PDA

View Full Version : The Tale of Poor Sculptors. (TOPS)

Pages : [1] 2

Harry
23-08-2007, 20:40
Originally "The Morley Challnge" A.K.A "Put your Morley where your mouth is!"

The 'Challenge' is simply to take any mini you don't much like and try and do better. (No sculpting experience required).

Heres the rules:

Any Current* GW mini from any sculptor. (*=Any mini that has not been re-sculpted but should have been in your opinion).
Sculpted from scratch. But may use the odd salvaged/cannibalised part. (E.g. a weapon) But must be at least 80-90% scratch built.
May use plasticard as required.
May use any tools for sculpting.
No deadlines, No structure. Post what you have got when you have got it.
(But if everyone tried to posts once a month with an update, however little they have got done, however sh1te there efforts, we will have more to talk about and folks will be encouraged to make some progress each month.
Work on more than one sculpt at a time if you wish.
No one is allowed to say anything complimentary about anyones sculpting however good it is. :D

(Please try to avoid uneccesary abuse of the original sculptors when posting).

Looking forward to seeing the results of your efforts.
... and then taking the p1ss out of it savagely. :D

Firestorm Falcon
23-08-2007, 20:58
Signing Up!
Name: Firestorm
Sculpting: A high elf Archer
Skill level: -72 (out of 10) :D

I say:
No experience, No skill, No hope.

:D:D

Harry
23-08-2007, 21:07
Obviously I am in.

Name: Harry
Sculpting: Alith Anar and a Treeman.
Skill level: 1 (out of 10) I have made my first fumbling attempts with green stuff but never even imagined sculpting a whole figure.

I say:
You will be lucky if you can tell which is Alith and which is the tree!:D

Nexus
23-08-2007, 21:23
Hello chaps

Name: Nexus (or Alex, whatever)
Sculpting: Just Korhil, initially at least.
Skill level: No Tom Meier, but familiar with putty.

I say: This should be a laugh.

Oh and are we still waiting for September or are we to cease champing at the bit?

G.Hawke
23-08-2007, 21:38
Hmm can i use a current sculpt, but change it slightly so its more... Well basically i want to sign up with a Pentitant engine driver (the male one) and use it as a base for my Rogue Psyker. Its pretty much the same except it isn't strapped into a block of metal, but does have the cables.

if so:

Name: Hawke (Dean)
Sculpting: Pentitant engine driver (loose)
Skill level: rough, but good enough for it to be not crap

I say: We are living proof its better to be lucky than smart!

Edit: I shall put it this way:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0566.jpg

Hawke

silverstu
23-08-2007, 23:04
shoot me now
Name: stu
Sculpting:bob the biovore
Skill level: pants

I say:it's a nid- it's supposed to look deformed!

Dead orc
23-08-2007, 23:06
I saw the closure of the other thread and thought that this idea had died... So glad its still alive!

Name: Dead Orc
Sculpting: Lizardman Terradon OR Young Dragon (whichever it looks like most....)
Skill level: Never attempted anything like this but I have done minor greenstuffing without it being instantly noticed...

I say: This may take a while.... I'm determined to be able to look at it myself without wanting to throw it away, no matter how many attempts that takes!

Harry
23-08-2007, 23:33
Oh and are we still waiting for September or are we to cease champing at the bit?
Rule 5 (from post 1)
"No deadlines, No structure. Post what you have got when you have got it".

Starting now. Crack on!

Hmm can i use a current sculpt, but change it slightly so its more... Well basically i want to sign up with a Pentitant engine driver (the male one) and use it as a base for my Rogue Psyker. Its pretty much the same except it isn't strapped into a block of metal, but does have the cables.

Rule 2 (from post 1)
"Sculpted from scratch. But may use the odd salvaged/cannibalised part. (E.g. a weapon) But must be 80-90% scratch built".

If your plans are roughly in tune with this. Your in.

MarvyWill
23-08-2007, 23:50
Hmm, in for a penny...

Name: Will
Sculpting : Orc Bully
Skill Level: Small child sculpting with a rolling pin whilst wearing mittens

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb108/marvywill/OrcBully.gif

Not too bad a model but it irks me 'cos:

a) It is standing a bit funny
b) I don't like the whip
c) It costs 5 from bits mail order
d) I need lots for my army and don't want them all to be the same

JonnyTHM
24-08-2007, 01:10
Name: JonnyTHM
Sculpting: A Bretonnian Knight on foot
Skill level: 3 of 10

I have a bunch of putty, and have even tried to sculpt a face before... it looked like the face from the hero from the quest for glory game... no, not the VGA remake... the original...

I say: If this is something that I feel proud to use, you all get a cookie the next time I'm in the same city as any of you, particularly Harry for getting this contest going.

bluebugs
24-08-2007, 01:29
Why not

Name: Bluebugs
Sculpting: Probably a daemon.
Skill Level: little boy named kevin (RIP)

I choose a deamon, because that's what I'm good at, naked, random, and daemonic. But I suppose I may also throw in something that challenges me a bit as well, although I have no idea what.

Putty
24-08-2007, 01:44
too poor to buy another treeman

Name: Putty
Sculpting: A Treeman
Skill level: ok i'll admit, i had training in sculpture during my formal fine art training but sculpting miniature models is a totally different ball game!

The reasons to why i'm doing a treeman is:

1) I'm too poor to buy the real thing
2) Those bloody legs / arms take forever to pin
3) Those bloody legs don't line up good
4) Wall-filler is $5. Model is $70. e'nuff said
5) I have been wanting to do this so damn long....

Hopefully I can get some pics up tonight!

MIGHTYPanhead
24-08-2007, 03:47
I'm in, but no pictures until I get my greenstuff!

Name: Chris
Scuplting: a Callidus
Skill level: Can sculpt something fine if it's more than a few inches high ;) (otherwise squat)

I say: do or do not, there is no try!

OnnO
24-08-2007, 05:49
Sir, reporting to make a fool out of myself, Sir!

Name: OnnO
Sculpting: Dark Eldar Hellion (or amorphous blob, whichever may be closer to the truth)
Skill level: Even sucks at making a Mr. Potatoe-head...

I say:
I may suck, but atleast I can make people feel better 'bout their skills...

75hastings69
24-08-2007, 07:39
Name: Hastings (Steve)
Sculpting: Ogre Kingdoms Yhetee
Skill level: LOL!!

I say:
This may turn out worse than the original!!! oh and why do I keep joinging these challenges?

Dr Death
24-08-2007, 07:54
Good to see you've brought this back Harry, good ideas dont die easy.

Name: Death (Hugh)
Sculpting: No idea (see shortlist in previous thread)
Skill level: We'll just have to wait and see.

It seems i'm participating in a cross between University Challange (or Universally Challanged is more often the case) and the Generation game... still, at least we're spared Jim Davidson.

Dr Death

synapse
24-08-2007, 07:54
i was really getting into the other thread when i saw it was closed, im so glad its been its done a phoenix and risen :p

Name: Synapse or Nate
Sculpting: um, though i msorely tempted to redo tigurious ill settle for a chaos marauder
Skill level: truescaling marines iand nurglifiying guardsmen s about as far as i go

I say: watch us all fail miserably :D

KnightofUltramar
24-08-2007, 08:05
Thanks for bringing this back Harry

Name: KoU (Roderick)
Sculpting: Savage Orc and Prophet of Doom
Skill Level: No comment:p

Here's the start of my Savage Orc (plastic orc for scale):
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/KnightofUltramar/Orcs%20and%20Goblins/IMG_1299.jpg
The hard part still has to begin I'm afraid: getting all the muscles right:(

Is it okay to post sketches too?

KoU

Wayfarer
24-08-2007, 08:10
Name: Wayfarer or Zach if you want to get all friendly like
Sculpting: High elf lord/hero something
Skill level: Reconstructing bad castings and "true"-scaled marines. Nothing to write home about.

I'll have some WiP shots up soon as I already have some work done.

Putty
24-08-2007, 11:14
got the skeleton for my treeman up.

Mr Unpainted Chaos Warrior is beside for size comparisons.

i didn't have a 50mm base so i kitbashed 9 20mm ones to make a 60mm base :p

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/dezzo1979/treemanskeleton.jpg

Merceus
24-08-2007, 11:58
Name: I have one (Adam)
Sculpting: A model (Daemon Prince)
Skill level: A certain quality (Done random GS conversion here and there... nothing this big) 5/10 (on a good day)

says: I don't dislike the Daemon Prince (40K) model, but the pose isn't that great, and they all look the same (even the Nurgle one is too similar)... so I'm building up and out!

Edit: Are polystyrene balls okay to use?

And why 80-90%? Can't we have 100%? Not that I would do 100...

Harry
24-08-2007, 13:08
Polystyrene is OK.
(But unless you use some green stuff it may look more Michelin man than Deamon Prince. :D)

Sorry. That should read must be AT LEAST 80-90% sctartch built.

Nothing wrong with 100%

Just didn't want folks to think they were not allowed to use existing 'bits' the way profesional sculptors do sometimes.

Black-Tooth
24-08-2007, 13:13
Time to sign on the dotted line...

Name: Black-Tooth
Sculpting: WHFB Chaos Lord of Nurgle
Skill Level: I've done a few sculpts before. We'll just have to see how it goes.

It's not that I dislike the model, but everytime I look at it I think it could have been done better, so I hope to do so. :angel:

Merceus
24-08-2007, 13:29
One more question... if we're going to do say, some kind of power-armoured model... can we use basic marine bodies and legs so long as we sculpt over them? It just seems kind of hard to make something like that from scratch...

Edit: And the Polystyrene's just gonna be part of the skeleton... erm, anyway :wtf:

Rabid Bunny 666
24-08-2007, 13:40
Name; Rabid bunny 666
Sculpting; Slaanesh Lord
Skill Level; i can sculpt a bit, made a few full models, but they're not that good.

