PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck in a jam - What should I buy?

Merceus
24-08-2007, 22:23
IMPORTANT: I am buying the Army Deal, so this is now "What should I buy next?" ignore the Army Deal and knock off one of the defilers :IMPORTANT

Hey all, I have at least 3 projects on the go, not to mention both Chaos and Apocalypse on the Horizon... I have a list of what to buy, but don't know what to get first, what with my limited quantities of money...

So first off, I have a 1000pt Eldar army Im working on as a one off Exodite thing, then I have my Chaos army which I am gearing up for Apocalypse with all kinds of new stuff, and finally there's my LatD project which involves writing a new Dex for them (for friendly games) and painting up a sizeable army with at least one of each unit...

I've left the Apocalypse releases off the list cos this is all about stuff I want now! So here's my options, please help! BTW, I only have 140 and don't want to spend it all... cheers :D

Forge World Great Unclean One, Keeper of Secrets or Bloodthirster
I only want one of these for my LatD army… I already have a standard GW Bloodthirster, but another one is never bad…

Chaos Army Deal

2 Defilers and 1 Chaos Dreadnought
2 Defiler conversions, one standing on two legs, the other a Brass Scorpion. 1 Chaos marine Dreadnought. All for my Chaos Marine Army.

Eldar Stuff
3 Jetbikes
Spellsinger
Wardancer Blister
2 Harlequin Blisters
Ranger Box
Wardancer Lord
Death Jester
Glade Rider Sprue
Direct only Ranger
Direct Wardancer 2
4 Storm Guardian Weapon Sprues

Generally just Eldar stuff. Spellsinger=Farseer, Wardancers=Harlequins, Glade Riders=Jetbike Riders and the Storm Guardian bits will be going on some Glade Guard later.

LatD stuff from FW
Renegade Militia Rogue Psykers
Ogryn ‘serker squad
Giant Spawn
Titan Tech Priest

LatD stuff from GW 1
Space Marine Terminators
2 boxes of Cadians
Flagellant Warband
Basilisk or Battle Tank

Terminators will become true-scale Renegades, Flagellants will be Cultist Fanatics. Please specify which Tank I should get.

LatD stuff from GW 2
3 Sentinels
3 Chaos Bikers
1 Box of Cadians
9 Chaos Cultists
1 Cultist Demagouge

Sentinels and bikes will be converted to make more Chaosy Sentinels

Forge World Dreadnought and Space Marine Dreadnought
1 FW dread for my Chaos army and 1 Marine Dread for my LatD army.

Other
Or if there is any assortment of these products that would seem pleasing and doesn’t cost too much, please say so.

I have also put a umber out of 10 next to all Poll Options, this shows how much I want that specific thing... please bear in mind that I will be getting everything anyway and would like to not spend too much money at the moment...

Merceus
24-08-2007, 22:29
Please Note: If Gwonline decides to work, I'll be getting the Chaos Army Deal... but it doesn't look promising at the moment...

Edit: Also forgot, the number next to the poll options but before the out of 10 is the price of the option...

The_Patriot
24-08-2007, 22:38
The army deal because it's the best value.

Chaos Undivided
24-08-2007, 22:42
Definetly the chaos army deal, i got my codex a week ago and it kicks ****, army deal will be in stores fort sale tomorrow so get your bum to the closest gw and pick one up.

You can make yourself a decent scorp from one defiler but i would recommend two for a proper 8 legged monster, if your making a chicken walker too then you can nick the extra set of legs and chassis off that, with the two turrets you should actually be able to make 2 chicken walkers and a scorp from 2 defiler kits!

The new dread fire frenzy table sucks ass for shooty dreads so unless you plan on a CC dread i would steer clear of them.

Merceus
24-08-2007, 22:49
hmm... seems to be steering in the direction of an army deal... yes, I may just have to go and buy it tommorrow... though my local GW will probably sell out immediately (depending how many they stock)...

I suppose I will, though I was really looking forward to some of that Forgeworld luvin... But Chaos are awesome too... hence why I needed this poll :P

Chaos Undivided
24-08-2007, 23:00
hmm... seems to be steering in the direction of an army deal... yes, I may just have to go and buy it tommorrow... though my local GW will probably sell out immediately (depending how many they stock)...

I suppose I will, though I was really looking forward to some of that Forgeworld luvin... But Chaos are awesome too... hence why I needed this poll :P

I personally cant justify buying forge world kit, those guys cast resin about as good as it can be done but its still preety ropey.

If you want feedback on the greater demons chalk one vote up for the unclean one, too many fiddly bits in the keeper and thirster which is never a good thing with resin.

Merceus
24-08-2007, 23:08
I was half leaning to the GUO seeing as how I already have a THirster and my mum probably wouldnt take too well to a big pair o' boobs on the kitchen table...

I quite like the FW stuff, seems perfect (apart from the price)

BaronDG
24-08-2007, 23:23
Anyone who puts the GUO down on my dinnertable at suppertime is in for a harsh spanking, I can tell you that! That thing is disgusting!

Merceus
24-08-2007, 23:26
Is that in a good way or a bad way?

BaronDG
24-08-2007, 23:38
Well... I wouldn't even want to touch the mini itself, no matter I keep telling myself: "It's only resin. You can't catch something from it. The buboes won't burst and the pustules won't pop.Brrrrr. It is Only Resin..."

Merceus
24-08-2007, 23:39
Well... I wouldn't even want to touch the mini itself, no matter I keep telling myself: "It's only resin. You can't catch something from it. The buboes won't burst and the pustules won't pop.Brrrrr. It is Only Resin..."

Tis not so bad... I dare ye ta buy one!