PDA

View Full Version : Jetbike Autarch

Bubbatron
21-08-2007, 20:30
OK ive seen the big pic with the windrider host but does anyone have any better pics of him ?

Grimtuff
21-08-2007, 20:57
Just because you cannot ask questions in the rumour forum does not mean you can do it here.

If there were any they would have been posted by now.

Marius Xerxes
21-08-2007, 21:17
Where else and how else on a forum of collected hobbyists from around the world all interested in the same game are you supposed to find answers to said questions without asking them. Leave it to forum moderators to validate any action needed for said infraction.. don't leave snide comments to people who are just looking to get answers from a help full community of people who all love and enjoy the same hobby. And beside, some of these threads are thousands of posts long and innumerable pages to flip though... sometimes its easier to ask, and have someone point the way.. the way a friendly gaming community such as this generally does.

The only pictures i have seen is if you go to the Online Store where you can actually purchase the model as a kit. On the site they also give instructions on how to use all the different components and model them together. This is all on the U.S. website, but i can only assume the U.K. site would have the same information posted someplace on it.

Here is the Link tot he Modeling section on the U.S. web site.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/eldar/painting/jetbikeconversions/autarch/default.htm

Grimtuff
21-08-2007, 21:28
Where else and how else on a forum of collected hobbyists from around the world all interested in the same game are you supposed to find answers to said questions without asking them.

There is a difference between fishing for nonexistant answers to questions about forthcoming codexes/models and asking questions in general.

The model you linked to is a conversion. There are no other known pictures of the new Jetbike Autarch. At all.

jowiczad
21-08-2007, 21:46
There is a difference between fishing for nonexistant answers to questions about forthcoming codexes/models and asking questions in general.

To be fair, Bubbatron doesn't know that there isn't a better picture, nor do you. We simply haven't seen it yet. Does that mean there isn't one anywhere? Maybe, but that doesn't make it fact. The absence of evidence and all that still applies. There could be someone who has seen a better picture on the forums, there are enough of us. The only way to find out is to ask.
As said, if it's an irrelevant/illeagal thread, the inquisitors will deal with it.

Sorry if that sounds preachy, I was just trying to show both sides.

Grimtuff
21-08-2007, 21:50
To be fair, Bubbatron doesn't know that there isn't a better picture, nor do you. We simply haven't seen it yet. Does that mean there isn't one anywhere? Maybe, but that doesn't make it fact. The absence of evidence and all that still applies. There could be someone who has seen a better picture on the forums, there are enough of us. The only way to find out is to ask.

:confused::confused::confused:

If someone has a pic of it, then they will post it. The issue of asking questions is quite clearly spelt out. I could go in the rumour forums and ask any number of questions, but a question is neither news nor rumour, which is what this kind of question concerns.

Rumour forums are not full of posts of people saying "I know something you don't know!"

Marius Xerxes
21-08-2007, 22:19
Well again, id say we drop this issue as it is deviating vastly fro the OP, which is equally as "bad". Leave the rules of the forum up to those in charge, and leave helpful comments if you have them.. thats the only fair and friendly thing to do.

Back to the OP.. I have looked at the U.K. web page and was unable to find the same stuff i found on the U.S. site that I posted above. If i have missed it, i apologize, but at least you can get to it on the U.S. page. Good luck to you and finding what your looking for. I would try places like photobucket.com and see if anyone has made one of their own and posted pics of it up on there also.

Grimtuff
21-08-2007, 22:21
Back to the OP.. I have looked at the U.K. web page and was unable to find the same stuff i found on the U.S. site that I posted above. If i have missed it, i apologize, but at least you can get to it on the U.S. page. Good luck to you and finding what your looking for. I would try places like photobucket.com and see if anyone has made one of their own and posted pics of it up on there also.

Yes, it is one of the things that grinds my gears about this forum.

The pic that was being discussed is in the sneak peeks, the Autarch in question is barely visible in the front of the pic of the Eldar Windrider box.

Stormtrooper Clark
21-08-2007, 22:33
Oh give it a rest Grimtuff, people like you are "One of the things that grinds my gears about the forum"

Grimtuff
21-08-2007, 22:41
Oh give it a rest Grimtuff, people like you are "One of the things that grinds my gears about the forum"

Excuse me? Why is that? Are you offended by the fact that I have actually read the forum rules.

Say this was posted in New and Rumours (which I fully expect a similar thread got deleted as it was simply taking up space) How is this in any way news or rumour?

It is simply fishing for a nonexistant answer. Yes, there are no other pictures of the Jetbike Autarch but there are also many other threads concerning it.

How hard is the bloody search function to use? :rolleyes: