse as I continue the story of the Inquisitor with the Psycannon; heresy doesn;t cover it ;)

Good, good, A little bit of heresy is good for the soul. :angel:

On a side note: What would you all consider an acceptable amount to be over 2000pts?
I'm trying to write up an army list atm.

McMullet
07-07-2007, 14:22
Warlords seems so fantasy, what about "Commissar"? >_>

Warlord does crop up in 40K - Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka for example. Plus, Commissar is ever-so-slightly Guard specific. ;)

That's just my 2p though, thanks for the suggestion. If anyone else likes it (or has other ideas) then feel free to chip in. :)

Incidentally, Rich123 has offered to help out with layout and graphics for our side as well, even though he's playing Fantasy too.

On a side note: What would you all consider an acceptable amount to be over 2000pts?
I'm trying to write up an army list atm.

Feel free to write up a 2000-2500 point list. If you end up painting over 2000 (i.e., if you don;t need to play any jokers), then all we ask is that you choose a 2000 point list for consideration as your contribution at the end. :)

AnkhAngel
07-07-2007, 14:34
Feel free to write up a 2000-2500 point list. If you end up painting over 2000 (i.e., if you don;t need to play any jokers), then all we ask is that you choose a 2000 point list for consideration as your contribution at the end. :)

Righto.

Just so you know McMullet, I've changed my mind about doing Salamanders. I'll still be doing Space Marines but now I'll be doing my new DIY chapter the 'Angels of the Ankh'.

Glurf
07-07-2007, 14:41
Warlord does crop up in 40K - Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka for example. Plus, Commissar is ever-so-slightly Guard specific. ;)

Not saying it's nonexistant in 40k, but it does sound more fantasy:ish.

Rich 123
07-07-2007, 14:52
@ Crazed Monkey: Nice looking guardsmen judging from that picture. With reference to your black armour though: I think definitely highlight it. All it will take at its simplest, is running the edge of your brush along the raised parts with some Codex Grey. Won't take long and will make the armour pop a bit more.

I did offer to help out with the layout and any imagery needed, even though I am in the Fantasy part, up until now I've been in to 40k and have plenty of imagery for backgrounds that fits 40k and plenty of knowledge in inDesign. What with my being a recently graduated graphic designer I have no work ;)

To the name of it, if not Warlord then what about WarMaster? Not much more 40k than the title the Arch-Traitor held, without being maybe a bit too race-specific, is there?

Dicky

Ornithoticus
07-07-2007, 15:06
@ Crazed Monkey: Nice looking guardsmen judging from that picture. With reference to your black armour though: I think definitely highlight it. All it will take at its simplest, is running the edge of your brush along the raised parts with some Codex Grey. Won't take long and will make the armour pop a bit more.

Dicky

another alternative would be to give the black armour a coat or 2 of gloss varnish after sealing the minis. this will give a shiny, glossy carapace type effect

Crazed_monkey
07-07-2007, 15:16
hmm. . .Well I think I'll find two guardsmen I can test it out on, I'll do one with a simple bit of highlighting and one with a gloss varnish and see what looks best.

thanks guys.

Also I like the "Warmaster" for the name

Marsekay
07-07-2007, 19:11
Hi all, sorry i havnt said much, the recent storms blew my router up! im currently using a friends internet, hopefully i will be able to use full internet by the first pic post but i hope you can all understand!

still waiting for my paints to arrive so im well behind anyway!!!

Wolfsbane
07-07-2007, 20:02
Alright, after a crazy week (new job, wedding, and moving), I've had the time to sit down and upload pics from last Sunday.

Work in Progress
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Yajirobe/Benworking.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Yajirobe/theguys.jpg

And the first five in my next POST!

Wolfsbane
07-07-2007, 20:04
My first five Grey Hunters.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Yajirobe/Picture063.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Yajirobe/Picture064.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Yajirobe/Picture065.jpg

The Super Haggis
07-07-2007, 20:09
That's just my 2p though, thanks for the suggestion. If anyone else likes it (or has other ideas) then feel free to chip in. :)

Incidentally, Rich123 has offered to help out with layout and graphics for our side as well, even though he's playing Fantasy too.

My suggestion for the Mag title is "40k Space marines for teh win!!!1111LOLlolol!!111!!"

It's just gotta be!;):D

Also I can get some art done for the magazine (I've already said this to Harry for the Fantasy one) if you're interested.

Ona side note I'll try and get Hobo Slayer to do some work this weekend, I haven't seen him for ages and he's probably done no work!:p

Great work everyone,

Nick.

Nineswords
07-07-2007, 20:57
When Harry and I were mulling over the concept of the zine we wanted something that could be both 40k and Fantasy.

- Just my two pennies.

Marsekay
07-07-2007, 23:52
i like the idea of a zine.
my internets woring ok again now and todaysupdate is

Nothing, still no paints arrived
no models arrived
internet=working
possibly gonna get some spray undercoat tomo.

its all go..........

Anyway the list to paint currently is....

