PDA

View Full Version : Epic Squats

Ross
07-07-2007, 09:50
Was wondering if any of you could help me find some good pics of the afore mentioned Epic Squats, namely their vehicles. I've had a scout of the net but haven't come up with anything all that good. Nice close up pics would be great, even a list of the payloads would help me.

Is there anything in the PDF Epic rules for them?

CyberShadow
07-07-2007, 10:37
Officially, Squats have not existed for a while, and therefore did not make it into the latest version of Epic. However, there are a couple of lists available for them. Check the Tactical Command link in my sig.

For pictures, check out:

http://www.epicollector.com/
The Epic Model Catalogue on EpiCollectors site.

http://www.netepic.org/GALLERY/view_album.php?set_albumName=Squats
De'Aynes Gallery

Ross
07-07-2007, 14:03
Thanks CyberShadow, very useful pics in there, hadn't been able to get any good one like that, cheers:)

A couple of things I still need to ask you Epic players though, the Cyclops,
Capital Imperialis, Leviathon, Colossus, aren't they standard IG vehicles or are they Squat ones?

The 'Robots' I saw in the model archives, are they titan sized?

orangesm
07-07-2007, 14:27
Squats use STC/Imperial tech - they are far gone abhumans (similar to Ogryns or Ratlings). The Robots may just be the Imperial Robots which are dreadnought size.

CyberShadow
07-07-2007, 16:26
Squats started out as very closely allied to Imperial forces, even making stuff for them, and so there is a lot of crossover in technology.

The Capital Imperialis started life as a Space Marine command vehicle, and is now often thought of as a generic Imperial piece of kit. The Squats had a similar relationship with tunellers.

The Cyclopse, Collosus and Leviathon are pure Squat mechanisms - along with the Iron Eagle, etc.

The Robots are early, Rogue Trader era, Dreadnought sized machines, perhaps a little smaller.

Ross
07-07-2007, 23:17
Thankyou sirs :) Food for thought!!

The next questions is, does anyone know the rough size's if one were crazy enough to build these in 40K scale?

Hena
08-07-2007, 05:18
Leviathan was old command centre on IG as well. And here's some sizes (and couple of comparison shots).

Land Raider:
hull wid 21mm
sponson wid 30mm
len 35mm
height 12mm

Leviathan:
wid 26mm
len carriage 37mm
len cannon ~45mm
height cannon 33mm

Colossus:
wid 26mm
len carriage 40mm
len cannon 46mm
height platform 20mm
height cannon 31mm

Cyclops:
wid 26mm
len carriage 40mm
len cannon itself (so add that to the carriage) 21mm
height 21mm
height on cannon 33mm

Ross
08-07-2007, 05:35
Hena you legend,that helps heaps, now all I gotta do is some number crunching and see where that leeds me :)