PDA

View Full Version : Modelling Imperial Infantry Companies

Elyrioth
15-07-2007, 13:20
How do you work out the every second autocannon? do you just half however many units are there and use that? Or model every second unit as having it and work this into casualties etc?

orangesm
15-07-2007, 13:32
Edit: Ignore the below I missed the note the multiple times I have read over the IG list and have yet to actually play with my IG!

Every stand of infantry has an autocannon. It does not have to appear on the model and they only appear on half of mine. So a basic 13 stand infantry company has 13 Autocannon attacks and loses 1 every time it loses a stand or a stand is suppressed. For modeling it is up to you how you want to do it. The key is being able to say this is a stand of IG infantry and not mistake it for Stormtroopers, Ogryns, Ratlings, or Space Marines.

dptdexys
15-07-2007, 15:01
Every stand of infantry has an autocannon. It does not have to appear on the model and they only appear on half of mine. So a basic 13 stand infantry company has 13 Autocannon attacks and loses 1 every time it loses a stand or a stand is suppressed. For modeling it is up to you how you want to do it. The key is being able to say this is a stand of IG infantry and not mistake it for Stormtroopers, Ogryns, Ratlings, or Space Marines.

IG infantry only get 1 autocannon per two stands(commander also gets 1) for a total of 7 attacks per company.When any normal infantry stands are lost you just half the number of stands remaining and round up if necessary(7 stands = 4 shots etc. plus 1 for the commander if he's alive).

All my Infantry companies have 1 autocannon per 2 stands except the catachans as no autocannon models were made for them (heavy support have 2 per stand).As you usually have to take the casualties from the front (nearest to the incoming fire) you could end up with only the stands with the heavy weapons on them remaining but you still only count as getting 1 autocannon shot per 2 stands.

Darkhorse
15-07-2007, 15:23
Those who do model them on might only put heavyweapons troopers on every other stand, however from the POV of casualties the rulebook states that you count half the surviving stands rounding up as armed with autocannon, the same applies for range.
Read "Notes" under the Imperial Guard Infantry entry on page 91.

orangesm
15-07-2007, 15:53
I totally read over the note thanks for the correction (Space Marines have a missile launcher in each unit). - I apologize.

I just put one every other stand.

Hena
15-07-2007, 16:52
I have modelled my IG units with one heavy weapon per two stands.

Melta Pants
15-07-2007, 20:18
So there's no confusion, and to save yourself a couple bucks, just don't put any heavy weapons on any infantry company stands.

Elyrioth
16-07-2007, 07:33
Thanks guys, I am going to use both the missile launchers and the autocannons for veriety. Thanks for clearing up the rules