PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Fliers mkII

Captain_Ardias
24-07-2007, 07:38
OK, I hope this post is a little bit more understandable than my last one...

I'm in the process of building a chaos squadron of 6 hell blades and 4 hell talons, but I've run into a bit of a problem. The plan was to have a mixed fleet of bombers and fighters with different 'marks' that, although they wouldn't serve a purpose in game, I thought would add a cool back story to the flight. My problem comes in with not knowing much background on chaos fleets or armies. I would like to model the bombers up with a nurgle feel (tentacles and diseased hulls mostly) but I don't know which other god would best fit with them. I've always liked the idea of powerful sorcerers with foresight and the fighters modeled with tzeentchian runes and colors could go well with the plague filled bombers, but highly honor-bound killing machines in blood red planes would go just as well in my opinion. Fluff wise, which one of the two would more likely be in a mixed fleet with nurgle?

p.s. if a mod could delete my previous post it would be much appreciated :angel:

Morsleib
24-07-2007, 12:10
If you want to get a feel for Imperial and Chaos fliers I can't recommend 'Double Eagle' enough.

Some, but by no means all, of the Hell Razors (=Hell Talon) are Khornate red. Fighters which only exist to kill fit the Khorne theme nicely IMO. Other planes appear in other colours including 'non standard' colours like white for a named ace.

Morsleib

Darnok
24-07-2007, 12:19
In the "canon" background Nurgle and Tzeentch are rivals (as are Khorne and Slaanesh). So Nurgle would fit better with Khorne. Also the themes "disease and decay" (Nurgle) fits much better with "brutal death" (Khorne) than with "shiny magic" (Tzeentch).

Tyra_Nid
24-07-2007, 12:33
In the "canon" background Nurgle and Tzeentch are rivals (as are Khorne and Slaanesh). So Nurgle would fit better with Khorne.

Keep these important facts in mind!

fattdex
24-07-2007, 13:12
I tell ya what, I'd do some as the sickly bone/grey/white monstrosities from double eagle. and call those ones nurgle.

Captain_Ardias
24-07-2007, 15:19
In the "canon" background Nurgle and Tzeentch are rivals (as are Khorne and Slaanesh). So Nurgle would fit better with Khorne. Also the themes "disease and decay" (Nurgle) fits much better with "brutal death" (Khorne) than with "shiny magic" (Tzeentch).

That makes things kinda easy then :D

Even so, a little rivalry between the two powers seems hard to avoid and the two groups squabbling over kills and who didn't cover who when they were being shot out of the sky seems inevitable. Sounds like it could make for a few good short stories and I may just have to oblige. Any ideas on the best place to put them when I'm done?

Captain_Ardias
27-07-2007, 18:22
OK, I'm in the middle of Double Eagle at the moment (great book, but I still dont have AI yet :() and the idea of these locust and tormentor planes is interesting. From what I've seen so far, the tormentor fills the role of the marauder bomber with the locust filling a bit heavier role than the hell blade. Is there any reason FW didn't include rules for these two aircraft (or planes like them)?

HarkonGreywolf
27-07-2007, 20:33
They probably haven't read the book! ;)

HG

Brother Loki
03-08-2007, 11:48
The first batch of aircraft from FW is scaled down versions of the ones they do in 40k scale. The forthcoming expansion will introduce new classes of plane, like the Harbinger super-heavy bomber. I wouldn't be surprised if the Locust and Tormentor were in there too.

Having said that, I'd have thought it was a no-brainer for FW to make STeG4,AT70 and AT85 tanks from the Gaunts Ghosts books as well, but they haven't. They don't seem to have taken on the Sabbat Worlds crusade stuff too much.

Captain_Ardias
03-08-2007, 16:11
Maybe, but I think the big thing on this would be the lack of fighters for chaos, and since those two fill roles that chaos don't have and they already exist... but anyways, good to hear. Still no core book yet :eyebrows: but I'm still hoping some interesting stuff is on the horizon.

orangesm
04-08-2007, 22:14
The first batch of aircraft from FW is scaled down versions of the ones they do in 40K scale. The forthcoming expansion will introduce new classes of plane, like the Harbinger super-heavy bomber. I wouldn't be surprised if the Locust and Tormentor were in there too.

Having said that, I'd have thought it was a no-brainer for FW to make STeG4,AT70 and AT85 tanks from the Gaunts Ghosts books as well, but they haven't. They don't seem to have taken on the Sabbat Worlds crusade stuff too much.

Definitely agree with everything. I think a Sabbat Worlds Crusade book would be great for FW to do. Although it may be a great thing for the community to take hold of and expand into the gaming worlds.

There are two discussions anyone interested in Chaos expansion may want to look at Marks of Chaos (http://z8.invisionfree.com/Airspace/index.php?showtopic=37) and the Hell Razor (http://z8.invisionfree.com/Airspace/index.php?showtopic=297).

From my point of view the addition of Marks making a slight change to the aircraft/crew would be awesome thing to expand Chaos.

At the moment a medium fighter for Chaos needs to be added along with a transport.