Catferret
24-08-2007, 13:41
Another project distracting me from stuff I need to do? Why not...

Name: Catferret
Sculpting: Chaos Marauder/Van Saar Ganger (Not decided yet...)
Skill Level: OK. Not done sculpting from scratch but I can add stuff to other models.

Merceus
24-08-2007, 13:45
Sorry to be a pain, but I didn't see a reply to this question, can we post concept art of the model we are making? It would show that we are making prgress even if we haven't sculpted anything new...

OnnO
24-08-2007, 13:48
I think concept art is part of the project; you need it to sculpt (IMHO) so I'd say:
yes one should be allowed to post it.
(Although I refer to Sir Harry and his wisdom , since he is the instigator of all this :) )

Harry
24-08-2007, 14:08
One more question... if we're going to do say, some kind of power-armoured model... can we use basic marine bodies and legs so long as we sculpt over them? It just seems kind of hard to make something like that from scratch...

No. I think thats cheating. Although no more so than a sculptor using another sculptors dollies I guess which is something else profesional sculptors do ... we are not doing that here. We are sculpting from scratch. Someone sculpted it from scratch once. The idea is to discover how hard it is. I don't think its anymore difficult to do power armour from scratch than bare muscles or anything else.

Rule 2 (from post 1)
"80-90% sctatch built"

Sorry to be a pain, but I didn't see a reply to this question, can we post concept art of the model we are making? It would show that we are making prgress even if we haven't sculpted anything new...
Yes post concept art. It would be great to see if it is something you do.
(I was just going to stick on a silly hat and trust to luck :D)

EDIT : I understood about the polysyrene. It was just my little joke. :D

Merceus
24-08-2007, 14:12
lol, I think I'll be avoiding Marines then... cheers :)

Concept art soon...

Edit: Scanner doesn't seem to like me... so meh...

aggraae
24-08-2007, 14:19
Well why not join.
Name: Aggraae
Sculpting: A dwarf of some kind
Skill level: hmm hard to say not made a whole greenstuffed figure so...

The Super Haggis
24-08-2007, 14:43
Name: The Super Haggis (Nick)
Sculpting: Dragon, ogryn, imperial guardsman, anything else that i think of as I go along!
Skill level: 'Cos I"m super modest, I'll leave this blank!

I say: "There is no such thing as Art, only artists."

Cheers,

Nick.

P.S. Woot! No deadlines! (Damn your infernal TOFP deadlines Harry!)

Merceus
24-08-2007, 15:24
EDIT : I understood about the polysyrene. It was just my little joke. :D

I know... I just state the obvious... and have problems... Problem Child!! :D

Well the scanners crapped out... so I can't show the concept stuff... It's just some legs (totally undecorated), a head, sword and backpack...

Edit: Begun some ideas for leg decoration and what not...

Arhalien
24-08-2007, 15:48
ARRGHHHH!! I know I don;t have the time for this but I'm still tempted to join.... So irritating :(

Merceus
24-08-2007, 16:11
Go on Arhalien! You can do it! You don't need time either!

Firestorm Falcon
24-08-2007, 19:57
You know you want to join Arhalien. It won't take too much time out of your busy day.

I've even started my sculpt.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p180/cry-of-the-wind/stuff002.jpg
Here you see. From left to right.

The archer's head (all you can see in the pic is the hair lol).
The under-cloth section of the archer's legs.
The archer's left arm (the long bit sticking out on the left will be removed).

Oh Dear, it's absolutely hideous, what have I done.

Come on Arhalien I chalenge you sculpt better! Put your morely where your mouth is!

Harry
24-08-2007, 20:07
Why is you Elf wearing slippers? :D

Wayfarer
24-08-2007, 20:09
Well here are some pictures. Gaze upon the globs and goo that is my sculpt.

Preliminary:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/holybolter/Greens/sip1.jpg

Adding bulk:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/holybolter/Greens/sip2.jpg

Some detail:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/holybolter/Greens/sip3.jpg

I wish now that I had started with thicker armature wire and that I had given myself some more room around the feet to work with but at the moment I think things are going well. I didn't sketch up any concept art because I had a pretty clear idea in my head (which has now changed thirteen times...) of what I was sculpting. However I may draw something up for the hell of it, only problem is that I am a terrible illustrator.

Zodiac
24-08-2007, 21:26
***** ! Wayfarer actually has talent! Let's vote him out!

Merceus
24-08-2007, 22:00
And do it quickly!! It could be a Leech power! OR worse! CONTAGIOUS!!!

Nexus
25-08-2007, 01:26
Since the intention of this thread (or one of the intentions, at least) is to get people to try new things, I thought I'd try something a bit different and turn Korhil's axe shaft. The double bit nature of the axe chayal means a straight shaft is probably for the best, meaning turning it is a reasonable option. Aesthetically, I think a single bit would look nicer, with a sweeping elfy looking shaft. However, both versions of Korhil thus far produced have had it with two heads, so I'm sticking with it. So, did turning deliver the goods?

Well, it didn't exactly. I managed to get a few nice effects, but also not quite what I wanted. I'm going to have another go, with brown stuff this time, and scuff up the core to try to get the putty to stick a bit better. The milliput wasn't very god at sticking after a while, but I think that'd because my core was really smooth.

On the point of milliput, I bought some yesterday. Brand new, I crack it open tonight and one of the sausages has a thick, hard skin on the outside. So that's got to go back tomorrow, and I'm going to go through all the boxes Hobbycraft have in stock, until I find one that's alright. That's if they have one, which I'm somewhat skeptical about. I really hate being sold something that's broken, stale, or otherwise unusable. It's not just having to take it back, it's the fact that I've come hom, sat down to do something and been able to do much less, because of it.

Oops, turned into a rant! I took a pic of my skinned armature earlier, which I think I might keep hold of for now, because it's not very exciting (Ooh, wire and a smidgen of putty!).

Okay so, plan of action ATM: Have another crack at this axe handle business, get some new milliput and finish muscling up the man (elf) himself.

Lavieth
25-08-2007, 02:13
Count me in!

Name: Lavieth Paul)
Sculpting: Dark Elf Sorceress
Skill Level: 3 year old with Play-Doh

I just can't stand the mounted one, but I think that might me too much of a challenge right now. So one on foot!

JT-Y
25-08-2007, 05:05
Hmmm...

Interest piqued...

Now, what do I hate with a particular passion?

Question is, if I opt to do a mounted model, am I allowed to use a pre-cast blank horse?
I don't dislike the GW horses, but often dispise the tack and riders...

Dr Death
25-08-2007, 07:58
I think it's acceptable to use pre-existing mounts so long as you leave them unmodified. They wont count at all to the judgement of your sculpt but are really just formers if you will. Change anything on the mount (from adding a gem right up to resculpting portions to repose) and you're definately into sculpting territory and have to do the whole thing.

Dr Death

Merceus
25-08-2007, 09:23
What if we were just showing off the rider?

Sorry, still no pics... I haven't been able to get out yet and the scanner still has a strog dislike of me...

Nexus
25-08-2007, 10:56
On the matter of horses, if you're using something like ebob's mounts or other stuff that's available for reproduction I reckon you should be alright.

Plenty of people use his horses and the practice of using items like them almost amounts to an industry standard. Moving a leg or resculpting the face of the horse or whatever is hardly an issue.

Not many people are going to want to even have a go at cavalry if they're having to produce the mount as well (unless it's an unusual one). Seems like a lot of hard work that 'real' sculptors rarely undertake anyway.

Arhalien
25-08-2007, 11:58
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I've decided that I'm not in :(

Best of luck to everyone else taking part.

And Firestorm: I thought Elves were supposed to be slim and graceful? :p
(just following Harry's rules ;))

Firestorm Falcon
25-08-2007, 11:59
My elf is slim and graceful. Compared to a ogre ;).

Arhalien
25-08-2007, 12:04
I think I can reply to that quite simply Firestorm:
:p

DarthSte
25-08-2007, 12:46
Name: Darthste (Steve)
Sculpting: Ragnar Blackmane
Skill Level: Untested since art classes at school 15 years ago. Though I was ok then...

I think when I last did some sculpting the Ragnar miniature was fine, fitted in with the range quite well. Time, fashions and standards change, and I think now it looks quite dated - not bad, just dated.

Having not ever sculpted on this small scale, and not really done any proper sculting for 15 years I hope to get one (or more) of three things from this exercise:
1) Hopefully I will be really good, and will be able to start a small scale well respected business like Felix, making generals for 40K armies.
2) I want to learn (maybe?) a new skill and if not, get a much greater appreciation of the hard work that goes into my little men, even the ones that large numbers of people don't like.
3) If I fail at one and two, I hope that I fail so badly that I make everybody else feel better about theirown work, and cause a great deal of amusement at the same time...
I think number three will be the most likely result of this challenge.

Merceus
26-08-2007, 11:17
Oh, crap! I left all my concept pics behind when I came home :(

I'll have to get them over the weekend... besides, I'm painting my Defiler this week... so I probably wouldn't have been able to do it anyway... I got the stuff I needed for it though :D

Death Korp
26-08-2007, 13:31
I'll attempt to have a go...

Name: Death Korp
Sculpturing: Imperial Guardsman
Skill Level: If i'm useless at play doh, this will be worse...

Death Korp
26-08-2007, 13:51
Actually, i'll not bother, as it will be a waste of green stuff, and i'll save it for filling my DKOKs' joints. But i'll watch you guys though. Wish you luck, and hope for you to have better skills then me!!!!!

