PDA

View Full Version : Mick loves his Chaos Warriors!

badgeraddict
19-08-2007, 15:38
As the title suggests, Mick absoluetly LOVES Chaos Warriors, he even brought 3 boxes of them...all in one go!

But woe to Mick, he has realised that they are not so great, and spends a good hour at our club *Dave's lesbian dwarves* (or something) moaning about their shortcomings. Its amusing really, but does he have a point?

Are they worth their points? Should they be fielded in big units? Etc

So lets engage in polite debate about the elite of Chaos.

Maybe Mick will share his views with you, without the rapid swearing.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
19-08-2007, 15:46
Well, like any Heavy Infantry, they need support, be it from Light stuff (Warhounds and Furies) or medium stuff (Marauders).

Other wise, you'll find yourself easily outflanked.

I'd suggest a couple of unit of Chaos hounds, and maybe one or two of Marauder Horse to go harass the enemy early on.

derv
19-08-2007, 16:12
I know why Mick has problems with his Chaos Warriors. The pic below of our 2000 point game should explain everything... :D

http://www.drev.clara.co.uk/chaosVSskaven2000points.jpg

Mad Doc Grotsnik
19-08-2007, 16:26
What the hell did he spend his points on? Thats ridiculously small!

theunwantedbeing
19-08-2007, 16:27
Hahaha.....reminds me of playing 5th edition vs my mates orcs
He had about 150 men,I had about 20....

Anyway...single attack warriors need major support.
A character and a flanking unit is generally needed to make them able to defeat other block units.

Multiple attack warriors have no problems as they can just kill their way to victory due to weight of attacks,making their higher stats really work for them.

So chosen units....or the mark of khorne is the way forward to make them work.
You also need to screen them with either warhounds or a beastherd.

I can see why he'll be having problems with his unussported warriors vs that rather large skaven army :P

badgeraddict
19-08-2007, 16:36
HAHAHA thats brilliant Dave!

Slaaneshi Slave
19-08-2007, 17:11
I too love Chaos Warriors, I have 3 sizable units of them. The problem with them is they are not worth their points, especially in a Slaaneshi Army (which is what I run). I have since ditched them in favour of an almost all mounted force, which does a lot better. The Warriors only come out in large games now.

logan054
19-08-2007, 17:12
What the hell did he spend his points on? Thats ridiculously small!

erm perhaps archoan on the flank ;) chaos warriors are ok but to make them worth they require a list designed around them trying to counter all the problems they may face. This requires beast herd screens, spawn for flank protecters, fuires to warmachine hunt and so on.

fubukii
19-08-2007, 17:12
oh yea super elite and heavy armored troops do die fast to skaven shooting and magic >.<.

As others suggested id def make them khorne warriors for the extra attacks so they can up thier kill ratio big time

Slaaneshi Slave
19-08-2007, 17:29
If you can stop the enemy shooting them up, Khorne Warriors with extra hand weapon are the way to go. :p Either that or Extra Hand weapons AND shields, but thats even more pricy, and they aren't cheap...

Putty
19-08-2007, 18:21
chaos warriors are pretty much discussed recently at length (and also with some heat) here:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98511
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97149
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89889

and there another one that's real lengthly. i can't find it. maybe it got deleted.

but yeah... the army in the picture looks like one of mine that i field weeks ago against my friend 2000 pt army.

needless to say, i got my ass kicked.

archaon butchered two units of slayers and scared off a unit of quarrellers though...

but my 20 warriors (undivided, shield, standard, musician) freaked out and got overruned. lol

but i'm still determined to use warriors... but now they are khone with halberds instead.

those work better.

Slaaneshi Slave
19-08-2007, 18:26
Your problem probably has something to do with using Archaon. Using a Chaos Lord is a hell of a lot cheaper, almost as killy, and you can fit in another unit on top of it.

Fideru
19-08-2007, 18:46
That would be the best game, ever.

bluebugs
19-08-2007, 18:53
if one does like lotsa chaos warriors, I would suggest doing a huge horde. warriors, big blocks of maruaders, many, many chaos hounds and some beast herds for diversity.

