PDA

View Full Version : Confrontation Models

Dayhan
23-08-2007, 12:57
Was just wondering what players thought of there range of models. Personally I think there alot more detailed than GWS models. But saying that they seem to do alot more single char models than units. I've got a few in my chaos army as special char. Never played the Confrontation game. Any one know whats it like ?

So whats your views ?

Bloodknight
23-08-2007, 13:12
Personally I absolutely abhor the proportions of the Confrontation range and prefer Citadel or Reaper figures. I think the Confro-Stuff is overdone in all respects.

The Judge
23-08-2007, 13:13
I've not played the game, but I use a lot of the single characters for characters in my Warhammer and 40K armies, and even more as my D&D characters. Very nice models, but don't let the rather obscenely good paintjobs on the website put you off - they airbrush them!

The only problem I find with them is the height difference - only a few millimetres, but sometimes it stands out a lot.

Jonahmaul
23-08-2007, 13:25
I've played the game a couple of times using the rules you get with the blisters. It's an ok game but not great. Some of the miniatures are gorgeous but then some of them are really bad, so a bit like GW really. I've got a few of their miniatures but mostly just to paint, a lot of them don't fit GW's style so look out of place in GW armies.

Luke
23-08-2007, 14:53
I've learned the game but never played. Probably never would untill they actually write the rules in actual comprehensible English. the figures on the other hand are terrific! I love em, the best part is that the hands and feet are in proportion with the rest of them, something not a lot of GW models can claim.

It is a shame they don't do any sort of rat-man army :(

Grom
23-08-2007, 15:23
Technically well in advance of GW, with a much higher level of detail - but a lot of their concepts are a bit naff, and many miniatures are oddly proportioned or over-elaborate.

Depends what you want, really. If you like slightly cartoony steampunk, go Rackham. If you want minimalist and 'historical-style,' Vendel are excellent. For army-builders, West Wind and Black Tree are ideal, and for GW-in-style-but-better Gamezone and Dragonrune are the way to go, while retro-fans ought to take a look at Mirliton and Ral Partha, but those who really appreciate fine sculpting should head for Thunderbolt Mountain. For single characters, of course, Reaper still lead the way.

skavenguy13
23-08-2007, 15:54
Well I started playing not long ago and my opinion is that the game is prety nice and so are the models. But they seem much more "eye-candy" than realistic, compared to warhammer.

"why does this model have this pose, or hold its weapon like this?" no idea, but it looks very cool!