DK

Merceus
26-08-2007, 14:32
Well I've made a start on the torso (no pics yet), seeing as how I hadn't made any drawings o' that... I'll get a pic when its on a base and got some more skeleton going on...

bluebugs
27-08-2007, 17:16
not too big of an update, but here's a skeleton. with any luck this will be a daemon prince/exalted, and if i get lazy with the wings, it will just be a spawn of sorts. anyway, here he is. and that face isn't permanent, i just wanted to fool around.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Branjack88/tops002.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Branjack88/tops003.jpg

de Selby
28-08-2007, 10:06
Still looking forward to seeing the results of this re-named project.

Also it seems apposite to mention that Gary Morley has now apparently left GW:

http://206.251.75.210/forums/showthread.php?p=1859585#post1859585

Captain Ardias
28-08-2007, 10:26
Well since it's no time limit I guess I'll give this a go.

Name: Captain Ardias
Sculpturing: Yhetee or Strigoi vampire (haven't quite decided yet)
Skill Level: I can sculpt a patch of decent looking fur...

I'm really looking forward to how this is going to turn out.

Merceus
28-08-2007, 15:24
I hate the legs I made... So I need a base first... I'll pop it on the end of my Mail Order tommorrow... so either Thursday or next week will hopefully see some pics... depending...

Nexus
28-08-2007, 16:49
Erm...why order a base? There are a multitude of options available for fixing your WIP miniature to, the miniature base being one of the worst, IMO.

Grab youself a cork or make a clamp from two bits of wood with a bolt and wingnut. Both cheap and work well, first time and many more times after that.

Merceus
29-08-2007, 11:41
Erm...why order a base? There are a multitude of options available for fixing your WIP miniature to, the miniature base being one of the worst, IMO.

Grab youself a cork or make a clamp from two bits of wood with a bolt and wingnut. Both cheap and work well, first time and many more times after that.

yeah... but... he goes on a base when he's finished...

Anyway, the local GW phone was broke... so I couldnt make my order... sad... And turns out I cant get the concept stuff until next weekend... sad again...

PS, nice work G.Hawke :D

Edit: the forum screwed up again... my post went before G.Hawke's... weird...

G.Hawke
here my floaty minion of doom as he... well floats

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0580.jpg

Hawke

Firestorm Falcon
A well sculpted minion Hawk. Very nice indeed, I need to get some more green stuff so don't expect any work from me any time soon.

Arhalien
29-08-2007, 19:28
Hmm, your post is fixed Merceus, Firestorm's isn;t though :)

Oh, and G.Hawke, that is pathetic! (I actually like it but I'm following Harry's rules here ;) Don;t tell him I said something positive.)

Ender Shadowkin
29-08-2007, 20:37
Harry, damn you I wish I had more time for these great thread you are starting. I hate when life gets in the way of well, my life :-)

I have started a few of these, maybe i will get around to finishing them, my totally from scratch built models are unfortunatly some rather unoriginal Treekin and treeman redo's . . . lets see if I can get kick started again.

Skill Level, about 2 rungs lower than the other worst guy.

Black-Tooth
29-08-2007, 23:59
Bluebugs, it's curious that you chose to give your Deamon Prince a tail...What made you do that?

Hawke, I don't mean this in a bad way, but I was just wondering why your model looked like it's got sand over it. Did you file it, or is it actual sand?

Will post concept art soon, haha. :cheese:

JT-Y
30-08-2007, 05:16
yeah... but... he goes on a base when he's finished...

True.
But a cork or clamp is easier to hold whilst working on the model as you have more space for your fingers.

Trust me, there is no substitute for doing things the right way and making life easier by far.

Corks are better, as the best approach is to leave the armature long and push the excess into the cork, allowing you to sculpt what you want with a stable grasp on it.

Also, ask nicely if the local GW can spare you a base from the huge bits box they have in the storeroom.
I would never pay 75p to mail order a plastic base, certainly not if I was stood in the shop...

DarthSte
30-08-2007, 06:45
Oh, and G.Hawke, that is pathetic! (I actually like it but I'm following Harry's rules here ;) Don;t tell him I said something positive.)

Yes to follow Harry's rules: Hawke - disappointed with that. I mean why is it all green? Shocking....

Feel free to say something "nice" about mine when I am brave enough to post anything...

Wayfarer
30-08-2007, 07:08
Little update from me. I added more armor, including basic chest armor. I sculpted in a belt with a giant gem. (That's high elves right? Giant gems?) And then I put in a basic loincloth. Next I think I'll add detail to the leg armor, maybe more gems or something, then the chainmail skirts that HE have. That's sort of why things look rough at this point is that I know a lot will be covered up by the skirt.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/holybolter/Greens/sip4.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/holybolter/Greens/sip5.jpg

G.Hawke
30-08-2007, 07:59
Hawke, I don't mean this in a bad way, but I was just wondering why your model looked like it's got sand over it. Did you file it, or is it actual sand?

its the filing process, at the time of the pic i hadn't had chance to remove the "rough" sanding, i'm working on making him less cardboard cut out so,

Hawke

THE CHIEF
30-08-2007, 15:46
OK I am gonna sign myself up for this. So far my efforts in the 'Tale of X Painters' has resulted in nothing last month and nothing this month either, but I'm planning on getting my modellers bottom in gear now and doing some serious work!

Name: THE CHIEF
Sculpting: A Broodlord
Skillz: Never tried more than gap filling! (well, I have, but we don't talk about that).
Reason: It's a silly looking model and I want something that looks scary and fast/dashing forward. It will also be the centrepiece for a pure Genestealer army.

Harry
30-08-2007, 17:22
The rule about saying nothing complimentary was more of a joke rule really rather than a hard and fast rule. :D

The thinking behind it was that if everybodies work got slagged off it would not discourage those whose work was pants when no one could think of anything positive to say.:D

(It was also to try to deliver the experience of a GW sculptor when all the people who like a sculpt don't bother to post whilst all those who don't like it are linning up to say so).

Obviously when something is worthy of praise it should be given.
And to that end.

@Firestorm Falcon. Congrats on being brave enough to post that. I mean post first.

@Bluebugs. it looks like something out of an ailen movie. (after its been hit with the flamer!)

@G.Hawke. The floaty minion of doom has something in common with another floater I saw this morning. They are both ...

@Wayfarer. Is that cellulite on that elves butt cheeks? And I know Elves are pansies but is he actually skipping to war?

:D :D (I have used double smiles just so everyone knows I am joking).

Arhalien
30-08-2007, 17:55
Oh dear, Wayfarer seems to have some ability.... git :p :D

Nexus
30-08-2007, 20:41
I've made a bit of progress, finished his face and most of the body musculature. I've tried quite a few methods for the axe Chayal, turning steel, milliput on steel, just milliput and most recently, copper. My latest attempt came out alright without snapping the length of wire I was using, which I'm going to put some putty over to get the shape I've been looking for.

I've also made the bits for the axe, now they require some more shaping and an edge adding. I also cracked a sheet of milliput for the base, which turned out alright but I might have another crack (ha!) at that.

Unfortunately, while riding my bike today, I took a bit of a tumble. I managed to open my knuckles, both elbows, the heel of my other hand, and my knee. And my shoulder is dead sore. Although most of the damage is to my off side, it's still going to be a bit problematic, since that's what I hold the cork with.

I'll persevere though, hopefully tomorrow will result in some more progress and some pics. I think I've still got my initial skinning stage pic as well, so I'll put that up with the other images.

Gazak Blacktoof
31-08-2007, 11:09
Nice to see this thread didn't die with the closure of its prior incarnation.

Just a couple of comments for wayfarer.

The gemstone has slightly to thick a profile in my opinion it looks too much an afterthought (though it probably wasn't).

Also the chest armour looks a little weird, I'd have thought the plates would have overlapped with the plates higher up the torso partially covering the lower ones not the other way round as you have it.

@Harry is there a requirement for this to be a fantasy figure? I'm still considering options.

Edit- sorry realised Hawke is obviously doing a 40K mini so obviously not. I'd like to do some non-ugly necron ships for BFG or as an alternative if we're doing "people" a norse marauder or chaos warrior for fantasy.

OnnO
31-08-2007, 11:11
@Harry is there a requirement for this to be a fantasy figure? I'm still considering options.

Nope, it's Dark Eldar for me :)

Nexus
31-08-2007, 23:17
Okie dokie, here are some pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/nexus17/DSC02093.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/nexus17/DSC02099.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/nexus17/DSC02095.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/nexus17/DSC02096.jpg

Couldn't get them to colour balance properly on the laptop, only got the cheapo microsoft photo edit thingy. For reference, the mini is a neutral grey, the background is white.

The first, third and last pic show where I'm up to from three angles, the second is a shot of the pieces of the axe. There's a second identical blade, waiting for the shaft to be finished so they can both be attached. The axe will have to be finished before I can finish Korhil's hands, otherwise I'll end up with the funny cupping hand look that some historicals tend to have. Apart from that, the basics are almost entirely complete, now I can start adding things like clothing and armour. I've decided to go for bare arms, to show that Korhil is incredibly strong for a high elf.

Oh, and I thought I'd take a snap of my hand. It's started to heal up alright already, but it's still a bit sore. The elbow is worse, but I'm not taking my dressing off that yet, and my shoulder means I've not got much strength at all in my left arm. It's slowing me down, but I'm still making progress.

Manky hand pic (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/nexus17/DSC02098.jpg)

Okay, fire away!

scarletsquig
01-09-2007, 01:34
Scary.

That Korhil's got the potential to look better than the GW one... before it's even been released.

I may do something for this. I'm a trainee animator and some sculpting practice for the stop-motion side of things might come in handy later down the line.

Harry
01-09-2007, 06:56
Feel free to join in. The more the merrier.

No start date, No dead lines on this thread so anyone just feel free to pitch in.

