PDA

View Full Version : What the crap is this? Eldar related

Captain Micha
22-08-2007, 14:22
Codex is up another two us dollars wtf! Glad I bought it at 20

so did the smurf rines... lemme guess all of em did

Bookwrak
22-08-2007, 14:24
The previously announced price increase?

jackveneno
22-08-2007, 14:33
this was announced and it happened over a month a ago, every codex and army book went up 2 dollars.

Captain Micha
22-08-2007, 14:42
k thanks. I miss memos like this. I don't check their website price wise very often. just once in a great while. especially not with codeci that I already own *L*

The Laughing God
22-08-2007, 16:06
They raised the prices in July. They said it was a yearly price increase or something.

-The Laughing God-

Kyrolon
22-08-2007, 17:08
Now now Laughing God, it's not a yearly increase it's a yearly adjustment. That's what the White Dwarf told me. :D Just because it always happens to be in an inflationary direction doesn't mean anything. [/sarcasm]

Captain Micha
22-08-2007, 17:39
so they are going to jack up the cost of codeci -every- year? better get your codex when it first comes out. else you are going to get raped for it even more!

more of the, "we aren't selling well. Raise prices!" logic?

Wiseblood
22-08-2007, 17:43
else you are going to get raped for it even more!

As long as you have perspective.:rolleyes:

Polonius
22-08-2007, 18:57
keep in mind that unlike the models, the cost of codices haven't gone up in over 15 years. At the same time, the quality has gone up with regards to design and appearance. While a price rise is never to be celebrated, between the cost of paper (going up), the cost of printing, the cost of shipping (gone way up), this is one of the most defensible price adjustments by GW.

Captain Micha
22-08-2007, 19:17
well considering for the same cost I can get a -hardcover- d&d book.... with more pages and more rules content as well as needless to say better made quality... *only three more dollars away and it costs the same!*

Polonius
22-08-2007, 19:49
well considering for the same cost I can get a -hardcover- d&d book.... with more pages and more rules content as well as needless to say better made quality... *only three more dollars away and it costs the same!*

Two big factors here:

Economy of scale for publishing is everything. D&D I'm guessing sells at least twice the number of books that GW does.

Shipping across the pond: Aren't codices still printed in England? If so, their labor costs are higher, and the shipping across the atlantic adds up.

GW's prices are high, and it seems likely that they are at least an indirect cause of the decline in hobby participation. A 10% bump in codices after years of being the same: just not that big a deal to me, compared to the 50% bump plastic kits got in the last 7 years or so.

The GW hobby: where only getting screwed a little bit makes you feel like celebrating!

Captain Micha
22-08-2007, 19:59
so true *frowns abit* Then... then there's forgeworld *L*

and suddenly you feel thankful that gw product does not cost as much as that *yet*

badnewsblair
22-08-2007, 20:08
Was a scheduled price adjustment as others said. It's fine with me. Back in second edition when I first played, I payed the same $20 for the Eldar Codex it cost when I rebought it in June. An extra $2 in 5+ years...? No biggie.