BTW I love burned face man

badgeraddict
19-08-2007, 18:56
Please foreward all unwanted Chaos Warriors to Mick!

logan054
19-08-2007, 20:37
In smaller games it is never ever worth taking lords in general, i think 9/10 times your better off with a exalted who can do the same job for half the points. I think this in its self can also be part of the problem with warriors, if you spending so many points on characters you simpy dont have the points left to buy the proper support units.

As i said they are ok but currently chaos knights are the better option, if you like me and just use them anyways due to the damn cool models then at the very least using umarked warriors as chosen or give them extra hand weapons so they have the attacks to generate enough kills to win combat. If they are chosen then give them halberds.

When i use warriors in my khorne list i usually use a single unit of 15 with halberds and warbanner or banner of rage. I think the only time i really find warriors a better choice over marauders is against armies like undead (but this is due to mine being immune to fear and allowing me to generate up to 9/10 dispel in a 2k game). remember just dont take you units to big or you just wasting points which you could spend on support

anyways good luck with them mate!

Dayhan
20-08-2007, 01:04
Hi I'm the Mick, this post was started about lol. And his right I did spend a good 45 min moaning my **** off about chaos Warriors and the army in general. The Picture may I add was about my 5th game of Warhammer with chaos and I'd just finished Archon and thought I'd try him out. What a fool I was at 2000 points. His nicley packed away in the cuboard now and may see the light of chaos again one day. I collected choas becuase I thought Chaos warriors look great and wonted to field an army around them. But as many have posted on here, that is neither easy or pratical. It got to the point where I started a Dwarf army and found them more fun.

Chaos Warrior should be stubborn and Immune to fear. Not cause fear but just immune to fear. GWS leads use to belive in all there fluff about chaos. That chaos warrior see some of the most horrid, fearsome things known to Man or God alike. But yet can be run down and killed because they were outnumbered by a fear causing Unit. Sorry Crap Crap Crap. Warriors see mutations, chaos Gods, people dieing in the most horried and cruel ways every time they open there eyes. But get out numbered by an Oger unit and off they go scared to death. I think that's point made.

Also chaos suffers with magical items. The only 2 things in there compleat list that is under 15 points. The Master of Mortals 5 points or the Unliving idol 10 points. I aways find I got a spare five points left over with nothing to spend it on.

All I can do is live in hope the chaos book is not going to take a few years to be reworked.

And Badger Addict and Derv. All I'm going to say is theres no Varanda out side the windows now. See you Thursday guys. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

fracas
20-08-2007, 03:04
i would not field them more than 15 - 18 per units, of 3 ranks deep.

most armies, imho, at 2k need to field at least 5 blocks of combat units (of what ever type, be it infantry or cavalry), otherwise horde armies and near horde armies will flank you. and shooty armies will concentrate too much fire on what units you have.

in addition, deployment really matters when out numbered. in the above picture, i would have split the army, fielding all the infantry to one far edge and the cavalry to the opposite far edge. his army will then have to split as well.

good luck mick.

explorator
20-08-2007, 04:53
A large unit (20-30) of Slaanesh Chosen with great wpns, shields, and carrying the Rapturous Standard can stand up to almost anything. Great weapons on the charge for killyness, hand wpn and shield when charged for the save of most armies heavy cav, no worries about panic etc. A lot of points, yes, but my Chaos friend swears by this unit and informs me that it is very rarely reduced to half strength, let alone lost.

Putty
20-08-2007, 06:10
It got to the point where I started a Dwarf army and found them more fun.

well... have you tried complimenting the warriors with maruaders and daemons? warriors can't be used as standalone units... they need lots of support.

i hardly find dwarf armies more fun. dwarf armies win by making the enemy come to them and shooting them to bits during the shooting phrase. all dwarf players field some variation of a gunline list. coz playing a footslogging list is just crazy.

that is the same way chaos is... you need the usual staples of warhounds/fleshhounds, furies and a knight unit or two. everything else is pretty much a filler (marauders on foot or warriors).

i don't want to give you all the crock and bull about "winning doesn't equal fun" preach because honestly, more than once i ask myself why the hell i picked up chaos.

yes yes... i confess its because of the nice models... xD

brother ducat
20-08-2007, 09:21
Got to say, I cant work out why Micks choas are just so spectacularly bad. The picture shown was a classic game, with all the chaos blown/massacred except for archaon who managed to butcher his way through a fair few units.