5 man terminator command squad(with forge world imperial fist pads)
5 man terminator squad(sanme extras as above)
2 land raiders (one for each terminator squad)
2 forge world vindicators
5 man sniper scout squad
5 man sniper scout squad
5 man sniper scout squad
5 man tac squad with hvy bolter razorback
5 man tac squad with lascannon razorback
1 whirlwind.
and to take me over 2000 at teh end i may try to finish on a special piece...

Easy i reckon. :D

Meticulous
08-07-2007, 04:36
Whipped up a handy project log for my, um, project. Link's in my signature, should anyone care to follow along my progress to 200 points/month.

Arhalien
08-07-2007, 09:05
Erm, McMullet, looks like I owe you another pint; I think I've changed my mind again. (sorry) Back to Tomb Kings (sorry) again (sorry).
But, look on the bright side (sorry), at least I'm now Harry's problem (sorry) instead of yours (sorry).

Erm, sorry :angel:

Marsekay
08-07-2007, 09:36
Wow Arhalien, you change your mind more often than Jordan changes her boob job's!

lord_blackfang
08-07-2007, 11:06
Right then. I'm joining in.

I'd like to enter my White Scars army, which is still largely unpainted even though I've been taking it to tournaments for the past 2 years :angel:

So tell me, who do I have to sleep with to be put on the roster?

happy_doctor
08-07-2007, 11:16
errrrmmmm...noone...I think...
and, what's more, if I'm not mistaken, you are....

THE 100th PAINTER ON THE TALE OF 100 PAINTERS!!!

Woohoo!!! :D:D:D
Congrats, you'll receive your honorary t-shirt and diploma shortly... (harry will see to it...):D

Arhalien
08-07-2007, 11:17
ooh, is that painter no 100 then? :)

edit: just seen above. I was too slow :o

McMullet
08-07-2007, 12:45
When Harry and I were mulling over the concept of the zine we wanted something that could be both 40k and Fantasy.

- Just my two pennies.

Personally, I agree, but I thought I'd open is to the floor and see how everyone feels about it.

Erm, McMullet, looks like I owe you another pint; I think I've changed my mind again. (sorry) Back to Tomb Kings (sorry) again (sorry).
But, look on the bright side (sorry), at least I'm now Harry's problem (sorry) instead of yours (sorry).

Erm, sorry :angel:

*wrath*

Right then. I'm joining in.

I'd like to enter my White Scars army, which is still largely unpainted even though I've been taking it to tournaments for the past 2 years :angel:

So tell me, who do I have to sleep with to be put on the roster?

Hooray! Welcome aboard.

and, what's more, if I'm not mistaken, you are....

THE 100th PAINTER ON THE TALE OF 100 PAINTERS!!!

Woohoo!!! :D
Congrats, you'll receive your honorary t-shirt and diploma shortly... (harry will see to it...):D

Actually, I think Voltaire signed up for the Fantasy thread a bit earlier than lord_blackfang...

Also, I have another sign up via PM, greyclaw (http://www.warseer.com/forums/member.php?u=7722) is joining in with Renegade Guard.

Rogue Trader
08-07-2007, 12:56
ok i havnt posted anything, i will have an army list up soon, i will be doing a vostroyan ig force with cadians and an inquisitor contingent in it, basically an inquisitor inducted some available vossie's and cadians for a mission, the remenants of which are now one force, the inquisitor contingent will be worked in the army list as allie's so that i still have access to all the ig units, i didnt want to have the ig as inducted using the dh codex because you lose all the best stuff, in a couple of days ill post up an army list and also a few progress pictures, everything i have seen from other people is looking good so far though

lord_blackfang
08-07-2007, 13:19

How dull :(

Looks like I should've signed up just a little bit earlier. I'm Warseer member #99...

lord_blackfang
08-07-2007, 15:56
The army list:

HQ-----------------------------------------------------------

Epistolary (Grand Stormseer Tegustai)
Bike, Iron Halo, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades,
Veil of Time, Fury of the Ancients.......................191

ELITES-------------------------------------------------------

2x Attack Bike (Attack squadron Gurban)
2 Multimeltas, Tank Hunters skill, Expert Riders skill...140

2x Attack Bike (Attack squadron Arban)
2 Multimeltas, Tank Hunters skill, Expert Riders skill...140

4x Bike, 1 Attack Bike (Veteran Bike squad Negan)
2 Flamers, Expert Riders skill
Veteran Sarge with Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol.............241

TROOPS-------------------------------------------------------

4x Bike, 1 Attack Bike (Bike squadron Taban)
1 Flamer, Expert Riders skill
Veteran Sarge with Power Fist, Bolt Pistol...............225

4x Bike, 1 Attack Bike (Bike squadron Yisun)
1 Flamer, Expert Riders skill
Veteran Sarge with Power Fist, Bolt Pistol...............225

5x Marine (Combat squad Yuchin)
Missile launcher.......................................... 85
Razorback with Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers..............78

FAST---------------------------------------------------------

2x Land Speeder Tornado...................................160

2x Land Speeder Typhoon...................................140

1x Land Speeder Tornado
Multimelta, Heavy Flamer..................................75

HEAVY--------------------------------------------------------

Whirlwind......................................... .........85

Whirlwind......................................... .........85

Predator Annihilator
Heavy bolter sponsons....................................130

This is what I get when I arrange the units in groups of roughly 200 pts:

1) Bike squad (225)
2) Bike squad (225)
3) Veteran Bike squad (241)
4) Epistolary (191)
5) 5 Tacticals + Razorback (163)
6) Predator + MM Speeder (205)
7) 2x Tornado Speeder (160)
8) 2x Typhoon Speeder (140)
9) Whirlwind + Attack bike squadron (225)
10) Whirlwind + Attack bike squadron (225)

Painting one of these a month doesn't look impossible... but only time will tell.