Nexus if thats what you do with a bust up hand I think I should send someone around to break your fingers. You could be really good. :D

DarthSte
01-09-2007, 10:01
Nexus, I really liked it. The scabbing between the knuckles was fantastic. Much better than I've managed to achieve.

Korhil is ok. :D

Gazak Blacktoof
01-09-2007, 13:07
Excellent looking elf Nexus the musculature is particularly good.

I'll get working on some concept sketches for some alternative necron ships.

When I get them done then I might have a go at some "people". Not sure which will be more difficult, certainly if you get "people" wrong everybody can spot the mistakes, ship design might be more forgiving, the concept stage might be more difficult though.

EDIT:hopefully I'll have some scribblings for you to look at by the end of the afternoon.

EDIT 2: got my scribblings for a new dirge class raider. I'll pretty them up and post something tomorrow. Its now a tetrafoil shape in section and looks like a kopesh from the side. Hopefully submerged i.e. landed, it should look like an obelisk.

Nexus
02-09-2007, 19:20
Made a bit more progress on Korhil. His arms are starting to take shape and the axe is edging towards completion.

Spent most of today shopping for a new bike, plumped for a Specialized hardrock pro disc 07 in the end, not bad at 175 off the rrp! I'm home now though, watching fotr and getting on with some sculpting.

Anyway, the point of my post. Have you all seen the pics of the high elf chariot with the lions pulling it (here it is for those who haven't (http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25654&d=1185190991))? Those are some hefty felines and Charandis is supposed to be a monster amongst lions. Now, these lions are cool, but if that's the size of a Chracian mountain lion, then the pelt is going to be simply huge.

The pic does confirm something I've been pondering though. I was leaning towards a smooth pelt, with trditional furriness around the paws and whatnot, rather than having sculpted detail all over. It looks good on these and on Hasslefree's libby on big cat. The head and paws mean it'd be pretty unmistakable, but the surface would not restrict painting.

So, (mostly) smooth coat. I'm thinking only two paws, probably draped over his shoulders. I'd like to include the head, but unless it goes over Korhil's own (which I suppose could be quite cool, in its own way), it could look pretty awkward or tacked on.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing progress elsewhere, what happened to all the excited people from the other thread?

Black-Tooth
02-09-2007, 19:52
I spent a couple of minutes scetching out this. It's a very vague plan of what I want to do. I know the picture's not that good, but it was more for myself to make sure the bits I wanted fitted together.

Gazak Blacktoof
03-09-2007, 10:08
Well this is what I've got so far. This is just the preliminary, didn't get a chance to do the decent version, as I was playing 3-player hot-seat civilization.

I ran out of space for increasing the size of the obelisk unfortunately but the next drawing should be neater and more the final shape I want. The panelling on the top "wing" will be on both faces of all 3 wings and will be spaced to look similar to the armour on the monolith.

The obelisk doesn't show it very well yet but it too will be panelled to give it some texture and detail, continuing the pattern on the "nose" down its length. If its long enough I might attempt to put the panelling in a helical pattern just for the sake of it.

I feel like I'm cheating here so after this is finished I'm definitely doing something humanoid or at least biological as this will no doubt be fiddly but primarily plasticard rather than greenstuff.

EDIT: The one problem I can see with my design is that I'm not sure if it's suitbale for moulding. Perhaps I can round off the recesses with GS to allow for moulding?

Nexus
03-09-2007, 11:51
If it's made out of plasicard, you'd have to mould it in rtv in the first place. RTV lets you build mulds that are better suited to complex shapes. You could make a 3 part mould for your ship, for instance, with the boundaries following the wings.

Another alternative is to cut up your original (in this case probably into two pieces) so it is suitable for two part moulding. Here, you would probably have the main fuselage with one wing, then the other two together.

How big are you plannng on making this? If you go for a regular hexagonal cross section, you could use hexagonal plastic rod, making the whole thing squarer, truer, etc.

Gazak Blacktoof
03-09-2007, 15:29
Well its a BFG escort so about that big. Imperial escorts are about 32mm in length. I'll be aiming for something around that size, perhaps slightly longer once the obelisk in the centre is lengthened.

The section through the hull will either be a regular hexagon (which as you say will make it easier) or perhaps as I've drawn it above which would entail using triangular section and trimming the corners. I've found a site (http://www.expotools.co.uk/1308_1.html) where I can reference the bits I need and here (http://www.modellersmate.co.uk/plasticard.htm) a local store based in woodbridge (2 towns over) where I can procure the section and various thicknesses of plasticard.

I'm hoping to get some scale drawings done in the next 2 days. Once I've done my drawings if anybody that knows (Nexus :angel: I did say how lovely that elf was looking didn't I?) could point out the pitfalls I'd be grateful.

Currently I'm thinking of making the wings and fuselage (obelisk) separately, one this will save cutting anything up and two it might mean I can cheat and create just one wing:p. This should ensure all wings look the same. I'd like to make several variant wings that way not all ships would have to be identical but could still have a matched set of wings.

Nexus
03-09-2007, 16:30
The single wing idea is one with a lot of merit. I was turning it over in my head after my last post. The obelisk shape is fine as it is, but it may be difficult to reproduce consistently in the flesh, so to speak. I've never come across a ruler that could help you make those cuts, for example :-P

There might be a way in which you could construct the shape from triangles or other lengths of regular cross section pieces. Maybe glue pieces of sheet to three of the six sides of a regular hexagon and make the sides flush. Essentially, the minimum of stuff that you're doing with a knife and the maximum that is done by industrial process, the more precise a finish you'll end up with.

And remember; measure twice, cut once.

I've spotted a possible problem with your wings, depending on how you envision you're going to mould and cast them. It looks like you're going to lips at the leading edges of the wing, with details between them along some of the length. The best way to cast that would probably be to have the seam along the plane of the wing, ending at the opposite points of the wings. Just envision trying to pull the mould halves apart to release the wing, and consider where the mould might get caught on the original.

Rider-Of-Kurnous
03-09-2007, 17:16
Im in.:D

name: Uhm, Rider-Of-Kurnous
Skill Level: I cnnot even fill in gaps well with greenstuff.:confused:
Sculpting: An alter noble(wood elf)

RedWolf
04-09-2007, 08:29
I=teh want in too!!1111 –eleven-

So, after being introduced to the hobby, I tried to sculpt, with absolutely no aim, and no idea what I was doing. Needless to say kids, NEVER HEAD INTO SOMETHING WITHOUT A PLAN.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1707/testuk1.jpg

Nevertheless, after three hours, my first project came out not that bad. Mind you, I did this with a toothpick >=)

Arhalien
04-09-2007, 14:41
Hmm, it's looking better than Firestorm's effort already ;) :p

Merceus
04-09-2007, 14:51
Right... erm... okay... still done nothing... my bad... I think I'm gonna use this to get to work on my Mega-Greater-Uber-Daemon thing...

He's called Cerotid... I'll get some pics up later... if I finish him I may move onto the Daemon Prince I was talking about on page 2...

Firestorm Falcon
04-09-2007, 19:00
Hmm, it's looking better than Firestorm's effort already ;) :p

I resent that comment (It's true though :)).

RedWolf
05-09-2007, 01:17
huh o_o what's better than what? I also ruined that thing by painting it x-x

AUGH DAMN THE CHAOS GODS!!

Merceus
05-09-2007, 18:29
Yay! Work has begun! (or continued...)... anyway... here's what I have so far... he still needs arms and a head... then once I've milliputed all the basics I'll use Green stuff to add the detailing...

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2959/cerotidworkfo0.jpg

Gazak Blacktoof
05-09-2007, 21:22
The best way to cast that would probably be to have the seam along the plane of the wing, ending at the opposite points of the wings. Just envision trying to pull the mould halves apart to release the wing, and consider where the mould might get caught on the original.

This is what I'm thinking too. I don't know how flexible the silicone is but I'm assuming it would move over distances large enough to allow me to remove the wing from the mould if it was done that way. The panels wont be that thick (0.1-0.2 mm) and if the wing is pulled out parrallel to the bottom (where it joins the obelisk) I hope it would slide out without too many problems.

I'm pressuming that the moulds might wear quickly though on the panel detailing?

Proper scale drawings late tomorrow.

EDIT @Merceus: That looks like something out of doctor who at the moment :p

Nexus
06-09-2007, 13:41
Depending on what the moulds are made of, how thick they are, the angle they are in the mould, etc, the mould wear could be greater or lesser. As a general rule of thumb, stuff that is going to have a cavity behind it will either break off when de-moulding or be a mould ripper. If you're casting in resin with a fairly stiff mould, I'd lean towards the resin snapping off in the mould.

It's a tricky shape, being fairly flat like it is, but with surface detail. If you're making the mould up yourself, you could try putting the boundary on the lip itself, so that you've only got one to cast.

I'm looking forward to the drawings.

Oh, and I got my bike :D

Dead orc
06-09-2007, 16:43
First picture update from me!

Mostly finished the face on my terradon, although I now fear he's going to look rather stubby because of the armature i made....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/DeadOrc/Fantasy/TOPSface2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/DeadOrc/Fantasy/TOPSface1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/DeadOrc/Fantasy/TOPSarmature2.jpg

Nice sized wings though :D

Gazak Blacktoof
06-09-2007, 16:50
I once saw an article where a guy used a mix of greenstuff and milliput to create wings as it gives better working properties for thin surfaces (he was making a bat). I've got no idea what the ratios were though unfortunately.

EDIT: Found the article (http://www.lyonstudio.biz/Sculpting/Lippman1.htm) but it doesn't give ratios.

There are a few general tips and techniques there too

Justice
06-09-2007, 20:50
is it too late to join in? (or at least say I'll join in and then never actualy get my ass in gear...)