Micks army seems to be deserted by the dice gods on more than one occassion, My Gnoblar unit withstood his knights charge and broke then run them down. I killed two on the stand and shoot, his 3 knights performed heroics killing 2 gnoblars, and his horses another 1, and the gnoblars that got to attack hit back and killed a knight. Victory for the gnoblars by 1 pt (3 ranks and an outnumber and a wound vs 3 wounds and a standard). Ah twas a grand feast.

Micks poor dogs usually die, or become pretty impotant, on the first turn. His marauders get mortared up, and the useful stuff tends to get tied up with disposable units or flagellants. And we wont mention chariots and great cannons (or skaven warp cannons, or ogre bruisers with greatweapons etc etc).

Still the dwarfs are doing well, and seemed to have fixed the dice a little(except for the useless engineers and their warmachines, HOW MANY 1'S TO WOUND!!!). (I will probally regret this comment now, my empire take on those dwarfs shortly, expecting a plethora of 6's now lol).

I think, keep on trying Mick, as I said when we started playing, It takes some 6 months to a year for the dice to get worn in, and the average games to start turning up.

Dayhan
20-08-2007, 10:31
Ever feel the center of attention lol. Any more of my club wont to post my inadequate Chaos achievements and dice roles lol. Brother ducat is right about my dice rolling though. My wife Say's I shouldn't play any game that involves luck. Yesterday me and Brother ducat (with a ogre / dwarf 3000) faced a 3k blood elf army. We won but my grudge thrower did 3 kills the hole game. I hit every target apart from 1 turn. But when it came to killing those pesky BE all I rolled was 1's. And it was basically the same story with my bolt thrower. Str 7 2's to kill chariots and guess what I kept rolling ??

I go a Choas vs Empire game today. 3k, so I'll let you all know how it went and post the army list later. Then you can pick my list to bits.....

badgeraddict
20-08-2007, 10:52
He means Dark Elves. Man that was a tough battle!

Mick you know I can fly, so lobbing me out a 3 storey window is going to do sqaut. Well Derv will fall like lead, but it cannot be helped.

Change your dice Mick. I swear GamesWorkshop dice are cursed!

Slaaneshi Slave
20-08-2007, 11:29
You will have a very tough time again an Empire Gunline. Infact, with a Warrior I don't think its doable... The best I would hope for is to keep the majority of your army hidden, and wait for him to advance on your position with his combat elements (if he is any good he won't, but just hope he isn't good...). Pounce on them, destroy them and jump back behind your forests and hope you killed enough to force a draw. :p

Holy Crap! Manticores!
20-08-2007, 11:50
Mick, for the love of the dark gods, get those boyz some company... they're sad and lonely is the problem. Bite the bullet and play Slaanesh if you really want to be immune to fear. It's a mere 20-25 pts per unit/character. And get them a speedbump unit or two. Beastherds can be quite cheap point-wise. They make good missile screens and can actually lay some smack down in CC. If the opponent panics them through your Warrior units, they'll be Immune to the panic. True, khorne will accomplish the same thing, but you can give the mark of slaanesh to 7 units as opposed to 3 units with mark of khorne for same cost. Khorne might not be a bad choice vs magic-heavy armies for the points, but the Frenzy CAN be beaten out of them. Then they'll be subject to Fear. Which I believe was one of your original complaints.

I'm not a fan of the deployment neither. I have to imagine you got heinously flanked from your left. But yeah, a little variety would have been nice. Much as I love my Dark Riders, I would never take an army of nothing but DR's.

Slaaneshi Slave
20-08-2007, 11:54
The two units which helped me the most when I added them to my warriors were Marauder Horsemen and Spawn of Slaanesh. Horsemen with flails will give anything a beating, so the enemy has to drawn units out of position to guard against them, and the Spawn will go toe to toe with most none character models/units and stay for a very long time - might not win combat, but chances are they will stay there for 3 turns, holding the enemy up a lot.

destroyerlord
20-08-2007, 12:35
Am i the only person here that always has great success with chaos warriors? Its probably because I only play against about 2 people... but I run a tzeench army with 2 units of 14 warriors, and a unit of 5 knights all led by exulted champs. Its probably the champs that make em so good....and the fact that elven arrows just seem to bounce off their heavy/chaos armour. I do nagree that spawn are excellent for preventing flank charges though.