I have the stuff mostly assembled and undercoated already, and one bike squad nearly painted (and untouched for the past 3 months :( )

Ornithoticus
08-07-2007, 16:41
id really love to join this, the only problem being that im going on hols on wednesday for 3 weeks, and its not exactly the sort of holiday where ill have time to paint minis :cries:

McMullet
08-07-2007, 16:55
lord_blackfang: That's a pretty low model count. :eek:

Ornithoticus: Although we'd prefer everyone to paint something this month, it being the first month and all, you are allowed to join now and play a Joker for month 1. That means you are excused painting duties for July.

If that suits you then let me know what army you're painting and I'll sign you up with a note that you're Jokering July. :)

lord_blackfang
08-07-2007, 17:40
lord_blackfang: That's a pretty low model count. :eek:

Yes, but it works like a charm! Won all 3 tournaments I attended with this army (yeah, even with 0 points for painting :angel: )

The low model count is giving me hope that I might actually finish this. Then again, a single white biker seems to be about as much work as an average dark-coloured squad :(

So here's the army almost a year and a half ago:
http://gallery.blackfang.net/Images/Scars/preview01.jpg

Since then, most of it has been undercoated and one squad mostly painted.

Ornithoticus
09-07-2007, 11:20
ok then i'll sign up with my Sword of the Emperor Space marine, jockering this month, i'll try and get some wip pics up anyway just to show ive got the stuff to paint :p

McMullet
09-07-2007, 13:59
Nice! Very gribbly.

You might get better pictures if you take them from further away, and then crop them down to show the details. You'll get more of the model in focus that way. :)

ok then i'll sign up with my Sword of the Emperor Space marine, jockering this month, i'll try and get some wip pics up anyway just to show ive got the stuff to paint :p

Excellent, welcome aboard! You're on the list.

penguin663
09-07-2007, 16:09
I used Picasa to crop and tidy up and make the image clearer. This is still a WIP.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/penguin663/apotacary009-1.jpg

Thoth62
09-07-2007, 16:23
Are you using loyalist marine bits for that? It looks good.

DarkstarSabre
09-07-2007, 16:34
Gee....can I sign up now?

I think I've about finished my Eldar To40kG style purchasing and I think this might be something to spur me on.

That or I can use ancient conflict's Sisters of Battle or IG as my victims for this.

McMullet
09-07-2007, 16:36
Gee....can I sign up now?

I think I've about finished my Eldar To40kG style purchasing and I think this might be something to spur me on.

That or I can use ancient conflict's Sisters of Battle or IG as my victims for this.
Of course you can. :) As long as you can come up with 200 points this month (or a good excuse to play a joker. ;)).

Capslock
09-07-2007, 16:36
I'd like to get in on this too with my Dark Angels. They've been plagued by stagnation I need something to force me to paint. This sounds like a lot of fun. :)

penguin663
09-07-2007, 16:42
Are you using loyalist marine bits for that? It looks good.

Yeah. I want my army to look like they have just emerged from the warp straight after the heresy and Nurgles "gifts" are just appearing have not yet takin(sp) full effect.

Thoth62
09-07-2007, 16:54
That seems pretty cool. I'll see if I can get my first update up either tonight or tomorrow. It completely depends on if I'm well enough to go and have a couple of games tonight. Damn sunburn!

Marsekay
09-07-2007, 18:00
Result!

My internets now working and i finally recieved my paints!

i like the look of the mega paint set. lots of empty pots!

just waiting on the models now...

El-Diablo
09-07-2007, 18:20
Bit of an update from me now, i've managed to get the bulk of my first months painting done, just these 2 left to finish. The only things left to do are the bases and the plasma coils on the plasma gun.

Anyone have any ideas on this? I was thinking about some source lighting, but im not too sure.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Black%20Legion/WIPspecialists.jpg

C+C welcome as always

El Diablo

Arhalien
09-07-2007, 18:53
ooh, very nice looking stuff Diablo :)
I presume the bases are WIP?

edit: *reads above post*
Oops :o

Erm, ignore the above question and replace it with this: What will you be doing with the bases? ;)

El-Diablo
09-07-2007, 19:01
What will you be doing with the bases?

Nothing particularly special, the sand gets a brown ink then drybrushed with bubonic and bleached bone, a bit of static grass and a dark flesh rim. Character bases will be a bit more involved, but not by much.

