PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

NickWeed
19-07-2007, 03:54
I want to start epic and was wondering if the imperials would be good to start out or if there is a better choice.

Morg
19-07-2007, 07:49
Imperial guard is a perfect beginner army. They are easily available and do offer a wide range of tactical options.

If you are into less shooty armies I would recommend you to go for the Orks.

Elyrioth
19-07-2007, 10:04
Orks/Imperials are the perfect beginner army. I started on Eldar I did ok but only cos I was an experieced gamer in other games and scales and even then I had disasters starting out. Not only are the easy to start with they have a level of suptle strategic complexity that you can use as you get more experienced. Alternatively use as a sledge hammer!! Get the forge world Reaver and Warhound if you are collecting!! Also nice and handy to paint if you are not great with 6mm scale; like me!!

thunderwolf
03-08-2007, 22:43
Sorry for the thread hijack, but I'm also a newbie, so it seemed better than starting a new thread to ask a similar question.

Having been a fan of Space Wolves since I got into this whole malarkey years ago, I'd like to collect a great company at epic scale. Is there a special army list for the Sons of Russ, or do people just use regular Marine rules? I know the White Scars have a list, which makes me hopeful that SW do too, but my google-fu is throwing up nothing, really.

Also, whilst I know it really only depends on your opponent, is it commonly acceptable to mix Imperials with Marines? I quite fancy using both, and having the marines as the elite strike force they're supposed to be, as opposed to the entire army, especially at the scale Epic represents.

Hena
04-08-2007, 05:15
There has been something thrown around. However they are not tested (well few games) and the person who started the list has not been around for a while. But for finding the list, I've been making a wiki page for E:A lists that exists (in english anyway). So go to the link below.

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Epic+Armageddon+Army+Lists

Chaos and Evil
04-08-2007, 08:30
If you use the 'Inquisition Task Force' armylist, that one allows you to mix Marines & Imperial Guard.

Sleby
05-08-2007, 13:37
Does the codex space marines tell you what a company from a codex chapter would contain?

It would be great to have a whole company (something that just not possible fundswise in 40k for me).

orangesm
05-08-2007, 14:15
There are multiple sources for that info Sleby and the cost of a Company of Space Marines in Epic is really small. 6 Tactical Squads, 2 Assault, and 2 Devastators is a total of 4 formations and is 1025 pts.

Sleby
06-08-2007, 12:56
Oh. So how big are epic games usually?

Hena
06-08-2007, 15:00
2700 or 3000 points. We play 3000 point games here almost always (although from time to time 4000 and then 2000 is good for demos). The lists are done with 2000-5000 points in mind so going outside that range, might cause additional imbalances.