PDA

View Full Version : Return of Ghazghull?

jp22102000
19-08-2007, 23:10
So does anyone think/hope that Ghazghull will return and GW will have another Armageddon campaign?

Grimtuff
19-08-2007, 23:22
*Checks Ork codex*

:eyebrows:
Um, he never went away. He's still there.

Gensuke626
19-08-2007, 23:57
I'd love another go at Aramageddon. When I last played, I was transitioning into Tyranids, so I didn't affect the game much...Now I play Orks...so...I'm all for it.

Jo Bennett
20-08-2007, 00:12
There have already been 3 wars for armageddon, 2 involving Ghazgkull. Change the damn record already...

Slaaneshi Slave
20-08-2007, 00:14
Why not have the Orks reach the outer planets of the Sol System, be fought to a standstill and gradually driven back? More fun than a fight over a useless planet in the middle of nowhere. Orks will inherit the galaxy, after all.

Gensuke626
20-08-2007, 00:31
There have already been 3 wars for armageddon, 2 involving Ghazgkull. Change the damn record already...

Fine. Let's do an Ork Centric campaign...

DA GREEN KROOSADE at the Golden Throne

Zazz
20-08-2007, 00:46
Fine. Let's do an Ork Centric campaign...

DA GREEN KROOSADE at the Golden Throne
nah it would be too awesome for even GW (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1667530&postcount=1) to handle

god forbid a little bit of of the plot moves forward. we are stuck in 40,999 until someone at GW breaks open the "End Game" plot spoilers hidden in their "In case of bankruptcy - Break Glass" box.

Thrax
20-08-2007, 00:48
At least White Dwarf gave results to the Armageddon campaign when it last rolled around. The Medusa IV campaign flopped at the end without any WD support.

Feor
20-08-2007, 01:41
I dunno why everyone thinks the Universe has to end when they roll over into 41,000. Black Library's already completely invalidated that idea. The Ciaphas Cain novels were writen (from an in-charact perspective) at least a decade into M42. Vail mentions that the private memoirs she's compiling were inspired by his published memoirs, which first saw daylight in 005.M42. So It'd be at least another year or two for Cain to finish his True memoirs, die, and Amberley to have a chance to edit and compile them.

We're stuck at 999.M41 because GW's run out of Ideas on how to move the universe forward for the moment.

Gensuke626
20-08-2007, 01:56
Technically the 13th crusade was the last big Hurrah of the 41st Millenium...
Personally I don't care what anyone says, As far as I'm concerned Medusa V happened in 001.M42...I think Tau Empires mentions M42 a few times, and Really, I'm just waiting for GW to unlock the door to M42...

Heck, technology advances so slowly in the 40k verse that we could probably get to M45 before we need to put a big advance on terran tech. (Tau Tech is another problem entirely...but they may just explain that away with something similar to what's happening to Computer processors these days...instead of wholely new weapons, they simply refine what they've got, make it smaller, more accurate, more efficient...though not nessicarily better in game terms.

Reflex
20-08-2007, 02:50
We're stuck at 999.M41 because GW's run out of Ideas on how to move the universe forward for the moment.

thats not the case at all...

its GW we are talking about... they are arrogant jerk off's. they are not going to further the time line because its one of the things most veteren players want and what most intermediate players want. since when dose GW thisen to those 2 groups... because i am sure there profit loss shows they only listen to newbies.

MegaGroganX
20-08-2007, 07:35
Ghazkull isn't on armageddon, he's currently being persued by yarrick who is working with the black templars to hunt him down (i think it's the templars anyhow)

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
20-08-2007, 07:49
Here's the thing: Warhammer 40K isn't an evolving storyline. It's a setting. They may do certain campaigns or things that are immersive, but we've all seen how much they actually "influence" or change background.

The problem is that to move forward, something catastrophic has to happen to one of the races...and who are they going to kill off/hamstring? Do a vote and see which race is the least liked (that would be fun, which race would you like to see destroyed?) and then said the Tyranids ate them? What are they, Squats? I would love for the 40K universe to be partly player-driven, but that's not how it runs now. We are pretty much playing in a certain span of galactic history, around the 41st millenium.

Now, let's get that petition going for a player-driven universe...bwa ha ha!!

Galvatron1701
20-08-2007, 08:36
I'd very much like to see a turn about in this, have Yarrick and the Templars invade an ork planet! Let the Imperium do some conquering!

Sir_Turalyon
20-08-2007, 08:46
Here's the thing: Warhammer 40K isn't an evolving storyline. It's a setting. They may do certain campaigns or things that are immersive, but we've all seen how much they actually "influence" or change background.

Amen to that.

Besides, we already had Medusa campaign taking place in 999 M41, after EOT. I bet there are enough war torn planets in galaxy in 41st millenium for GW to make campaign every few years without advancing "storyline" to M42.

Slaaneshi Slave
20-08-2007, 09:57
Why not have historical campaigns set throughout Imperial History? There is more than enough history in the Reign of Blood alone to cover several full size campaigns...

Sir_Turalyon
20-08-2007, 10:04
... not to mention Necrons were dormant back then and Tau were in stone age. Sounds great to me, but something tells me GW will not alienate these armies like that.

Slaaneshi Slave
20-08-2007, 10:17
I am sure there were plenty of Alien races abound back then which had similar technology levels to both of those races.