Avian
20-08-2007, 14:14
A large unit (20-30) of Slaanesh Chosen with great wpns, shields, and carrying the Rapturous Standard can stand up to almost anything.
30 Slaanesh Chosen with gw+sh, full command and rapturous standard cost approximately 800 points. It is no wonder if they can stand up to almost anything.

Meanwhile they are still only M4 and quite easy to avoid, which is exactly the problem with them.

Slaaneshi Slave
20-08-2007, 14:19
There is no doubt that Chosen Warriors are very powerful. I have had a Slaaneshi Chosen Warrior unit of 15 w/ Rapturous Standard take a simultaneous charge from 2 Orc charriots and a goblin charriot, kill the two Orc ones and force the Goblins to run away.

They had to take a charge to do it though. It is my personal belief that Chaos warriors need no option for extra hand weapon, come with the option for shields (for a 3+ save) and have 2 attacks basic. This will make them more useful, but still not overpowered, as gunlines will still take them apart.

Avian
20-08-2007, 16:16
12pts each aint really that much.
12 pts is in fact two points less than the price of a basic Chaos Warrior. :p

fubukii
20-08-2007, 19:07
take some khorne chaos knights they are a steal for their pts :)

Häxjägare
20-08-2007, 21:25
They are bit expensive really even for being an elite unit, but as we have seen in the recent books they are probaly going to get a pointdrop once Chaos card is turned in the great deck of remakes.

20 Chaos Warriors with Shield and Mark of Nurgle is about 17.5p per warrior if you split the mark up. Thats pretty close to a Knight in an empire army, so.... a pointdrop would be nice but otherwise they are fine in my eyes. Black orcs are probaly the most tacticaly versitile elite infantery in the game at this moment(at least if you ask me) would be nice if Chaos warriors could steal that spot.

W0lf
20-08-2007, 22:05
people tell you to field units no bigger then 15-18.

Personally id say a minimum of 20.

If you want warrior heavy, do warrior heavy.

3 blocks of 20 warriors with shields, fc + MoS = 1035
3 Exalteds with full magic items + shield tops out at 666 pts

Thats 1701 pts for a immovable wall of warriors. Sure fear can cause issues but when your a block of 20 chaos warriors with a exalted you really shouldnt be losing combat to outnumbering skellies.

Chuck in a sorc and some furies and your set.

Though i do find warriors better at 3K +

at 2k i field 22 chosen (joined by 2 heros, ranked 6,6,6,6) (Tzeentch army)

at 3k its my chosen plus 2 units of 20 + 2 a marked shaggoth (1k pts right there).

Zoolander
20-08-2007, 22:18
[QUOTE=derv;1840234]I know why Mick has problems with his Chaos Warriors. The pic below of our 2000 point game should explain everything... :D QUOTE]

Derv, that's awesome, and 100% accurate. I laughed my pants off.

fubukii
21-08-2007, 04:50
the problem is those 60 chaos warriors will lose everytime to my clanrats( or orcs/empire/Dwarves) and slaves and or any army with shooting and flanking units with either A hitting power or B STatic cr. a few units of hand guns and or war machines mangles the poor chaos warriors and they so pricey that when they get there they dont have enough punch to win the combat without the ranks.

A great example is my Rat army, i got 8 jezzails 2 cannons and 3 warlocks. so thats 7d6 str 5 hits per turn if i get the spells off 8 str 6 AP shots, and 2 art dice str shots (either Really nasty or soft and cuddley) by the time the warriors got there they should be At least half in number, and then they hit walls of slaves ready to make the poor warrior have to charge them thus exposing their flanks to my clanrats = the death of the unit. too make chaos competitive you need to run (imo at least) a fast hard hitting list or really magic heavy, maybe even a combo of both.

Putty
21-08-2007, 07:55
and the funniest(?) aspect of a chaos army based on warriors is that EVEN if your playing 3000 points, you will be outnumbered at even higher odds (1:4?)

at 3000 points you might be fielding about 120 models... but your opponent is fielding 400 models perhaps?

its crazy i tell you...

badgeraddict
21-08-2007, 22:53
I wonder how he did against Empire yersterday?