Name: Justin
Sculpting: Capatin Cortez of the Crimson Fists (worst.mini.ever)
Skill Level: Semi-Pro :D

Harry
07-09-2007, 06:30
No, its not too late, (no start date, no finish date), do join in.

So, after being introduced to the hobby, I tried to sculpt, with absolutely no aim, and no idea what I was doing. Needless to say kids, NEVER HEAD INTO SOMETHING WITHOUT A PLAN.
Perhaps if you could tell us what this is? (as it's not immediately apparrent).:D

Yay! Work has begun! (or continued...)... anyway... here's what I have so far... he still needs arms and a head...
oooooh, I think it needs a bit more than that. :D

First picture update from me!

Mostly finished the face on my terradon, although I now fear he's going to look rather stubby because of the armature i made....
Its easy to see looking at your sculpt why they became extinct. :D

G.Hawke
07-09-2007, 09:46
Ok here is my latest sculpt i'm WIP on:

Kharn the Betrayer
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0633.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0630.jpg

And the artwork for this model:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspacemarines/kharn/images/kharn-art-01.jpg

Hawke

Dead orc
07-09-2007, 18:10
@G.Hawke: Yours looks about as dynamic as an old man with a zimmer frame, so unless your doing ol' man Kharn its not going to match the artwork!

Hehehe, good start to your mini, I'd mix a small amount of GS and use that to smooth over the armour while the GS is very soft, should fill in the small gaps. Just use a very wet tool for this, fishes work fine.

Merceus
07-09-2007, 18:29
EDIT @Merceus: That looks like something out of doctor who at the moment :p

I wish... though with the BBCs lack of good graphics... hmm... but nah... :cries:

Edit: And I now have my original concept pics back... though considering im onto the bigger guy, its too late for now...

G.Hawke
08-09-2007, 16:56
@G.Hawke: Yours looks about as dynamic as an old man with a zimmer frame, so unless your doing ol' man Kharn its not going to match the artwork!

"Zimmers for the Zimmer god!"

kharn of the OAP millenium, lord of chess, taker of naps

Definatly intresting idea's.

Hawke

MutantMaggot
08-09-2007, 17:01
:D Describes this thread in one.

I can't decide whether to join or not, sculpting a chaos familiar and Nagash...?

When I get more GS, I'll get started.

Name: The Dark Lord Alex
Sculpting: Chaos familiar, Nagash
Says: Gary Morley's Nagash will pale in comparison to my almighty efforts! (The humour side, anyway.)
Skill: What skill?

Familiars can look like anything, right? So a blob of GS will do...?

G.Hawke
08-09-2007, 18:00
Ok update on the bezimmer, during the cleaning process i was removing the excess gs (which i've had to put some back because of the splitering gs) so i removed a leg, and when i put it back i noticed... look a better pose!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0636.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0637.jpg

Hawke

Merceus
08-09-2007, 18:02
ooh :eek: those are such cool legs... how did they get done?

(Before anyone says anything, I am not admiring Hawkes work... I am admiring Kharn's legs)

G.Hawke
08-09-2007, 18:08
Hehe, i just shifted the right leg back,

as for the way i've scultped this, i've got a present for those yet to start

Armatures set up:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/Sculpting/1-ajoutdematirere.jpg

Hawke

p.s. SO SIGGIN THAT!

Arhalien
08-09-2007, 18:10
Well anyone can use a diagram; shortcuts like that just show a lack of talent. It takes a real genius to make a mess of things without pretty pictures to help. :p :D

G.Hawke
08-09-2007, 18:14
Well anyone can use a diagram; shortcuts like that just show a lack of talent. It takes a real genius to make a mess of things without pretty pictures to help. :p :D

So true, such wise wise wise words considering they came from an orange fuzzball.

Hawke

Merceus
08-09-2007, 18:21
Me? Sigged? :D When did I forget about the wormhole I apparently went through? :wtf:

That stick man confuses me... but I may have to use it at some time or another :evilgrin:

So true, such wise wise wise words considering they came from an orange fuzzball.

Hawke

oh... didn't you know? When he typed his username he made a typo, it was meant to read "Argh Alien!"

MutantMaggot
08-09-2007, 18:24
@ Hawke
Not sure that would work for a chaos spawn ... :D

G.Hawke
08-09-2007, 18:30
@ Hawke
Not sure that would work for a chaos spawn ... :D

just do what our friend the fuzzy suggests, take the frame and then do what 40k players do best. Make a pigs ear of it! Hell throw in several extra limbs, and why not another head? can't got wrong with two personalities. i know, i've got several kept on hand for occasions of bordem

And no, no wormhole Merceus, more of a temporalmuliphasic dimensional shift on the axis of the universe.

hawke

Merceus
08-09-2007, 18:36
Ah yes, those are always much smoother rides then those silly outdated wormholes :p

MutantMaggot
08-09-2007, 18:51
Wormhole, where?

Ah, I see, it's a temporalmuliphasic dimensional shift on the axis of the universe. Much quicker and easier to understand, of course, too. :D

MutantMaggot
08-09-2007, 18:54
oh... didn't you know? When he typed his username he made a typo, it was meant to read "Argh Alien!"
:p :p
Lol.
:rolleyes: Not another line for the sig of that mon- orangutan!

Merceus
08-09-2007, 18:55
Who doesn't understand the concept of a temporalmuliphasic dimensional shift on the axis of the universe? It's like sci-geek-chemi-physi-bio-fi 101!!! duh!

And has inspired the name of my new web-comic...

QUANTUM-NOVA-SHIFT-X-33 coming soon

:p :p
Lol.
:rolleyes: Not another line for the sig of that mon- orangutan!

2 in one day? I'm on the take-over! World domination will be mine, baby! Boo-yah! erm... I mean... er... :angel:

MutantMaggot
08-09-2007, 19:00
Umm... he hasn't sigged it yet, Merceus. It was a suggestion.

MutantMaggot

PS> World Dominion's my occupation, not yours!

Merceus
08-09-2007, 19:04
I know he hasn't... but if he did, then it would be two...

and I've been dreaming of World Domination for far longer then you! I will have Earth... you can have the moon or something...

MutantMaggot
08-09-2007, 19:12
Earth? Who wants Earth? It filled with -- *shudders* -- humans. Those good-for-nothing scum!

Yes, you have Earth. I'll settle for an easier goal -- galaxy dominion!

Merceus
08-09-2007, 19:29
What do you mean good-for-nothing? They make excellent batteries when liquified!

MutantMaggot
08-09-2007, 19:37
I like your thinking, but...

Why use humans when you can just as easily conquer the galaxy with daemons, xenos and zombies?

Anyway, we should probably return to the topic of sculpting now before an admin tells us off...

Harry, are we allowed to use parts of models as blades or spikes in chaos creatures?

Merceus
08-09-2007, 19:43
So long as its not more then 20%... or something... *shifty eyes*

hmm

Arhalien
08-09-2007, 19:54

Thanks for the suggestion MM; I wouldn;t have noticed that line otherwise ;)

Harry
08-09-2007, 20:29
Harr, are we allowed to use parts of models as blades or spikes in chaos creatures?
Yes, Mu, we are.

G.Hawke
09-09-2007, 00:17
Earth? Who wants Earth? It filled with -- *shudders* -- humans. Those good-for-nothing scum!

I'll take it. i mean think of all the conversion possibilities. I could take all the spare humans and make a blood pact army. i mean one limb here, another there and i've got mutant hordes!

Or i could always use the french.... but i don't like pre-cast units.

Hawke

Nexus
09-09-2007, 00:53
Don't want to derail the thread or anything :rolleyes: but any further thoughts on the lion pelt thing I discussed previously?

Korhil is coming along, the axe chayal is complete, but I can't make any further progress on the arm and hand front until I decide what I'm going to do with his hair, a helmet, a lion head hat thing or whatever. He's moving towards being clothed as well, currently one of his trouser legs is curing under the lamp. Next up, the second trouser leg, followed by the skirty thing and, eventually, the scale armour. I'm thinking that the skirt might be problematic, with the bend in the leading leg. Hmm.

Also, I can't beleive I missed the rugby today! Me and a mate sat through the first two matches in the pub, bought god knows how many drinks between us, a meal each and then the poxy football match is on and *ping* channel change. Unbelievable, missing the one match we really wanted to see. The gits.

MutantMaggot
09-09-2007, 07:43
Yes, Mu, we are.

Sorry about the "Harr" -- I didn't check my post. :( :p

@ Hawke -- I think they're actually called "flesh golems", but they take too long to sew together and animate -- nah, for World Dominion, try Werewolves or vampires.

@ Nexus -- can we have some pictures?

Merceus
09-09-2007, 08:57
I thought the Harr was just a random noise... you know... for something... :wtf:

MutantMaggot
09-09-2007, 09:11
No... that would be "Arr" for pirates -- can you imagine them saying: "Harr! Land ahoy to Starboard!" No, I think it's best that we stick with the "Arr", Merceus.

Merceus
09-09-2007, 10:19
Could be a pirate with a speech impediment... or some weird kind of animal... I dunno... Anyway, it may be too early to think, but do you think my Daemon should have a Weapon or be unarmed?

MutantMaggot
09-09-2007, 10:35
Definately no weapon. A sword is well ... a sword, but when you're faced with a daemon with no weapon, it definately's more scary. Besides, without a weapon you can have symmetrical poses. :D

Nexus
09-09-2007, 10:37
do you think my Daemon should have a Weapon or be unarmed?

Armed with a particularly sharply-worded letter?

Merceus
09-09-2007, 11:15
lol... yeah, guess I'll leave him weaponless... though he'll be wearing some armour... mainly a chest plate, groin and thigh guards ad some wristbands...

Edit: When they're done can we post painted pics? Or are we limited to sculpt only?

