PDA

View Full Version : Epic items on e-Bay - dodgy models?

Rico
08-08-2007, 22:18
Hi all,

Got a question for anyone who frequently gets their Epic items on e-Bay.

I've been building up my Imperial force over the last year using e-Bay. Today was the first time I've had a problem with the items received. Having bought a lot of 20 Leman Russ, some of the models turned up with broken turrets.

Even worse, all of them looked badly cast, nothing like what you get directly from GW. They also appeared to be created from sub-standard metal due to the softness of the models and the amount 'dust' coming from them.

Has anyone else come across apparent fakes like these?

In this case, my bank informed that my cheque hadn't gone through and I've since cancelled this and left a note saying I'll be sending these back. Does this seem like a valid response?

Appreciate your comments and experiences.

Rico

aenimosity
09-08-2007, 02:37
I guess you got away lightly on this one. Might be worth contacting GW with the seller's details as well... You wouldn't want someone else to get ripped off would you?

tabletopnews
09-08-2007, 03:16
There are quite a few recasters on eBay and reporting them to GW is a good idea. I'd suggest contacting GW first to see if they want to models as evidence

hereticdave
09-08-2007, 18:20
From other posts on hear i've read GW is *very* receptive to finding out who these people are. I also wouldn't put it past them to send you some originals as replacements - particularly if they want the recasts.

Give em a call.

pookie
17-08-2007, 14:48
contact GW and send them one, they have prev stated in a WD that they will replace any dodgy models and prosecute the person who is counterfitting them, you'l get replacment ones that are genuine from GW ( as far as i know - they replace nay models that are still in production )

Crube
17-08-2007, 14:50
Yup, Contacting GW is the way forward.

Also, cancelling the cheque was a sound move - I'd be interested in the seller's response...

daemonkin
20-08-2007, 11:06
If *anything* goes wrong with Ebay I always launch a Paypal dispute. These are free to do and freeze any moneys that were involved until the situation has been resolved.

GW will be generally be supportive against any fraudsters.

D.

Rico
20-08-2007, 13:31
Thanks for the responses guys. To fill you guy's in on want happened next...

Spoke to a mail order guy who asked me to send an email to him and legal. I included details regarding the situation and models, attaching pictures with originals next to the counterfiets.

I informed them if they wanted the counterfiets to let me know asap. However, after three days I was obliged to return them back to the seller as I had cancelled the check and technically I could have been reported for theft.

The response frm the seller was that he bought them off someone else and was making a quick profit. He asked for them to be returned so he could ask for a refund himself.

For the record, the ebay trader is Bananahead! and I was not too pleased that he continues to say lots of 20 Epic Leman Russ'. I have updated GW of this and suggested they have a look. I'd also suggest this blows his excuses as I sent back the lot after he posted up a new entry. My conclusion is he has several of these on the go.

I still have had no responses from GW and await one. Again, happy to update on progress to you guy's in case anyone else every experiences this.

Thanks again,

Rico

Dwarf Supreme
20-08-2007, 16:39
The response frm the seller was that he bought them off someone else and was making a quick profit. He asked for them to be returned so he could ask for a refund himself.

For the record, the ebay trader is Bananahead! and I was not too pleased that he continues to say lots of 20 Epic Leman Russ'. I have updated GW of this and suggested they have a look. I'd also suggest this blows his excuses as I sent back the lot after he posted up a new entry. My conclusion is he has several of these on the go.

Sounds to me like you caught the seller redhanded and he's not admitting it.

Crube
20-08-2007, 20:36
Certainly sounds dodgy.

As for still waiting for GW, I wouldnt worry. They may not be that quick, they are very busy, but they will get back to you in the end. If you're worried, drop them an email.