El Diablo

lord_blackfang
09-07-2007, 19:19
It's only the 9th and you're almost done for the month? :eek:

What next, are you gonna sign up with another army? :D

El-Diablo
09-07-2007, 19:25
What next, are you gonna sign up with another army? :D

Hell no, I've got enough painting on at the moment. Im currently working on my Black Legion, more Valhallans and Cadians, a commissioned high elf army and a sculpt for next years golden demon (not enough time to enter this year) plus whatever other strange things land on my desk.

El Diablo

Rogue Trader
09-07-2007, 21:15
ok here is the army list i will be working to for my inquisitor led guard army, basically i am doing an ig army with dh as allie's, this way i still get all the cool ig options and some gk termies and an inquisitor to boot

the :cheese:fluff:cheese: goes an inquisitor inducted a force to go on a mission, it was made up half vostroyans and half cadians from the current availability of skills he required, the vossie's are the main boys having the cmnd squads and such, the cadians are only some of the infantry squads, a fire support squad and the bassi, here is my list

Doctrines:......................key
carapace armour,.............c
sanctioned psykers,.........sp
hardened fighters,...........hf
drop troops,...................dt
chem inhalers,................ci

IG HQ:

Command Squad 152 pts vostroyan
h s officer, grenade trooper, standard b, vox, medic, psyker
c, hf

2x Fire Support Squads 230 pts
1, 3 hvy bolter teams c, hf vostroyan
2, 3 hvy bolter teams c, hf Cadian

ALLIED DH HQ:

Inquisitor Lord and Retinue 173 pts
Inquisitor Lord- Terminator armour, demon hammer, storm bolter, psyker - hood
Retinue
acolyte, 3 x familiar, sage, 2 x mystic

ALLIED DH ELITES:

Grey Knight Terminators 188 pts
Brother Captain, brother with incinerator, brother
Holocaust power

IG TROOPS:

Infantry Platoon 107 pts ( cmnd ) + 570 ( infantry sqds )
Cmnd Squad
junior officer, 2xmeltagunners,2xinfantrymen,psyker
c, hf
5x Infantry Squads 3x vostroyans, 2x cadians
each squad has vet sarg and a flamer
c, hf, ci x5

Armoured Fist Squad 211 Cadian
Vet sarg, meltagunner
c, hf
Chimera, multi laser and heavy flamer, track guards

IG HEAVY SUPPORT

Bassilisk 167 pts Cadian
indirect fire, armoured crew compartment, track guards, hvy stubber

Russ Demolisher 217 pts Vostroyan
multi melters, track guards, hvy stubber, lascannon

Macharius Vostroyan Unknown points cost at the moment ( dont have ai5 yet :cries: )

Total Points excluding macharius = 2025

lety me know what you think. cheers for looking :D

One_Second_of_Insanity
09-07-2007, 23:05
El Diablo nice chaos marines very crisply done

just a verbal update from me, just 2 more terminators to do and I am done for the month, just need to figure out how to paint the serg's power sword nice and pretty.

Catferret
09-07-2007, 23:16
El Diablo: That black looks really nice. Good subtle highlighting and a distinctive solidity to the appearnce. I likee very much. The pale skin looks really sweet too.

Wish I'd joined 40K painters too... Alas my army was already started.

Norsehawk
09-07-2007, 23:26
ok here is the army list i will be working to for my inquisitor led guard army, basically i am doing an ig army with dh as allie's, this way i still get all the cool ig options and some gk termies and an inquisitor to boot

the :cheese:fluff:cheese: goes an inquisitor inducted a force to go on a mission, it was made up half vostroyans and half cadians from the current availability of skills he required, the vossie's are the main boys having the cmnd squads and such, the cadians are only some of the infantry squads, a fire support squad and the bassi, here is my list

Looks pretty similar to what I am doing myself, have you play tested the CC inquisitor? I've been told many times that they don't work. My army is pretty much the same idea, except I have a witch hunter inquisitor, an assassin, and probably a squad of seriphim in my force from the ally.

The mix of DH and Vossys should look really cool since they are both pretty ornate.

Norsehawk
09-07-2007, 23:27
El Diablo:
Wish I'd joined 40K painters too... Alas my army was already started.

Nothing says you can't do 2 armies (or more)

Go for it!

Rogue Trader
09-07-2007, 23:41
Looks pretty similar to what I am doing myself, have you play tested the CC inquisitor? I've been told many times that they don't work. My army is pretty much the same idea, except I have a witch hunter inquisitor, an assassin, and probably a squad of seriphim in my force from the ally.

The mix of DH and Vossys should look really cool since they are both pretty ornate.

i havnt play tested them, i like my armies to be visual more over win at all costs, he should do a fair amount of damage with the stats he has, also he has extra abilitys granted by his retinue that should prove usefull rather than just being there to kill in cc all the time, a fun army more than tactically sound i think :D

Catferret
09-07-2007, 23:48
Nothing says you can't do 2 armies (or more)

Go for it!

I mean my 40K army was already started painting wise.

Rhamag
10-07-2007, 00:12
Decided on my first unit. Sticking with the all-rounders theme, I've broken the mixed-weapons taboo for some close-range versatility.

