PDA

View Full Version : Should Forgeworld produce WFB Azhag?

75hastings69
21-08-2007, 14:23
A while ago there were images up of the new Azhag the Slaughterer mini, and it was very impressive to say the least (i.e. the best GW mini I ever saw).

Sadly it appears that GW can't produce the kit as it would be too heavy and expensive in metal, and plastic would not be able to capture the detail. The painted one in the images was cast in resin (like all pre-production minis).

Allegedly the mini was offered to Forgeworld to produce, but they said they didn't want it. So I was wondering if you think FW should reconsider and make this amazing model. If you vote yes I would be interested to see what you guys would be willing to pay for the new Azhag in resin.

Sylass
21-08-2007, 15:31
Hehe, I'm sure this poll would get the same result if you just left out the "no" option. :p

Of course FW should produce it, there's a serious lack of Fantasy releases by FW anyway. Azhag and his Wyvern looked great...it would be a shame not to produce/release it...

FranticDaemon
21-08-2007, 15:35
Can you give a link to picture of this mini?

Dr Death
21-08-2007, 15:48
I think i'd vote no but only really because i think Forgeworld could produce something far better without being limited to the poxy format of 'gaming scale' monsters. Aside from the fact i didnt think Azhag to be that impressive (certainly not after the near perfect Gorbad Ironclaw) i think considering Forgeworld's ability to produce 'must buys', the size and posturing of the official miniature just simply isnt up to standard.

Now if forgeworld was to sculpt their own version...

Dr Death

Sylass
21-08-2007, 15:56
Can you give a link to picture of this mini?

We can't really. GW legal once asked us to remove that picture...not sure if their policy about this changed.

*cough*
However, sometimes a very basic Google image search turns out to be quite helpful. :angel:
*cough*

Urgat
21-08-2007, 15:59
Nah, I'd rather have a plastic kit with less details, or, why not, a plastic/metal mix. I'm sure GW could pull something like that off.
Or have GW try resin, heck, there's thousands of HongKong and Chinese garage kit companies that can pull it off easily, can't see why GW couldn't.
Besides I don't like FW much, they're pulling the Space Marine fetish to some extremes even GW never reached.

E-Dog
21-08-2007, 16:06
I'd like to see more FW stuff for fantasy period.

Braad
21-08-2007, 16:07
YES! GIMME!

What I would pay for it? How about a kidney?

75hastings69
21-08-2007, 16:07
But what would you guys be willing to pay for a FW version? I myself would be happy to pay 30 - 40 for it.

BTW I intend to send FW a link to this poll, so pricing info would be "useful".

Braad
21-08-2007, 16:13
Don't really know what the current going rates for a kidney are...

But yeah, for such a model I could spare 40 quid I guess. 50 if they redo the head of Azhag :P
That's mainly because I won't use him as Azhag (he dissappointed me!) but just as warboss on wyvern, and don't care for the stupid look.
But if not, I can handle that myself.

athamas
21-08-2007, 16:18
if they did two heads, one as azhag and one ans a generic warboss [maybe included a few option like different weapons or something] i would say 50 would be a good price for it...

Jedi152
21-08-2007, 16:19
Of course they should, it's a masterpiece!

Doubtless they didn't because they are far too busy producing countless variables of Imperial portable battlefield latrines and individual guardsman fanny-packs and moustaches.

EmperorNorton
21-08-2007, 16:19
As far as I remember the picture I'd like to see this one very much.
If Forgeworld decided to do it they most certainly would put it out of my price range, though.
I can't see myself spending more than 50€ on it.

theunwantedbeing
21-08-2007, 16:20
They botched the mould process and ruined the only version of it they had....
Or so it seems anyway.
Yeah..a google search does turn up the image in question rather nicely.

Does look like it may have been hard to mould that thing,especially if it was painted first ^_^

Crube
21-08-2007, 16:21
Yes, but then that goes for more WFB stuff in general from FW to be honest.

I love their stuff, but I dont really play 40K, so there is no reason for me to get any. Now if they started doing different versions of things for WFB, alternate heroes, cannons, crew, monsters... my bank manager would be very unhappy with me ;)

Jedi152
21-08-2007, 16:22
I like the way they've curtailed the picture so that there isn't an outcry about how they're not releasing one of the best models they've ever made.

I love their stuff, but I dont really play 40K, so there is no reason for me to get any. Now if they started doing different versions of things for WFB, alternate heroes, cannons, crew, monsters... my bank manager would be very unhappy with me ;)
Imagine, if you will, empire state troop upgrade kits for Taalite soldiers, or followers of Morr...

Or a zombie upgrade kit for different races...

A Bretonnian upgrade kit for Mousillonian peasants and knights, beastmen of different species, chaos god-specific bits, etc.

sigur
21-08-2007, 16:23
Could it be that it's just way easier for FW to make the rather madular parts for 40k tanks (along with all those historical source material) than building WHFB minis from scratch? Also, I guess that 40k stuff just sells better and FW guys generally are tank buffs?;) Still, I think one or two releases for every WHFB army that is "hot" at the moment would be rather kind. Or they could expand on the monsters range. Pegasi wouldn't sell too badly I think. Of course I'd also love to see a proper Manticore but that's out of range I guess.

snurl
22-08-2007, 07:29
I wonder why GW doesn't release the model in resin? The concept has been hinted at before.

