PDA

View Full Version : Whats on the Guard Commander Stand?

LordOfDarkStuff
19-07-2007, 03:00
The Guard Infantry Company Box comes with infantry, orgyn, and models for a command stand. I couldn't find any pictures of it, so what is on the command stand? Is there a standard bearer, a commissar, a commander? Thanks in advance.

Hena
19-07-2007, 05:52
There really isn't a definition for that. You can choose what you put there. However rules dictate that first commisar should be on supreme commander stand if you have it. So I'd put at least the standard bearer, commisar and commander there. Perhaps a heavy weapon too (as SC stand has that).

Chaos and Evil
19-07-2007, 13:47
The models supplied with the Infantry Company boxes are rather limited.

For command stands, all you're given is a few 'commander / commissar' figures.

The best way to create good looking command stands is by getting one of these: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060305040&orignav=300808

The above set will give you enough figures to do an entire IG army in most cases.

Patriarch
21-07-2007, 15:36
However rules dictate that first commisar should be on supreme commander stand if you have it.

Not quite - the commissar has to be in the SC's formation, not necessarily the same stand. However it doesn't really make sense to put it anywhere else (i.e. regular guardsman stand or chimera).

If you have one, you could use a techmarine as an Adeptus Mechanicus teh-priest proxy, or various older epic models if you have them. However for a large army it's worth the investment in GW's character pack to make your SC (and other commanders) stand out.

Hena
22-07-2007, 05:28
Ok, Ill need to read that again. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'll add my comment on the usability of the Character pack. For Orks, Marines and IG it's very worthwhile.