1 Vet Inquisition Stormtrooper w/power sword & hellpistol
1 Inq Stormtrooper w/flamer
1 Inq Stormtrooper w/meltagun
7 Inq Stormtroopers w/hellguns
1 Priest w/Inviscerator

205 pts

One question I'll ask before starting a new thread somewhere. Is the winged-skull on the helmets of the Kasrkin models representative of Cadia in someway? As I'm using Kasrkin for my ISTs, I was wondering if I have to file them off. Thanks!

Thoth62
10-07-2007, 01:38
Alright, so here's for my first somewhat official update. I said I'd post the armylist tonight if I could, so here goes.

First, a disclaimer. Although winning with this army is important, I have every intention of creating a themed army, and as a result, some of the choices that I will be making will not necesarily be made because they are the most cost-effective or 'competitive'. That being said, I may be somewhat open to suggestions, but I may not be completely receptive. Anyways, without further ado, I give you a chapter of my own devising. The Brotherhood of Iron.

Traits:
Blessed be the Warriors
Suffer not the Alien to Live (Eldar)
Aspire to Glory
Die Standing

HQ
Master of Sanctity (123)
-Jump Pack
-Frag Grenades
-Bolt Pistol
-Preferred Enemy - Eldar

Elites
Assault Squad #1 (259)
-1 Sergeant + 8 Marines
-Furious Charge
-Preferred Enemy
-Terminator Honours
-Power Weapon

Assault Squad #2 (285)
-1 Sergeant + 9 Marines
-Furious Charge
-Preferred Enemy
-Terminator Honours
-Power Weapon

Troops
Tactical Squad #1 (170)
-1 Sergeant + 9 Marines
-Preferred Enemy - Eldar
-Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad #2 (233)
-1 Sergeant + 9 Marines
-Preferred Enemy - Eldar
-Plasma Gun
-Rhino APC
-Extra Armour
-Smoke Launchers
-Dozer Blades

Scout Squad (95)
-1 Sergeant + 4 Scouts
-Preferred Enemy - Eldar
-4 Sniper Rifles
-1 Heavy Bolter

Fast Attack
Land Speeder Tornado #1 (80)
-Assault Cannon

Land Speeder Tornado #2 (80)
-Assault Cannon

Bike Squadron (281)
-1 Sergeant + 4 Bikers
-Preferred Enemy - Eldar
-2 Meltaguns
-Terminator Honours
-Lightning Claw
-Attack Bike
-Multi-Melta

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad #1 (222)
-1 Sergeant + 6 Marines
-Preferred Enemy
-2 Missile Launchers
-2 Lascannons

Devastator Squad #2 (172)
-Preferred Enemy - Eldar
-4 Heavy Bolters

And that's it. It comes out to exactly 2000 points. More updates will follow in the next week or so, including some fluff, as well as some pictures of completed and WIP models.

DarkstarSabre
10-07-2007, 15:26
Of course you can. :) As long as you can come up with 200 points this month (or a good excuse to play a joker. ;)).

Aha.

ancient conflict's sisters it is, having a squad of those beauties 3/4's full already.

I'm sure 15 sisters fully kitted plus Canoness gets near 200.

It shall be done.

McMullet
10-07-2007, 15:32
Excellent, you're on the list for Sisters of Battle :)

Marsekay
10-07-2007, 15:44
I'm seeing a lot of people signed up and not a lot being done.....

lord_blackfang
10-07-2007, 15:56
Oh, there's still loads of time left :angel:

Thoth62
10-07-2007, 16:44
Yah. Although I'm actually hoping to have somewhat of an update done tonight. We shall see if I manage to get my ass in gear or not... :)

Marsekay
10-07-2007, 17:04
I have paints but no models lol.
damn ebay postage times.
i work better under pressure anyway. :D

SgtKnivek182nd
10-07-2007, 19:31
Hi all

After a hectic end to last week not much painting has been done, plus the fact my little 4 year old buy decided to play with 2 of my crisis suits :cries:

i have however received my new paints, And have made progress on my Shas`vre to my XV8 team and started on my Stealth team till i fix my other two crisis suits.
I have also made progress on my Blood Claws and biker

Pictures to follow :)

Sgt Knivek

Rhamag
10-07-2007, 20:05

Just over 500 hours for us GMT/BST folks. Like exams though; there's either loads of time, or no time at all...

I bought my first Foundation paint today (dark grey one) for basing the ISTs. Black, red & gold is a bit standard, so I thought some urban grey tunics would break it up a bit.

Norsehawk
10-07-2007, 20:06
I am currently building some chaos marines (using warhammer chaos warriors as a base) for my Red Corsairs, and The malcador is primed and I should put a brush to it later tonight, if not tomorrow.

Lostanddamned
10-07-2007, 20:44
If there is still time to sign up - which I hope there is... I would like to add myself with an armoured company - as I have just located a Leman Russ that I may be able to recover and repaint in time.

