PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves vs. Red Scorpions, which should I build

warchild9
17-08-2007, 16:50
I have a dilema...and I blame Forgeworld.

I am trying to decide between Space Wolves and Red Scorpions as an army to build. I know I want terminators but I only plan to start with 1850pts either way.

Now I am an experienced Space Wolf Player that sold my pups to a friend so he would have an army, plus I had my Crimson Fist army, my Sister of Battle army, and a Black Legion army. I love my CF's and my My SOB army is great, and with the new Chaos rules my BL will be cool too. But I miss my Wolves but With all the codex changes coming down the line should I do Space wolves or Scorpions.

PS I was not a beardy Wolf Player....except for my Lord and his retinue but only in big games:D

Please Help

Flame Boy
17-08-2007, 17:01
I think you should go for Red Scorpions. Their paint scheme is nice, the forgeworld models with the older era armour styles are very impressive, and you know you're not likely to bump into another Red Scorpion player next time you go into a model store, as they don't exactly grow on trees.

Mind you, the Crimson Fists collector in me tell me to carry on with them! Hehe

sigur
17-08-2007, 17:08
Space Wolves all the way. I mean, look at their background! Space Wolves have tons of character compared to Red Scorpions. SW have very neat chapter-specific miniatures too and a great history.

warchild9
17-08-2007, 17:08
Flame Boy, the only reason is stopping for now is until Apocalypse comes out so I can field three Vindicator and Three whirlwind and three predators plus the 11 troop chocies ( 6 7-man marine squad and 5 7-man scout squads) plus the 6 hqs (power armour and Termie armor....Including a CM Kantor) plus I have to order more icons from FW for the CF anyway but those wolf termies look really sweet

Monster_Magnet
17-08-2007, 20:27
I mean, look at their background! Space Wolves have tons of character compared to Red Scorpions. SW have very neat chapter-specific miniatures too and a great history.

Thats really only because GW has written much material on the Red Scorpions, but I agree Space Wolves are cooler ;). But personally I would create my own chapter if I was you, so you could have the elements you like from both chapters in one chapter.

Horror-Show
17-08-2007, 22:35
Red Scorpions - there are too many SW players already!
Plus, as stated above, it's a much rarer army.

Nkari
18-08-2007, 01:38
Red Scorpions.. and make sure you tailor your amy selections towards combat squads, and 5 man 1 assault cannon terminator squads, because the Marine Codex WILL get a rewrite sooner or later..

Corax
18-08-2007, 11:00
My understanding is that the Red Scorpions adhere strictly to the teachings of the Codex, and consider any variation from that to be tantamount to heresy. If you are okay with playing a vanilla army, I would say go ahead and have a bash at the Red Scorpions. If you want traity goodness, go with the SW. I would go with Red Scorpions to be different.

BTW, if you don't want to shell out for the FW Red Scorpion bits, you can get decals at Banners, Decals & miniatures - Ginfritter's Gnomish Workshop Ginfritter\ (http://ginfritter.coolbusiness.org/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_44&products_id=119), that are a dead ringer for the RS logo.