PDA

View Full Version : Grail vow on paladins in low point games?

heldane
23-08-2007, 18:58
Hey all,

I'm beginning to sort out my Bretonnian army that I've had locked away since release and I'm off to a 1000 point tourney with them in a couple of months.

Chances are I'll be playing them as an errantry war list and at the moment i'm trying to work out my characters at the moment. One of the combo's I wanted was virtue of confidence, gauntlet of joust and armour of agulif (which is over points i think).
So anyways, one of the other things I was considering was having the Grail Vow on my characters, but, is it worth it?

So, in short, what are the pro's and cons of it in a smaller point setting?

Dan

sephiroth87
23-08-2007, 20:04
I think it's wasted points. You get access to a few extra items that you have to pay for, Immunity to Psychology that you won't really use, and you essentially get a magic weapon that does adds no extra benefits besides being magical. However, it will look better in an Errantry War list to have the grail paladin.

Tacticaly speaking, I'd rather take the points I was going to spend on a vow and buy another errant knight.

MarcoPollo
24-08-2007, 04:18
I don't even use the grail vow in 2k games. I suppose that if I took an damsel lord then the extra psych help would make the difference; or against undead demons where magic attacks help. At 2 K I have 3 knightly characters all with the knights vow.

Get your knights stuck in and you don't have to worry too much about psychology.

ehlijen
24-08-2007, 04:46
The grail vow is only useful if you want to gain access to one of the grail vow only items.
It's better to get a cheap magic lance and stick him in a unit of KE. Almost the same effect with some extra benefits.
The only reason I see to take the Grail vow is if you're sitting on a monster and want the grail shield. Or if you want your character to join a grail unit, but they rarely need the help anyway.