SgtKnivek182nd
10-07-2007, 22:53
well heres a few picture of my new paints and base coat on my shas`vre

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/Digger_man82/P1030496.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/Digger_man82/P1030495.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/Digger_man82/P1030498.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/Digger_man82/P1030500.jpg

hopefully more updates tommorow

Arch-Traitor Horus
11-07-2007, 00:28
I currently cant find my file's lol i have everything half assembled just no FILES dam mold lines:(

Rogue Trader
11-07-2007, 07:19
put the macharius together, just needs gap filling now, finished three infantrymen off, hopefully will gap fill the macharius today sometime

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/roguetrader_2007/DSCF0071.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/roguetrader_2007/DSCF0077.jpg

Lostanddamned
11-07-2007, 09:28
... I don't think I appreciated how HUGE! the Macharius actually is, but thats looking rather cool.

sorted out my army list, and order of doing things last night - is it ok to do 300 points one month and then 190 the next, as I can't really break it down any smaller than it is.

Also now painting a tech preist this month. Both models undercoated and awaiting painting some time today and this week (on holiday next week)

The leman russ has been re-gunned with weapons from the IG infantry heavy weapons, making it look a bit more in keeping with current IG

Here is the army list I shall be painting around:

HQ
Vanquisher Command Tank 322

Elites
Ace Exterminator 222

Techpriest Enginseer,4 Technical Servitors, Chimera 189

Troops
Leman Russ 172

Leman Russ 172

Leman Russ Exterminator 147

Leman Russ Exterminator 147

Fast Attack
Hellhound 127

3 Sentinals 135

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Demolisher 185

Destroyer Tank Hunter 182
Total 2000

Most models will have a touch of the forgeworld to them, at the very least as I will be using the Cadian Upgrade pack to provide characterful heads and the odd fancy looking arms for my commanders, in order to tell tanks apart.

McMullet
11-07-2007, 10:00

What?!

Oh, there's still loads of time left :angel:

Exactly! :cool:

If there is still time to sign up - which I hope there is... I would like to add myself with an armoured company - as I have just located a Leman Russ that I may be able to recover and repaint in time.

Sure is. I guess I'll be accepting signer-uppers until nearish the end of July. Welcome aboard!

well heres a few picture of my new paints and base coat on my shas`vre

Looking good there. I look forward to the next update!

put the macharius together, just needs gap filling now, finished three infantrymen off, hopefully will gap fill the macharius today sometime

The guys look great, and I agree with Lostanddamned, the Macharius is huge! :eek:

sorted out my army list, and order of doing things last night - is it ok to do 300 points one month and then 190 the next, as I can't really break it down any smaller than it is.

That's perfectly alright. :)

Lostanddamned
11-07-2007, 12:42
I have started a project log in which to record my doings for this army.

Find it here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92927) or in my sig ;)

spikedog
11-07-2007, 14:28
Hey all, glad to see people still sticking at their projects although it's a shame to see another Armoured Company as now I'm no longer the original one! ( Just joking Lostanddamned ;) )

Well anyway, my paint arrived yesterday so I could finaly start experimenting with colour schemes and this is what I came up with:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/spikedog_woof/Warhammer/Armoured%20Company/scheme1.jpg

Now my army is going to sort of desert based although not quite. It will be an alien world where the dirt is kind of sand coloured so there are still plants and grasses but it is also pretty yellow. Anyway I'm not sure if the colour scheme is a bit too bland or what I could do to change it a little. Any suggestions fellow 40K'ers?

Disclaimer : Hair isn't finished, nor are boots, kneepads or the gun. Plus there will be a back pack and belt packs going on later.

McMullet
11-07-2007, 14:34
Blimey, she's got a big ****!

Ahem. I think the scheme looks good like that, normally I'd ask for more contrast but that works well. It think a lot depends on the base really.

DarkstarSabre
11-07-2007, 15:29
Righty then.

Where to start?

Well, I've signed up for this insane thing with the intent of using it to push me along into painting things through being bullied in a cruel and unusual fashion. That and I really should paint this comissioned stuff.

So not everything will be done in 12 months. With any luck it may be earlier at which point I may randomly switch. No, I'll try to behave.

200 points a month. Assuming no jokers that's 2400 points by the end of the year. Which is conveniently what I have planned for. I'm looking at this digital camera I've nabbed from my family and figuring out how it works.

Oh, and working on finishing the last 5 sisters of the first full unit of 20 with all the trimmings.

Oh, I suppose you want to see a rough list of 2400 points of stuff for insanity.

HQ - Canoness, 9 Celestians with trimmings, Rhino
Elites- 10 Celestians with trimmings, Rhino
Elites- 20 Sisters Repentia with trimmings
Troops- 20 Sisters with trimmings
Troops- 20 Sisters with trimmings
Troops- 10 Storm Troopers with trimmings
Troops- 10 Storm Troopers with trimmings
Fast Attack- 10 Seraphim with trimmings
Fast Attack- 6 Dominions with trimmings, Immolator
Heavy Support- Exorcist

Works out around 2400 points.

Currently done?

15 Sisters of the first squad.

Half done?

Canoness, a handful of celestians, a rhino, 15 more sisters.