Lord Malorne
20-08-2007, 10:31
yes that is the exact same as going forward is it not! just because it is called warhammer 40,000 does not mean they could not advance the storyline.

they to the best of my knowlege have never said they would not advance the timeline yet us very perseptive players and veterans have noticed a distinted lack timeline progression!

well i guess that is just the state of thing!

Feor
20-08-2007, 11:45
Why would something catasrophic have to Happen? Tyranids eat a few worlds, there's nothing new. Abbadon gets thrown back off Cadia, restoring that status Quo and letting the Renegade Chapters take the fore, rather than the Traitor Legions. Tau push out to... what? Third circle? Ooo, Imperium loses another 20 worlds, wow.

The most catastrophic thing you might want to have happen would be the destruction of a craftworld. With the recovery of Althansar they've got a spare anyways.

Worsle
20-08-2007, 11:52
Yes I am sure the people who loose their craftworld will see it like that. Fact is if the story moves on in any real form some thing would have to happen rather than keeping the status quo as if we are going to do that what was the point of moving the time line on in the first place? Also most people would like things to move on but if some thing bad happens it should happen to some one else as if some thing bad happens to their faction (say Abbidon dying) we will hear nothing but complains about it for some time to come.

Slaaneshi Slave
20-08-2007, 11:56
Why would we? Tycho died, Eldrad Ulthuan died, nobody whined, so why would people whine if Abbadon dies? I can see people whining when Marneus Calgar dies, but thats just because they are Marine players...

Worsle
20-08-2007, 12:29
I remember quite a few people where upset about Eldrad's death.

dr.oetk3r
20-08-2007, 19:09
4th WAR OF ARMGEDDON: Redundancy Abundancy

:D

Zazz
20-08-2007, 19:28
The problem is that to move forward, something catastrophic has to happen to one of the races...and who are they going to kill off/hamstring?

says who? really, stuff can happen without removing an entire faction. :wtf:

example:
Say the Void Dragon wakes up. What happens? A bunch of the Mechanicus on Mars would bow down? probably. Would this mean Civil War for the Imperium? The Necron hordes knocking on the Imperial Palace's doors? Of course not. There'll be some "Emperor hax" (even when he's still napping) and they'll get beat, a bunch of made up no-name chapters will die to simulate a "hard fought battle" :rolleyes:, and the Dragon runs off.

Net Result:
Imperial Players go "HELLZ YEAH!" and the Necrons maybe get a new HQ or Elite Choice from the Mechanicus Cult Followers. :chrome:

mistformsquirrel
20-08-2007, 19:38
What if they did a re-enactment of the Damoclese Gulf Crusade?

Nids have an obvious stake in it, the Imperium definitely does, Tau of course; there's hinted involvement of the Eldar in the Tau's development, so that could be fleshed out. And frankly there's Orks all over the freaking place - with such a big fight going on how could they resist?

Only groups I see having difficulty being integrated would be Chaos (Ya ok, that might be a problem), Necrons (There's got to be SOMETHING insidious they could get up to, right?), and Dark Eldar (... yah I got nothing... Slave raids? Again? They're probably bored of them by now.)

I dunno, just an idea.

Slaaneshi Slave
20-08-2007, 19:46
Whats the problem with them running many small campaigns instead of one large one? There is no reason you have to force all races into a single campaign and end up with the ****bucket you had Medusa V.

mistformsquirrel
20-08-2007, 20:00
I was too new to play in Medusa V <;_;> so I had no idea it'd turned out poorly.

Uhh... *hides*

Slaaneshi Slave
20-08-2007, 20:12
Its not the result which turned out poorly, its that they crammed everybody onto a planet none of them should have had any interest in. It was a planet which was going be sucked into the warp or some nonesence, so why would the Tau/SoB/Guard/Chaos/Orks/Tyranids/Marines be there? The only race with any legitimate reason for being there was the Necrons, who wanted to build anti-warp pilon thingies. Chaos wouldn't give a toss about that, as they just take it back when it is in the warp.

DonkeyMan
20-08-2007, 20:33
Why would we? Tycho died, Eldrad Ulthuan died, nobody whined, so why would people whine if Abbadon dies? I can see people whining when Marneus Calgar dies, but thats just because they are Marine players...

Yeah sure. Not a single chaos marine player would complain about Abbadon's death. :rolleyes:

Chaos Marine and Space Marine players are actually almost the same and belonged to the whiniest 40K players I played against. Doesn't mean though that all are whiny and that only the CM and SM have the whiny people.

If you ask me, don't just kill Abbadon, but the whole Undivided Chaos thing (worst Idea GW ever had). I miss the great infights within Chaos.

Okay ontopic again. It would be nice to have more themed campaigns again, where GW doesn't try to write stories including all the player armies.
Something like the great Fantasy Campaign Boxes (man I liked those). And maybe a campaign not including Chaos or the Empire. Though to be fair (even though Ork player here), Ghazgull had his fair amount of battles.
They could let someone else fight too.

Reaver83
20-08-2007, 20:45
i think for the next 40K campaign they should try and have a system or actually a sector of space (so multiple systems not like segmentum obscuras) and you could have realistic 'starting points' a group of imperial planets - some in an uprising, a craftworld, a necron tomb ship whatever.

Then on line you have various places where fighting can occur between different factions, you choose which area you're fight occurred in, then each week they change the areas as the fighting changes, you could then add narrative, if X many eldar players have been attacking the necron tomb world then for the next week it suggests that people playing necrons vs eldar put their results there.

I think that could actually be interesting, just not sure how practical