Arhalien
09-09-2007, 11:31
Well as painting them would probably make them look better than they really are I'd imagine not :p

G.Hawke
09-09-2007, 19:21
far too much wording without pictures!

So here is some:

Look ma! i've got no upper chest!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0642.jpg
Does my **** look armoured in this?
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0638.jpg
and a helm WIP
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0640.jpg

Hawke

G.Hawke
09-09-2007, 20:11
and further updates:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0644.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0643.jpg

Hawke

G.Hawke
10-09-2007, 15:47
A further update of the bettleborg:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0647.jpg

Hawke

MutantMaggot
10-09-2007, 16:48
Loving the face -- er, I mean I hate it! Er ... what is it? :D Oh, I see ... Grandpa Kharne has finally decided his face wanted to go for the "insect" look!

(Just following Harry's rules here chaps!)

Dr Death
11-09-2007, 13:27
Just thought i'd throw in that i am still eager to start on this project, i'm just a little busy with some others at this precise moment. I've decided that Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth will be my venture for this project. For those that dont know this particular peice of Morley's work, here's a reminder-
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=A&Img=253738

Really this is an issue with the whole swathe of Swan Knights which are possibly the single most hated models in the Lord of the Rings range. What i hope to create is a more suitable looking heavy cavalry for Gondor that (unlike Gary Morley's efforts) fits effortlessly into the existing range.

Dr Death

Merceus
11-09-2007, 15:04
What the warp are his arms doing? And yes, your **** does look fat... I mean armoured :wtf:

nice :D (dont tell)

Edit: Will it have Bunny Ears?

Merceus
11-09-2007, 17:53
Hurray!! I got my concept pics for the Daemon Prince!! Its actually not so bad taking pics of pics…

All
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5959/daemonkingconcept1ag4.jpg

Legs
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3098/daemonkingconcept2ml6.jpg

Head, Wingpack, Sword
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/764/daemonkingconcept3kz6.jpg

Head
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1639/daemonkingconcept4hm1.jpg

Merceus
11-09-2007, 17:53
Wingpack, Sword
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9993/daemonkingconcept5bb3.jpg

Sword Hilt
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8831/daemonkingconcept6ql5.jpg

Any suggestions?

MutantMaggot
11-09-2007, 17:59
The sword could be more damaged and old looking, but that is ... good -Rubbish. (I hope Harry didn't hear!)

Anyway, less doodling, more sculpting! (I'm out of GS, so I've got an excuse!)

Merceus
11-09-2007, 18:12
Technically complimenting the art isn't complimenting the modelling... so I think we're safe from Harry there... I think...

Yeah, I'll probably put a few knicks and scratches on the sword... and I have an excuse too! I'm lazy, so there! :p

MutantMaggot
11-09-2007, 18:23
watch out, though ... he may introduce new rules... Brr...

Merceus
11-09-2007, 18:44
Don't we need 365.25 days advance notice for a rules change? :D

MutantMaggot
11-09-2007, 18:52
That's if the OverLord Harry doesn't decide he's getting bored with standing outside a door with a notice on sying 'for rules changes, wait for 365.25 days' on. :D

G.Hawke
11-09-2007, 19:34
My god someone NOT ME has DARED TO POST PICTURES!

Not only that, but they dared post a complimentary insult at my model!

I am both outraged and serious looking forwards to and works by Merc.

Hawke

Merceus
11-09-2007, 20:06
Well what can I say? Gals love a rebel :D

Just not a weird-lookin' geeky one...

G.Hawke
11-09-2007, 20:36
Well what can I say? Gals love a rebel :D

Just not a weird-lookin' geeky one...

Hehe, laugh it up fuzz ball.

Hawke

Arhalien
11-09-2007, 20:50
Oi, I'm the fuzz-ball here! And anyone that wants to argue will.... erm.... get hairballs.
Yes, hairballs.
:rolleyes:

G.Hawke
11-09-2007, 21:18
Oi, I'm the fuzz-ball here! And anyone that wants to argue will.... erm.... get hairballs.
Yes, hairballs.
:rolleyes:

your grasp, my alien fiend, of our language never ceases to underwhelm me.

Come on, well all know its a wig! your really as hairless, so hairless you buy special sweaters knitted by armies of thread wielding grannies,

Hawke

Rider-Of-Kurnous
12-09-2007, 14:59
Grannies knit shreddies.

Anyway I will hopefully post my concept art soon.
Good looking conversions so far

Rider-

G.Hawke
13-09-2007, 16:45
ok here is the thread bump image,
i've put kharns lower and bottom halfs together so i can show you and start work on the groinal armour as well as the detailing,
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0652.jpg

I've also had the scrap the beatle head due to size.

hawke

Arhalien
13-09-2007, 16:50
I didn't know Kharn was into river dancing :p

G.Hawke
13-09-2007, 16:52
I didn't know Kharn was into river dancing :p

actully its ballroom, can't you tell by the way his arms are waiting for the parters?

Hawke

MutantMaggot
13-09-2007, 17:16
Add some chaos icons to his breastplate.

Otherwise, it's good so far, for someone who's never sculpted a full model before.

Grandpa Kharn, Arhalien? Dancing?

*shudders*

Nexus
13-09-2007, 18:30
It looks to me like he's trying to do one of those impairment tests that are used on drunk drivers. Arms out for balance and all.

Wayfarer
14-09-2007, 01:13
Kharn can prance if he wants to but he's no match for an elf when it comes to fruity dance methods.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/holybolter/Greens/sip6.jpg

Not much done since the last update. I've been busy with work so I'm behind on pretty much all my leisure projects. The head is just a quick start though I have the feeling it'll turn out horrible.

G.Hawke
14-09-2007, 07:03
not bad work, look forward to seein how it forms.

Hawke

OnnO
14-09-2007, 07:28
Gents,

I'm not out, but at the moment I'm spending all my scarce free moments on finishing my IG army for the Dutch GT coming october.
After that: expect alot of (bad) sculpting nonsense from me :)

Nexus
14-09-2007, 11:11
Okie dokie, got a few snaps of progress. I was about to start on his little skirty thing last night, but I thought I'd take a few pics to give an idea of what's going on underneath.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/nexus17/Korhil1front.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/nexus17/Korhil1left.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/nexus17/Korhil1back.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/nexus17/Korhil1right.jpg

The trousers are done, the greaves well on their way. I'm going to add the cloth skirt and the scale armour before making a start on the armour for the torso, to ensure a more consistent thickness.

You may notice that the trousers have been only loosey sculpted, particularly in the upper parts. This is because they are going to be covered up, so there's no need to fully flesh out the folds and whatnot.

Progress is pretty slow because I've been out on the bike quite a lot this week, but I should be able to get the armour done over the weekend. I'm still stuck on what to do with the cloak and in particular the head of the lion.

Merceus
14-09-2007, 12:14
Oh! There trousers! I though his mid-upper legs were just really fatty :p nice

G.Hawke
14-09-2007, 17:20
"I'll teach you to eat my salad!"

Hmmm yes... the worlds my angry dieter....

is he going to be holding a stale french baton?

Hawke

MutantMaggot
14-09-2007, 17:24
Hmm. Isn't he an eensie bit skinny? Poor Korhil, all his fat and muscle fell into his legs. Pretty good. I await more. If only to laugh. :D (Just following Harry's rules)

Merceus
14-09-2007, 17:27
Those are very skinny arms... and he is naked... sort of... but saggy? im confused :(

G.Hawke
14-09-2007, 19:22
bare in mind the current had for gorechild is oversize by like 2,

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0653.jpg

Hawke

Merceus
14-09-2007, 20:49
Looks Nurgley... very pudgy... old man Kharne should lay off the booze :p

Is he gonna have unarmoured arms like the actual model?

MutantMaggot
15-09-2007, 08:53
I thought he worshipped Khorne? Why's he all green? Nurgle decided he didn't like him killing his followers? Or has he decided to go all Tzeentchian and change allegiances? Wait, I get it ... it's GS!

Pretty good, and much better than I could do (which isn't saying much)!

G.Hawke
15-09-2007, 10:14
ok here is with some modifications

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Commisarat/PICT0655.jpg

Hawke

MutantMaggot
15-09-2007, 10:22
His stomach exploded?

G.Hawke
15-09-2007, 10:26
His stomach exploded?

i'm reworkin the midsection, his former parts ain't best ways afittin, and i need a plan for it so...

Hawke

MutantMaggot
15-09-2007, 10:50
So you decided he needed to go on a diet?

Merceus
15-09-2007, 20:11
well he did :eek:

MutantMaggot
16-09-2007, 07:43
Or perhaps there was something in the blood Kharne drinks ... his drinking of foes blood gave him diarheoa?

Merceus
16-09-2007, 08:32
Uber-mega-space-trooper-men don't get diarheoa... they become anorexic... which isn't helped by the constant battling... all that excercise and adrenaline... not to mention fluctuating blood sugar from drinking everything thats wet and red...

MutantMaggot
16-09-2007, 08:34
Poor chap, no wonder he's looking a bit scrawny. If I was him, I'd eat more fruit and veg.

Merceus
16-09-2007, 19:02
Update! Woo!! I am so fast!!!

lol

Did the miliputting on his stomach... and thats it... I felt I should at least post something, better then nothing...

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2998/cerotid1ps6.jpg

Arhalien
16-09-2007, 19:37
Hmm, looks like Merceus has invented a new Chaos god; you see above you a Demon prince of f'nger-pryntse :p

G.Hawke
16-09-2007, 19:40
is his crotch ment to look that... packed?

Is he a servant of slaneesh? if so where's the boob?

Hawle

Merceus
16-09-2007, 20:32
ahem! First, I see no finger prints in that picture... second this is only the base structure, so he's gonna get bulkier and the finger things will get covered up... third, he's a DAEMON!!! he may not even have anything down there :p

MutantMaggot
17-09-2007, 15:51
Hmm ... I love the head, Merceus! Still, it's better than what I could do.