Yes yes.

Marsekay
11-07-2007, 19:09
excellent work lets see some pics off that new cam!

and the female IG, i likethem, as regards to the paint job, i think if the boots are dark, ie black it should be nice.

if it were me i would do black armour with the sandy mud colour but whatever floats your boat!

monstallion
11-07-2007, 21:08
First post in the active thread, woohoo.

Rescued my minis from the rain here in Sheffield and have the majority now undercoated, so some progress there. What I am going to be painting is as follows.

Autarch
Farseer

6 Warlocks

around 30 Harlequins, could turn out to be more :D

10 Firedragons
10 Striking Scorpions
6 Howling Banshees

20 Dire avengers
5 Scouts

5 Swooping Hawks
2 Vypers

3 Dark Reapers
3 Death Jesters (using as Dark Reapers)

2 to 3 Wraithlords (1 new two very old)

then I have a diddy little avatar and three ghost warriors, might use these as warlocks but not sure.

Kev

SgtKnivek182nd
11-07-2007, 21:21
@ Rogue trader great looking vossies, looking forward to seeing the tank painted :D

@ spikedog the colours on the female IG look good, i think if you did the boots and knee pads in a dark colour it would contrast well.

And as for me, Well i made a little more progress on my sha`vre tonight i finished my base coat and started on some detailing and highlights :)

Pics to follow

sgt Knivek

Norsehawk
11-07-2007, 22:35
I am definitely painting the malcador this month for my IG side, but for my Red Corsairs side, I am split between painting a defiler I got from an ebay trade, or doing some of these guys I've been assembling for the last couple days, parts are from loyalist marines, whfb chaos warriors, a few chaos renegades (i think, the half nekkid guys) Chaos marines, and various bits I have laying around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/IMG_0613.jpg
This guy I started making as a joke, he sure likes skulls. so he has a metric a$$load of them all over the place (will add more I am sure)

Group shot of a good portion of the ones I have built: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/IMG_0616.jpg

Closeup of what I might use as a character, he has a sword from the fantasy set with a daemon face on it so it could be a nice daemon weapon, daemonic strength, mutation (how I am going to do this without adding extra tenticles or something, maybe do him with strange colored skin. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/IMG_0618.jpg

Moo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/IMG_0621.jpg

Too many pics to post, but I uploaded them to my photobucket site, http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v475/norsehawk/

Thoth62
12-07-2007, 03:19
Alright, I got a couple WIP shots, granted, they are nearing completion, but here goes.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa234/Thoth62/Brotherhood%20of%20Iron%20-%20Space%20Marines/IMG_1862x.jpg

Chaplain. He doesn't yet have a chapter symbol on his shoulder pad, nor is the base finished, but this gives an idea of the look I'm going for. I never did say I was good at painting, did I?

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa234/Thoth62/Brotherhood%20of%20Iron%20-%20Space%20Marines/IMG_1890.jpg

And also a land speeder. Together they total 202 points and will make up my update for the month of July. So since there is a good deal of time left, I wouldn't mind some constructive comments or criticism.

greyclaw
12-07-2007, 12:09
The 1st squad pretty much done. I cant help think they need a bit more colour but not too sure what, maybe a different shade for the material covering the heads....?

Catferret
12-07-2007, 12:43
Greyclaw, nice work. I think you should paint the armour plates a different colour instead of bare metal. That would give you more colour and stop the metal weapons disappearing into the chest. For the hoods, you could use a wash of 50/50 Chestnut Ink/Water to slightly alter the colour.

Marsekay
12-07-2007, 13:22
I like those greyclaw.

good work!

Glurf
12-07-2007, 15:24
I'd say just smack some brown / red ink on the armor plates. That should do the trick.

Marsekay
12-07-2007, 18:48
Well i started finally tonight.

got my base coats done on 5 marines..

pics in my log here

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93155

lord_blackfang
12-07-2007, 20:18
I can believe I spent the whole day painting.

Sadly, none of it was for the ToP :o

Silvereye
12-07-2007, 21:06
Just popping by to check on how folks are doing over here. Keeping a close watch on Silvereye. He's had that titan for over a year now! It's only recently been built! Lazy git... ;)

Recently being September last year.... Since you moved to the other side of Edinburgh you have not seen it. However, it has now been mostly undercoated! See progress. Now all I need to do is remove the damn grass seeds that have got stuck in the paint :rolleyes:. And arrange for use of an airbrush - too much to attempt to handpaint in one sitting.

Oh, I also built and undercoated a Wraithlord, and found Asurmen (I now have a potential HQ choice). Fuegan seems to be lost in the warp that is my minis box.

Catferret, I need to steal your hands for greenstuff-fu. Will pay in booze if your ever allowed out of the RAF club.

Catferret
12-07-2007, 21:09
Catferret, I need to steal your hands for greenstuff-fu. Will pay in booze if your ever allowed out of the RAF club.

