PDA

View Full Version : Which DKoK Command Squad looks better?

Drogmir
19-08-2007, 00:47
Death Korps of Krieg Command HQ Squad (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/dkkcomhq.htm)
Death Korps of Krieg Command Squad (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/dkkcom.htm)

On the one hand I like the Vox Caster for the cheaper one (I have) more.

But the newer one has a much nicer looking Officer. (One I'm thinking of buying)

But I'm not too sure if I should keep the special weapons or not.

The Flag as well seems to be a hit or miss.

I like the skulls from the new one, but the old one has a better texture.

I'm thinking what I should do is buy the new squad and sell the old commander and new flag on ebay.

Vesica
19-08-2007, 01:05
I prefer the second ones commander and flag carrier like you, and you can never have to many spec. weapons.

Spacker
19-08-2007, 07:52
Just watch out for the differences in the figures. In the HQ squad they all have breastplates, gorgets, and sashes. Mixing the two sets of bodies might look odd when viewed up close, and putting the melta gun onto a body with a sash isn't a simple task because the melta gunner's right arm is attached to the body cast (the hand is on the meltagun). The plasma gun is an easy swap though. Shame the melta gun wasn't cast to be swapped simply, but with careful cutting you can manage it (I swapped a command melta gun onto a plasma gunner body so there was a bit of variety between my infantry command squads).

Panic
19-08-2007, 11:45
Just watch out for the differences in the figures. In the HQ squad they all have breastplates, gorgets, and sashes. Mixing the two sets of bodies might look odd when viewed up close, and putting the melta gun onto a body with a sash isn't a simple task because the melta gunner's right arm is attached to the body cast (the hand is on the meltagun). The plasma gun is an easy swap though. Shame the melta gun wasn't cast to be swapped simply, but with careful cutting you can manage it (I swapped a command melta gun onto a plasma gunner body so there was a bit of variety between my infantry command squads).
Spacker has said it all, but out of the 2, I prefer the 1st one.

HiveFleetEzekial
19-08-2007, 12:18
Well, speaking of the casts, spacker...

Since you and the OP apparenlty know a fair deal about their parts, and not to hijack this thread or anything, just a sidenote. Are the heads on all of the DKoK figures cast onto the bodies, or do they come seperate for easy swaps with other heads? (like, Cadian, for my helghast elites i'm very verrrry slowly working on)

Splagbot
19-08-2007, 12:50
The banner is better on the second one, however I do prefer the Officer from the first one, I think it's a little hit and miss and would if possible prefer to combine them both to make a truly awesome command squad, oh...I wonder if Gen.Steiners seen these yet?

Spacker
19-08-2007, 15:57
Well, speaking of the casts, spacker...

Since you and the OP apparenlty know a fair deal about their parts, and not to hijack this thread or anything, just a sidenote. Are the heads on all of the DKoK figures cast onto the bodies, or do they come seperate for easy swaps with other heads? (like, Cadian, for my helghast elites i'm very verrrry slowly working on)

The heads are part of the body cast. With some care you could remove them and adjust the positioning, but you'd also need to then remodel the hoses from the masks.

I've got pics of most of the parts from the packs I've bought so far here : http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Spack119 . You can see from these which models come with which parts. The HQ senior officer (with the coat) is actually a single piece cast for the entire model.

Drogmir
19-08-2007, 20:06
What I meant was that I take the commander from the first one and insert him into the 2nd one.

But I find it quite funny that they give you so much rod for the flag that you can actually use the extra bit left and use it for wire on your vox.