Merceus
17-09-2007, 18:01
:eek: Dame you MM!! Why must you confuse me at every corner!

MutantMaggot
17-09-2007, 18:08
Muah ha ha ha! It's all part of my supreme Galaxy Dominion scheme!

*sings the national anthem*
But of course I would never plot against my glorious country ...

Merceus
17-09-2007, 18:40
so... does that mean im safe?

Edit: Of course Im not safe, nobodies safe from the inevitable imprisonment and the construct. no one.

G.Hawke
17-09-2007, 18:56
no one.

I am.
Twisted and evil as the diezens of this thread are, i am of a far older and far more twisted breed of peoples. You are wierd, but besides me you are like a child stood next to rictus.

Hawke

Merceus
17-09-2007, 19:20
Your safe so long as you're not from Britain... otherwise you're screwed :p

G.Hawke
17-09-2007, 19:41
Your safe so long as you're not from Britain... otherwise you're screwed :p

technically i am, and i am not.

I am english born, but within the realms of Ellan Vannin (Isle of man)

So eh... Yeah i exist in that grey zone. Again. I do seem somewhat greyzone of late.

Hawke

Merceus
17-09-2007, 19:57
hmm... I think ur safe... just stay away from the UK in about 10 years and onwards...

((I am not some freak and I know none of what I am saying is true... but its helping me))

G.Hawke
17-09-2007, 20:23
hmm... I think ur safe... just stay away from the UK in about 10 years and onwards...

((I am not some freak and I know none of what I am saying is true... but its helping me))

Why? how am i suppost to rule a country if i'm not there?

Well... ok i'll have my empire by then but...

Hawke

Grimstonefire
17-09-2007, 21:09
Name: Grimstonefire
Sculpting: Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer (Original model (http://www.chaosdwarf.com/pmwiki/index.php?n=Main.ChaosDwarfModelRangeSorc) by Alan Perry I think)
Skill level: Good. Is that allowed? :confused:

Most of my sculpts come out quite nicely, but then people don't get to see the ones that are terrible. So I will enter here and see if I can improve on the Big Hat! I need a sorcerer anyway, so this will be useful for feedback

The idea I have is to sculpt him with his cloak on fire (in a good magical way)! Sculpting fire has to be one of the hardest things (after hands ;)), so it may turn out terrible. I might try to do him in such a way as to be castable if he's any good (i.e. a little bit bigger than a regular CD, with low undercuts).

Nexus
18-09-2007, 01:52
Korhil is coming along. His lower half only needs the distinctive scale armour of the high elves adding. His upper half is less far along, though his high elfy girdle type thing is finished, as is his chestplate. Still in a quandary regarding a few bits and pieces, this time I'm umming and arring over whether I should mimic the old Korhil and have a gorget thing going on. Not sure it would work, particularly since the shoulders and traps significantly narrow the area where it would go. I think maybe it'd look a bit chunky.

There's a lot of spam in this thread, isn't there?

Taarnak
18-09-2007, 05:10
Name: Taarnak (Eric)
Sculpting: Orion and Korhil (maybe one or two others time and inspiration permitting)
Skill Level: Not sure how to tell. Okay, I guess...

Started on Korhil. Will get pics as soon as I can. Actually, this started out as a He-Man mini and I was inspired to make him Korhil for some reason. (Edit: Don't mean to step on any toes with Korhil. Sorry about that Nexus... :D)

Orion is still in the planning stages. Doing this one because I have hated every version of the mini made so far.

~Eric

PS
For anyone interested I may have an update for my Log soon-ish. RL has been a beeyotch for the past month and a half, so updates have been slow in coming.

G.Hawke
18-09-2007, 06:56
There's a lot of spam in this thread, isn't there?

Nah, its more Spontainious Posts Aimed miscellaneously. (There is an abrivation but)

We're actully building up a friendly feeling in the thread, btw, to the two new guys, welcome aboard, i look forwards to jesting in my crit of your porbably fine works.

Hawke

Arhalien
18-09-2007, 12:17
Oh dear, Grimstonefire is good.... beware Hawke and Merceus :p

MutantMaggot
18-09-2007, 15:51
Are you insulting Hawke's work, Arhalien? Personally I think his ghost grandpa legs are very -- wait, it's meant to be Kharne? :D

Arhalien
18-09-2007, 16:12
Are you insulting Hawke's work, Arhalien?

Yes :p.....

Merceus
18-09-2007, 16:21
Well I have nothing to fear, nor watch out for! No one can perfect the art of sculpting finger prints like I! It took countless seconds of practice, you could never hope to ascertain even a moderately distusgtingly pathetic level compared to my god-like might of putty melding!!

MutantMaggot
18-09-2007, 16:27
You mean you've abandoned galaxy dominion, and taken up being a god od fingerprint sculpting, Merceus?

Arhalien, you do realize I was insulting him too ... :D

Merceus
18-09-2007, 18:11
I have many faces... For I am an enchanter... And I have many names... Some call me, Tim!

Way of course there... lets try again... ahem! I have many faces, whether it be the awe-inspiring malvolence of a god, or the unnoticed subtletly and stealth of a hobo... but no matter how low I sink or how high and mighty I am, one thing is for sure... I am a GOD amongst GODS!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! Ha!

MutantMaggot
18-09-2007, 18:25
I think you forgot to mention me as your supreme master there?

Muah. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Taarnak
18-09-2007, 19:02
Ok, current progress on Korhil:
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2448/korhil1oo3.th.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=korhil1oo3.jpg)

~Eric

MutantMaggot
18-09-2007, 19:41
Pretty good. Certainly better than I could do.

3 problems:
a) He appears to have lost his head
b) His arms are a bit skinny
c) You actually appear to have talent! (All who vote to kick him out?)

G.Hawke
18-09-2007, 19:54
Pretty good. Certainly better than I could do.

c) You actually appear to have talent! (All who vote to kick him out?)

seconded for the kick.

Damn this man. he can, you know, sculpt.

btw, those who throw bricks should check first that there avatar isn't some form of orange primate who looks awfully suseptable to the temptation of fruit.

Hawke

Arhalien
18-09-2007, 20:10
It's spelt THEIR Hawke :p

Oh, and the mods appear to have been on a prowl around the project logs section so we'd better behave for a while ;)

Merceus
18-09-2007, 21:35
I think you forgot to mention me as your supreme master there?

Muah. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Those days are over MM. I have broken the oppresive shackles! I move for no man!
_ _ _ _ _

Yes. The Mods. Do fear them you fearful fearers. erm... fear? I will not hide! I am blah!!

Korhil's looking good... and by good I mean I HATE YOU!!!!

Does he have a mount? He's lookin very bow-legged... either that or had a rough night with Uma Thurman...

Catferret
19-09-2007, 00:39
*obligatory on-topic post*

Excellent work everybody. Those models look great.

That was fun... :rolleyes: Totally worthwhile.

Geep
19-09-2007, 15:06
I'd be interested in joining this. I'd probably try and sculpt a FW Barbed Heirodule for apocalypse- are FW models acceptable?
Can anyone tell me the base size for one?

It'll probably still be a few months before I can even begin work on it though...

MutantMaggot
19-09-2007, 19:01
*obligatory on-topic post*

All who vote to burn him for it? :D

I may start work soon ... when I buy some GS ...

Merceus
19-09-2007, 20:25
Has stuff been deleted from this thread? Cos I just lost over a hundred posts and cant think where it could've happened...

Edit: And yes, burn the catferret thing...

MutantMaggot
20-09-2007, 15:53
I believe this thread is safe Merceus. The mods usually give a warning or message if posts have been deleted. However, check your project log. Considering the content of most of it, that may be the prime cause for your loss of posts.

Ender Shadowkin
20-09-2007, 23:57
Ok, Here is my contributions, as a extremly poor sculpter, I've never tried to sculpt anything from scratch before, so here are my treekin, a failry common and un-technical project.

I wanted to have more "Pine" type treekin, thats why the have pointy lids.

I started with a lot of wire.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/EnderShadowKin/e.jpg

Then Slabed on some putty, and sculpted on Greenstuff faces

Please totally disregard the painted one, It was completed first (a while ago) . . .I was up too late one night, added a wash drank some more beer, added another wash, repeat . . . it's possible it may actually be dipped in Guiness. . .suffice to say it will get primered over.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/EnderShadowKin/WE%20Pictures/IMG_3445.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/EnderShadowKin/WE%20Pictures/IMG_3445a.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/EnderShadowKin/WE%20Pictures/IMG_3447.jpg

After a decent paint job, and a sprinkling of spites they should be playable.

Catferret
20-09-2007, 23:59
Not bad Ender. Not bad at all.

I've been to busy to even start my entry. I have been practicing sculpting arms though so maybe I'll get something started after GD.

G.Hawke
21-09-2007, 07:00
*Rule following post:

How come he looks like a plumbin accident? all those wires and such make him like he's been in a car crash.

*Translation: Good work, looks cool!

Hawke

Merceus
21-09-2007, 13:43
im blatantly disregarding the rules (sorry), but those Treekin are awesome mental!!! TOP JOB!!! LOVE EM!!! I want some :(

and my log hasn't gotten no smaller neither...

Ender Shadowkin
21-09-2007, 15:47
im blatantly disregarding the rules (sorry), but those Treekin are awesome mental!!! TOP JOB!!! LOVE EM!!! I want some :(

and my log hasn't gotten no smaller neither...

Thanks Guys!, it really is shockingly easy, the hardest part was gettign the wire fram sorted out, I had about 3 types of wire/plumbing:p (differnt thicknesses) and I had to glue the bigger pieces (and my fingers) together to make the base frames, then its just wrap wrap wrap with the other wires, while watching TV.