I likes booze... Will soon be out of RAF club permanently so gimme a shout at end of the month.

bobert the great clen one
12-07-2007, 21:39
i would like to join with my dark angels :D

this will be the start of my list ( i will write a detailed armyist when i get my 'dex back :) )

dark angels battle force
5x dark angels veterans boxset

Rhamag
12-07-2007, 21:44
First problem. I can't decide how to paint the stormtroopers. I started with the black with red plates, then did the red/black top/bottom model, then did the grey with black plates and red shoulders. Thing is, they all appeal in some way.The colours are just base-coats while I was making up my mind. I should be able to paint better than this! Anyone have an opinion on the colour schemes? Thanks...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/Rhamag/Warhammer%2040K/DSC00244_edited.jpg

Silvereye
12-07-2007, 21:50
I did some red models a while back (a sniper I think). Bright (old Go Fasta Red) red with chestnut wash, and darkest blue (Marine Dark Blue) bits. Looked surprisingly good and camouflaged well into stuff - like my light grey/blue carpet. I darn't put it on any of the varnished woodwork in case I never found it again.

Rich 123
12-07-2007, 22:16
Go with the middle one definitely Rhamag.

grey/Black/Red looks a bit too cluttered. The Red/Black halved scheme just look s a bit... crude. I can't think of another way to say that, it just doesn't seem like something an army would ever conisder (regardless of camouflage!).

The middle one is predominantly black with the main armour plates picked out it red. This makes a nice grim over all look and yet has alot of red to lift it a bit.

Hope that helps.

On another note we have been hard at work on the design for the 40k and Fantasy webzines. We will be looking for any interesting aspects in your armies/army composition to have as featured armies to explore in more depth with the painter's thoughts to it. As well as having interviews, painting and modelling guides, (short) battle reports and a summary of everyone's work each month - so that everyone can keep a keen eye on everyone else ;)

Anyone is able to contribute something to it if they want, and it is a good way to get more attention drawn to your army or to elaborate on one thing you particularly liked.

Dicky

cpl_hicks
12-07-2007, 22:58
well I PM'd McMullet and he said I am in, so i might as well post.

I will be painting Daemonhunters, my work for this month will be:

Justicar
Grey Knight with Incinerator
5 x Grey Knights

=210 Points.

One_Second_of_Insanity
12-07-2007, 23:27
The middle stormtrooper is my personal preference as well Rhamag

Rhamag
13-07-2007, 00:01
Go with the middle one definitely Rhamag.

EDIT

Hope that helps.

It does indeed. And "crude" is perfectly accurate for contestant number 3. :) Number 2 gets my own vote I think. The other squad I might invert the red and black.

Thanks for input.

EDIT: Thanks also One_Second.

McMullet
13-07-2007, 11:20
i would like to join with my dark angels :D

this will be the start of my list ( i will write a detailed armyist when i get my 'dex back :) )

dark angels battle force
5x dark angels veterans boxset

Cool, you on the list. :)

well I PM'd McMullet and he said I am in, so i might as well post.

I will be painting Daemonhunters, my work for this month will be:

Justicar
Grey Knight with Incinerator
5 x Grey Knights

=210 Points.

Thanks, cpl_hicks, you are down too. :)

That's now 50 40K painters! Wahey, half century!

Also, *shock* *horror* I've done some painting... See my log here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1731600#post1731600

Deakor
13-07-2007, 13:51
I'm in as well...working on Blood Angels. Hope to have two five man assault squads done by the end of July.

skott4991
13-07-2007, 14:33
O.k sorry to mess about like this but i wont be playing my joker this month as grey knights make nice word bearers.

Sorry, will post pics soon.

Thoth62
13-07-2007, 14:42
Yah, Rhamag, I'd definitely vote for #2 as well.

[shameless plug]On another note, people are welcome to check out my project log, (linky in the sig) and comment on what you may find there. I'm always looking for outside opinions, so have at.[/shameless plug]

Marsekay
13-07-2007, 16:23
well i am half way through my first mini.

needs highlighting, detailing and cleaning up as yet...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/marsekay/mariner2.jpg

McMullet
13-07-2007, 16:29
I'm in as well...working on Blood Angels. Hope to have two five man assault squads done by the end of July.
You're in. Be welcome. :)

Harry
13-07-2007, 17:41
It was a loose delivery again but McMullet dealt with it with cosumate ease sweeping it away down the leg side for another four runs and bringing up the fifty.
As they meet in the middle theres a few congratulatory words from Harry as the helmets come off again and the bat goes up as Mcmullet acknowledges the polite applause from the crowd.

Congrats on the half century.
I am so pleased that this whole idea has appealed to so many people who are finding the motivation to get stuff painted.

Thanks again to McMullet for putting the original idea in my head and for his continued support for this project.

I have to tell you all that there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes by McMullet, Nineswords and Rich 123 and I think you will all be blown away by the magazine that will be produced as a spin off of this project.

Keep painting, and enjoy the ride.

Catferret
13-07-2007, 17:47
I have to tell you all that there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes by McMullet, Nineswords and Rich 123 and I think you will all be blown away by the magazine that will be produced as a spin off of this project.

Oooooooooooh. Thanks for all the hard work guys. I haven't been this motivated to paint for ages!