Dayhan
22-08-2007, 02:49
Don't pass out but I won by 647 points. My Demon prince, 6 Chaos chosen knights and Furys. Whipped a flank out in turn 2. His Pistoleers failed there terror test and my Knights and Demon prince smacked into his Knights flank. The Demon Prince unfortunately over run into his hand gunners instead of my knights. Drawing him off and it took a further turn to get him into a position to charge again. Terror and Fear only caused is pistoleers to run, he made every other test. By turn 3 his hole flank was gone and It looked like all I had to do was mop up. BUT of course Chaos being Chaos my center troops were as usefully as a condom with a hole in both ends. He killed both sets of chaos hounds protecting my khorne warriors in turn 1 and then draw them out using his detachments. Which of course fled leaving me open to charges from Flagellants (I bloody hate Flagellants ) and great swords. 1st unit lost to the great swords and failed there test and got run down. 2nd unit by the luck of chaos lost to the Flagellants but passed there test on a re role from the standard on a double 1. The Flagellants got flanked charged but 25 Mauraders but then held the marauders, warrior and a sorc up until the last turn. My spawns, 10 marauders and a chariot held the other flank for the game, but both spawns died (surprise surprise).

If it wasn't for the fact his mortar went bang on turn one, he couldn't hit a bard door with his cannon and I was lucky to role a double one for the warriors. I would of lost. My dice roles were so bad I couldn't kill a thing with my center guys. And the worse bit is although I won, I felt it was more because of bad luck on John's behalf than my troops doing well. To win but still feel disheartened about your army is rather a strange feeling.

Putty
22-08-2007, 03:32
I know what you mean Dayhan.

Your friend is very unlucky with the Mortar and Cannon... they could have ended the game for you during the first two turns if the shooting was just a wee bit better.

Sometimes I wonder if the entire Fantasy system is flawed. There are various armies out there which are low model count/ high pointage armies which are usually outdone by high model count/ low pointage armies simply because they outnumber you and/or have artillary.

There is also the concern of army balance because when a new army book is released, it always renders older army books outdated.

HoC will pretty much be one of the last armies to be updated and till then, we are stuck with an "outdated" army that you would need to trick/pimp out totally to have an even playing field with the newly revamped ones.

fubukii
22-08-2007, 03:44
Hoc is a solid army list its just if you want to win you need to Be chariot heavy, chaos knight heavy (khorne) and mix up units. U can not just base the list off any one unit (like warriors for example) you need to get support units be they chariots etc etc. Im gonna bring a Mortal chaos army to the gt, im thinkin it should do pretty well.

Dayhan
22-08-2007, 04:05
Here's the list I'm using tomorrow against Empire. Alot like my old one but instead of a unit of 10 Marauders, I've used them to make units bigger. The Daemond Prince wasn't a Sorc in last battle and I've taken the mark of Khorne off he 2 units of 12 warriors and put it on the knights instead.

3000 Pts - Chaos Roster - Unnamed

Daemon Prince (1#, 535 Pts)
1 Daemon Prince @ 535 Pts
General; Mark of Chaos Undivided; Magic Level (x4); Causes Fear; Causes Terror; Daemonic; Flyer; Immune to Psychology
1 Blade of the Ether @ [45] Pts
1 Soul Hunger @ [25] Pts
1 Master of Mortals @ [5] Pts

Sorcerer (1#, 161 Pts)
1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 161 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Barding; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor
1 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts
1 Dispel Scroll @ [25] Pts

Bray-Shaman (1#, 126 Pts)
1 Bray-Shaman @ 126 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Braystaff
1 Chaos Armor @ [10] Pts

Aspiring Champion (1#, 121 Pts)
1 Aspiring Champion (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 121 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Battle Standard Bearer
1 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

Chaos Warriors (12#, 246 Pts)
Chaos Warriors @ 246 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield
1 Champion @ [30] Pts
Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

Chaos Warriors (12#, 246 Pts)
Chaos Warriors @ 246 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield
1 Champion @ [30] Pts
Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

Chaos Marauders (24#, 183 Pts)
24 Chaos Marauders @ 183 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Shield