I saw the photo before it was removed, and I gotta say that it was awesome. I would buy one just to paint it. I am not an Orc player.

static grass
22-08-2007, 07:37
Forgeworld is all about 40K. If they can release DKoK then why can't they do fantasy concepts too. A real undead pirate army? Dwarf super heavy artillery?

I would love so see them spreading out some love for warhammer but i just don't see it happening ever.

kyussinchains
22-08-2007, 08:26
Doubtless they didn't because they are far too busy producing countless variables of Imperial portable battlefield latrines and individual guardsman fanny-packs and moustaches.

quoted for truth!

I'd be willing to pay 30-40 squid for it, although I dont play orcs, they should definitely produce this!

Gorbad Ironclaw
22-08-2007, 08:48
I thought I heard something about the problem also being that it was a 'mould-ripper'. So while the model might be good(I don't actually fancy it that much, Azhag himself was pretty bad), it's apparently not feasible to produce it in any large quantity. Or something to that effect.

Also, you left out the "I don't care" option in the poll ;) I'm not going to vote no, but I'm not going to vote yes either, as I wouldn't buy it one way or another.

StormCrow
22-08-2007, 08:53
Looking at the model i don't rate Azhag highly, but goddamn that is the best monstrous mount GW has produced.

WYVERN IZ BEST!

Count Zero
22-08-2007, 10:10
I'd defianlty love FW to produce more for fantasy, maybe they could do a big model for each army, so malekith for the DE, KF on drgaon for the empire. and ebst of all a decent Nagash model. i'd pay for that

Binabik15
22-08-2007, 10:47
I voted yes even though Im not that hyped for the model.

But itd be a good possibility to show FW that fantasy stuff sells if its more usable than gigantic beasts and dragons that have base sizes a whole chaos army could squeeze onto! Or whined about like rhinox riders.

But the possibilities (this word has waaay to many "i"s if you as me)...conversion packs for knightly orders/chaos gods/skaven clans/dwarf clans/whatever, mounts, demonic mounts, small monsters, big monsters, mercenaries, characters...*drools*

Sadly, it just wont happen. Theyre trackheads. And Apocalypse most likely gave them all, you know, good feelings "down there" ;).

BlazeXI
22-08-2007, 23:10
I like the way they've curtailed the picture so that there isn't an outcry about how they're not releasing one of the best models they've ever made.

Imagine, if you will, empire state troop upgrade kits for Taalite soldiers, or followers of Morr...

Or a zombie upgrade kit for different races...

A Bretonnian upgrade kit for Mousillonian peasants and knights, beastmen of different species, chaos god-specific bits, etc.

Slaangor and Tzaangor upgrade kits, better greenskin chariots, War Altar, Dwar lord on Shield, the Orc thingy from Storm of Chaos list and so on. There is so much to do in stead of new variants of marine equipment...:angel:

Green Grot
22-08-2007, 23:30
I'd buy it if FW cast it. I'd also like to see them do a huge Wyvern around the same size as the Chaos Dragon and the Emperor Dragon.

Does anyone know who sculpted the Azhag model?

Damore
23-08-2007, 01:02
I think they should make one, just change Azhag. They could just make the wyvern.

kaimarion
23-08-2007, 02:42
Yeh the model was awsome, I would pay 45.

But FW are probably too busy making stuff for the imperial guard :( , they have far too much as compared to other races ie necrons , Dark Eldar.

Khabuldashudeth
24-08-2007, 01:01
I too think yes. More stuff for Fantasy is always good. Especially more monsters. Azhag himself wasn't great.

But the Wyvern would be a good start ;)

(and yes, I'd pay for it, I think the 30-50 range would suit)

plantagenet
24-08-2007, 12:43
I would definetly look to add this model to my collection if Forge World produced it.

Sherlocko
24-08-2007, 13:55
Slaangor and Tzaangor upgrade kits...

Actually, that is an awesome idea. Make upgrade kits similar toe the chaos ones they made so one can use bestigors based on the plastic gors instead of the extremly small metal bestigors! :D

EvC
24-08-2007, 14:10
Where's the, "Well duuuh!" option?

I remember talk a year or so ago of the new "Masterpiece" range. Imagine the potential: Azhag on Wyvern... Karl Franz on Imperial Dragon... Prince on Griffon. The reality? The Lord of Change didn't even get made and shown at Games Day, and that can even be used in 40K!

Short of hastings having pictures of the Forgeworld team in compromising positions (Probably involving tank parts, let's be honest), I can't see anything good for Fantasy being released this decade.

MutantMaggot
03-09-2007, 12:01
I say they give Azhag to FW, and make a new plastic wyvern in a similar style.

@EvC
I blame 40k for the lack of fantasy... Apocalypse was a massive release, and they had no real time for fantasy. I'm sure I've already posted something similar elsewhere.