The white is just air hardening sculpters clay, smeared on and textured with a tootpick.

I think my skill with the green stuff is evident by the fact you can tell it wasn't even fully mixed :eek: (damn my friends excellent camera, it shows everything . . .) I sculpted the faces with this plastic pointy thing I got at the dentist . . . but I am happy with how they turned out. I was going to make 8 of them for a FS themed army (Stag rider King, Unicorn rider Queen) but I have become obssessed with Eternal Guard and have realized I may never field all those treekin, so the other 5 are on hold while I finish the paiting and conversions on the rest of the list.

MutantMaggot
21-09-2007, 17:36
Umm... how much to buy some of those amazing treekin?

(Note that I am only hinting at things... not actually disobeying Harry's rules!)

Anyway, those are excellent treekin, ES. I may in fact "borrow" some of your ideas.

MutantMaggot :)

PS> I hope Harry didn't hear!

Arhalien
21-09-2007, 18:01
Oh dear, someone else with talent.
*Hits Ender with a kipper*

MutantMaggot
21-09-2007, 18:14
Try using eels. They give more of a wet feeling. :D
(Try the asur.org chatrooms for more info, and sorry for the shameless plug)

Ender, I think you have inspired me to finally sculpt my Chaos Familiars and Nagash. :eek:

*slinks off to sculpt*

Merceus
21-09-2007, 19:34
Does sculpting eye patches and pirate hats onto marines count as sculpting? Of course it doesn't :(

The reason I haven't updated is simple... I dont like Miliput, it smells, it takes ages to mix together... the yellow gets everywhere except in the grey bit... so yeah, I dont like it... wont stop me using it though :D

Ender Shadowkin
21-09-2007, 20:02
Thanks for the ... Eel Slime . . guys.

Try using eels. They give more of a wet feeling. :D
(Try the asur.org chatrooms for more info, and sorry for the shameless plug)

Ohh, I'm over there quite a bit (aka "ElvenAirCorp"). I just posted my Stag conversion project in the modeling section. Not an orginal sculp, but some green stuff here and there.

Buy? he he, we'll my shoddy construction would undoubtable distingrate in the mail. But if I get back into making them in the near future I will let you know and perhaps we could trade something.

Merceus
21-09-2007, 20:30
yeah, you get used to that...

well, that, shameless plugs, unfinished projects and android forum members swaying things off of topic...

MutantMaggot
22-09-2007, 07:03
Actually Ender, much as I like them, it was a joke to indicate that I liked them a lot, without actually disobeying Harry's almighty rules. Sorry for any confusion. :D (Though I may be interested in a few years/months)

Merceus, did you call me android? :wtf: (Not because of the phrase, but I like the face. I am not as base as Merceus, who probably does like the phrase. :D ) I may reply to that with an accusation of emo-ness... :p

Sorry,
MutantMaggoot

firestorm40k
22-09-2007, 08:02
Hey, I've been scooting through this thread, and it's pretty entertaining! :) There are acutally some pretty decent sculptors on here.

Now, for those of you who feel up to it, here's a real sculpting challenge...

...sculpt something in 6mm Epic Scale.

:evilgrin:

Go on. I dare ya. :p

MutantMaggot
22-09-2007, 08:28
Hmm. Challenge accepted. I'm going to sculpt a chaos spawn. :D A nurgle one.

Merceus
22-09-2007, 08:48
aww... I was gonna do that! cept it'd be a demon...

Hey! That comment made no sense! Are you saying I like being Android? Or that you think my bases are funny? Or that I am emo? Or something else? Im confused :(

MutantMaggot
22-09-2007, 09:26
Confused? Excellent ... :p

And daemons would be hard to sculpt on epic scale, unless it was a great unclean one... :D

Merceus
22-09-2007, 09:31
That's why I chose Nurgle :p

MutantMaggot
22-09-2007, 09:40
I'll laugh at your feeble attempts at sculpting a blob of Nurgle (BoN), emo!

Sorry,
MutantMaggot

Merceus
22-09-2007, 10:03
lol... well.. erm... [insert good retort]!!! so there!

MutantMaggot
22-09-2007, 10:18
[GOOD_RETORT=Merceus] Big words for a chaos spawn, slimeball![/GOOD RETORT]

I'm offended by that, Merceus. I'm not a slimeball.
:D

Joking,
MutantMaggot

Merceus
22-09-2007, 11:35
Yeah! Well! Im just that good!

MutantMaggot
22-09-2007, 12:10
:D (curse the character limit!)

Merceus, have you seen SC's new forums?

Merceus
22-09-2007, 12:30
oooh.... YAGH!!!!!! YAG!! AAAAH!!! ARGH!!!...

no

Taarnak
26-09-2007, 23:05
Quick update on Korhil:
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8939/korhil2am0.th.jpg (http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=korhil2am0.jpg)

Still hasn't managed to locate his head yet. Poor guy. However, he has been working out and building up his arms some. Well, one of them, anyway...

~Eric

MutantMaggot
27-09-2007, 16:05
Stop that muscle-building on one arm, Korhil! You're running around like a headless chicken!

Good so far, but he needs more creases in his skirt/kilt.

MutantMaggot

Ender Shadowkin
27-09-2007, 16:50
Actually Ender, much as I like them, it was a joke to indicate that I liked them a lot, without actually disobeying Harry's almighty rules.

Well then the price is double! :D And, good, you have subsequently slipped a few knotches on my big chart of insanity ratings for people I have never actually met. You may not be happy about that :cool:

Quick update on Korhil:
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8939/korhil2am0.th.jpg (http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=korhil2am0.jpg)

Still hasn't managed to locate his head yet. Poor guy. However, he has been working out and building up his arms some. Well, one of them, anyway...

~Eric

Nice, My only advice for the head is to perhaps cover it with as much hair as possible, they best I could do would be actually to model a "windy day" and only have the nose poking through. That would be the extent of my skill. :evilgrin: Looking forwad to more updates!

Merceus
28-09-2007, 15:45
OH MY GOD!! Its still alive! lol... i have done nothing...

MutantMaggot
28-09-2007, 17:13
You mean this thread, my fort of forts, my fortress of spam? Nah, I have lived in this thread, my glorious domain, and I have KEPT IT ALIVE!

Ender, does that mean I'm more or less insane? Insanity is my domain, mine, Merceus, MINE! As for the price, as it was 0.01 before, now it is 0.02. :D

Grimstonefire
28-09-2007, 18:46
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer begins to take shape!

Still wondering how the hell I'm going to do that cloak on fire :confused:

He's got a nice beer belly on him, though it will appear less pronounced once I've given him a chunky belt. He will be holding a fireball in the left hand, ready to throw, and a long staff in the right that will go up behind his back (appearing behind the left shoulder). Or if that's too tricky, a walking staff that will just stick on his cloak.

Oh, he will have a hat as well http://chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/images/smilies/Take%20Hat%20Off2.gif

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/Grimstonefire2/Chaos%20Dwarfs/Sorcerergreen.jpg

MutantMaggot
28-09-2007, 18:54
What a fatty! :D I thought he was meant to have a decent head and a beard! And his arms? Good work on the Nurgle Dwarf. :p

Joking, it's actually very good. What weapons will he have? (EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your post, as I was watching the CD for signs of non-stone-ness :D )And you could try using pieces of spare swords etc as armour. I'll use them as spikes.

Please pray that Harry doesn't find me,
MutantMaggot

Grimstonefire
28-09-2007, 19:05
I handn't actually thought about including the stony part, but I guess I could do his right arm (the lower one) as stone from the elbow down?

Yep, can't beat a bit of fat! Proudly earned through beer consumption :)

MutantMaggot
28-09-2007, 19:08
The stone ides is good, but perhaps sculpt him first, then add stony effect sculpting and painting.

Beer is good ... :D

Nexus
28-09-2007, 20:08
The CD looks like a good foundation. My elf has had a bit of work going on, might see about getting a photo tomorrow.

Still not sure what I'm going to do with the lion head, I think maybe I'll just do everything but, then decide afterwards. It's not like putty is hard to cut :D

What's happened to harry, anyway?

Ender Shadowkin
28-09-2007, 21:17
Ender, does that mean I'm more or less insane? Insanity is my domain, mine, Merceus, MINE! As for the price, as it was 0.01 before, now it is 0.02. :D

By not wanting to purchase said lumps of clay, you are technically less insane, but rest assured your overall insanity rating still remains very high :evilgrin:

3vilX
29-09-2007, 04:25
alright... here we go

name:3vilX
sculpting: something vostroyan... not that i don't like the minis, it's just that there's only a few...
sculpting level:err... i made a cube this one time...

i really shouldn't be signing up but... whatever... now i just need a camera and some paperclips...

MutantMaggot
29-09-2007, 07:03
By not wanting to purchase said lumps of clay, you are technically less insane, but rest assured your overall insanity rating still remains very high :evilgrin:

Good, good ... can't have people doubting my insanity ...

3vilX, please be aware that this thread is not one for praise, just before you begin. Do something badly to be praised, for it'll raise all our ratings comparatively ... :evilgrin:

Joking, what I meant to say was that if you have talent we'll burn you at the stake. :skull:

3vilX
29-09-2007, 16:33
yeah but you can't burn me if I'm FIREPROOF so... yeah... uh... BURN

MutantMaggot
29-09-2007, 16:37
When I said you'd burn, I really did mean you will BURN, fireproof suit or no!

Harry
29-09-2007, 21:34
What's happened to harry, anyway?

Apologies.

I do keep checking in from time to time to see what happening.
But I have not found time to sculpt anything yet.
September is a stupid busy month for me.
I am also painting a boat load of stuff every month for The tale of painters threads but I will try and make a start on something, sometime, soonish... hopefully. :D