Chaos Marauders (29#, 218 Pts)
29 Chaos Marauders @ 218 Pts

Chaos Marauders (29#, 218 Pts)
29 Chaos Marauders @ 218 Pts

Chaos Knights (6#, 390 Pts)
5 Chosen Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 390 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Chosen; Frenzy
1 Chosen Champion @ [65] Pts
Hand Weapon; Chosen; Chaos Armor; Shield
1 War Banner @ [25] Pts
6 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

Chaos Spawn (1#, 60 Pts)
1 Spawn of Chaos @ 60 Pts
Causes Fear; Unbreakable

Chaos Spawn (1#, 60 Pts)
1 Spawn of Chaos @ 60 Pts
Causes Fear; Unbreakable

Chaos Furies (7#, 105 Pts)
7 Furies @ 105 Pts
Causes Fear; Daemonic; Flyer; Immune to Psychology

Chaos Chariot (3#, 120 Pts)
1 Chariot @ 120 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels
2 Crew @ [0] Pts
Halberd
2 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

Chaos Chariot (3#, 120 Pts)
1 Chariot @ 120 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels
2 Crew @ [0] Pts
Halberd
2 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

Chaos Hounds (5#, 30 Pts)
5 Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Warhounds @ 30 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2999

I gave the lord the Magic lv 4 just to see howa magic heavy army works out. As I got no shooting. Think I'll take lore of Fire, shadow and death. Let you know how it works out.:D

Dayhan
22-08-2007, 18:32
Well I won again by 617 points. All down to my Deamon Prince. Second turn I moved right into the center of his units. Causing terror and making 4 units run (20 Great Swords, Mortar, a unit of swordsman and a cannon the swordsmen ran through). The Great swords run right through a unit of Mauraders. killing them and his battle standard bearer in one move. Of course the down side was it left my Deamon open to a cannon, unit of crossbows, unit of hand gunners and his 5 pistoleers. Funny but he didn't survive 29 shots and a Cannon ball. But it was that move that put the game in my favor. In John's turn 6 he managed to get a charge on my 7 warriors left out in the open after whipping a unit of swordsmen. He went through them and hit into the side of a unit of 22 marauders. In my last turn he won that combat but I managed to role a Double 1 on my panic rest and held for the win. If not for that it would of been a draw as that unit had my standard bearer in it as well, 339 points of troops.

So another win for my Chaos but again that lucky double one at the end saved the game. I know a victory is a victory and luck is all part of the game. But at the end of the day it shouldn't all be down to luck.

brother ducat
22-08-2007, 23:03
Hehe the dice gods loved me again today ;) Well at least none of my cannons exploded. I was the unfortunate victim of a mass terror, All taken on Ld 9, which is what makes it worse to bear. First unit tests, my spearmen detachment, fails on a 10, runs off(to never return in their case, failed to rally, and ran off the board next turn, basically 60 pts in the bag), Then a detachment passed its test, as did the crossbows and handgunners. Then the big 3 tests, 20 greatswords, with bsb, rolls a 10, flees 11 inches right into a unit of maurauders, goodbye 345pts. then my mortar, which had my heavens wizard in it, rolled an 11, and fled 8 inches, straight off the table, good bye another 225pts, then my army general, who had been lending his leadership of 9 to this sorry affair, failed his test on an 11 and hightailed it right into the far right of the board, stopping right in the way of my ogres and knights units, seriously hampering any chance of them manouvering into the game decisively for 2 more turns. Still, I fought on and but for another double 1 break test, could of snuck a draw out the hat.

Friday mick, I think its time for me to pull a out victory :angel:

orson28
23-08-2007, 02:57
I run a unit of 17 Chosen Slaanesh warriors in my armies. I have them 6 wide, 3 rows with my Battle standard bearer in the group. The unit itself has a warbanner also (as opposed to the bsb carrying it). With a standard, BSB and the magical Warbanner i'm already at +3 combat res before counting ranks. I use it to hold up the center of my army and I must say it works rather well. Screen it with a beast herd if you are facing a lot of firepower. Granted, it's an expensive centerpiece but it's great in combat and my opponents will often think twice about charging it.

badgeraddict
23-08-2007, 17:11
*Speechless in shock that Mick won TWO games!*

badgeraddict
17-09-2007, 22:28
Just thought I'd add that dispite everything 'Mick Still Loves His Chaos Warriors!'